Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

That's really shitty of the EPs. They told EBR that she's safe as soon as they could. They even say that they'd never kill Thea off so Willa knew she was safe too.

But knowing that a character is safe and not telling the actors about this is really shitty...

While she's certainly free to go where she thinks she'll be better served, how exactly would your scenario work? Say she gets cast as a star of a show on a bigger network, chances are it's a pilot. And what percentage of pilots gets picked up? Honest question, I don't know personally, but I feel it's low. Plus a lot of shows don't make it to second season. Then there's the possibility of getting cast in a lead role on an already running show and the first person that pops to mind is Janina Gavankar, who got the role on Sleepy Hollow, which then got cancelled quickly.  Either way, it seems like unprofessional behavior that comes with a slew of risks. 

I don't think she needs to stay if she's unhappy for whatever reason, but if and when she choses to do it, I think it would be wise to do it professionally. Still, while it seems her role is pretty unispiring, she's hardly in the toughest spot a young actress can be in.

• Love 4

It could have simply something they forgot since they never intended on killing her and i guess she never inquired about it. But that kind of seem the norn, KC found out like an episode or 2 before? JB found out when he got the script? (From the sound of it)

(edited)

Here's what I don't understand about The CW Seed's new animated series, Freedom Fighters: The Ray - does the series take place in the 1940's or in present day? From the TV Guide SDCC article and MG's comments, it's the origin story of Earth-1's The Ray and he'll be fighting Nazis. However, the article also refers to guest appearances by animated Vixen, The Flash's Cisco and Arrow's Mr. Terrific.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

How The CW's 'Black Lightning' Hopes to Have a Lasting Impact on Culture
JULY 17, 2017 8:30am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/black-lightning-salim-akil-showrunner-q-a-1020940

Considering there are so many established superhero shows and more coming this season, what separates Black Lightning from the pack?
[Showrunner Salim Akil:] There is no African-American superhero with a family, with an ex-wife, who is a teacher and a proud member of his community. And this show will be grounded more in reality than some of the others.
As it stands right now, Black Lightning is the only CW DC Comics series that is not part of the Arrow-verse. Can you talk about the decision to break free from the world of Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow
It was a mutually agreed decision. I'm excited about it. Black Lightning has in its own ways disappeared from the DC universe. Those who knew, know. We have an opportunity to reintroduce him to the public. I didn't want anything to get in the way of that. I want people to get to know who Jefferson Pierce is, who Black Lightning is. I wanted them to get to know him in a world they recognize. It gives us the opportunity to express ourselves and for me to express myself in a way that's different and unique. The CW and [producers] Warner Bros. Television and [Greg] Berlanti and Akil Productions came to that conclusion and it's an exciting one.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Candice tweeted after the season finale that they didn't leave her in suspense long, so I'm guessing Grant was the one that told her first, and after a while (maybe after she'd gotten the script or a bit after) they told her. But I guess we'll never know. As for the other discussion, Candice has said and clearly loves Iris and playing Iris (and even said at the same event she enjoyed her material this season). She also understands (from what she's said in interviews) the importance of the role and her playing the role +what it means and she know the impact her playing Iris has had and is still having on people and that it's touched a lot of lives.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Here's what I don't understand about The CW Seed's new animated series, Freedom Fighters: The Ray - does the series take place in the 1940's or in present day? From the TV Guide SDCC article and MG's comments, it's the origin story of Earth-1's The Ray and he'll be fighting Nazis. However, the article also refers to guest appearances by animated Vixen, The Flash's Cisco and Arrow's Mr. Terrific.

If I understand correctly it's present day but in a universe where the Nazi's won World War 2. So the characters we'll see will not be our versions of the characters. From the article: 

"other supervillains The Ray will take on include evil nazi counterparts of The Flash and Green Arrow"

Other earth or not, I don't like this. I'm going to hope that because they didn't mention Stephen or Grant it means it'll be other characters who are using The Flash and Green Arrow name.

(edited to add: thanks for posting the scans!) 

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 4
(edited)

^ ^ ^ Thanks for the explanation. So, like Supergirl, it's present day and part of the Arrowverse (allowing crossovers), but still takes place in a different universe - or at least starts in a different universe, since MG said in that article that it's the origin story of Earth-1 Ray.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

TVLine's Ask Ausiello Live facebook video from July 17...

-- Michael Ausiello took Designated Survivor out of of the running for his previously posted Blind Item (9 shows were listed, including Supergirl).

-- He had no new Arrowverse spoilers.

-- He said that he's going to drop a "bombshell" in his instagram stories, but didn't say for what show.

-- He said that they will have SDCC scoop and coverage starting on Thursday. Two weeks after that, they will start covering the TCAs.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:32 PM, Starfish35 said:

So this is potentially interesting. Ausiello just put out a new Blind Item, and unlike his usual MO, this time he limited the possibilities to nine shows, one of which is Supergirl.

The nine shows are:

1. The Exorcist
  2. The Blacklist
  3. Supergirl
  4. Blindspot
  5. Scorpion
  6. Designated Survivor
  7. NCIS
  8. Scandal
  9. Elementary

Honestly, my guess is that it's probably not Supergirl, but since it was included on the list, it does open up the door for some speculation.

It sounds like it could be Scandal. My only hesitation is that he mentions HTGAWM in the descriptor which is a little too on the nose, even by his standards.

