Type keyword(s) to search

Continuity, Nitpicks, Unanswered Questions and Timeline Headaches: When Did That Honeycrisp Apple Come From

• Start Topic

Isn't it weird that Emma, Snow and Charming showed up at the timeline right after Hook shot Belle and Greg drove in? Not just them, but the paramedics too. Maybe Archie told them about the shawl and they put two-and-two together, but... awfully convenient timing.

Also love how Greg has Tamara on his phone as "Her", LOL. A&E love to make everything mysteriously pretentious.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I was watching "The Bear King" last night (seriously not joking), and while overall, the episode was okay, there were some weird contradictions and questions which arose because the worldbuilding was so shoddy.

Mulan for example was ridiculed for being a female fighter and completely not respected in Dun'brock.  Yet who would hire her as a debt collector "working for the highest bidder"?  What exactly was she amassing wealth for when half their realm had been ripped away to Storybrooke?  How did King Fergus hear of her?  

How could King Arthur have been looking of the helmet when the Witch pulled it out of the Cauldron a few weeks before and no one had heard of it?  And why do the Cauldrons always conveniently brew whatever potion is needed, whether it was Mulan changing Ruby back into a human, or Dark Hook needing it for a Dark Curse?  

Why could Zelena poof her and Arthur away while "drugged" with a sleeping powder, yet she couldn't wave her hand and fling the heroes away from restraining her?  

Why didn't Merida's mother become Queen?  Why weren't the heads of the other clans fit to become King, like that muscle guy?  Since clearly, he was already there fighting for King Fergus so he had more experience than Merida.  

If the Witch of Dun'bruck was such a do-gooder, why was she enslaving Ruby in her hut?  What was the "price" of that ale to summon the Dead?

How was it a good idea to end the episode with Merida vowing revenge on Arthur when that came to nothing?  Was it just to insert a scene the next episode showing Merida en route to Camelot when the Dark Curse hit?

Edited by Camera One

How was it a good idea to end the episode with Merida vowing revenge on Arthur when that came to nothing?

There were scenes with Merida and the Camelot crew that were filmed for the finale episode and cut, so it's harder to blame them for it coming to nothing other than to get upset with poor story/time management. I just assume it happened offscreen and/or hasn't happened yet (I think it depends on the whims of the writers in 5B whether Camelot ever gets closure). I know Amy was all excited on Twitter about whatever Merida's role was in the finale and then she never even appeared. I'll take the random wtf-ery of it all since they didn't cut stuff from the finale to wrap up the unimportant secondary characters' stories at the expense of the regulars.

Edited by KAOS Agent

Regardless of those deleted scenes, it's one of many examples of cliffhangers/final scenes in episodes, that became irrelevant, ignored or unimportant by the next episode and in the wider scheme of the overall arc.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
Why didn't Merida's mother become Queen?

That's actually something that makes sense. The widow of the King wouldn't become the ruling queen. She wouldn't be his heir. She'd just be the dowager queen or queen mother while her child would rule. There have been some exceptions in history, like Catherine the Great in Russia, who was the tsar's wife but became the ruler herself, but that was a coup that was supported by the people in power. Regina's the one whose situation is wrong. As the widow of the king, she wouldn't have become the next ruler. Snow should have become queen upon her father's death, and she'd be the rightful queen whether or not she was ever crowned. In taking the throne for herself, Regina was a usurper.

That's actually something that makes sense. The widow of the King wouldn't become the ruling queen. She wouldn't be his heir. She'd just be the dowager queen or queen mother while her child would rule. There have been some exceptions in history, like Catherine the Great in Russia, who was the tsar's wife but became the ruler herself, but that was a coup that was supported by the people in power. Regina's the one whose situation is wrong. As the widow of the king, she wouldn't have become the next ruler. Snow should have become queen upon her father's death, and she'd be the rightful queen whether or not she was ever crowned. In taking the throne for herself, Regina was a usurper.

In the movie "Brave", Merida's mother is actually the Queen.  She seems more the ruler than the husband.

I was watching "The Bear King" last night (seriously not joking), and while overall, the episode was okay, there were some weird contradictions and questions which arose because the worldbuilding was so shoddy.

