Type keyword(s) to search

The Office in the Media

http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/the-office-revival-nbc-2018-new-cast/

The Office Revival Eyed at NBC for 2018-2019 Season

By Michael Ausiello / December 18 2017, 3:50 PM PST

NBC is getting ready to put pen to paper on a revival of The Office.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Peacock network is eyeing a continuation of the beloved workplace comedy for the 2018-2019 season. The revival would once again be set at Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton, PA., branch, and feature a mix of new and old cast members. Steve Carell, who starred as the branch’s regional manager, Michael Scott, for seven of the comedy’s nine seasons, will not be involved in the new series. The search for a new RM/boss is said to be already underway. 

NBC declined to comment on or confirm any details of this story.

Roughly a month before NBC’s successful relaunch of Will & Grace, network president Bob Greenblatt revealed to reporters that his revival wish list included The Office (as well as 30 Rock). “We often talk about The Office,” the exec told our sister site Deadline. “I’ve talked to Greg [Daniels] four times over the past few years. It’s always, ‘Maybe someday, but not now’. There is certainly an open invitation, but we don’t have anything happening right now. If he wants to do it, I would do it.”

NBC’s Will & Grace revival has been a critical and commercial success for the network. Last week, the sitcom even landed multiple Golden Globe nominations (including for Best Comedy Series).

• Love 1

I hope this turns out better than her last job. Jenna on TheOffCameraShow talking about how  she was originally cast in the CBS Matt LeBlanc sitcom "Man with a Plan" in 2016 but was fired after the pilot because test audiences couldn't accept Pam Beesley and Joey Tribianni as a couple!

She also talks about her chemistry with John Krasinski:

8 hours ago, LizDC said:

I like the episode a lot(Jan's assistant Hunter's song "You took by the hand/made me a man..." always makes me laugh) but I don't know if it's the "best ever". Still, it's a great read and terrific look behind the scenes of one of my favorite shows.

• Love 1
(edited)

‘The Office’: An Ode to “Scott’s Tots,” One of the Most Excruciating Episodes of TV Ever Made

Excerpt:

And yet, “Scott’s Tots” is also one of The Office’s best and most important episodes. As horrible as Michael’s initial decision was, it’s clear he had only the best intentions. Michael’s an idiot. He really did believe he’d be a millionaire by the time he was 30 (or 40), and he was entirely genuine when he offered to pay those kids’ tuition. This is the key to Michael Scott as the show’s main character: He may do horrible things, he may do stupid things, but he’s always earnest—to a fault, to be sure—but earnest nonetheless. And it’s one of the reasons why Andy (Ed Helms) is so unlikable in Season 8, after Carell’s departure—he lacks the humanity that made Michael an empathetic character.

Edited by VCRTracking
On 6/30/2018 at 2:21 PM, VCRTracking said:

I loved "Scott's Tot's".  It is one of the best representations of Michael Scott's character, well-meaning but idiotic and irresponsible, yet somehow effective.  Just as the Scranton branch inexplicably did well, Michael's extremely generous empty promise actually made the kid's lives better, by motivating them to stay in school. 

The other great picture of Michael was in "Take Your Daughters to Work Day" when they played the video of him as a child being interviewed by the cat puppet, when he said he wan't to get married and have 100 kids so he could have 100 friends and no one could say no to being his friend.   That perfectly summed up why he managed the way he did. 

• Love 2

I've been doing a rewatch of the series (not in order) and came across Scott's Tots yesterday.  Don't think I saw it when it first aired.  Holy cow, it was cringe-worthy.  I actually fast forwarded through parts.  Too painful.

People point to The Dinner Party as an uncomfortable episode, but that one has nothing on Scott's Tots

• Love 2
On 4/7/2018 at 9:53 PM, VCRTracking said:

I like the episode a lot(Jan's assistant Hunter's song "You took by the hand/made me a man..." always makes me laugh) but I don't know if it's the "best ever"

I know it's a classic episode, but I don't think it's the best ever either. Personally, I don't think it's even the best Season 4 episode--Goodbye, Toby and The Deposition are both better.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:49 AM, Roaster said:

People point to The Dinner Party as an uncomfortable episode, but that one has nothing on Scott's Tots

Yeah...cringeworthy humor was The Office's trademark, but Scott's Tots may have went a bit overboard.

• Love 1