Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Containment

Drogo

Jason and the SEAL team are sent to intercept the sale of nuclear weapons, but the mission goes sideways when they must make the treacherous journey back to base with nukes that have unsecured fuel rods. Also, Ray is sidelined with a shoulder injury, and Jason and Alana are shocked by their kids’ reactions when the topic of their reunion is brought up.

Anybody catch why they so careful around the nuclear artillery shells? They were designed to be used on the battlefield but they were acting like an old western with the nitroglycerin bottles.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

They were designed to be fired out of a canon!  But no drama in their being totally safe.

My National Guard unit had nuclear capability. Our 155mm is the functional equivalent to the Soviet 152mm.

10 hours ago, Raja said:

Anybody catch why they so careful around the nuclear artillery shells? They were designed to be used on the battlefield but they were acting like an old western with the nitroglycerin bottles.

I can excuse that since these are Hollywood nukes and as such have very different properties than real ones. See also other containers of flammables that explode when you give them a dirty look versus their real-life counterparts. However, what I did find weird was where the ambush consisted of all three operators sitting shoulder to should with their heads sticking up. One grenade (or burst of heavy machine gun fire or artillery shell or...) and that ambush is done for. "I'm gonna show the new kid how to do a proper ambush" indeed.

• Love 1

The blue setting of the episode and the blue shirt really bring Sonny's eyes a lot. Also, more focus on Sonny and his friendship with Davis? Always a good thing in my book.

Of course the injured friend with horrible yet sexy facial scars is hitting on Davis. Of course he is. I like Sonny/Davis chemistry more so I hope it's temporary arrangement.

They should check the bridge and do some repairs on it before crossing. It's like, 3 meters long and 1,5 meters high.

Ray is acting like a dummy. I mean, for reasons that are understandable but still. I liked his interactions with his wife. I think they're great together. I would want to see that from Jason and Alana but that's storyline remains kind of frustrating.

• Love 2
On 12/01/2018 at 7:34 AM, dwmarch said:

However, what I did find weird was where the ambush consisted of all three operators sitting shoulder to should with their heads sticking up. One grenade (or burst of heavy machine gun fire or artillery shell or...) and that ambush is done for. "I'm gonna show the new kid how to do a proper ambush" indeed.

Why ambush at all. The bridge was barely usable as it was, just blow it up and the bad guys can't chase you. 

On 14/01/2018 at 4:12 AM, CooperTV said:

Ray is acting like a dummy. I mean, for reasons that are understandable but still. I liked his interactions with his wife. I think they're great together. I would want to see that from Jason and Alana but that's storyline remains kind of frustrating.

Yea that was pretty dumb. You know his injury is going to cause a problem on their next operation.

Also what actually happened with the daughter? Was she just drunk at a party that got busted by the cops or was it something worse?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also what actually happened with the daughter? Was she just drunk at a party that got busted by the cops or was it something worse?

I think she was apologizing for the drinking.

The friend(actor who plays) Danny Cooper, with the scars, was the son in law on "Reba".  Not sure if he and Davis will connect, or not for long. I wonder how close Sonny and Agent Leigh Wheeler, became? When they finished the mission and met the others at the bar they seemed to be friendly.

I do think Emma was apologizing for drinking at the party.  We all had to learn I guess about over partying and such. Luckily for some of us we didn't have to get arrested. Also Emma was lucky no one was hurt in the drinking and driving bit.

It did seem funny that the rickety old bridge would have stopped the bomb trucks even if Seal Team hadn't intercepted it. Then to have Jason, Clay and Brock in the same nest could have been an easy kill with the right placement of a mortar. Did Trent watch their backs? Did the vehicles come up behind them, or infront? But I guess if it was infront then probably Sonny and Agent Wheeler would have been caught.

I do like the back and forth, and real day to day problems, (bills) etc. that Ray and Naima have together. I would think that it would be easy to find that Ray didn't actually see the doctor. Like pointed out above, sure he will compromise the next mission, or one soon. I also liked that Sonny was not comfortable being "Ray" for the team. But Jason had confidence in him. And he came through.

I also thought it was cute what Sonny said to Clay, I'm paraphrasing, "Gamma Rays will turn you into the hulk and shrink your balls!". I laughed.

Edited by webruce
added clarification.
On 18/01/2018 at 10:47 PM, CooperTV said:

I think she was apologizing for the drinking.

But was it just drinking at the party or being in a car with someone else who also had been drinking, which would have broke that contract thing she signed.

The friend(actor who plays) Danny Cooper, with the scars, was the son in law on "Reba".

I think he's also been on Shameless. I haven't watched that Shameless for a long time now, so I don't know if he's still a recurring or regular there any more. He's also married to Sarah Shahi, who's known for The L Word,  Life, Fairly Legal and Person of Interest.