Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I sort of thought the same thing, catrox. But I don't blame Jensen for sharing. I just hope he sent emails to the other people who made the episode possible, otherwise it's kind of a douchebag move. They work their asses off and the big WB exec only recognizes one of them?  Not cool. 

I have no doubt Jensen received an email. I also have no doubt Jared, Misha, Mark, the production and writing teams also receive emails from Roth. Maybe Jensen actually included everyone else in his remarks to the audience but it's not being put into a report for whatever reasons.   Without video we can't really make our own judgments.

Sea Green ‎@spn_sea_green

Peter Roth - president of WB makes Jensen watch what he says - he's the big boss and writes the cheques! #asylum16

12:20 PM - 8 May 2016

Vera ‎@raths_kitten

Jensen got an email from the WB head. He's reading it off. (Sounds like season20, guys.) #a16 #asylum16

12:21 PM - 8 May 2016

Mrs Mayhem ‎@WaywardLou

Jensen is reading out some amazing feedback from head of Warner Bros tv. #asylum16

Sea Green ‎@spn_sea_green

Got an email from Peter or the yesterday after he watched the finale,thanking him for outstanding work in s11 & looking forward to s12 #a16

Leah ‎@_BellaFam

Jensen just shared with us an email from the boss of Warner Bros. TV!! He LOVES Supernatural and can't wait for S12 #asylum16

12:21 PM - 8 May 2016 · Solihull, England, United Kingdom

starskin ‎@starskin

Head of Warner Bros considers himself part of the SPN Family.

12:22 PM - 8 May 2016

I'd say there was plenty of witnesses.

4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

A: I just went back up and checked and I did miss that part of the tweet...the image was cut off. I didn't read it as Jensen humblebragging, but I wasn't there, so who knows.

That's kind of my point. We aren't there. We don't have a video as of yet so we are relying on another persons interpretation of the event.

Yes, Jensen will share his family life. He'll comment on things about the show that he likes or doesn't like but truly how often have we heard him reading praise about himself to other people and not actually say something like 'I couldn't have done XYZ without the writers and crew blah blah blah"? And that shifting of praise onto others has never seemed insincere to me.

I feel like my comments are getting twisted into something I am not saying. I'm not saying Jensen WAS humblebragging because I don't think he would. I feel like there is something missing from that account that will change my perception of what I'm reading.

The way I understood it is that while he prefaced it by saying he got the email, the content he read was mostly congratulatory about the show and everyone`s work on Season 11. 

And if only Jensen got a personal appreciation email while maybe the showrunner or producer got an all-encompassing one, I wouldn`t mind. If it were up to me, I would print that email out on a stone plate and beat it over the head of the CW and WB promo people. And the writers. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Please do not mistake my side-eying of the reporting as disbelief that Jensen ever rec'd said email. My side-eye was  pinged because I don't think he would have read it just to read praise about himself to con goers since that is what that longer report was focused on but I won't repeat myself because I explained that in my other comments.

I hope there is some better reports WRT to what he exactly said and or better yet a video surfaces.

Again, I never doubted that Roth sent the email.

28 minutes ago, SueB said:

i'd say there was plenty of witnesses.

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

What is making me side-eye is Jensen humblebragging about Roth complimenting his work in the episode. That just seems very different from his normal humility about his work. If the email was mostly about the entire episode and the whole crew IMO Jensen would be happy to share that and maybe that was the case but not listed in the above report. It just doesn't seem like his MO to humblebrag. Again unless it's for a reason, like contract negotiation. 

I think this is a very zero-sum interpretation of Roth's praise for Jensen, and imo it's pretty idiosyncratic to interpret praise in that way (as a passive-aggressive way of *not praising* everyone else involved in the project).

I doubt that it would even occur to Jensen that Roth praising him specifically could be some kind of slight against the rest of the cast and crew. I think Jensen would assume that praise directed at him, for the work he's doing on the show, is also implicitly praise FOR THE SHOW (and everyone else who works on it). Which is why I think it's completely appropriate for him to bring up at an event for/about the show. YMMV.

This is a professional email about Jensen's professional performance, so I think it's completely fine for him to bring it up publicly. There isn't an expectation of privacy the same way there would be if this were an email between friends talking about their friendship/personal lives imo.

