Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I can't spot Jensen in that photo.

I think I see Gil McKinney, some other dude, Jared, and that guy next to him looks too tall to be Jensen.

I think it is Jensen beside him. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Diane said:

I think it is Jensen beside him. 

Neither guy looks like Jensen to me. Those don't look like Jensen's legs to me (not skinny enough) and Jensen doesn't have sloping shoulders like that guy. JMHO.

23 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jared did all this knowing Jensen also had to catch a commercial flight right after the con.

Is this just going by what people heard? What’s the source for knowing that Jensen had a commercial flight right after and that Jared knew that? We can all watch the video and see what happened there, but it seems like a big jump from that to say that Jared was inconsiderate of Jensen’s travel plans.

Edited by Jeddah
  • Love 2

Jensen took the pic on Sunday and posted it on Monday. He does that often when he says thanks after cons. The video with JJ was posted on Tuesday but could have been taken on Monday. If Jensen had to catch a flight out on Sunday night then he posted the thank you on Monday. I just don't think there is any reason to think he didn't fly out on Sunday night, especially if Jared was sticking around to have vacation with his family.

9 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

ere, but it seems like a big jump from that to say that Jared was inconsiderate of Jensen’s travel plans.

I don't think it was intentially inconsiderate on Jared's part. I think he got carried away in a moment on stage and it affected everything else.That's how I'm reading the report. I think there is room to say he was being inconsiderate to the attendees at Jensen/Misha panel though especially the woman trying to ask the question.  But that's just how I'm reading the report.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen took the pic on Sunday and posted it on Monday. He does that often when he says thanks after cons. The video with JJ was posted on Tuesday but could have been taken on Monday. If Jensen had to catch a flight out on Sunday night then he posted the thank you on Monday. I just don't think there is any reason to think he didn't fly out on Sunday night, especially if Jared was sticking around to have vacation with his family.

I don't think it was intentially inconsiderate on Jared's part. I think he got carried away in a moment on stage and it affected everything else.That's how I'm reading the report. I think there is room to say he was being inconsiderate to the attendees at Jensen/Misha panel though especially the woman trying to ask the question.  But that's just how I'm reading the report.

I didn't say it was proof either, just like there is no proof whatsoever that he flew out Sunday night. I knew the picture of him was taken on Sunday because of the shirt he is wearing. 

Edited by Diane
  • Love 4

I'm still stuck on that photo.  Even using my industrial strength reading glasses... It just doesn't look like Jensen's shoulders ... or his stance, or his legs.  

Jared has no self-awareness.... he has no clue he was being disrespectful.  It went on way too long. I wish Jensen had pulled the plug sooner. 

Is there a Con this weekend? I'm hoping to see Jensen's tattoo  I hope someone asks him.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm still stuck on that photo.  Even using my industrial strength reading glasses... It just doesn't look like Jensen's shoulders ... or his stance, or his legs.  

Jared has no self-awareness.... he has no clue he was being disrespectful.  It went on way too long. I wish Jensen had pulled the plug sooner. 

Is there a Con this weekend? I'm hoping to see Jensen's tattoo  I hope someone asks him.

Yes, it's in San Fran. I am thinking the guy beside Jared might be Jason Manns?

20 minutes ago, Diane said:

I didn't say it was proof either, just like there is no proof whatsoever that he flew out Sunday night. I knew the picture of him was taken on Sunday because of the shirt he is wearing. 

Maybe he missed his flight ;) 

(I am kidding)

I'm about 75% on that being Jensen beside Jared in the Pearl Harbor pic. But if the pic was taken Monday and he flew out Sunday....  (unless he *did* miss his flight o_O)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I agree with you on all of that! I was just questioning the specific sentence that I quoted, and wondering what the poster’s source was.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe he missed his flight ;) 

(I am kidding)

I'm about 75% on that being Jensen beside Jared in the Pearl Harbor pic. But if the pic was taken Monday and he flew out Sunday....  (unless he *did* miss his flight o_O)

The person who took the picture said that the tour guide was in her way and she couldn't tell if Jensen was there or not.  I will try to find her entire post.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

I agree with you on all of that! I was just questioning the specific sentence that I quoted, and wondering what the poster’s source was

I'm just taking it at face value that  @ILoveReading was at the con and likely overheard discussion from handlers or others that Jensen had to rush the autos because of the 15 minute push back so he could make a flight. I mean that's how I'm taking the report anyway.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The person who took the picture said that the tour guide was in her way and she couldn't tell if Jensen was there or not.  I will try to find her entire post.

