Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I'm 100% certain Shatner adores Misha.  When Misha was mugged at MinnCon in 2015, Shatner texted Rich and Rob (individually and multiple times and in the middle of the night) to find out what was going on and was Misha okay.  

He trolls.  It's his way.  He also supports Random Act and Misha supports Shatner's charities.  I've heard him sincerely say that he thinks Misha is one of the kindest people on earth.  

Shatner has appointed himself the Twitter police.  He seems to adopt a stance and then personally pursues it with a vengeance.  He absolutey loaths members of the Outlander fandom who ship the two actors in Real Life (tin hatters).  

He randomly takes on a topic (like someone complaining about Jared) and then augers in.  He thinks he's wise but he often expresses righteous indignation in a wrong-headed way.  And he publicly shames individuals who are just random fans who, in his opinion, are being rude.  

So... don't take this as some pro-Shatner post.  I'm just saying that I'm certain he loves Misha.  And you cannot take what Shatner says at face value quite a bit of the time.  At SOME point, I suspect he's going to cross a line that even Twitter can't ignore and they'll toss him.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'm 100% certain Shatner adores Misha.  When Misha was mugged at MinnCon in 2015, Shatner texted Rich and Rob (individually and multiple times and in the middle of the night) to find out what was going on and was Misha okay.  

He trolls.  It's his way.  He also supports Random Act and Misha supports Shatner's charities.  I've heard him sincerely say that he thinks Misha is one of the kindest people on earth.  

Shatner has appointed himself the Twitter police.  He seems to adopt a stance and then personally pursues it with a vengeance.  He absolutey loaths members of the Outlander fandom who ship the two actors in Real Life (tin hatters).  

He randomly takes on a topic (like someone complaining about Jared) and then augers in.  He thinks he's wise but he often expresses righteous indignation in a wrong-headed way.  And he publicly shames individuals who are just random fans who, in his opinion, are being rude.  

So... don't take this as some pro-Shatner post.  I'm just saying that I'm certain he loves Misha.  And you cannot take what Shatner says at face value quite a bit of the time.  At SOME point, I suspect he's going to cross a line that even Twitter can't ignore and they'll toss him.  

William Shatner is also 86 years old.  I imagine the curmudgeonly attitude might be age related at times.

• Love 7

Speaking of a future appearance--The Hawaii Con will have supposedly a first for a Creation Con...A Jensen/Misha panel.  It will be on a Sunday--those are always very cool.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Speaking of a future appearance--The Hawaii Con will have supposedly a first for a Creation Con...A Jensen/Misha panel.  It will be on a Sunday--those are very cool.

Wasn't this used as an enticement/reward for donation to the YANA campaign? I recall the tempest in a teapot over it when it was announced.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Wasn't this used as an enticement/reward for donation to the YANA campaign? I recall the tempest in a teapot over it when it was announced.

I have no idea on that.

11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

9 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I have no idea on that.

I can't remember that either, but it should be a good panel.  The ones that Jared has done with Misha and Jensen with Misha are usually very entertaining at JIB and a nice change up.

10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think it was a reward nor enticement. They did giveaway one package as a reward. Maybe that is what you are thinking about?

I'll have to find it - there was a reason for the J/M panel at this con when Creation has never done it before, and I'm 99.9% sure it was to do with YANA. There was a lot of... commentary from the Jared/J2 fans over it at the time because they thought it was instead of, not in addition to the J2 panel.

Doesn't really matter though - I'm just glad they are doing it. I hope there's video!

ETA: I think maybe you're right @catrox14 and I'm mixing up the giveaway and the panel in my memory. I looked at the original ticket announcement email and it just says We are also planning a mash-up of interesting panels, photo ops, and surprises to make this convention uniquely special and memorable for all. I still don't recall how/when it was announced that there would be a Jensen/Misha panel - maybe that's why my brain wants to go to it being YANA-related.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll have to find it - there was a reason for the J/M panel at this con when Creation has never done it before, and I'm 99.9% sure it was to do with YANA. There was a lot of... commentary from the Jared/J2 fans over it at the time because they thought it was instead of, not in addition to the J2 panel.

Doesn't really matter though - I'm just glad they are doing it. I hope there's video!

