Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

I'm like one of those people trying to learn another language, and they have to keep looking words up in the dictionary so it takes them a whole day to read one page... except my dictionary is Buffy/Angel/AoS/Dollhouse Wiki's.

TJ/stacey: I am going to find the friggin clue this time if it kills me. BEASTIES...

Edited by Drogo
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Not even during all of the DL talk, unless, as somebody pointed out, quoting Les Mis is an obscure clue about the clue. We got nuthin'.

We've got 3 clues to work with since yesterDay though, so hopefully toDay will be more fruitful. I'm going to have a closer look at both stories tomorrow.

(Reading about Skye, Fitz and Simmons crashing a plane into a building makes me oddly nostalgic for AoS season 1.)

• Love 2

I think I need a bloody Mary....

I am so glad Day came before I made a somewhat tasteless joke....

Did TM say anything about clues after D2?

TMunz barely said anything, let alone anything about clues.. That's kinda why we DL'd her. Well, at least, that's why I was in on it.  Some people on that DL had another reason to do so.

So let's look at the DLs.  Specifically the two voting blocs for the deceased, except for V.  The blocs in question in order by day are:

• Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox.
  • Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal

With a starting pool of 19, a team of 5 Villains sounds about right. That's close to the classic 3 to 1 ratio for a game.  And looking at both these lists, I see 5 names in common: Drogo, Spruce, egavasc, Dougal, and photo fox. 

But is this the Villain team?  Probably not all 5.  I'd expect them to be smarter than to all vote on the same side of the first 2 DLs.  But some of them likely are.

I do also have another suspect in mind, but I want to hold off on that one.  My current evidence is incomplete, so I need to wait to see if they do something else to add to it.  I'll admit it also could just be paranoia on my part, and I don't want to get a Hero DL'd because of that.  I will only say that they are one of the 11 people (other than Oinky and myself) that are listed above.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2

I normally don't comment if I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but since I'm on Bob's short list of suspects, I'm gonna have to speak up.

For the record, I am a hero, and I can vouch for one other person on Bob's list. (I'm not really at liberty to say who, or how I know to trust them, but I do.)

• Love 1

I hesitate to call it a list of suspects.  At this point, all it is is an observation.  An investigator could do something with this list, but I can't.  All I can do is watch gameplay and hunt for clues.

I do know that, mathematically, this occurrence (5 out of 19, then the same 5 out of 18 in two different sets of 9) is not an extreme on the bell curve.  It's just something I saw.   That's partially why I didn't start anything based on it.  But if a clue were found that matched up with someone on that list, I think we'd finally have something to go on.

Spruce, I can think of a few heroic reasons why you'd say that, so I'll file you in the "Trust" column for now.  It's a shorter list than the one above.  And I won't push you on the identity of other party.  At least, not right now.  The time may come when you'll need to reveal that info, but it's not yet.

• Love 1

I am having a sucky time with the clues :( but I also noted that TMunz failed to mention any clues or where they were, sigh.

I believe one of Bob's 5 is likely the double voter and that s/he is a villain. I also have a suspect in your pool Bob apart from the 5 in both DL's, I wonder if it is the same one?

I did manage to catch in story (call me Sherlock - not :p ) that the villains attempted but failed to kill Echo, WOOT! 

ETA My suspect is not based on a clue (gah); more on theirs and others gameplay, so I'm watching and waiting and watching some more.

• Love 2

It's too early yet, so my brain isn't firing on all cylinders ... however, I want to address this:

I'm with Spruce. I feel like Biz has gone hard against Athena in previous games on little to no evidence and been wrong, though I don't have time to look it up right now.

It is sort of easy to drop a bomb like that and then be too busy to back it up.  Of the five previous games I have played, I pegged her for a villain only once.  How did that get promoted to game(s)?  And how was I wrong in that game?  Didn't she turn out to be a villain?

I think it's kind of interesting that you are on the "list" ... and you switched your vote to kill a hero.  Hmmmm ...

Not accusing mind you ... just thinking out loud?

• Love 1

Nope. Not even during all of the DL talk, unless, as somebody pointed out, quoting Les Mis is an obscure clue about the clue. We got nuthin'.

Honestly JayKay, I don't think we have nothing ... I think it's very telling that a player that had knowledge of clues, would choose to do the DL that she did here:

6 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 4 to make a big mistake

7 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso, TMunz), 3 to maybe accomplish something

5 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox), 5 to end the silence

She had the choice of CP or Athena to join, she wasn't even going for majority ... it was neck and neck at this time.  She chose Athena.

