Type keyword(s) to search

The Medal Count

16 hours ago, Love said:

Actually, Canada had 14 in Vancouver.  The most ever by a host nation.  Sorry.  I'm very protective of my country in the Olympics.  Prior to Vancouver, we were the only host country to never win at home.  

No worries, I'm Canadian too. That little fact is also good news for me too, haha. 

It's coming back to me now - the media reported that Canada tied the record for gold medal wins by a host country but then the hockey gold helped them surpass that record and are now the sole owners of that record for now. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's coming back to me now - the media reported that Canada tied the record for gold medal wins by a host country but then the hockey gold helped them surpass that record and are now the sole owners of that record for now. 

Well, you have to share that record with both Norway and Germany now since both countries won 14 golds this year (which is crazy).

5 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

Well, you have to share that record with both Norway and Germany now since both countries won 14 golds this year (which is crazy).

I meant sole owners of the host country records but Norway in particular blows me away. My city and greater metropolitan area alone is over 1M more people that the whole population of Norway. Insane that they could pump out that kind of athletic competition. 

• Love 1

And here are the top five at the Paralympics as of now:

1.  USA   3 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

2.  France 2 gold, 1 silver

3.  Neutral Paralympic Athletes (Not!Russians)  2 gold, 1 silver

4.  Ukraine  1 gold, 1 silver, 3 bronze

5. Canada   1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze

Way to go, USA!  :)

• Love 3

And here are the final results at the conclusion of the 2018 Winter Paralympics:

If I'm not mistaken, 36 overall medals for the US beats even our personal best of 34 Winter Olympic medals.  And we definitely beat the Not!Russians -- they came in second, but with a mere 24 medals overall, mainly silver.

Go, USA!  See y'all in Tokyo in 2020!  :)

• Love 3