Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

If you guys are up for it next year, let me know.  I'm on year two of GISHWHES.  It's a wild list.  My favorite is "bake bread in the shape of Carrie Fisher's head in her Princess Leia buns".  

• Love 1

Aren't you supposed to be on teams? I wish we had talked about this months ago--then we could be spamming SPN stars on Twitter with dorky My Pretty Ponies, too! ;-)

I just didn't want to do it with people I didn't "know"...

Everyone looks at the list and decides which tasks they are able to do.  They tell the group what they would like to do and that person does it.  Only one person can do the task.  There are over 200 items listed.  Some of which you have to be in a certain country, so not every item gets done by the team.  This year involves being at the Great Wall of China, near a glacier, Times Square and Great Britain.  If your team happens to have people in all those countries, your team should be doing quite well. They seem to be more concerned about the quality of what gets done over how much gets done.  That's what they keep telling us anyway.   

I signed up alone because I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to do this.  It would go more easily if you had someone near you to team up with, but the people who have showed up to play so far have been very nice and polite.  If you are signing up alone, they will find a team to put you on.  

• Love 1

Ahem.  I tried to get people involved, but everyone ignored me ;-), so....

It's that time of year again!

https://www.gishwhes.com

You can sign up as a team or sign up individually -- and they'll put you on a team.

C'mon.  You know you've thought of doing it.  You're so tempted.  I mean, really, what's the harm?  It's for a good cause!  Even if you don't come close to winning, it's about fun and doing something great.

And who can say no to that?  ;-)

Can we set up a GISHWHES thread, maybe in the game section?  

• Love 3

To be fair, that was like a week before my mom passed away, so I was a little distracted. I'm not even sure I even saw that post. Set up a weekly reminder next time!

Hah! I signed up here after you posted that! I am innocent! See my halo?

...next year...

I want to make a raft out of empty plastic bottles so bad. :-)

I'm doing that one this year!  I'll let you know how it goes.

• Love 1

This summer I have been in major pain, I'm just now getting where I can walk for short periods of time, so although I may have seen it, I couldn't see adding anything to my plate, so next year let's look at it.  I say create a thread, if the game section is the right place and those that are doing it, let us know what you have to do or what your having fun doing.  That will allow for those in the ? marks to get off the line so to speak.  I would be more game with a group. 

• Love 2

I'm way older than I care to admit to, yet I'm on Twitter tweeting My Little Pony  and asking Bruno Mars to publicly proclaim his love for Supernatural. Not surprisingly, I heard from neither. I'm going to make another MLP tomorrow and tweet it to Alton Brown.  

• Love 3

So Jensen and Jared are both on instagram now.

Jensen is JensenAckles. Don't be fooled by all the other ones

Jensen AcklesVerified account ‏@JensenAckles

In an effort 2 squash some posers, my daughter is helping me start an Instagram profile. Chk it out. Hint: it's just my name

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/630149192837541888

Jared is JaredPadalecki
Misha is OfficialMisha

Edited by catrox14

LOL I was literally just coming to post that. 

I mean it's so cute and adorable and wonderful..and he's all smiley...and it's SOOO CUTE....

But then all I can see are ARMS....and shoulders...oh. my. God. 

and then wet board shorts....

I just......

help

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

LOL I was literally just coming to post that. 

I mean it's so cute and adorable and wonderful..and he's all smiley...and it's SOOO CUTE....

But then all I can see are ARMS....and shoulders...oh. my. God. 

and then wet board shorts....

I just......

help

I swear that picture is just too gorgeous. Jensen says he doesn't work out? Look at those arms and shoulders???

Edited by MYFAKETVBOYFRIEND

Saw this and recall someone asking for it a while back.

Gag reel from the Hillywood Show parody: 

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's chalked full of silliness.

Edited by DittyDotDot

I want to make a raft out of empty plastic bottles so bad. :-)

Oh THAAAAAAAAAT explains it! I was driving back in from Alabama yesterday and saw this bizarre bundle of plastic milk jugs (that were all strung together somehow) lying on the side of the highway. It loooooooked like a raft, but who would be building a little raft out of plastic milk jugs? I've been trying to figure out what was up with it -- but now I bet it was somebody's GISHWHES project!