tumblr_ozqxptmmiX1rejdwzo3_1280.jpg

1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

tumblr_ozqxptmmiX1rejdwzo4_1280.jpg

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 3

It seems to me that Jensen cannot be verified being at Pearl Harbor with Jared. I mean if he was and fans saw him, why wouldn't someone have said, 'Yes I definitely saw Jensen". We have the person who took the pic unsure if it's him or not, along with conflicting opinion here whether that's him in the pic. Yet we do have a con report saying he had to catch a flight out.  I guess I just don't understand why it's hard to believe that Jensen did have a flight to catch.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

It seems to me that Jensen cannot be verified being at Pearl Harbor with Jared. I mean if he was and fans saw him, why wouldn't someone have said, 'Yes I definitely saw Jensen". We have the person who took the pic unsure if it's him or not, along with conflicting opinion here whether that's him in the pic. Yet we do have a con report saying he had to catch a flight out.  I guess I just don't understand why it's hard to believe that Jensen did have a flight to catch.

My skepticism is from looking at flights leaving that late, none of them arrive in Austin until the next day. Seems silly to leave that late and not get home the same day.  He could fly out in the morning and almost arrive home at the same time.  Who knows, we won't really know what he did anyway. 

Edited by Diane
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Diane said:

My skepticism is from looking at flights leaving that late, none of them arrive in Austin until the next day. Seems silly to leave that late and not get home the same day.  He could fly out in the morning and almost arrive home at the same time.  Who knows, we won't really know what he did anyway. 

I'm sorry to say I didn't research flight arrival and departure times to verify the information brought here. Maybe Jensen  had to be back in Austin on Monday for his other business affairs like maybe stuff with the brewery, so taking a commercial flight that possibly required a layover was the best option and less expensive than taking a private charter or even using Jared's plane. And if Jensen was tired he'd just sleep on the flight anyway I would think.  Maybe he ended up missing his flight and did go to Pearl Harbor and then took a later flight that puts him in Austin on Monday morning. Who knows. It's a mystery apparently!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm sorry to say I didn't research flight arrival and departure times to verify the information brought here. Maybe Jensen  had to be back in Austin on Monday for his other business affairs like maybe stuff with the brewery, so taking a commercial flight that possibly required a layover was the best option and less expensive than taking a private charter or even using Jared's plane. And if Jensen was tired he'd just sleep on the flight anyway I would think.  Maybe he ended up missing his flight and did go to Pearl Harbor and then took a later flight that puts him in Austin on Monday morning. Who knows. It's a mystery apparently!

My last post on this, I didn't do a lot of research on flights, just glanced at them.  Again, we will never really know what he did. 

• Love 2

The source was Clif.

The reason I know is that a group of us got together to get Jensen a gift.  One of our group talked to Clif about the best way to present it.  He mentioned Jensen was flying commercial after the con and it might be best to ship the gift.  During autos we showed Jensen the gift, and the person mentioned she knew he was flying out and probably only had a carry on bag.  Jensen's response was to grin and say it should definitely be shipped. 

As for flights, I can say that with the time changes it can make sense to leave at night.   I flew out at 11:30pm on a Saturday and didn't get home until 2am on Monday.  So sometimes it can make sense to leave later in the night.

I was not trying to say Jared did it deliberately.  Pardon my wording, I was running on 3 hours sleep.  I was just trying to point out some of the unintended consequences of Jared's actions.  

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

The source was Clif.

The reason I know is that a group of us got together to get Jensen a gift.  One of our group talked to Clif about the best way to present it.  He mentioned Jensen was flying commercial after the con and it might be best to ship the gift.  During autos we showed Jensen the gift, and the person mentioned she knew he was flying out and probably only had a carry on bag.  Jensen's response was to grin and say it should definitely be shipped. 

As for flights, I can say that with the time changes it can make sense to leave at night.   I flew out at 11:30pm on a Saturday and didn't get home until 2am on Monday.  So sometimes it can make sense to leave later in the night.

I was not trying to say Jared did it deliberately.  Pardon my wording, I was running on 3 hours sleep.  I was just trying to point out some of the unintended consequences of Jared's actions.  

I agree there were lots of other unintended consequences, and you mentioned many of them. You gave an example in your earlier post about how it interfered with someone else’s flight, so obviously the delay did cause problems.

I still don’t understand what Jared’s antics had to do with Jensen’s flight. Just because he was flying out that night doesn’t mean those 15 minutes made a difference. Did he miss or almost miss his flight? If not, then what does Jared have to do with it?

It sounds like there were plenty of things to criticize Jared for! I just really don’t understand this particular criticism at all.

Edited by Jeddah
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2017 at 10:58 AM, Jeddah said:

Is this just going by what people heard? What’s the source for knowing that Jensen had a commercial flight right after and that Jared knew that? We can all watch the video and see what happened there, but it seems like a big jump from that to say that Jared was inconsiderate of Jensen’s travel plans.