And before everyone starts harping on me for bringing this out ... what do you have that is better?  We all know I am still after the killer that offed my sweet Buffy.

• Love 3

I normally don't comment if I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but since I'm on Bob's short list of suspects, I'm gonna have to speak up.

For the record, I am a hero, and I can vouch for one other person on Bob's list. (I'm not really at liberty to say who, or how I know to trust them, but I do.)

I'm in total agreement. And I'm not a villain, I just have bad judgement!

• Love 2

I don't know how to feel about Anonymous always ending the DL's I'm in.  And by always, I mean twice.  I imagine it's not helping me make friends in this game either.  FU, Anonymous. 

As far as any voting symmetry, I was the second to join the CP DL on Day 1 after Buffy started it.  I liked Oinky's play and I really liked the clue about being curious while parking.  I still liked it on D2, and I still like it today, but then the voting-out-noncontributors talk started.  I found it fishy that the most inactive player (by a landslide) was spared if the vote was based on participation.  

"Let's take out people who aren't adding anything!  No- not the one who hasn't posted in five days- this other one!"

You can see how that's a little suspicious.   So I left the CP DL and started one against TMunz.  We know now that TMunz was not a villain so it wasn't some conspiracy to protect her, but it definitely sounded like one yesterDay.  Also, on a personal tip, I tried to DL Athena in the last game and she didn't take it well and neither did all of you.  I think it was the only unsuccessful DL I was on.   

Also - a little strange that N1 there was only one death and N2 there were none, but so many attacks.  I'm still trying to get a feel for how the stories reflect what actually happened in-game, but it was hard enough when I actually knew something about what was going on in-game.  Does this story mean someone tried to kill Giles?  Or someone tried to kill Echo/Paul?  I guess at least 2 of those.  Any theories on this would be appreciated.  

• Love 1

I'm in total agreement. And I'm not a villain, I just have bad judgement!

And despite that judgement, you're still adorable. :)

Right now, I'm thinking that Athena is the front-runner for the next DL, and unless we hear a compelling argument otherwise, I figure that's who we should be targeting.

• Love 4

The real world is super kicking my butt this week. I'm blaming that and my rustiness at actual game play for my terrible judgement in votes cause I am definitely a hero. I'm totally up for taking Athena out. Fool me once but never twice.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure from that last story that someone made an attempt on Echo.  I'm not sure who -- random staggering near-corpse is what it sounds like -- but that's what it appears happened.  So far as CP goes, I don't know if we have an investigator who can tell alignments, or just names, but ISTM that digging into CP and / or Athena would be a wise thing to do.

• Love 4

And despite that judgement, you're still adorable. :)

Right now, I'm thinking that Athena is the front-runner for the next DL, and unless we hear a compelling argument otherwise, I figure that's who we should be targeting.

I'm down for whatever.  Clearly my Spideysenses have been off. 

Though I would also like to talk about some of the possible clues in these 1,000 word stories.

• Love 1

I am in a work meeting with 20 people, but need to post again to show you people, I'm serious. I'm a hero! Innocent until proven guilty and what not. What evidence is against me? I'm all alone. :(

• Love 3

Hey gang! Just letting you all know that I'm "here" but I'm insanely busy for the next day and a half, we've got a trial on the 6th and just wrapped up one that ended at 1am on Friday so I'm going to try my best to check in as often as possible but if you see less of me than normal that's why. 

• Love 4

I'm with Drogo. After two DL'd heroes, I am in no rush to DL without at least looking for clues first. We have until Wednesday night. And that Anon voter is making me want to be extra sure before I join a DL.

Speaking of, I'd have to reread to be certain because I was a little confused about it at the time, but wasn't Ballard shot by Whiskey and then shot Cordelia yesterDay as well? Anon closed both votes. Does that mean they're villainous or is it a coincidence? Or did I just misread somewhere...

• Love 3

Clues? We need clues?  This just jumped out at me .... why didn't I see this before?

Night 2: 

She seems to think she actually IS a god.

Athena IS a god ... quinkydink?

I know we are all expecting TJ & Stacey’s clues to be notoriously difficult and cryptic ... however, they know that we know that, so it wouldn’t be very surprising if they decided to double bluff us and throw out a simpler one, assuming we will either #1 take no notice or #2 dismiss it?

