Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Down By Law

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 3/4/2018 at 2:21 AM, Lyanna19 said:

I know he's a male and they get to do that...

Say what?

Gracious!  If I had a dollar for every woman I know who is as promiscuous as a sea snake, I'd buy myself a yacht!

@Netfoot yes but it's no excuse when either of the sexes do it. Take April over at Grey's Anatomy she's in a downward spiral right now, and frankly I'm more worried about her than I am about Connor. As a society we tend to think males can and do get away with it, we still look aghast at women when they do it.

And are sea snakes really promiscuous? Didn't know that, are there even real sea snakes? Lol

36 minutes ago, Lyanna19 said:

And are sea snakes really promiscuous? Didn't know that, are there even real sea snakes? Lol

There are sea snakes.  Whether they are promiscuous... or have sex at all, I couldn't say!  But it sounds good.  The local phrase for the behaviour of a promiscuous person would be "foop like a skeete" the etymology of which is not entirely clear.  "Foop" is commonly used locally as a slightly more polite version of another four-letter word beginning with F.  Why "skeete" I don't know. It is a fairly common local surname, and it is also the local term for a flatfish, more widely known as a flounder.  I didn't think that local phrase would resonate well in this forum.

Once upon a time, everyone expected all men to to be rakes and all women to be totally chaste.  But then, Queen Victoria died!  The highly promiscuous people I have known in my life have all been women.  (With the exception of Ralph, and Simon, two friends of mine.  And Simon subsequently found God...)

• Love 1
On 2/28/2018 at 10:52 AM, LittleIggy said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought the one night stand was not attractive.

I didn't find the married woman or the DA (?) that he was going to hook up with attractive at all.  Wasn't there some nurse that saw him parking his Porsche outside the hospital an episode or two ago?  I think I found her more attractive but can't remember.

Connor is supposed to be this rich hot-shot bad-ass CT surgeon.  You would be expecting him to lay down with 10s, not 6s.

What happened to the brunette DA on the now defunct Chicago Justice?  She used to show up for cases like this.  Are we to assume she is no more and now it's this less attractive woman?

Reese makes Nat almost likable.  So we just assume she had a concussion?  What was the ending of her bonk on the head?  Symptoms can last a while.  Did she even get a CT scan?

I love reading the other comments about ER, because the only thing in this episode that caught my attention (other than Red Halstead's beehive) was when Reese showed the patient the knife and all I could think was, "It's the knife that killed Lucy and made Benton run to fix Carter! Why did they need such a big knife to cut the cake?!?!?" I made the mistake of bingeing ER on Hulu - it really highlights how much this show is just kind of a joke. This episode was like the shadow of a fart of the worst episode of ER. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I love reading the other comments about ER, because the only thing in this episode that caught my attention (other than Red Halstead's beehive) was when Reese showed the patient the knife and all I could think was, "It's the knife that killed Lucy and made Benton run to fix Carter! Why did they need such a big knife to cut the cake?!?!?" I made the mistake of bingeing ER on Hulu - it really highlights how much this show is just kind of a joke. This episode was like the shadow of a fart of the worst episode of ER. 

That's my mistake too, on season 3 now on Hulu. Maybe the writers could get some hints, they have some good actors on CM but the writing is awful. It's fiction but be believable. That whole knife scene was the worst. You didn't have to have be in medical field to see that. My psychologist son said "what did you expect?" not liking the show, but still, I expect some rational thought. I love Oliver Platt and Brian Tee, they can get better writing.

Edited by debraran

I understand why Reese did the knife exposure -- exposure therapy had helped her so she was convinced that it was the right treatment for the husband.

My problem with it is that there were no consequences.  She was proved right, the husband didn't attack her, and unfortunately other than a scolding from Charles, there were no consequences to her professionally.  She's like a three year old who is out of control.

• Love 1

This last show fell short for me, first time I really felt I should have just gone to bed. No mention of last week's issue with Reese, at all. "I might write you up" equals nothing I guess. Other shows have had vaccination episodes but this fell flat for me, an excuse for Natalie to call someone stupid while yelling at them? How professional.

Reese's dad is a manipulative guy that Dr Charles is treating without seeing him? He's obviously a jerk and when Reese finds out Dr Charles knew him better after he tugs at her heart strings and he talked to him, fireworks will fly, she'll look less sleepy and that will be tied up by the following week. Why didn't the writers have Dr Charles ask him why a few hours before he said, "I should have written her, I only did twice" and then lie to her? It's still confidential but he can ask. I also don't think someone is a patient that you spoke to in a room, no paperwork, no chart, no appt made or did I miss that?

(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, candall said:

I've been watching ER on POPtv, every episode from the pilot.  Now I only have the last few eps left and I'm doling them out like precious little European chocolates.  Poor Chicago Med does not really stand up very well in comparison.

In fact, I had a bunch of Chicago Meds on my DVR and I found out it doesn't really make all that much difference if you watch them in order.  Except I saw "Reese With The Knife" and then I saw Reese lose her shit at the prison and then I watched Reese contradict Dr. Charles' testimony at his shooter's trial.  Okay, I'm a big Oliver Platt fan and I like how Dr. Charles is much less prone to rush into judgment than anyone else in that place, but COME ON!  Reese needs to go.

add me to the club--I'm in season 13 of ER and dreading being done even though it's past the best years of the series. I find myself choosing to watch an old ER over the latest Chicago Med

I was actually surprised based on previews that Dr. Manning didn't do something more crazy. Expected some procedure without consent, etc. By her standards, yelling at a parent for not getting vaccines was very tame.---edited to note I got my episodes mixed up but can you really tell "Manning breaks the law; Manny acts unprofessional" episodes apart?

Edited by RedbirdNelly
  • Love 3
On 2/28/2018 at 1:06 AM, Manda317 said:

That poor girl is going to have a hysterectomy just to be free of him. I really wish someone could have explained her options to be free of him so that hopefully she would reconsider the necessity of that. With her family history it would be different if she was doing solely as a preventative measure, but I think it had more to do with the marriage. It's so sad that a girl that young had to think about such things.

I did wonder what would happen to a girl like that...true, she would be divorced, but she's only 14. Chances are she couldn't go back to her dad, or he might try to marry her off to someone else (if she couldn't have her own babies, perhaps as a stepmother). She'd probably have to go into foster care.

(Gee, too bad this isn't Fire! Saint Gabby would take her in, amirite??)

53 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

I did wonder what would happen to a girl like that...true, she would be divorced, but she's only 14. Chances are she couldn't go back to her dad, or he might try to marry her off to someone else (if she couldn't have her own babies, perhaps as a stepmother). She'd probably have to go into foster care.

(Gee, too bad this isn't Fire! Saint Gabby would take her in, amirite??)

Please don't give them any ideas.

• Love 1
On 3/6/2018 at 10:41 PM, statsgirl said:

My problem with it is that there were no consequences.  She was proved right, the husband didn't attack her, and unfortunately other than a scolding from Charles, there were no consequences to her professionally.  She's like a three year old who is out of control.

Yet we did see quite a few people watching the entire scene unfold...no doubt Reese will be the talk of the hospital for a while. And of course, that talk will include "why were there no consequences."