I helped out a GISHWHES team last year (even though I wasn't on a team myself) -- they needed someone to go into Baltimore to give flowers to Misha's grandma. She lives in my old neighborhood! Right across from my old Giant! So I volunteered. She was very gracious and sweet, but I was shy as hell and said no to a picture with her. :P

If any of you who are playing this year needs a volunteer for a task or two, go ahead and post what you need and I'll help if I can.

Also, can we still form a team, or is it closed now?

Edited by rue721

Sorry to dredge up another old/old-ish conversation. I just got back home and am still trying to catch up!

But I have to comment on that video of Stephen Amell and JP at JP's house, even though it was posted a couple weeks ago at this point -- because it cracked up me up laughing and made someone look at me funny (I'm at the library because my internet at home has been spotty. So yeah, I am that annoying person sitting in the library CLEARLY just watching TV and futzing around, not doing any work. Hence people looking at me funny. But at least I'm not that dude who comes in here and takes a DESKTOP out of his backpack, sets it up on part of the radiator, and starts GAMING on his gigantic screen in the middle of the library! Though tbh I admire his chutzpah/determination/ingenuity. And consistency -- I've seen him in here at least a handful of times, and it's not like I'm here all that often). ANYWAY.

So, apparently Stephen Amell aka Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow is hanging out with Jared. This was pretty funny.  My head!canon is that Jensen is filming this.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/895864877165447/?fallback=1

That wine cellar is ridiculous! Why does he have that? Wouldn't it make you feel like....Idk, a supervillain or something to have such an OTT place in your house? This makes me wonder what other random parts of his house are like. Did he put up gold gilt wallpaper in his crawlspaces or stud his toilet paper holder with semi-precious stones, too?

Edited by rue721

Sorry to dredge up another old/old-ish conversation. I just got back home and am still trying to catch up!

But I have to comment on that video of Stephen Amell and JP at JP's house, even though it was posted a couple weeks ago at this point -- because it cracked up me up laughing and made someone look at me funny (I'm at the library because my internet at home has been spotty. So yeah, I am that annoying person sitting in the library CLEARLY just watching TV and futzing around, not doing any work. Hence people looking at me funny. But at least I'm not that dude who comes in here and takes a DESKTOP out of his backpack, sets it up on part of the radiator, and starts GAMING on his gigantic screen in the middle of the library! Though tbh I admire his chutzpah/determination/ingenuity. And consistency -- I've seen him in here at least a handful of times, and it's not like I'm here all that often). ANYWAY.

That wine cellar is ridiculous! Why does he have that? Wouldn't it make you feel like....Idk, a supervillain or something to have such an OTT place in your house? This makes me wonder what other random parts of his house are like. Did he put up gold gilt wallpaper in his crawlspaces or stud his toilet paper holder with semi-precious stones, too?

He's a wine connoiseur.  He's trying to start a wine company or may already have with Jensen. I don't think it's that OTT at all. It's really no bigger than a walk in closet that many people have in their own homes and it seemed not overly ostenatious to me.  If I made enough money to afford a house like that why not?

• Love 1

I've worked in multi-dining room "fine dining" restaurants with sommelier-managed wine collections, and they have all had less ostentatious wine storage than JP does at his house. LOL.

He can do what he wants with his money, but there is no way that that wine cellar doesn't qualify as OTT.

ETA

One of those restaurants did have a showcase wine cellar that people could buy out for special events. That wine cellar was probably the closest to what JP has.

Though, in that showcase cellar -- since the part of the wine cellar that actually stored the wine had to be refrigerated, the wine was separated from the seating/table (the part that you could buy out to hold fancy private tastings/events/parties/meals) by a floor-to-ceiling glass panel (which also had glass doors built in). So when you were at the table and looking at the showcase cellar, it was kiiiiiiinda like being in the frozen foods aisle of the grocery store. Except overly fancy.

Edited by rue721

Oh THAAAAAAAAAT explains it! I was driving back in from Alabama yesterday and saw this bizarre bundle of plastic milk jugs (that were all strung together somehow) lying on the side of the highway. It loooooooked like a raft, but who would be building a little raft out of plastic milk jugs? I've been trying to figure out what was up with it -- but now I bet it was somebody's GISHWHES project!

