Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: The Honeymoons, Part 2

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I have a question: when is unfiltered on? Can I watch online?
I'm just catching up with this show because I didn't know it was on. I have my DVR set to record New episodes only. But they kept running these stupid recap shows and the First Year shows as "new" so I finally just had to delete the series recording. I also missed Season 5. I watched Season 5 on Lifetime, it was great- I watched the whole season in about 2 hours. I watched these episodes only: Weddings, Honeymoon Part 2, Moving In, Decision Day. Really that is ALL you need there is so much fucking filler.

When I saw Jephte and Shawneice I said: Here is Our Token Black Trainwreck Couple

I still cannot handle the experts saying basic things as if they are so so so Ground Breaking and eye opening. ."A Marriage is a committment, these people are not just Dating but they are MARRIED!!". "A honeymoon is a time for romance and relaxation"...."The wedding night is a time of great expectations"..."A wedding is a time for families to celebrate"  Oh jesus REALLY? I did not know that!?!?

I wish the participants realized that they ARE absolutely married and that they have made a serious commitment 

• Love 2

I still cannot handle the experts saying basic things as if they are so so so Ground Breaking and eye opening. ."A Marriage is a committment, these people are not just Dating but they are MARRIED!!". "A honeymoon is a time for romance and relaxation"...."The wedding night is a time of great expectations"..."A wedding is a time for families to celebrate"  Oh jesus REALLY? I did not know that!?!?

Every time the experts say something like that, I want to reply..."Thank you, Captain Obvious...what would I do if you did not explain what a honeymoon is for?"

• Love 4
On 2/1/2018 at 5:08 PM, Neurochick said:

I think the problem with the "experts" is they're using marriage as a form of therapy.  Pastor Calvin told Jepthe that Shawnice is who he needs, even though she might not be who he wants.  That may be true, but you don't get married to deal with your issues

That is a great way of putting it.  I agree, they are always saying things like her whatever will balance out his whatever.

• Love 3
On February 5, 2018 at 10:18 AM, calpurnia99 said:

I have a question: when is unfiltered on? Can I watch online?
I'm just catching up with this show because I didn't know it was on. I have my DVR set to record New episodes only. But they kept running these stupid recap shows and the First Year shows as "new" so I finally just had to delete the series recording. I also missed Season 5. I watched Season 5 on Lifetime, it was great- I watched the whole season in about 2 hours. I watched these episodes only: Weddings, Honeymoon Part 2, Moving In, Decision Day. Really that is ALL you need there is so much fucking filler.

When I saw Jephte and Shawneice I said: Here is Our Token Black Trainwreck Couple

"Unfiltered" is on right before the weekly episode for 30 minutes.  Here, Eastern time, it is on 8:30 .. The show follows at 9:00.  I tape both as I have to watch them twice to catch everything.

Jephte and Shawneice SMH Really why did Jephte want to be married if he had so many hang-ups,  and what is that all about him always saying don't touch me. He is full of it, he does not seem to to be into her and using all other off the wall mess to not be close.

I feel for Shawneice and I get, she should cut her losses because he is a jerk.

Edited by TV Queen
spelling
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 2/1/2018 at 7:42 PM, gonecrackers said:

Just finished this episode; been keeping up with the board but apologies for any repeat snark...

Totally agree with the poster above who said Jacklyn is on the rebound. Ryan is a nuisance to humanity; thankfully he's a fire fighter & gives back something for all the annoyance he provides. 

Jephte has too much learning to do about himself, as he stated, to be on this show or in this 'experiment'.  Shawniece is going to get worn down trying so hard to grow on him.

Jephte isn't used to having someone in his space, but he had a roommate, soooo...

(from Unfiltered) Shawniece, for crap's sake why couldn't you stop yacking so much so he could enjoy his free vacay; it's not like you're his wife or something... geesh.

"Experts" matching someone with a cat allergy to a cat owner - this is either typical "experts" creating drama, or Molly is lying & using Dawn as an excuse to not sleep with her 'Jon the man child'.

Feeling sorry for Jon, who has really grown on me. Maybe Masked Molly expected to be the high energy lead, but he not only met her match, he's surpassed her. She's just freakin' intimidated.

Jon's on vacation & just getting used to cameras - & Molly - so she could've given the guy a break. Would've been interesting if he told Jessica he didn't realize he'd be married to a 70 yo with a lifetime supply of pancake makeup. I'm sure the mud issue was really that it stripped off a few facial layers. They went back to the hotel quickly so she could do some fresh spackling.

Feeling most sorry for Dawn the Kitty, who is no doubt cuddlier than Molly.