Mulan for example was ridiculed for being a female fighter and completely not respected in Dun'brock.  Yet who would hire her as a debt collector "working for the highest bidder"?  What exactly was she amassing wealth for when half their realm had been ripped away to Storybrooke?  How did King Fergus hear of her?

I think I need a timeline reference. Regina was already Evil Queen when Belle quit her housekeeper job and introduced Mulan to Philip, so I'm guessing Snow and Charming were somewhere out there. I haven't watched 4B before Poor Unfortunate Soul, so if there were any indications about whether Philip was a yaoguai yet when Lily was laid, I don't know. I also haven't watched 5A before Nimue, so if Camelot was under Coradome, I'm also unsure. But I'm guessing:

1. After distinguishing herself on the field of battle against the huns, Mulan got a royal recommendation from her Emperor to be sent to instruct Princess Merida of the Grim, Bearded, Stinking Barbarians who fight with sharpened sticks. Let's say it was a diplomatic ties thing.

2. Mulan takes the scenic route home and hears that a migrating yaoguai has been bothering the white people. Belle turns the yaoguai into a prince with fairy dust. (Then Belle gets recaptured by Regina, fake-rescued and opposite-rescued by Hook, and whisked away to the Storybrooke asylum.)

3. Mulan and Philip get stuck in Coradome on the way to Princess Aurora, Mulan becomes second in command to Lancelot. Or should that be Coralot? Lancora?

4. The curse breaks, Mulan meets Nealfire, decides to join the Merry Men.

5. Merry Men give Mulan a reference to someone in need of a debt collector. As the post-curse economy of the Enchanted forest is in the pits, she isn't saving for anything: It really does take a whole bag or casket of gold to buy one good meal at a tavern, so forget saving up for a ship back to the Empire when there's been an embargo anyway so none of her letters in Another Language have been delivered to Mulan's army buddies or family. (If her grandmother, old dad, or emperor are even still alive after almost 30 years. Big if. Sniff.)

6. Mulan encounters her old student Merida again.

How could King Arthur have been looking of the helmet when the Witch pulled it out of the Cauldron a few weeks before and no one had heard of it?

Whenever Zelena was with Arthur, that had to have been after Nimue. Still, now I'm thinking that the helm couldn't have been in Fergus' hands while Mulan was there, if we take my timeline above when this was before Mulan even met Philip. 

It might make more sense, though, if Mulan was already living with Philip and Aurora when they decided to make the diplomatic gesture of sending their best military person to tutor a princess of another territory. So, that would have to have been before Mulan joined the Merry Men, after the curse break.

As for knowing about the helm at all, uhh...magic mirror? Gauntlet?

And why do the Cauldrons always conveniently brew whatever potion is needed, whether it was Mulan changing Ruby back into a human, or Dark Hook needing it for a Dark Curse?

Maybe the Dun'brock witch had the unwerewolfing potion brewing out there the whole time. In the movie, she even left a voice mail cauldron.

The Dark Curse cauldron at Granny's was super shady, though. Did Merlin brew that himself? Did he know what was about to happen, and for whatever reason decided to make it easier?

Or did some other Author just write in both. That's probably it. A&E wrote it in there.

Why could Zelena poof her and Arthur away while "drugged" with a sleeping powder, yet she couldn't wave her hand and fling the heroes away from restraining her?

She already used up Wall of Wind in her spell slots, but had one left for Apparating? Or maybe she was trying that all along, but kept getting bad rolls.

Why didn't Merida's mother become Queen?  Why weren't the heads of the other clans fit to become King, like that muscle guy?  Since clearly, he was already there fighting for King Fergus so he had more experience than Merida.

Maybe Merida's mom wanted to retire? While primogeniture seems to be the thing (see OUaT's Rapunzel) patrilienality is not (see Snow, Emma). I doubt democracy is really a thing, either. So, if Fergus united all of the clans under his banner, then there might be some threat of supplantation...but, democratic election isn't a thing. So, it looks as though as long as crown princess Merida is alive, Macintosh (MacGuffin?) could only become high king from either marrying her, or if she agrees to pass the crown to him, or if he pulls a Robb Stark and rallies all the other clans to war against her. That he's good in a fight would only make him high-ranking commander of the military in Merida's kingdom.

Of course, I can't see why if so many people make such a big fuss about Merida being A Girl, it would either be caused by or lead to...patrilineality. Being a thing. If not in the Enchanted Forest, Camelot, and Arandelle, then at least in Dun'brock.

