Keith David[6]

Andy Richter[6]

Conan O'Brien as Clarence[6]

Xzibit

Myriam Sirois

12 hours ago, tessaray said:

The cast of Final Space is first rate!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Space#Cast

David Tennant is unrecognizable as Lord Commander! I've seen others complaining about this because they like his natural voice, but I love what he's doing here.

Haven't identified Gina Torres yet.

Tom Kenny as HUE is simply brilliant! I never got into SpongeBob for some reason, despite being the right age for it, but his voice work here makes me want to give it a go. He hits the perfect shade of HAL while adding his own personality to it.

• Love 1

Let me start by saying there are 3 episodes of this already available through various media outlets. It has been shown on 3 different networks and I am not sure which one will be the regular network, on what date, and what time.

I have only seen 2 of the episodes and I am not very impressed by the animation style and character design, it is a little on the simplistic side. I am also not that fond of the characters personalities, but I did like the premise of the the plot they relayed in the first 2 episodes, if they had only shown 1 episode, I might not have watched the rest of the show. I saw the list of voice actors, so that part should be first rate.

I think TBS is the show's home. They probably used the other Turner channels for cross promotion?

I've only seen the first episode. I meant to watch the other 2 tonight but ended up watching the Oscars instead. Anyway, I'll give it a few more before I decide.  

I was actually hoping for a cross between Red Dwarf and Futurama, so was disappointed in the main character.  The animation style didn't bother me too much though. 

True, but IMO maybe not enough? The similarities with Red Dwarf (on paper) were kind of what caught my attention but Gary is no Lister. Maybe because Lister is pragmatic and grounded even in the most surreal surroundings. 

Gary's closer to what you'd get if you combine the worst personality traits of Lister and Rimmer.   Although, as I've said before, I'm hoping they tone him down a bit now that he has a friend.  

• Love 1
On 3/16/2018 at 3:12 PM, Matt K said:

TBS seems to be one episode ahead on the app.  Without going into spoilers, I think with episode 4 the show is finally starting to find its feet.   

The creator of the show, and many of the other people involved have been active over on its subreddit. They all have been saying that things get kicked up a notch in episode 6. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Downside to this whole release-3-episodes-before-the-show-actually-premieres thing is I feel like I've been waiting forever for anything new!

That was really dark.  I'm curious to see where they go with a second season.  I found the season overall to be pretty good but it did have a bunch of flaws.  The humor didn't really work for me (same with Tribor as a character) for the most part either.  But the plot itself was pretty good and they did a great job with the serious stuff.  

7 hours ago, Matt K said:

Just saw an ad on Adult Swim.  They're going to re-show the first season before they show the second.  I guess it'll no longer be on TBS.

The pilot episode of the first season was shown on 3 different networks, they have a history of doing this. I am pretty sure it is still airing on TBS.

• Useful 1
On 5/17/2019 at 2:33 AM, AnimeMania said:

Not positive, but I saw this as the release date:    

Final Space Season 2    June 24, 2019    10.30 PM   TBS 

You A-hole, it is on Cartoon Network not TBS!

New season, first episode - "The Toro Regatta"

Tribore Mode: Did I see Fox and Ash doing the Dragonball-Z Fusion Dance when they were introduced? Yes I did. 

Ash (voiced by Ashley Birch) seems like she'd be right at home on Invader Zim.

Why is it that racing competitions in space always end up as running battles?

I predict that the handsome blond robot with a dozen aliases will show up again. No way Clarence will leave his head laying around unused.

Episode - "The Happy Place" : The argument over who owns the Crystal Pepsi (or whatever the ship is called) devolves into a literal pissing contest. Much urine is expended, but to little effect other than giving Ash a UTI.