ETA: I think maybe you're right @catrox14 and I'm mixing up the giveaway and the panel in my memory. I looked at the original ticket announcement email and it just says We are also planning a mash-up of interesting panels, photo ops, and surprises to make this convention uniquely special and memorable for all. I still don't recall how/when it was announced that there would be a Jensen/Misha panel - maybe that's why my brain wants to go to it being YANA-related.

Maybe it was just the timing of all of it made it seem like it was for YANA or driven by YANA? Hard to say. I remember the hullabaloo by some of the J2 fans unhappy that Misha and Jensen had a panel. It's not like it was in place of J2 just added on.

I love it when they do different combos.

• Love 1

Are Kim/Briana going to be at this con? Curious what more we will heard about the spin-off. Guessing Alexander won't make his first con until season 13 ends? or have actors appeared at cons for the first time much earlier after their debut season.

I've been reading on Tumblr that the J's have been encouraging Alex to go to the cons, so I have no idea if that's all it takes.  It could all be just conjecture, too.  

As for Wayward, the show hasn't actually been picked up yet, has it? I thought I read that they were "hoping" after the introductory episodes this season they'd get a go ahead to move forward.  I certainly think this one has a much better shot than their last attempt, but I don't know if it's a sure thing, or not.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

Guessing Alexander won't make his first con until season 13 ends? or have actors appeared at cons for the first time much earlier after their debut season.

As I recall, Ty Olsen (Benny) did his first convention the same year his character was introduced. It wasn't until later in the spring though. And, I believe that was the same for Travis Aaron Wade (Cole). 

• Love 1
On 08/11/2017 at 2:02 PM, MysteryGuest said:

I've been reading on Tumblr that the J's have been encouraging Alex to go to the cons, so I have no idea if that's all it takes.  It could all be just conjecture, too.  

As for Wayward, the show hasn't actually been picked up yet, has it? I thought I read that they were "hoping" after the introductory episodes this season they'd get a go ahead to move forward.  I certainly think this one has a much better shot than their last attempt, but I don't know if it's a sure thing, or not.  

Interesting, I guess cons are not for everyone. Like If an actor refused to go, I wouldn't hate on them. Sometimes it isn't for everyone. But I'm hopeful Alex shows up eventually. 

I think this one has a much better shot of happening. Unless it competes with the Sabrina reboot series for a spot next year. However the spin-off could actually be officially picked up alongside a Supernatural Season 14 pickup in February 2018. Remembering the backdoor pilot will have aired by end of January, compared to most backdoor pilots aired in April. So WS has a chance of an early pick-up. We shall just have to wait and see. 

18 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

As I recall, Ty Olsen (Benny) did his first convention the same year his character was introduced. It wasn't until later in the spring though. And, I believe that was the same for Travis Aaron Wade (Cole). 

Thanks for that. Aww, so some do appear earlier.

9 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Jus In Bello just announced Alexander Calvert will be at JIB9. I give credit to those who do it. Knowing every word you say can and will be analyzed to death I don't think I would be comfortable with it. 

If he's going to do one - this seems like the best place to start. JIB seems to be as much fun, if not more, for the guests as it is for the attendees! Less pressure, too.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If he's going to do one - this seems like the best place to start. JIB seems to be as much fun, if not more, for the guests as it is for the attendees! Less pressure, too.

He is doing SFcon and JIB it's on Twitter.

7 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Don't you think that Jensen seems rather cross in this interview, he certainly doesn't seem his usual self IMO.

They start out talking about Jared sweating through his clothes, lol. He's laughing, and playing with the reporters ("and, end quote") and then they are being cute about dressing matchy-matchy. How does he seem cross to you?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Don't you think that Jensen seems rather cross in this interview, he certainly doesn't seem his usual self IMO.

15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They start out talking about Jared sweating through his clothes, lol. He's laughing, and playing with the reporters ("and, end quote") and then they are being cute about dressing matchy-matchy. How does he seem cross to you?

I didn't think he sounded cross, I thought they were just screwing around. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Guess I need to watch again, maybe I should have used the word serious rather than cross , certainly didn't seem lighthearted to me - but as I say I need to watch again as I seem to be way off what others think!

27 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Guess I need to watch again, maybe I should have used the word serious rather than cross , certainly didn't seem lighthearted to me - but as I say I need to watch again as I seem to be way off what others think!

It may be the impression that crossed arms gives off, but Jensen does that a lot when he's talking. Honestly, even without my Jensen-goggles, I don't think he was anything but joking and getting ready for the questions.

• Love 2