If the Witch of Dun'bruck was such a do-gooder, why was she enslaving Ruby in her hut?  What was the "price" of that ale to summon the Dead?

The witch is a roundabout do-gooder...and I suppose the price of dead-summoning ale depends on the plot. Judging from Bleeding Through, either you can't actually drink the ale because it's poisoned, or it invites the living to get possessed by the ghost.

How was it a good idea to end the episode with Merida vowing revenge on Arthur when that came to nothing?

It wasn't. Amy Manson wasn't happy about it either, because apparently she'd been hyping the mid-season finale showdown between Arthur and Merida, probably because they'd filmed those scenes. Either that's being saved for 5B, or...DVD extra feature? Unless Amy Manson's outburst makes her un-personed in the industry. Definitely not a good idea from any angle, but apparently this show's poor writers have their hands tied.

Arthur was stewing behind bars, and I'm not sure what kind of showdown there will be since he doesn't seem to give much of a crap about her.

"You killed my father."

"Okay, and? It was a battlefield, people die. Go away!"

• Love 2

I kind of imagined that with everyone else distracted by the Dark Ones, Merida decided to take her revenge on Arthur and storms the jail. It's totally okay for Merida to do this because she's got a right to be angry and want payback (even though she already had an episode where she learned that revenge isn't a good thing or whatever and Emma was totally and completely evil for getting upset that Merida shot an endless stream of arrows at her even as Emma was begging her to stop because her control wasn't that great). I really hated Merida and her incoherent character. And no, nothing done on the field of battle = murder because it's a fight to the death. Arthur should be locked up by his own people for being brainwashed, not held captive by the ruler of a neighboring kingdom. Are all of those poor Camelotians still missing their memories and still brainwashed? Did the de-darkening of Emma & Hook undo the memory curse? Tune in next week as we answer these questions on Once Upon a Time in Offscreenville when a bunch on innocent civilians stage a coup in Storybrooke.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

We know for sure that Leroy didn't get his memories back with the whole "there's another Dark One?" question. I still don't see what the point of the dwarfs was in Camelot.

And yes, it's the people of Camelot who should be dispensing justice, not Merida. Merida can just go away.

• Love 1

Good point about Leroy.  I assumed Granny and the Dwarves got the Dreamcatcher Memory Retrieval later but I guess they were forgotten.  Yet Merida was there... I guess that was a prerequisite for the deleted scene.  But Arthur wouldn't have had his memories of his last encounter with Merida.  

Edited by Camera One

But Leroy & co weren't in the diner when Emma turned Hook into the Dark One. And only she, Hook & Merlin (and Nimue/Rumpel) were there when the curse was cast. Emma returned them to the diner just before the curse took effect, so it's not clear at all whether or not everyone's memories were returned or just the group with Emma.  

Yeah, at first I thought it was because Granny, Leroy, etc. would not have known about Hook being the Dark One.  But she took everyone's memories from the point of entry into Camelot, so this means Granny, Leroy, etc. should eventually be given back their memories of whatever the hell they did in Camelot.

Because Regina finally ~*~believed~*~ in herself, so she had enough magical power to do whatever she wanted in that moment?

Perhaps she channeled her hatred of Zelena, using dark magic after all. Whenever Regina feels "empowered", it's rarely a good thing.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Actually, would Zelena herself count as an "object from Oz" that could direct the tornado? Or maybe she still had that Oz trinket on her.

But here's what I don't get...how come Regina wasn't weakened when she summoned the tornado in the finale? Couldn't Zelena have done the exact same thing her sister did in the premiere and attack Regina when she was at her weakest? Here's the line Regina randomly pulled out of her ass in 5x01, "I knew you could open that portal, but I also knew it would weaken you." Summoning the tornado in "Swan Song" should have also weakened Regina, but it didn't. Zelena should have been able to—at the very least—physically lash out and make a grab for the wand once Regina was weakened.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
Also, Regina is awesome. Never mind that Zelena is actually a hell of a lot more powerful than she is.

She can do anything because she has no regrets! Plus, she awesome because... reasons!

But here's what I don't get...how come Regina wasn't weakened when she summoned the tornado in the finale?