• Love 3

When is our48 hours up? I'm in bed with a heating pad AND an ice pack for another freaking migraine. I also have a cookie baking date this afternoon that I'd prefer to not have to cancel.

I've got to get to the bottom of these headaches....

• Love 2

Glory is a god, though. 

The possible clue that jumped out at me last Night was Lilah pulling out a lovely Oregon vintage -- Pinot, Portland, Portlandia, Fred Armisen??

• Love 2

If you're thinking of me, sorry, wrong Portland :)

I find myself wishing that we had gotten one more vote for Athena, just to see if ANONYMOUS (who has jumped in to complete 2 votes against heroes so far) would have joined.

• Love 6

If you're thinking of me, sorry, wrong Portland :)

I find myself wishing that we had gotten one more vote for Athena, just to see if ANONYMOUS (who has jumped in to complete 2 votes against heroes so far) would have joined.

I was thinking the same since it's been the last vote both times... Is it that when one vote is left to DL the Mods insert an Anonymous?  Or is a player controlling it? 

• Love 2

So here is my thought process ... just because we have 48 hours to discuss ... doesn't mean we have to take 48 hours to DL someone.  

To me, the only people that stand to benefit from waiting are villains ... and twice so far, both days have been extended because of indecision ... this has given the villains more of an advantage each of those days.

Glory is a god, though. 

Good try JayKay ... that isn't what the story said ... so now it is even more suspicious.

• Love 1

I'm just going to keep throwing out possible clues in case someone can make something of them...

From the Night story:

Cordelia choked out, “Blood stains and bullet holes on my new jacket! What kind of...neanderthal would be so rude...Do you have...any idea of the...dry cleaning bill I'm loo…”

Neanderthal seems a little random. And then "loo..." either loo like bathroom, or is there something in the negative space? I.e., the rest of the word "king"??

• Love 2

Does anyone find this interesting ... here are all the titles to the stories so far:

Day 1: Reconnaissance, Part 1
Crossing the Sunnydale City Limit

Night 1: Reconnaissance, Part 2
Inside the L.A. Dollhouse

Day 2: Revelations
The Magic Box

Night 2: Reckonings
Sunnydale General Hospital

Day Three - Incursion
Outside Sunnydale

Notice Day Three ... the first time a number has been spelled out?

ETA:  Also ... the "R" words and then the change to an "I" word?

• Love 1

Well, the only player with 3 words in his name is The Crazed Spruce (no one has the number as part of their name).  And there is also no one whose handle begins with either an R or I.

• Love 2

To me, the only people that stand to benefit from waiting are villains ... and twice so far, both days have been extended because of indecision ... this has given the villains more of an advantage each of those days.

How do the villains benefit if the day is dragged out? Not trying to be suspicious, I just don't see how it benefits them to have stuff take longer.

• Love 3

How do the villains benefit if the day is dragged out? Not trying to be suspicious, I just don't see how it benefits them to have stuff take longer.

If a vote is happening and it's split ... and the day comes to a close ... that means no DL for that day.  Since villains can kill at night, and they know who the heroes are, the odds are stacked in their favor that they can get a kill in.  

Twice, the vote has been split and there has been an extension ... once was CP (who I believe is hero) and once was TMunz, hero.  So they got two chances because of extended days.

Just saying.  

• Love 2

I'm with Spruce. I feel like Biz has gone hard against Athena in previous games on little to no evidence and been wrong, though I don't have time to look it up right now.

It is sort of easy to drop a bomb like that and then be too busy to back it up.  Of the five previous games I have played, I pegged her for a villain only once.  How did that get promoted to game(s)?  And how was I wrong in that game?  Didn't she turn out to be a villain?

Okay, I went back and spent some quality time with the advanced search tool. Let's go through each game that's been on the site.

1. TJ's canceled-shows game. Neither BizBuzz nor Athena played.

2. The mod formerly known as jessied112's Vampire Diaries/Supernatural game. BizBuzz went after Athena this time, with her initial clue being that there's one story that the goddess Athena brought the olive tree to the Greeks, and there was a mention of wood or something in the story. Okay. We didn't get a clues recap that round so I don't know if that was actually the clue, but I'm pretty skeptical.

Athena did end up being a villain-recruited-to-be-a-hero in that game (which, by the way, that was weird, I don't know how that worked), but I'm not convinced that Biz had any real evidence for thinking so.