Thank you!  Nice to know I'm not completely (only mostly!  LOL!) crazy and am not the only one who read it that way.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:07 PM, ILoveReading said:

Ah, okay.  This makes sense then.  I agree that, had I been in the audience for Jensen and/or Misha in particular I'm sure I would have been annoyed at Jared's overlong antics.  I like the character Sam, but having never met the actor (or any of them) I can't say personally that I 'like' them or don't 'like' them.  I don't know them.  But I have a hard time believing that he meant for anyone to have a bad con experience by infringing on the panel.  That just seems counter productive since it's my understanding that they pocket some nice change from those things. 

• Love 1

I think there is a faction of fandom that loves to watch the boys have fun on stage, so any sort of antics like the ones described above are welcomed and even encouraged.  Then you have your Jared/Jensen fans, and if you've paid big bucks to see your favorite, I can see that you'd want to see as much of them as possible and could resent when one or the other takes up time from what is supposed to be the other's time.  I certainly don't think it's anything deliberate or intended to ruin anyone's experience, but I can understand how it could be annoying to some.  Sadly, you can't please everyone.  

I do watch most of the con videos, or at least parts of them, and I do think that Jared has been in an especially manic mood lately.  He's always happy and goofy, but it seems to be ramped up a bit.  I have no clue why that might be.  He could be tired, a little hungover, a little bored or just plain slaphappy.  I have to assume that if it truly annoyed Jensen, he'd say something.   

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think there is a faction of fandom that loves to watch the boys have fun on stage, so any sort of antics like the ones described above are welcomed and even encouraged.  Then you have your Jared/Jensen fans, and if you've paid big bucks to see your favorite, I can see that you'd want to see as much of them as possible and could resent when one or the other takes up time from what is supposed to be the other's time.  I certainly don't think it's anything deliberate or intended to ruin anyone's experience, but I can understand how it could be annoying to some.  Sadly, you can't please everyone.  

I do watch most of the con videos, or at least parts of them, and I do think that Jared has been in an especially manic mood lately.  He's always happy and goofy, but it seems to be ramped up a bit.  I have no clue why that might be.  He could be tired, a little hungover, a little bored or just plain slaphappy.  I have to assume that if it truly annoyed Jensen, he'd say something.   

You might not be able to please everyone but you can be considerate of others, like the people who never get their questions answered because of these things, or those that don't even get a chance because of it. Yes, some cutting up is acceptable for a short period of time because the guys deserve a break when they are working but when it's getting longer and longer and interfering with other things and people who are trying to do what they are supposed to do, someone should address it with those who are doing it. 

I've noticed the same thing about Jared as well lately but haven't wanted to say for fear of starting something. Jared getting more manic might be why others aren't addressing it with him because they know more than we do about his state of mind, health, life, etc., but Creation has a business to run and I would be shocked if they didn't address it with him, especially if the last con's patrons complained due to it. OTOH, Jared might also just be not thinking about it and have no clue about how it comes off to some people since there are many who do not see a problem with it. Also, if others, including Creation, are seeing the same thing (that half the people are squee'ing while the other have aren't) they may be reluctant to say anything and will let it continue until it matters to them personally.

I sometimes get the impression that the crew wouldn't say anything to Jared about this regardless because it's just a weekend and not going to change their cash flow anytime soon and MAINLY, they are used to it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Res said:

You might not be able to please everyone but you can be considerate of others, like the people who never get their questions answered because of these things, or those that don't even get a chance because of it. Yes, some cutting up is acceptable for a short period of time because the guys deserve a break when they are working but when it's getting longer and longer and interfering with other things and people who are trying to do what they are supposed to do, someone should address it with those who are doing it. 

I've noticed the same thing about Jared as well lately but haven't wanted to say for fear of starting something. Jared getting more manic might be why others aren't addressing it with him because they know more than we do about his state of mind, health, life, etc., but Creation has a business to run and I would be shocked if they didn't address it with him, especially if the last con's patrons complained due to it. OTOH, Jared might also just be not thinking about it and have no clue about how it comes off to some people since there are many who do not see a problem with it. Also, if others, including Creation, are seeing the same thing (that half the people are squee'ing while the other have aren't) they may be reluctant to say anything and will let it continue until it matters to them personally.

I sometimes get the impression that the crew wouldn't say anything to Jared about this regardless because it's just a weekend and not going to change their cash flow anytime soon and MAINLY, they are used to it.