Don't you just love it when A&E pull new magic rules out of their asses, only to use it once? 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Don't you just love it when A&E pull new magic rules out of their asses, only to use it once? 

I should have remembered that one of the major rules of the show is that most rules don't apply to Regina. 

• Love 1

So Regina knew Oz existed, knew Cruella and Ursula... yet it's never explained how she did. Rumple had the Queens of Darkness as his students, but that was meaningless too. What is the point of having connections if you don't even bother to explain them?

Did you miss it? Cruella, Regina, Maleficent & Ursula were all part of Alpha Not Beta. It's a professional fraternity for evil magic users founded by Nimue. Rumpel was its president. Sadly, they were closed down due to inappropriate hazing rituals that included setting cop cars on fire and playing chicken with trains.

• Love 2

How did Rumple know about Cruella?

I'd like to know why Rumple even trained Cruella. What does he need a magical animal trainer for? But I guess the bigger question is - how did she get to the Enchanted Forest?

While we're on the subject of the Queens of Darkness, it's unfortunate that Ursula's only ability was go-go tentacle arms. We saw her sink ships with her voice, but she couldn't do that as a villain. What exactly made her threatening? Sure she could suffocate someone, but that doesn't exactly pit her very high on the threat list. She never seemed menacing to me... more like a teenager/young adult who got into some trouble.

Since she was in some irrelevant "land where time stood still".

I love how Rumple couldn't care less about other magical realms. I still crack up when he calls Wonderland "an annoying little world". 

Edited by KingOfHearts

We still need to get the story of the Dark Curse and how it came to be, and why it was guarded by an amazingly easy-to-defeat Chernobog.  I guess we have Season 6 or 7 for that.

I wonder if that would be a subject for the final season since it directly deals with the original premise of the show.

I have doubts this show will "directly deal" with anything.  It's like the Dark One mythology.  How satisfying is it to know that it started out as some lovers' betrayal whereby she suddenly turns bright green and becomes the evilest thing there is.

How satisfying is it to know that it started out as some lovers' betrayal whereby she suddenly turns bright green and becomes the evilest thing there is.

I was okay with that, but they left so much else unexplained. The Dark One's Vault, the Holy Grail, and the Promethian Flame, for example. I was hoping we would see more Dark Ones, but I guess we'll have to settle for that flaming warthog. All the inconsistencies between the ones we did see (Nimue, Rumple, Emma and Hook) were annoying. Some are sparkly, some aren't. Some are darker than others. There's a lot of headcanon needed to even begin to wrap your brain around it.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I've come to the conclusion that they're leaving tons of plot holes because they're hoping for a spin off of the show. When they get it, they'll answer all the questions!

And then once that spin-off show gets cancelled, they'll invite one of the characters back onto the main show, have him make out with Belle, and then drop him without a trace, leaving even more plot holes than there were before.

• Love 1

Something occurred to me, and now I'm wondering:

When Henry was under the sleeping curse meant for Emma, why didn't Regina try or suggest a True Love's Kiss? (or did she? I don't recall). It was a spell she'd used before, and she knew how it worked and how it could be broken. Maybe she didn't think it would work in the World Without Magic, but why not at least try? Or maybe she was afraid it wouldn't work because of her troubled relationship with Henry, but that would mean she was putting her ego ahead of her son's life. She might have been afraid it would work with Emma and not her, but again, that's ego ahead of her son's life. Or she might have been afraid that if Emma tried it, the curse would break, but that's putting her revenge curse ahead of her son's life.

Since a kiss is a simple thing and it's not as though trying it was going to cause any harm other than to her ego or to the curse, it seems weird that they did all that fretting about it and running around and she never tried or suggested the one thing she knew might work. When Emma did it, it was purely unintentional. She was just kissing her son, not trying to break a curse. Did Regina not even kiss her dying son just as a mother?

• Love 1

Let's review the wise sage words from The Apprentice in the Season 4 finale and the Season 5 premiere, to see how enlightening his knowledge and counsel was (never mind the fact that he could have told them to snap the Bracelet on Rumple and dump his dying body across the Town Line):

Hook: He tried to use the Hat to free himself from the dagger.
Apprentice: This is not unlike that. We are pulling the darkness from him and containing it.
Belle: Does that mean his heart will be healed?
Apprentice: Perhaps, if the strength is there. This is more dark power than a heart has ever been asked to contain.

