Keith David[6]

Andy Richter[6]

Conan O'Brien as Clarence[6]

Xzibit

Myriam Sirois

12 hours ago, tessaray said:

The cast of Final Space is first rate!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Space#Cast

David Tennant is unrecognizable as Lord Commander! I've seen others complaining about this because they like his natural voice, but I love what he's doing here.

Haven't identified Gina Torres yet.

Tom Kenny as HUE is simply brilliant! I never got into SpongeBob for some reason, despite being the right age for it, but his voice work here makes me want to give it a go. He hits the perfect shade of HAL while adding his own personality to it.

• Like 1

Let me start by saying there are 3 episodes of this already available through various media outlets. It has been shown on 3 different networks and I am not sure which one will be the regular network, on what date, and what time.

I have only seen 2 of the episodes and I am not very impressed by the animation style and character design, it is a little on the simplistic side. I am also not that fond of the characters personalities, but I did like the premise of the the plot they relayed in the first 2 episodes, if they had only shown 1 episode, I might not have watched the rest of the show. I saw the list of voice actors, so that part should be first rate.

I think TBS is the show's home. They probably used the other Turner channels for cross promotion?

I've only seen the first episode. I meant to watch the other 2 tonight but ended up watching the Oscars instead. Anyway, I'll give it a few more before I decide.  

I was actually hoping for a cross between Red Dwarf and Futurama, so was disappointed in the main character.  The animation style didn't bother me too much though. 

Tbs has shown two episodes. I don't normally watch animated tv shows but  I am going to watch this show.

True, but IMO maybe not enough? The similarities with Red Dwarf (on paper) were kind of what caught my attention but Gary is no Lister. Maybe because Lister is pragmatic and grounded even in the most surreal surroundings. 

Gary's closer to what you'd get if you combine the worst personality traits of Lister and Rimmer.   Although, as I've said before, I'm hoping they tone him down a bit now that he has a friend.  

• Like 1

There are also a few parallels to Lexx: Gary's a loser who has bonded with the greatest weapon in the universe, a prize sought by a galactic overlord.

TBS seems to be one episode ahead on the app.  Without going into spoilers, I think with episode 4 the show is finally starting to find its feet.   

On 3/16/2018 at 3:12 PM, Matt K said:

TBS seems to be one episode ahead on the app.  Without going into spoilers, I think with episode 4 the show is finally starting to find its feet.   

The creator of the show, and many of the other people involved have been active over on its subreddit. They all have been saying that things get kicked up a notch in episode 6. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Downside to this whole release-3-episodes-before-the-show-actually-premieres thing is I feel like I've been waiting forever for anything new!

That was really dark.  I'm curious to see where they go with a second season.  I found the season overall to be pretty good but it did have a bunch of flaws.  The humor didn't really work for me (same with Tribor as a character) for the most part either.  But the plot itself was pretty good and they did a great job with the serious stuff.  

Just saw an ad on Adult Swim.  They're going to re-show the first season before they show the second.  I guess it'll no longer be on TBS.

• Useful 2

7 hours ago, Matt K said:

Just saw an ad on Adult Swim.  They're going to re-show the first season before they show the second.  I guess it'll no longer be on TBS.

The pilot episode of the first season was shown on 3 different networks, they have a history of doing this. I am pretty sure it is still airing on TBS.

• Useful 1

Not positive, but I saw this as the release date:    

Final Space Season 2    June 24, 2019    10.30 PM   TBS 

• Useful 1

On 5/17/2019 at 2:33 AM, AnimeMania said:

Not positive, but I saw this as the release date:    

Final Space Season 2    June 24, 2019    10.30 PM   TBS 

You A-hole, it is on Cartoon Network not TBS!

It is going to play on TBS on July 1 at 10:30 pm but I just found it on the Cartoon Network on my TV so Yay, I don't have to wait!