LOL!!!!  I've never read a more apt description of a person.   If the guy were a ringtone, he'd be *mosquito*.

Thank you.  I'm mad no one pointed this out.

On 2/2/2018 at 9:31 AM, Empress1 said:

Did Jephte and Shawniece specify that they wanted Black partners? Did Jon specify that he wanted a white partner? I agree, Shawniece and Jon would at the VERY least have had a ball on vacation. They'd have gone all-in on the activities. I can picture Jon just bolting up those waterfalls and Shawniece laughing behind him. Jon probably wouldn't have to wait long for sex with Shawniece either. I don't know if they're long-term suited, but they're definitely a better match than her and Jephte. Jephte shouldn't be matched with anyone.

And I am HERE with you on "you don't use a relationship to fix your shit." It's not Shawniece's job to bring Jephte out of his shell or whatever the hell. What's in it for Shawniece? She does all this work on a man who clearly doesn't want her - for what? So he makes a better partner for the next person? That's what a therapist is for, not a spouse. It was the same with Sam and Neil, which was why I was so glad he dumped her. Why should Neil have to give Sam basic "how not to be a bully" lessons? What's in it for him? Deal with your issues on your own time and then come to a partner whole.

Not that this team of quacks give any consideration to what's noted but, I think this is less from what may have been outrightly expressed than from other more subtle cues.  As we now know, Jon's fantasy woman is a redhead.  Applying my 10th grade algebra, we can conclude that though this doesn't exclude women of color, it seems to indicate a strong preference for white women.   I don't think the show wants to really delve into this sort of difference.  I mean the premise of the experiment is to work out comprises about those areas that can be changed if you're willing to - for the right partner per se.   If they try interracial couples, it fucks up the control.  We don't know if they're incompatible because the inherent differences in this kinda match are too much to overcome or because one can't stand the others' snores.    

This needs to be on something.  A bumper sticker, a hoodie, I don't really care what.  You gone call the USPTO or you want me to do it? (I'll cut you in). 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:12 PM, ramble said:

I oddly feel the need to defend Molly. I’m 98% convinced that the 12yo boy discussion with the “expert” was set up before hand and they played it out like they do on this show. I don’t know if she’s adventurous and outgoing or not but I definitely don’t think we’re getting much of her personality when she’s on camera. I have a feeling she’s strongly editing herself. For Jon to seemingly be so into her she’s either different off camera, he’s only attracted to her looks, he’s desperate to be married no matter what, or he’s a darn good actor.

Jephte. Just no. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and even made a comment about Shawneice  needing to read the room and not push him. But nope. Over it. His remark about “get out of the bed bro” accompanied by the shove was enough to make me want to reach through the TV and smack him. Hard. There’s a difference between not being into somebody, and not being into somebody and making it obvious with your rude manner and nasty comments. I’d like for them to give Shawniece a do over with a guy at least willing to try. 

Ryan’s obnoxious ugly American bit wasn’t funny, wasn’t cute, and wasn’t something I want to see again. He’s becoming annoying enough that I want to ignore him but it’s hard to because he so annoying. Jackie seems sweet and earnest but I’m with y’all that she may have not fully grieved. I give her props for not rolling her eyes and yelling stop when Ryan recited his overly rehearsed vows again like they were beautiful drops of verbal love. Ugh. 

ETA: The idea of matching a person with cat allergies with someone highly attached to their cat makes me stupid angry. I can’t be in a room with a cat for more than 15 minutes without my eyes starting to swell, my skin itching and my throat feeling funny. I’ve tried the shots for several years and they did nothing. Allergy medicine doesn’t do anything either. It’s not a choice for me. Expecting Jon to choose between cat and wife smells like intentional drama to me. Idiot “experts.”  

Yeaaaaah, I don't think it's a bit. 

I can't breathe!  LMAOOOOO!! 

On 2/3/2018 at 6:41 PM, ralph said:

Interesting that I'm not the only one who sees the Shawneice/Jon connection. I'm not saying they'd make a perfect couple or anything, but their personalities in their simplest forms are super conpatiable. They could great friends or at least have tons of fun together.

I think Ryan's a David or a Nick. He seems super nice but there's something not so nice lurking underneath. I'm not saying he's a terrible person, just that what's on the outside is SUPER NICE and makes you forget that he either has the same flaws we all do, or secrets he's hiding. His dickish side showed with making fun of Jon and not having a job.

I didn't like Molly pegging Jon as a man child, which surprised me because I initially disliked him (he seems so fratboy-ish, the kind of guys i hated), but he's on vacation, doing fun things, he's excited. Cut him some slack. He's staring to grow on me. He seems genuinely nice.