What "strength" is he speaking of?  I guess the Apprentice didn't get the memo that Rumple would end up with the purest of all hearts.

Apprentice: (Reciting the spell's incantation.) Purest evil, blackest bloom, darkness, too, can find its doom. (He reaches into Mr. Gold's chest and pulls out the black heart. He then opens the Hat and aligns them in his hands, then continues to chant.) Never dying, but contained, bound inside the falcon's chamber, shorn of anger, thornless danger, there forever to remain.

Did he come up with this mumbo jumbo with Merlin?  Clearly, it didn't work.  Did our intrepid heroes bring the Hat box along with them to Camelot in case Merlin needed it?

Apprentice: (Weakly.) Long before your stories began, the Sorcerer battled the Darkness.He was able to keep it from consuming the realms. He tethered it to a human soul, could be controlled with a dagger.

Emma: The Dark One.

I guess we missed this flashback.  Or was The Apprentice following the Bro Code and didn't want to share Merlin's relationship history.

Apprentice: The Sorcerer is the only one with the power to destroy the Darkness once and for all, before it destroys everything.

Emma: Where is he? Who is he?
Apprentice: (Weakly.) He is far, far from here. Find him. His name is... Merlin. You must... stop... the Darkness. Find... Merlin.

Why was he being so vague?  He knew full well Merlin was trapped inside a tree in Camlelot.  Did he want them to find Merlin or not?  

Besides, Merlin never had the power to destroy the Darkness once and for all, from what we could see.  He needed Emma to do it.  If a good person like Emma had never become the Dark One, the Darkness would never be destroyed.  

Hook: Apprentice, the monstrosity took Emma. Where did they go?

Apprentice: She is now where all darkness is born: in your realm.
Hook: Then take us there.
Apprentice: I am too weak now but, this (Materializes the wand in his left hand.) will help. It is a gift from the sorcerer, from Merlin, (Chuckles.) on the day I became his apprentice. In it is all the light magic.

If Emma is "in your realm", they could take the same door as Arendelle, and then have Regina poof them over the Dark One vault.  Bring Emma's clothing with them and a locator spell would find her.  

Merlin gave that wand to a little boy?

Mary Margaret: It can take us to our daughter?
Apprentice: Not on its own. In order to cross realms, it must be wielded as if was forged. It's both sides of the coin: the light.. and... the dark...

He didn't say anything about the wand bearer needing to "believe in themselves".  And if it needed to be wielded with the light too, why could Zelena make it work?  

If Merlin had succeeded in stabbing Nimue with The Dagger, wouldn't Merlin have become The Dark One himself?  

If Rumple in "Swan Song" transferred all the Darkness to himself, why would all the Dark Ones be dead?  Did he mean they're all back in the Underworld again?  Why would Rumple get all of Emma's powers, when they were Light powers?  The Writers don't see a problem with Rumple being ridiculously overpowered?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
Why would Rumple get all of Emma's powers, when they were Light powers?

He didn't get her light powers though. He got only her Dark Ones powers. I don't think Emma's magic can be taken away because she was born with it.

When the darkness was hoovered out of Rumple, he lost all his magic because regular (I was typing regular, but typed Regina instead. Go figure!) Rumple never had magic to begin with.

Everything else I agree with. I don't think I've ever seen a show with so much continuity problems and holes.

The Writers don't see a problem with Rumple being ridiculously overpowered?

It's kind of ridiculous, isn't it? Plus is the rest of Excalibur stashed somewhere in his shop, or has it been completely destroyed? How do you destroy all that darkness after that? 

He didn't get her light powers though. He got only her Dark Ones powers. I don't think Emma's magic can be taken away because she was born with it.

That's what I'm assuming as well, though the dialogue made it unclear.  Emma definitely didn't lose her power, but they made it sound as if Rumple can match Emma's power ("I have the combined powers of all the Dark Ones... including you"), and Emma would only be able to last until she got to Belle and told her the secret, and that's it.  I don't get what new "dark powers" Emma would have brought to the table as the Dark One, considering she hardly did anything evil.  

The inconsistencies in what the Apprentice said makes it sound like they didn't rewatch the 4B finale before writing the 5A premiere.  Merlin telling them to "find Nimue" suggests they changed their mind about that while they were writing the 5A finale since characters mention it in the episode before.  These are very glaring when the show is watched marathon-style and decreases the rewatch value greatly.