The guys from the band were taking videos and pictures from behind the curtains of Jared goofing around .  I don't think anyone on stage thought any thing of it.   A lot of people don't get their questions answered and not just because of Jared's antics.  Jensen gives very lengthy detailed answers to technical/directorial/logistical questions and while they are interesting for many fans that means that some fans don't get their chance to talk to the stars.  Jared goofing around/Jensen talking in great detail seems to be their shtick.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen walked over and unplugged the piano. Seems like he had grown tired of it.

I know.  I guess it is all in how you perceive the situation.  I wasn't there and I'm sure some of the fans that were there for the panel might have been peeved but neither Jensen or Misha seemed to be all that put out.  Yes Jensen unplugged Jared but I never got the impression he was in anyway unpset.  If he was all he had to do was walk over and say something to Jared and that would have ended it.  They whisper to each other all the time on stage privately.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Daneel is being cast in a recurring role on Supernatural. Not a fan at all. I don't even know what the role is but it seems gimmicky. Ugh

We are talking about it in the spoilers thread :)

4 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I don't want real spoilers so avoiding. She tweeted about it. Am I the only one not excited about it? 

I too am less than excited about the casting. I’ve never been a fan of nepotism in general and I’m also not fond of her skills as an actress. I don’t want to get into it too much in here as I already discussed my views in depth over in the spoilers thread, but I wanted you to know you’re not alone. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I don't want real spoilers so avoiding. She tweeted about it. Am I the only one not excited about it? 

Fair enough. I'm mixed on it mostly because I think she's a mediocre actor but I don't really care that much. I just don't want her character to end up as a love interest to Dean because for me that would make it gimmicky.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, cuz bringing back long dead characters as AU versions of themselves isn't gimmicky at all. LOL!!!!

To be fair The French Mistake as an entirety was a gimmick and Gen’s re-appearance was a part of that gimmick. Plus it made sense to the gimmick. They wanted to mess about by making an episode based on J2 lives and having the wives involved made sense. However, IMO they’d have still made the episode even if she had declined to star in it just as they still made it in spite of Danneel declining to star. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

To be fair The French Mistake as an entirety was a gimmick and Gen’s re-appearance was a part of that gimmick. Plus it made sense to the gimmick. They wanted to mess about by making an episode based on J2 lives and having the wives involved made sense. However, IMO they’d have still made the episode even if she had declined to star in it just as they still made it in spite of Danneel declining to star. 

LOL, okay, but I was referring to S12/13 on the whole. Good point about TFM though. ;)

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

LOL, okay, but I was referring to S12/13 on the whole. Good point about TFM though. ;)

Ah sorry I thought you were referring to the return of Genevieve for TFM. But yeah if Danneel was ever going to star on the show TFM would have been the best time IMO, as the whole point of the episode was a parody of J2s lives. 

Edited by Wayward Son
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, cuz bringing back long dead characters as AU versions of themselves isn't gimmicky at all. LOL!!!!

For me, there are good gimmicks and bad gimmicks. Some are eye rolley and some are like NO THANK YOU. This would be a no thank you.

For me, it's one thing to cast the spouse of a recurring character like say if they brought over Brandon Routh to play Kelly Kline's ex boyfriend or something (he's married to Courtney Ford IRL). I would roll my eyes at it but I don't care because they are not the lead characters.

If they brought back Genevieve as a love interest to Sam, I would throw the gimmick flag as well. Also, I don't really want to watch real life spouses make out on screen. I still get squicked watching Sam and Ruby LOL. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm 100% into sex scenes but that would feel....too voyeuristic. I don't why it's different for me, it just is. LOL

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Ah sorry I thought you were referring to the return of Genevieve for TFM. But yeah if Danneel was ever going to star on the show TFM would have been the best time IMO, as the whole point of the episode was a parody of J2s lives. 

Just saying, Show is no stranger to gimmicks. Casting Danneel is hardly the worst of them. I'd still call this stunt casting more than anything else.

• Love 1

LOL Jensen.

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Just saying, Show is no stranger to gimmicks. Casting Danneel is hardly the worst of them. I'd still call this stunt casting more than anything else.

Yeah, stunt casting is a better description.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Diane said:

Jared is singing on it, White Christmas

Isn't this from a couple years ago? I thought he was just tweeting it because it's Dec 1st and officially Christmas time.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Isn't this from a couple years ago? I thought he was just tweeting it because it's Dec 1st and officially Christmas time.

Maybe he re-released for the Holidays. Or he derped and it's supposed to be a new one?

Since I don't read spoilers, I have no idea what kind of role Danneel would be playing. I agree with those who don't want the role to be as a love interest for Dean. But I would enjoy seeing Danneel in any other role - even as a foil for the boys. JMO

• Love 1