Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: One Month Anniversaries

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, bichonblitz said:

Didn't Jacklyn say that he went out at 11pm?  Also, she said he is gone two other nights a week because of his other job. I could see a couple of drinks at happy hour or something like that but to wait until 11 pm to hit the bars. No bueno. 

That's the part that had me really side-eyeing him too.  Who waits until 11 o'clock to go out when all you're trying to do is a have a beer with a buddy?  I see you, Ryan.  

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, humbleopinion said:

Jon served Molly a slab of vanilla ice cream, it slide off her plate to the floor which upon landing and being scooped up (pun intended) Molly was well within the 5 seconds rule.... so Molly picked it up and had hairy apple pie ala mode...yum...

That was probably the only authentic nanosecond of the whole apple pie baking segment.

Champagne and apple pie doesn't sound bad...

Gotta comment on the amount of wine consumed by Molly and Jackie...if the camera's red light is on then make it a super generous pour.....reminds me of the amount those fish of the Housewives of (your city of choice) drinks....

Granted... Jackie has good reasons to drink and Molly has good reasons to drink....Cheers!

Yes, with the amount of drinking Molly seems to do, I'm perplexed by how much of a prude she is with Jon.   

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, ramble said:

I’m in agreement, this episode was boring! I felt like Molly and Jon have made their decision to grit this teeth and fake niceness until the inevitable end. Jaclyn and Ryan are sad. She seems so truly in and he seems so superficially in. It’s not the same. Shawneice and her crying are making me want to take back some of the meaner things I said about Jephte. It’s not just how easily and often she cries, I do that, is the volume and the wailing edge to it. Can you imagine if Jephte ever gave her some nice jewelry. The whole block would rattle from the wailing. Out of all these people I think Jaclyn is the only one I’d like to see again. A MAFS do over perhaps. 

This, exactly.  I really like Shawnice, I think she's a genuinely nice person but DAMN.  I get being touched at a gift and shedding a few tears but girl is wailing like someone just shot her dog.  I'd imagine that would get to be embarrassing for whoever she's with at the time when it happens in public.  I've never seen someone SOB like that in a restaurant after receiving some tacky gift you can find in any online store.  I mean, it was a sweet gift but GIRL.  Calm down.  And for a guy like Jepthe, who seems to be very socially conscious and self aware, that's going to get old very quickly.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

This, exactly.  I really like Shawnice, I think she's a genuinely nice person but DAMN.  I get being touched at a gift and shedding a few tears but girl is wailing like someone just shot her dog.  I'd imagine that would get to be embarrassing for whoever she's with at the time when it happens in public.  I've never seen someone SOB like that in a restaurant after receiving some tacky gift you can find in any online store.  I mean, it was a sweet gift but GIRL.  Calm down.  And for a guy like Jepthe, who seems to be very socially conscious and self aware, that's going to get old very quickly.

Jephte explained that the plaque said Mr and Mrs Pierre. Shawniece wanted to change her name immediately and he told her to hold off and it hurt her feelings a little bit so him acknowledging her as Mrs Pierre was a big deal for her.

• Love 1

I've never seen so much wine consumed daily as on this show.  Jaclyn & Molly, especially can really put it away day & night.  Can't they just have a cup of tea or coffee?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, lezlers said:

There's nothing wrong with guy and girl time, but 3 to 4 nights a week is excessive when you're married.  This isn't like "hey honey I'm going out with some work friends for a beer, I'll be home a little later" every so often.  This is a guy who is now married who isn't willing to change any aspect of his very busy, very social single life.

It is perplexing because this was the guy who was supposedly soooo ready to be married.  He seemed to be caught up in the romance and did not realize that marriage requires compromise.  No one's life is the exactly the same after marriage and I say this after being married well over a decade.

19 hours ago, lezlers said:

Yes, with the amount of drinking Molly seems to do, I'm perplexed by how much of a prude she is with Jon.   

Molly is not a prude, she just does not want Jon in any shape or form. I think she has no desire to even kiss or cuddle with him, much less make love.  I feel bad for Jon, but this is the reason you do not give up a good job to be on a reality show.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Molly is not a prude, she just does not want Jon in any shape or form. I think she has no desire to even kiss or cuddle with him, much less make love.  I feel bad for Jon, but this is the reason you do not give up a good job to be on a reality show.

Poor Jon. I can see on paper why they were matched up (and Molly's talking head alluded to why they should be theoretically compatible), but they're not going to make it. Even their "jokes" in the beginning of the show can barely hide the fact that this marriage is DOA. If so, I'd LOVE for them to buck the trend and say they are done on Decision Day.