3. Mark/Lisin's DC game. Both Biz and Athena were heroes. This happened, where "you" is Athena:

However, if I am right, and if you and Bob are partners that means you are both villains (which I have long suspected).  What I couldn't decide was whether Bob was the SK or a villain but you just confirmed his villain status, so thanks for that.

I don't believe for one moment that you are a hero Athena.

This time was because Biz was part of a mason pair, and Athena was as well, and Biz picked up on Athena and Bob being able to talk to each other and assumed that was because they were both villains. So this was actually a reasonable conclusion to draw based on assuming there would only be one mason pair – I didn't remember that nuance from the first time, so I just remembered it as an accusation that ended up being wrong, but in retrospect it was pretty reasonable.

4. Then-jessie's Community LOL-ish round. BizBuzz was killed early.

5. caprevasc's Mad Men round. Biz and Athena were both villains.

6. egavasc/Silver's GoT round. Biz was Littlefinger, Athena was Arya:

I am not on board with the Athena clue, and I am going to hold off on my other suspicions for the moment, however, I can get on board with the other DL.

Something is gnawing at me.  I kept feeling Athena's responses of the possibility to being DL'd were villainous because they were harsh.  I had to stop and think who could sound that threatening and still be a hero?

I actually took every response that Athena has offered during game play to see if I could come up with something that is in character.  But I kept looking for things that would associate her to being a villain, not a hero.

Switching my thought process that she could be a hero made me think a little differently.  And now, I am leaning towards her being a hero based on something she said about a list.

So, not going after her at all.

7. Now. BizBuzz says "let's kill the people who haven't posted much" and then starts a DL on the person who's posted relatively little but by no means the least, who I remember her going against in the past with seemingly little evidence.

So, it seemed like a pattern to me. Looking back, though, she was right once but I'm not convinced for the right reasons, and wrong once for decent reasons – so it's not like it's that telling a pattern.

• Love 3

If a vote is happening and it's split ... and the day comes to a close ... that means no DL for that day.  Since villains can kill at night, and they know who the heroes are, the odds are stacked in their favor that they can get a kill in.

Yeah, if there's no DL it's okay for the villains. It's much better for them if we rush into a DL of a hero. (...oops) Best case for us is taking enough time to figure out who the villains are and getting them. :)

Glory is a god, though.

Good try JayKay ... that isn't what the story said ... so now it is even more suspicious.

What did you mean here? Was quoting Jesse and saying JayKay intentional, or did you mean to say Jesse, or did you mean to reply to JayKay?

I think Boyd saying that Glory thinks she's a god is just that Boyd doesn't believe she actually is, because the Dollhouse universe doesn't have gods walking on earth (right?), even though we Buffy watchers know that she actually is one.

• Love 3

Okay, I've had the chance to reread and Whiskey shot both Ballard and Cordelia (with a silenced gun). Anon closed both votes. Either it's just a coincidence or the stories are telling us something.

I don't see extensions as a bad thing. But maybe I'm not playing an aggressive enough game. And if we can quickly dispose of a villain, I'm cool with that, too.

And call me hungry, but Cordelia's "I CANNOT get a break" comment makes me think of the Kit Kat bar song. But I haven't had lunch, so.

• Love 4

What did you mean here? Was quoting Jesse and saying JayKay intentional, or did you mean to say Jesse, or did you mean to reply to JayKay?

I think Boyd saying that Glory thinks she's a god is just that Boyd doesn't believe she actually is, because the Dollhouse universe doesn't have gods walking on earth (right?), even though we Buffy watchers know that she actually is one.

Ooops ... my apologies to JayKay ... no, that was meant for Jesse ... I posted that while in the middle of working (bad Biz) and got them confused for just a moment.  No intended game play in that error.

The rest?  I have to set with for a bit and come back.

• Love 1

Oh yeah, I meant to come back to that -- thanks, Dougal.

Ooops ... my apologies to JayKay ... no, that was meant for Jesse ... I posted that while in the middle of working (bad Biz) and got them confused for just a moment.  No intended game play in that error.

The rest?  I have to set with for a bit and come back.

I basically agree with what Dougal said -- Boyd says Glory thinks she's a god, and she actually is one.