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

The way I understood it is that while he prefaced it by saying he got the email, the content he read was mostly congratulatory about the show and everyone`s work on Season 11.

Okay. I did not get that from the report SueB brought over which I read a couple of times. That makes much more sense to me than Jensen reading out an email that was primarily praising his own work. Maybe I just have no reading comprehension anymore.

Edited by catrox14
1 minute ago, rue721 said:

think this is a very zero-sum interpretation of Roth's praise for Jensen, and imo it's pretty idiosyncratic to interpret praise in that way (as a passive-aggressive way of *not praising* everyone else involved in the project).

Please read my other comments and I think you'll understand better what I was getting at. .

I am horrible at links, so I don't know how to bring the link here, or even if I'm allowed to do so, but there was a short clip on Tumblr from Jensen's Q&A where he was talking about how he interpreted a particular scene.  It's apparently in the next episode where he has his confrontation with Chuck/God.  Anyway, he originally read the scene one way, and then thought about it and ended up reading it another way.  He was telling the audience that by doing the scene differently, he learned something about Dean. (I'm absolutely paraphrasing here).  This is when he mentioned receiving calls from some of the writers and emails from others, saying how much they liked the scene.  As is Jensen's way, he also stated that when you're surrounded by talented people, it allows you the freedom to experiment in this way.  I can't say for certain, but considering how similar this conversation is to what is being written about by others, this may be the context of those comments.

• Love 3
On 5/8/2016 at 2:17 PM, Binns said:

Ok, I just saw a storify of Jensen's last solo panel at Asylum and apparently the EP for 50 Shades came to his house to gauge his interest. Wife was super psyched but he didn't pursue it because of SPN. I despise the books (bc I think they are an unhealthy depiction of the dynamic) but...hmmm. Makes me think. 

I really think those movies are not a good career option for anyone, unless they're desperate for work. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I really think those movies are not a good career option for anyone, unless they're desperate for work. 

I kinda agree. I mean, they make lots of money and get their name out there in a very big way, but they also come with certain connotations that its not serious acting within the industry. It all depends on what kind of career Jensen wishes to have once Supernatural is over. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

I kinda agree. I mean, they make lots of money and get their name out there in a very big way, but they also come with certain connotations that its not serious acting within the industry. It all depends on what kind of career Jensen wishes to have once Supernatural is over. 

They also seem to get a serious hate watch component, and then there were the "oh the actors hated each other" speculative stories that went on forever, and so on. I tend to compare them to the Twilight films in that they just create this massive pit of antipathy that no one gets out of. 

5 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

They also seem to get a serious hate watch component, and then there were the "oh the actors hated each other" speculative stories that went on forever, and so on. I tend to compare them to the Twilight films in that they just create this massive pit of antipathy that no one gets out of. 

Well they are Twilight Fanfic. So there you go.

EL James literally cannot write and man somehow she parlayed the shittiest fanfiction ever written into a fortune.

• Love 1

Honestly, I just hope Jensen gets to keep working on things he likes and enjoys. If he wants to do a superhero movie, more power to him, I'll probably go watch it. I just don't think he needs to do it in order to have a career. There are plenty of successful actors who don't do superhero movies and plenty who do. And plus and minuses for either option. Like I said, just depends on what kind of career Jensen wants to have.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Honestly, I just hope Jensen gets to keep working on things he likes and enjoys. If he wants to do a superhero movie, more power to him, I'll probably go watch it. I just don't think he needs to do it in order to have a career. There are plenty of successful actors who don't do superhero movies and plenty who do. And plus and minuses for either option. Like I said, just depends on what kind of career Jensen wants to have.

No, he doesn't NEED to do one for his career but if it's the right vehicle it sure as heck doesn't hurt.

It's not like I want Jensen to leave SPN. I want him to have more recognition for the brilliant actor that he is. I would LOVE for Dean Winchester to be a revered household name like Batman or the Joker. I would be happy for Dean to be the MOST iconic character Jensen will ever play. I want that character and the work Jensen has done to create that character without decent writing half the time, to get recognition via awards for acting etc but since the CW is home to SPN and the damn network barely promotes it, doesn't submit for Emmys et al, that is unlikely to happen.

