Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Weddings

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I want to just say that while her skin isn't perfect it also was filmed during sometime in August supposedly so heat can play games on one's skin. While cooler months it can be clear as can be. I just don't think its "tragically bad skin". JMO

Never mind the heat.  Don't men realize that women have raging hormones every month that can cause skin breakouts?  I think it is rude to even mention that.  Dumb comment.  

13 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

Well just by the first episode I could see the possibility of all three couples not ending up together in the end. Ryan seems very creepy the way he just kept talking about how it's a fairytale wedding and Jaclyn was his princess - it was almost too much especially since they only had just met... Jon seems very into himself and it seems by the previews that Molly wants to take it slow and that probably hurts his ego... and I can already tell Shawniece and Jephte are a mis match- she seems over the top and crazy, and he seems very reserved. Of course even if they all hate each other we will probably see them choosing to stay together at the end of the experiment as per contract by the show to make it look good...

• Love 3

I seriously believe that Jonathan's best gal pal was hired by producers to play that role in an attempt to bring in some spice. Jaclyn and Ryan have the dead fiance drama, Jephte/Shawniece will have it no matter what because shes off her rocker, but Mollie and Jonathan have the potential to be a boringly well-matched couple. The way gal pal behaves and speaks - it's like she was trained on how to act like one of the bros from an acting class. Asking Jon if there was gonna be any "bow-chicka-wow-wow" on the wedding night ... that sounds like something a guy would say in a cheesy rom-com. And Jonathan does not strike me as the type to hang out with females unless he deems them attractive.

As a side note, I don't like his personality already from what we have seen so far, I hope I am wrong. He strikes me as a mean, douchey frat boy type who picks on other people for fun. The first flag was him constantly showing off his body like he's advertising himself for viewers rather than focusing about what he got himself into. The second was making fun of another man's fiancee for a supposedly large ring size. And he just seems like the type who wore a popped collar in college with a matching wristband. I hope he will be nice to Mollie because she seems genuinely nice and there for the right reasons. 

• Love 4

Tuesdays on Lifetime.

You will want to catch the half hour Unflitered show at 830pm that recaps the previous episode and we assume will have the cast in the same clothes week after week explaining and mansplaining their actions( check your local listings for times) before the new episode at 9pm.

Join our fun....

• Love 2
On 1/13/2018 at 5:27 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I’m not a guy, but I feel like it’d be super gross to receive a lap dance from someone wearing a belt that belonged to your mom.

OMG LMAO That totally makes it even worse put this way too. 

On 1/13/2018 at 6:45 PM, Gem 10 said:

Never mind the heat.  Don't men realize that women have raging hormones every month that can cause skin breakouts?  I think it is rude to even mention that.  Dumb comment.  

Exactly! And as if men don't ever have it happen? *rollseyes*

On 1/14/2018 at 11:28 AM, Lily247 said:

I seriously believe that Jonathan's best gal pal was hired by producers to play that role in an attempt to bring in some spice.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I believe that last season they had it seem like Cody's bro and Danielle's friend were hooking up but that it was producers wanting something to add to their not having sex but his pro and her friend were...yet they really weren't. That is just my take because they came off so not looking like a hooked up couple but just awkward as well. Its the kind of bs we can expect from this show. So now will we will see his best gal pal again during the season with her awkward behavior/comments? Or will she wither away like some do because more then likely they were hired by the show for lame reasons. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Eh, we used to make fun of Cody's razor burn, and Ashley's mustache, and David's yellow teeth so Molly's acne is fair game. All's fair in snark and TV.

I will add to this that not all did but a select few. BTW, what does the looks of these people really even matter in the end? Its not like you or anyone else here has to be with them? Some have been nitpicked at in ways that were beyond nasty IMO and for no reason at all but they didn't find them attractive. 

Edited by Evil Queen
added to
  • Love 4

I'm getting really tired of these "experts" matching up black people who are horribly mismatched from the beginning.  There is NOTHING about Jephte and Shawniece that makes me think they have anything in common other than being black and having large families.  He so clearly doesn't like her and she is so utterly clueless, it feels sadistic that they did this to them.

Regarding Jaclyn:  I think her heart is in the right place, but when you lose someone who is truly your "other half", it can be really, really hard to adjust to being with someone else.  There is survivors guilt, there is the longing to keep the dead person alive somehow, there's mourning the life that you didn't get to have.  A year and a half is just not that long.  My husband of 27 years died four years ago and I still cannot picture myself with anyone else.  When I think about what I would want, the one I had always comes up.  Anyone else would be ersatz him or competing with a ghost.  Then I think about marrying a stranger, especially one as effusive as Ryan is.  Suddenly she is MARRIED to someone else without any chance to process what role he will play in her head and heart (because sometimes marrying a widow/er, or an almost widow/er, means you ARE in a marriage of three and it can take really strong stuff and good communication to deal with it.  I think choosing her for this was a bad idea from the matchmakers.  Maybe it will make good TV, but it is not fair to either of these two.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I'm getting really tired of these "experts" matching up black people who are horribly mismatched from the beginning.  There is NOTHING about Jephte and Shawniece that makes me think they have anything in common other than being black and having large families.  He so clearly doesn't like her and she is so utterly clueless, it feels sadistic that they did this to them.

Regarding Jaclyn:  I think her heart is in the right place, but when you lose someone who is truly your "other half", it can be really, really hard to adjust to being with someone else.  There is survivors guilt, there is the longing to keep the dead person alive somehow, there's mourning the life that you didn't get to have.  A year and a half is just not that long.  My husband of 27 years died four years ago and I still cannot picture myself with anyone else.  When I think about what I would want, the one I had always comes up.  Anyone else would be ersatz him or competing with a ghost.  Then I think about marrying a stranger, especially one as effusive as Ryan is.  Suddenly she is MARRIED to someone else without any chance to process what role he will play in her head and heart (because sometimes marrying a widow/er, or an almost widow/er, means you ARE in a marriage of three and it can take really strong stuff and good communication to deal with it.  I think choosing her for this was a bad idea from the matchmakers.  Maybe it will make good TV, but it is not fair to either of these two.

First I am sorry you lost your husband. I think you are spot on in what you said for this situation since you can see it from a side some of us can't. I thought it was a wrong move from the get go to pick her but sadly this show is only after what drama can come from this. I know that everyone grieves in their own way and time frame but doing this on tv with someone is just low and beyond wrong. 

Its the same for all the couples that they do this crap too. They matched Shawneice with Jephte for drama factor and nothing more. Basically any person suckered into doing this show is probably going to be out for their 15 mins they hope to get from it, selling something or well a sucker. They do a major disservice with what this show is and made it more disturbing to watch with each passing season IMO. 

• Love 2