Edited by Camera One

Per the discussion on the Magic thread about Regina's use of magic in SB pre-cursebreak and Rumpel's stockpile of magical items....how did Rumpel end up with his dagger and his storehouse of magical items? He was locked up in Snowing's anti-magic cage before the curse, away from his stuff, and Regina promised him only that he would live in comfort in the new world and had to obey her if he used the word "please." But if Regina controlled how the curse worked and what it brought with them, why would she allow Rumpel to end up with all his magical items? All the  things he could use against her if stuff went sideways in the Storybrooke?

But if Regina controlled how the curse worked and what it brought with them, why would she allow Rumpel to end up with all his magical items?

Because Regina's an idiot? They don't really highlight it much, but it did seem like Regina was so overly consumed with getting her revenge that she didn't really care about the particulars or think about the long term. She didn't even know about the Saviour until after the curse was cast. She also thought Rumpel wouldn't have his memories and he wouldn't have magic either, so what's it to her if he brings stuff along.

• Love 1

Regina seemed like she had no idea what the Dark Curse actually entailed in "Welcome to Storybrooke".  Considering that joke of an episode, the Writers did not do much thinking in regards to the particulars of the Curse when it came to Storybrooke the town.

• Love 1

Rumple totally played Regina when it came to casting the curse. He slipped whatever he wanted in there without Regina having any clue.

Evil Queen: What do you want?

Rumpelstiltskin: Simple. In this new land, I want comfort. I want a good life.

Evil Queen: Fine. You’ll have an estate. Be rich.

I guess when they made that deal, "comfort" could have stood for many things. I'm pretty Regina would have wanted Rumple on standby just in case something backfired and she needed to consult the previous owner of the curse. She could have brought over his magical objects as backup for her own supply.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I imagine that Rumple's idea of comfort would be magic, so totems to help him channel that would've been woven unintentionally by Regina into the curse. I doubt she meant to leave him with magic in the off chance he could regain his memories and work against her given how antagonistic their relationship became.

Edited by Delphi

Rumple could have put a spell on his belongings, to go with him to whatever realm he is taken, "tethering" these objects to him.  There's apparently a spell or a potion for everything.  Though why they also went with him after he "died" in 3A and Regina recast the Curse, who knows...

Edited by Camera One

Remember that snow globe from filming spoilers last season for Birth (I think). Apparently it was a Dark One detector. http://on-the-nightshift.tumblr.com/post/140220710902/regarding-the-snowglobe-from-birth

Apparently it goes off when Hook enters the Pawn Shop, which leads him to think Emma is outside. That could have played into his decision to jump from the building. He knew (or thought he knew) Emma was there, and would catch him.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know at the time that they didn't let out the information about the significance of the snow globe even after it was cut because they might use it later. I wonder if they were thinking about having the globe be the way Emma found out that Rumpel was the Dark One again instead of the dagger calling to her. Or I suppose Belle could find it on the Shelf of Convenience and learn her husband is still a lying jackass.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3

After rewatching the last three episodes, I wish they'd just pick an approximate age for Hook and stick with it. They don't have to get it down to a precise year, but at least agree on it within a century or so. After two episodes of multiple people (including Hook himself) saying Hook spent "centuries" as a pirate or "centuries" trying to destroy the Dark One, they had the episode in which his father talks about having been under a sleeping curse for nearly a century, and then Hook talks about trying to get his revenge for a century, but then later also uses "centuries" and Emma also says "centuries."

So, which is it, around 100 years, or "centuries" that he's been a pirate and seeking revenge?

Speaking of time, have they explained how Zelena is in the approximate age range of Regina, in spite of the curse? She wasn't in Storybrooke, since she was back in the Enchanted Forest when they returned. Was she in the Coradome? But then even if they were just frozen instead of Groundhog Daying in there, she still would have had nearly a year between when time started moving again and when Cora and Hook headed for Storybrooke when she could have directly confronted her mother (and campaigned for favorite daughter, given that Regina put out a hit on Cora). Does time work differently in Oz? Does the pendant stop aging? Does being green have anti-aging properties? At least they came up with the dragonbaby eggshell anti-aging magic for Cruella and Ursula, but I don't recall any explanation for Zelena.