What's suspicious about that sequence? I basically figure that if a character says something the character would be likely to say, it's not likely to be a clue. I could be wrong, obviously!  But when Boyd hears that Glory says she's a god, it's fair for Boyd to think she's nuts.

• Love 2

Based on reading all of the above, I am going to take notice of my gut instinct. If Athena is DL'd, best case scenario she is a villain, worst case scenario she is a heroic silent player. Yet again all we have heard from her is a defensive post which offers excuses, no insights, no suspicions, no thoughts of any kind merely repetition of "I'm a hero". I have noted 1 or 2 players question others 'claims' with "they could be lying", yet these same players have thus far to offer the same argument against Athena claiming heroism, in fact these players seem very anti wanting to DL her, seemingly using delaying or misdirection tactics. The fact that mr or ms anonymous jumped in to finish the lynch against TMunz sways me even more toward feeling 'There's Something About Mary Athena', that just doesn't sit right. I hope people will take notice of me here because I truly believe it would be for the benefit of all in the long run. I am not comfortable with the implied accusation of 'why wasn't TMunz picked right away as the quietest player', this to me is another misdirect; given that Biz explained quite succinctly why she picked Athena and I for one believe her. Many of us agreed DL'ing the silent players was a good idea, from conception it was clear that there were 2 players who fit that bill best and BOTH needed to be cut loose, so what are we waiting for??

Silent players are NOT helpful to heroes, they offer no assistance to us, they are in fact a hinderance (see MarkHB's post) because they are dead weight around our necks causing the total for a DL to be higher whilst adding zero benefits, the villains aren't going to go after them, they will go after players who are actively seeking to root them out. I for one, do not want to die before someone who has done nothing to help the heroes win. Like I said before, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem and silent players are a problem. I also happen to think that this silent lady is no hero and if I am right, it's a double bonus.

1 to DL Athena (Silverstormm) 8 to send a message

• Love 2

I agree with all the reasoning above. I am still insanely busy so I didn't want to get shut out, and in doing more research I can confirm that I was wrong to start a DL on CP and I want to say I'm sorry for that! 

4 to DL Athena (Silverstormm, Dougal, BizBuzz, Lisin); 5 to avenge my fallen friends

• Love 3

WHY will we be sorry, though? I trust a couple of people based on gameplay and one of them is voting, so:

5 to DL Athena (Silverstormm, Dougal, BizBuzz, Lisin, JayKay) 4 to bring the truth to light

• Love 2

You'll all be sorry. :(

LOL Athena, you told me the exact same thing in the last game; I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now.  Trust no one. ;)

5 to DL Athena (Silverstormm, Dougal, BizBuzz, Lisin, JayKay, Drogo) 4 to sharpen the wooden stakes

LOL Athena, you told me the exact same thing in the last game; I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now.  Trust no one. ;)

5 to DL Athena (Silverstormm, Dougal, BizBuzz, Lisin, JayKay, Drogo) 4 to sharpen the wooden stakes

Good try Drogo...

::giggle::

Please check your numbers?

• Love 1

Willamette Valley -- Will? WV? West Virginia? Mountain Momma??

Jesse wins the day.  This is exactly what I needed in my amoxicillin coma. 

6 to DL Athena (Silverstormm, Dougal, BizBuzz, Lisin, JayKay, Drogo) 3 to sharpen the wooden stakes

Forgive me, friends, I have strep all over my throat and ears and I'm only on my first dose.  :(  

*No wonder my Spideysense was off!!

• Love 3

All right.  I am onboard with the Athena DL this round but I would like to point out something I just found. 

If I'm right, I'll be so proud of myself! (hee).

Day 2:  bit sharp with her praise

We discussed this a little bit and most people said sharp reminded them of cheese.  Sharp reminded me of a musical note and with the help of Google, I found this.

This makes me question caprice.  I wanted to get this out there in case the lynch closed before I get home from work.

Edited by Guest
Spelling is good!

All right.  I am onboard with the Athena DL this round but I would like to point out something I just found. 

If I'm right, I'll be so proud of myself! (hee).

Day 2:  bit sharp with her praise

We discussed this a little bit and most people said sharp reminded them of cheese.  Sharp reminded me of a musical note and with the help of Google, I found this.

This makes me question caprice.  I wanted to get this out there in case the lynch closed before I get home from work.

That is a good clue CP ... however, that doesn't help us at this moment ... 

::giggle::

You said you are on board with the Athena DL ... and then ... 

?

• Love 1