And then they get captured by a ship full of aliens who look like the little brothers of Wilt from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and who just happen to be running their own extremely happy version of The Matrix to power their toasters & stuff. After one insane trip through his happy dancing-and-marital-relations-with-cookies place, Gary gets rescued when the others figure out that the Happy Place is a fatal Happy Place. Turns out that the ship is run by someone who's really pissed at Gary for misplacing the Earth. Everyone heroically runs away.

Meanwhile, Clarence tries to defraud a wealthy sucker, but the deal falls through when the mark turns out to have too many hands that need shaking in too many places.

In other words, the overarching plot does not appear to have been advanced at all.

• LOL 1

"Final Space" Season Three Takes Off Saturday, March 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on Adult Swim.

Picking up where things left off, season three brings unexpected twists and turns as Gary and the crew enter final space to rescue Quinn. After discovering they are now trapped, the stakes get even higher as the crew must do whatever it takes to survive.

With Invictus and Lord Commander determined to capture Mooncake in an attempt to use him to grow even more powerful, Gary and the crew's only hope is to team up with Earth's sole survivor. Together they must find a way out before it's too late.

Here is that new Trailer.

I avoided this until I caught up on HBOMax because all of the episodes are in one thread. The show is kinda uneven, going from slapstick to surreal to heartfelt, but I appreciate the effort. I started off loathing Gary, but then remembered he had five years alone with KVN and no cookies. (I was really expecting him to hate them or be allergic once he got to eat them.) A lot of references are the "blink and you'll miss it" type.

• Mooncake is the shit.  Choookity.
  • Armisen is perfect as KVN, because he is an annoying actor.
  • Tika Sumpter (Quinn) could make a living pranking people on the phone pretending to be Mila Kunis.
  • I still don't trust Mom completely.
  • Not a fan of the Lost Prince Who Would Be King subplot.

I've been enjoying the past few episodes.  The show is so much better without Tribore.  I think (with the exception of Tribore) they are doing a better job with the humor and balancing it with the rest of the story.  Sad Fox is out and now Ash too.  Hopefully it won't take long to get them back.  

Wait, is it just me or does this not make sense? In all other timelines Garry sacraficed himself. So how did Nightfall get final space poisoning thus requiring the implant. And how would she have survived the operation with her Gary dead?

3 hours ago, Zonk said:

Wait, is it just me or does this not make sense? In all other timelines Garry sacrificed himself. So how did Nightfall get final space poisoning thus requiring the implant. And how would she have survived the operation with her Gary dead?

This was the first timeline that Gary survived.  Maybe that threw the universe a curve? I don't know.  Two-eyed super emo Ash could be trouble.

4 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Of course, no happy ending in the finale.

I mean it will likely be renewed and the show runner said he has planned a 6 season arc. So of course there isn't a happy ending at the end of season three. Shits gonna get more and more real the next two seasons at least.

I predict a teaming up with the lord commander against invictus.

It will be interesting if Ash can be redeemed or if she is completely gone. There seemed to be a glimmer there when Gary said he was sorry they failed her. Although I have to say her turn didn't seem well done. The show had brought her back from the brink too far, that I don't quite buy that the revelation of the killing of little Cato's parents would set her off this bad.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, edhopper said:

Ash killed Moon Pie, she can suck it and die.

Nah, he's not dead. We would have seen that. She just sucked some energy out of him.

• Like 1

Finishing the story with one single graphic novel is kinda crappy, but I guess better than nothing.

This should have been a final season or at least a movie. Also the deal is really shit. It seems like it is designed to fuck Rogers over, because it's not like HBO is doing anything with the IP. Screw the new HBO leadership. They suck.

Edited by PurpleTentacle
  • Like 1

Final Space Finale Comic Sells Out in a Day

Final Space: The Final Chapter Graphic Novel sells out of it's initial preorder batch of 10,000 copies within 28 hours after the announcement. The roughly 500 page book has already solicited another 3,000 more pre-orders, but less than 369 of those are still available. International printers are being considered to help reduce the costs of shipping to overseas customers.

• Useful 1