I think it is least likely out of all those options. Because I can think of multiple reasons each of those shows would do a story narrative like that and for some it is very natural to their stories/characters already, or it might be the shake-up a stale show might need in it's older years. I can't think of one reason Supergirl  would do it, it's completely out of line with their storytelling process, and honestly it feels a little too advanced a plot structure for the writers room.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Chico got her girl in there, that's all she needs. She cleared her own bar!

Are you sure KC is her girl? Cause that unfortunate thumbnail is more along frenemy lines. ?

Edited by leopardprint
Just now, apinknightmare said:

The elders on the Arrow cast don't seem to enjoy this kind of promo duty, so maybe that's why it was put on the newbies. 

Oh, I'm sure. I just don't like it. Haha. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

The elders on the Arrow cast don't seem to enjoy this kind of promo duty, so maybe that's why it was put on the newbies. 

Apparently not just Arrow, because the actress playing Lena Luthor is the only one representing Supergirl. Was everyone else from those two shows simply not picking up the phone when the network decided to throw this together?

• Love 1
Just now, bijoux said:

Apparently not just Arrow, because the actress playing Lena Luthor is the only one representing Supergirl. Was everyone else from those two shows simply not picking up the phone when the network decided to throw this together?

Could there maybe be more than one promo per show? I mean, not that I'd be surprised if it's that half-assed, but. 

(edited)

I think Arrow and SG are the only shows with new cast members that werent at SDCC last year so they had to force them in. The pics work for the other two DC shows.

Edited by Cleanqueen

My petty self LOVES that there was more people unhappy with that promo then happy with in the replies. CW is feeling the rath of all the Bots!

Also second petty opinion- more compliments for  Katie McGrath then the other one :P

(edited)
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm just disappointed because I don't care about any of those people or their characters. If they had another one with the mains, that would be great. 

Like you said unfortunately the people the audience cares about don't typically like doing this stuff- newbies who are trying to build a fan base (and veterans desperate for attention and validation) do. It sucks but hopefully what we do get from the OTA at SDCC will make up for it. 

Tbh I wonder if the CW are unhappy that the non Oliver or Diggle costumed characters aren't breaking out in popularity as much as they would have liked. Maybe that's why they are pushing like they are.

Edited by LeighAn

My only hope is this is not an indication of how promo will go at SDCC. I'm really not here for a weekend of BC/BS/newbies hype. Naw, son.

(edited)

So the mod for the Arrow panel is the Exec. Editor at ComicBook.com and host of a Let's Talk Comics podcast... Should be interesting.

Edited by tv echo

Well I can't promise that a certain returning actresses won't act like she's on My Super Sweet Sixteen with the diva everyone pay attention to me-ness.

But I'm sure there will still be something for us. Especially considering that Olicity wise we will actually have a more optimistic spoiler front then last year. Stephen and Emily should be receiving their E! Awards that we won for best couple since they usually give those out at SDCC. And going by pasts cons even with those who shall not be named new and old alike- Stephen Emily and David and cast have always provided the goods when it comes to cute/funny/squee SDCC moments. IMO at least.

Plus usually most of the big ticket items of SDCC feature OTA- ign interview, the thing Zac Braf does etc.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So the mod for the Arrow panel is the Exec. Editor at ComicBook.com and host of a Let's Talk Comics podcast... Should be interesting.

I'm wary and skeptical but I'll give him a slight benefit of the doubt because comic book.com did  weirdly post quite a few (for them) pro Felicity/Olicity articles last season

6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Plus usually most of the big ticket items of SDCC feature OTA- ign interview, the thing Zac Braf does etc.

You mean Zachary Levi? I think I remember that's not happening this year, which is too bad because it was fun. And I'm also convinced that's when the 520 elevator shaft scene was conceived.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

You mean Zachary Levi? I think I remember that's not happening this year, which is too bad because it was fun. And I'm also convinced that's when the 520 elevator shaft scene was conceived.

Yeah, there's no panel this year. I'm also curious to see who is doing the IGN interview this year..they changed people every year..

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

Who is hosting the Flash panel?

22 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yeah, there's no panel this year. I'm also curious to see who is doing the IGN interview this year..they changed people every year..

If they're smart OTA! 

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Who is hosting the Flash panel?

If they're smart OTA! 

Emily has done it the last two years so I'd be surprised if she doesn't join Stephen again, and hopefully David as well. If they are smart they would put Stephen with people he actually likes because then he loosens up and has a good time with the interview. We've seen him do an IGN interview with someone he doesn't like and he spent the whole time with his arms crossed and stiff as a board.

But if it's not Emily or David I think Juliana maybe, just because it's her Black Canary coming out party but even then I'm still pretty confident to put my money on it being with either Stephen/Emily Stephen/David or Stephen/Emily/David. They are the top tier characters on the show after all.

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah and I can't see why they shouldnt have it this year. The year before it was stephen, emily and wendy. 

I don't know..since they have had a different combination of people every year I think maybe they like to change it up a little each time..

29 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

and the year before it was Stephen and Emily.

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah and I can't see why they shouldnt have it this year. The year before it was stephen, emily and wendy. 

Yeah exactly. As far as I'm aware there's not some rule that it has to be changed every year it's who ever the network or producers decide to put up there so...

3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't know..since they have had a different combination of people every year I think maybe they like to change it up a little each time..

They do outside interviews also. Unless the main attraction in the studio Will be JH/KC interview i am guess they gonna go with Stephen, Emily and David.

• Love 1