I actually thought the Shawneice/Jepthe bedroom interaction was kinda cute, but wow, he didn't want her near him. That wouldn't have been the case if he was even remotely interested in her. Him ein super awkward and shy with Shawniece makes me see him as more of a manchild than Jon could ever be.

Did anyone else make sex jokes in their heads when Jackie was talking about letting Ryan see her "pink room" and letting him  see her "secret space"

Ok look, ya'll keep mulberrying, I'm just gone say it and go.   He's Julia Roberts' husband from Sleeping With the Enemy.   I was trying hard to identify what makes him equal parts smarm, creep and just all around yuk.  Here's where I landed:   He opens his mouth in an O like you know who whenever he goes to kiss Jackie.   I don't care if your breath is mentos fresh, if I see the underside of your lips before they reach me, we're done.  That day.  That's A.   B. When he touches her it's....how do I put this....he thinks he's being all gentle and caress-y but he's touching her like "me, man.  this my wo-man" he (grabs is the wrong word) holds her chin toward him or puts his hand on her neck possessively.   I can't stand it.  C.  The talking.  Sweet Baby Jesus at Christmastime, the talking.  It's incessant.   When she leaves him, the worst part is he's not even gonna know that Ritalin can fix this for his next wife.   How can one grown up have this much fucking verbal energy?  Your friends say you talk too much.  Your mama says (to your wife) he might talk too damn much, make sure you get heard.   Bruh.  You talk too much.   D.  D is really why she needs to bounce.   She's not ready but, I contend that if she were on the cusp of readiness, in the proper hands, with the right dude, she could get there.   He's insensitive and immature and has managed to somehow be intimated by Nick's memory and he wants her to bury her feelings right along side him.  It's gross.  He's gross.    I also hate that there's no word that properly describes/respects her grief, like widow.   He's not an ex, they didn't break up, he died.   

On 2/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, escatefromny said:

On one hand, Jephte seems exceedingly polite and well mannered.  (The way he introduced himself to Shawniece’s Family at the wedding before the ceremony, how he treated them at the brunch and how he treated the staff at the hotel) but his inability to at least be polite and cordial to his “wife” - and act like an adult - is not a good look at all.  Maybe too much time around young kids because that is just how he is acting.

^ YES.   And the reason I haven't been as hard on him as I maybe should be is:  

On 2/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, Nic2571 said:

Jephte lost interest in Shawniece at the wedding when she had the potty mouth and the lap dance (not judging, Be u) but I wish he would admit that. Without admitting that he looks like a donkey on tv.

ding ding ding ding and ding damn ding.    I am judging.  If you're near or beyond 30 and don't know that your wedding day, which coincides with the first time you meet your husband and his parents might not be the appropriate time for this, you gets a hard sideye.    After the wedding, she said something to him when they were out on the balcony that made me embarrassed for him because it was clear he was trying to maintain some semblance of dignity in front of the cameras at least.   That's not to say he was without his faults.  At all.   I hated how rude and dismissive he was to her.  How cavalier and immature he was when she fell off the (surfboard?) and his combative, youngster, get the last word in nature when she was only trying to tell him how he made her feel.   He's a dick for all those.   But his reticence about physically being close to her didn't bother me at all.  This is the wrong show for him to be on but I agree with him that you can build warmth and kinship right away but intimacy, even if it's fast, is still organic.  If it and he was just about the get down?  Man please, he could've knocked her off on the first night and kept it pressing because it didn't matter.     

On 2/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, humbleopinion said:

Jackie is a proud Patriots fan...remember the word she spelled in the sand...in the guessing game Ryan said was corny...hope her marriage is going better than her team played today.

Correct my memory if it's raggedy.   I thought it was Ryan who's the Patriots fan.   When she was drawing in the sand she said it's a category you like - sports.   Then he said a word that began with a P and she got all excitedly cute and said no but it does start with a P!    btw, if you like dressing up and playing hide go seek in the woods with crayola pellets, you bet not fix your mouth to call my sand game stupid. 

Molly's a dud.  I don't think this is as simple as it looks.  I'm late watching and my firestick cuts it off early in the season but I think something happened to her.   While I'm throwing around opinions, add me to the group that cats have decided they don't like.   From experience, I'm Team Dog all day.  That being said, if I'm home and I see you try it, you will not be permitted to put a bag - like a shopping bag from the grocery store - that has been outside - down on my kitchen counter.    There is no way in hell I'd be attracted to a man who told me he and his cat/dog sleep in the same bed.  Aside from that, Jon seems like a genuine and sweet man, Molly if you don't want him put him back in general population, he'll be married in a year.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
because: pronouns
  • Love 6