I helped out a GISHWHES team last year (even though I wasn't on a team myself) -- they needed someone to go into Baltimore to give flowers to Misha's grandma. She lives in my old neighborhood! Right across from my old Giant! So I volunteered. She was very gracious and sweet, but I was shy as hell and said no to a picture with her. :P

If any of you who are playing this year needs a volunteer for a task or two, go ahead and post what you need and I'll help if I can.

Also, can we still form a team, or is it closed now?

Bringing flowers to Misha's grandmother sounds really sweet.  

The hunt ended on Saturday. 

I've worked in multi-dining room "fine dining" restaurants with sommelier-managed wine collections, and they have all had less ostentatious wine storage than JP does at his house. LOL.

He can do what he wants with his money, but there is no way that that wine cellar doesn't qualify as OTT.

ETA

One of those restaurants did have a showcase wine cellar that people could buy out for special events. That wine cellar was probably the closest to what JP has.

Though, in that showcase cellar -- since the part of the wine cellar that actually stored the wine had to be refrigerated, the wine was separated from the seating/table (the part that you could buy out to hold fancy private tastings and stuff) by a floor-to-ceiling glass panel (which also had glass doors built in). So when you were at the table and looking at the showcase cellar, it was kiiiiiiinda like being in the frozen foods aisle of the grocery store. Except overly fancy.

It didn't strike me as that OTT personally. I thought it was tasteful. But I think his house is tasteful in that big Texas way.  Nothing out of the ordinary to me

But seriously. How can just him sleeping in Baby be so damn hot???

I can only assume it's because Dean is sleeping with his true love.  I guess. I dunno...but lordy...../swoon

IA...I just saw it on facebook and his message was

Hey Jared Padalecki enjoy ur time on the lake...I'll just be here then.

People are commenting...I'll just wait here then.  lol

I was suppose to be doing something...I keep forgetting...

• Love 2

Jensen just posted a bunch of pictures of the original Impala:

https://www.facebook.com/JensenAckles

ETA:

While filming yesterday I noticed an old hollowed out car sitting off in the background. I wandered over and there she was. 10 years later. The ORIGINAL Impala from season 1. The one that got hit by the truck in the finale. That's right, we still have her. I had no idea. It's been over a decade since I've seen this car, and yet she's still here...hiding in the shadows. I guess you're never really dead on this show. ‪#‎Nostalgia‬ ‪#‎Baby‬

m6OwyQr.jpg

IuRNa6N.jpg

NFTZM69.jpg

xs0zI0K.jpg

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 5

Awwww.  That's quite romantic.

You know this just really bookends for lack of a better word just how remarkable this show is. Like why did someone keep that car after it was totaled? I like to think it was Kim Manners who didn't want it taken away.

IMO it's love. 

And IMO that love is reflected in the beauty of the show. The care and attention to detail with Serge LaDouceur's cinematography and Jerry Wanek's set design is always first rate and IMO cinematic in scope.  The acting overall is rarely bad even with guest roles. The show is always beautiful even with the shift to a stronger color palette and a shift to digital not film stock.  The care and detail IMO reflects that these people, the cast, the crew, the producers, the writers (who sometimes fail us IMO) do love this show.

Sorry that just gave me some feels.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Hey, catrox, totally agree with you. Ten years, wow!! I certainly hope that they give Jensen the souped-up Impala that he now drives when the series ends. I think he's earned it. On another topic, (but including Baby) in the Fan Fiction episode, right after that ingenious title card, Dean polishing her engine and then that slow walk to the back of the car is a real fan tribute to Dean girls especially. When I was re-watching recently, it struck me how "un-Supernatural" like that shot was. And thank you!!!!

• Love 1

I have to say I think Dean is objectified pretty much every episode. I mean how many actors would really let themselves be filmed in the way most women are filmed.  Like the long pan over his legs and rear in Phantom Traveler. Or that shot you mentioned, FlickChick. I'm not complaining mind you....just saying it's interesting. 

He's just so damn beautiful and I'm glad we get to have it.

• Love 1

LOOOOOOL

Misha linked to this GISHer item.

On Supernatural Season 50:

Castiel is determined to locate Sam and Dean's bodies, with the help of his campground friends.

VuTwcKT.jpg

I'm dead just dead.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2