So sure, yep I'll take him being awesome and a part of the most popular franchises of all time, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Star Trek, I'm not picky. Heck if there was a way for Supernatural become that kind of franchise without destroying it's heart and soul (I"m looking at you, Bloodlines) I would be tickled pink. But that's unlikely as well.

So for me if he can't be recognized for his work as Dean then I'll take it for other work he may do. Jensen might not give two hoots about that stuff and his reasons for his career are his business.  I'm just a lowly fangirl and fuck yeah I want that for him.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

There's a reason Charlie Hunnam backed out...

• Love 1

I'm very glad he skipped on 50 Shades...that was a dog.  And I agree, Catrox, it was written at about a 3rd grade level.  I have no issue with erotica or anything like that, but that was just plain bad.  But she's laughing all the way to the bank, so I guess the joke's on me.

I'm not a fan of superhero or comic book movies, so I have no desire to see Jensen in one of those.  But I certainly wouldn't mind if he took on a nice indie role in a film or something like that.  I absolutely think he's talented enough to do whatever he wants to do.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Ha! Speak of the devil. :)

I'm not so sure I dig the Van Dyke on Jensen.

Interesting he changed his Twitter bio

from

Husband. Father. Actor. Director.

Jensen AcklesVerified account

@JensenAckles

Supernatural hunter. on T.V. and in life.

probably on a plane

Edited by catrox14
Can't get rid of the weird other link. Sorry
(edited)

This is the VFX dude for SPN.I have no idea if he's talking about the SPN fandom or fandom in general. Like this seems....not good? This is weird. Like I just need to know what this is about...

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

Whoa....okay I see what is going on. Holy Hell. I think VFX dude is mocking Travis Aaron Wade aka Cole. Wow, there are  lot of reports of Wade sexually harrassing con attendees and then harrassing them on Twitter.  Dafuq? This is nuts.

I remember reading his twitter feed a long time ago and he was saying weird things and then claiming he got hacked and he irritated me so I stopped following him. But this seems legit. Egads.

Edited by catrox14

It's one thing if it's all in fandom but now someone from the show is commenting. Even if the allegations aren't  true the way he's handling it is terrible. His face better not EVER be on SPN again.

Just now, Binns said:

Oohhh, I get what you are saying @catrox14. He's pretending to be TAW whining? 

I think so? I sure hope so. Because Adam is doing a fandom documentary and I would hope he's not saying it about fandom.

I think you're right. He says something about a C&D order and a cursory search of TAW on Twitter shows that TAW just sent one today to a minor. How he got her address who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Binns said:

I think you're right. He says something about a C&D order and a cursory search of TAW on Twitter shows that TAW just sent one today to a minor. How he got her address who knows. 

That dude is fucked up. That's creepy.

About the kickstarter for the Austin City Limits project Jensen mentioned in the FB airport video he posted yesterday: I checked it right after Jensen posted his video and they needed 35k with 5 days to go. I just checked it again like 5 minutes ago and they hit their goal almost overnight since Jensen posted his little video. Causation? Correlation?.. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'...

• Love 3

I don't get the whole TAW thing.  He's going to Jibcon with SPN, so wouldn't they disassociate themselves if there were an issue?  I'm no fan of the guy because I don't think he's a very good actor, but are we sure there's something going on with him?

(edited)
38 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I don't get the whole TAW thing.  He's going to Jibcon with SPN, so wouldn't they disassociate themselves if there were an issue?  I'm no fan of the guy because I don't think he's a very good actor, but are we sure there's something going on with him?

The con organizers decide on the guests but if they get complaints Creation can dump him. JIBcon organizer received complaints when he was recently added to JIBcon. Those cons are a job for the actors. Doesn't mean he's friends with any of them really. And even he admitted that Clif had him kicked off the Creation circuit but that he talked to Jared who talked to Clif and I guess that got sorted.

I dunno, I read the storify on it and it's really looking pretty shady for him. Unless it's a conspiracy from several convention goers over the course of a year or more. And he's a low level actor, so why waste their time making up a conspiracy over this dude? JMHO.

Edited by catrox14