• Love 3

I didn't mind Ryan in the beginning, but now I don't care for him.  I'm sick of him talking about how many jobs he has.  He's selfish with all his hobbies and nights out with the boys.  He better watch his step as no woman will take his crap for too long.  He is so full of himself it's sickening already.  I hope Jaclyn gives him the heave ho.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I've never seen so much wine consumed daily as on this show.  Jaclyn & Molly, especially can really put it away day & night.  Can't they just have a cup of tea or coffee?

It's pretty impressive.  I suffer from ulcers and other gastrointestinal issues so wine is like poison to me.  I get nauseous just watching how much wine they all throw back in an episode.   I mean, Molly and Jon were drinking wine with DESSERT.  I don't think I've ever seen them enjoy a meal without it.

15 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Jephte explained that the plaque said Mr and Mrs Pierre. Shawniece wanted to change her name immediately and he told her to hold off and it hurt her feelings a little bit so him acknowledging her as Mrs Pierre was a big deal for her.

I know that it was a big deal to her and it was very sweet, but the SOBBING, it's too much!  She sobs at everything.  Happy, sad, excited, touched, scared, the girl is always sobbing.   And not just like a few tears, but full on shoulders heaving, hands covering her face wailing away.  It's just so over the top.  I can't imagine her sitting through a sad movie.  Girlfriend probably has stock in Kleenex.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 3

I can't stand Ryan. Maybe it's because I'm the kind who'd rather work as little as humanly possible to survive, but his type just grinds my gears. His whole identity seems to revolve around how much he works and how busy he is, and he definitely thinks it makes him a superior human, seeing as he can't stop bringing it up around jobless Jon. I get exhausted just hearing about his life with two full-time jobs, various hobbies and nights out with the boys. I wonder when's the last time he stopped to think about anything other than what to do next. I feel like getting a wife is just another item on his long-ass to-do list, and now that he's married, box ticked, who cares if he sees his wife more than a few hours a week. I don't think Jackie's expecting to be tied at the hip, just to have some time to actually get to know who she's married to. I suppose she already knows though, a workaholic who's not willing to compromise. Good luck to her!

I love Shawniece and Jephte. They're so cute together! I find Shawniece absolutely adorable, even with the sobbing, and I'm glad that Jephte's started to realise how good he's got it. Hopefully it'll last and the stupid producers won't manage to sabotage it for the sake of drama.

Molly is so confusing. She reminds me of Danielle from last season. Both keep talking the talk but make no attempt to walk the walk. I don't think anyone owes their stranger spouse sex, but considering these people are so desperate for a partner that they're willing to marry stranger, you'd think they'd want at least some kind of affection and intimacy. Saying you find your spouse attractive while treating them like a leper is just baffling to me. Having sex can physically make a woman fall in love because of the hormones it releases, so by not even trying they're basically just sabotaging any chance of a romantic spark. Makes the whole thing a massive waste of time. I just saw the same on the UK version, which is thankfully only four episodes. 

As for eating ice cream off the floor? Ewwww.

That whole phone assignment next episode is such BS and clearly a calculated attempt to cause drama. Most people wish to keep their phone private even if there's nothing incriminating there. I'm not sure if the point is to trust that your spouse won't go through your phone even if they have it, or to show you have nothing to hide. In any case it's crappy to tempt them with it and test their trust when there's no way of fully trusting someone you've only known for a few weeks.

• Love 3

The only thing Ryan wanted to add to his life was “sex on tap.” Having a wife who has actual needs and wants is just an unfortunate side effect of getting the regular sex. He Obviously thought his life was nearly perfect before marriage — hence his unwillingness to change anything about it for Jackie. 

• Love 2

Heads up!

Tonite's menu : Double patties of 2 new hour episodes and a slice of a new Unfiltered of this nothing burger show...

Strong, deep pour of your vino will be needed to sit through the  2.5 hours... the last 30 minutes of JamieO will end your night's viewing pleasure...

On March 12, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Gem 10 said:

I didn't mind Ryan in the beginning, but now I don't care for him.  I'm sick of him talking about how many jobs he has.  He's selfish with all his hobbies and nights out with the boys.  He better watch his step as no woman will take his crap for too long.  He is so full of himself it's sickening already.  I hope Jaclyn gives him the heave ho.

I wouldn't go so far to say that no woman will take his crap, just that Jaclyn will not.  Both of them want different things.  Ryan made Jaclyn feel that he wanted the same thing she wanted in a marriage, but he doesn't.  My friend and her husband used to watch TV together all the time, they'd see movies together, even if it was a movie the other person didn't want to see.    That would drive me crazy, but it was fine for them.  Some women marry commercial fishermen, who are often gone for weeks or months at a time.  Some make it work, some don't.  

I think Ryan misrepresented himself to Jaclyn.

• Love 1