S30: Trevor & Chris

Geenee
  • Start Topic

ebd012dab24823c7_ar30_trevor_chris_800x1

Name: Trevor Wadleigh

Instagram: @tdwadleigh

Hometown: New York, New York

Current occupation: Musician

Describe what you do: Touring violinist/violist in the string quartet Well-Strung, a classical string quartet that marries together pop and classical music in an entertaining and approachable way.

Three words to describe you: Perceptive, playful, and dry.

Favorite hobbies: Concerts, hanging out with puppies, getting in meme wars, and being outdoors.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Starting and developing our company/band and having it thrive for five years.

What scares you most about traveling?
Forgetting my violin in a cab or losing my passport.

What excites you most about traveling?
Boundless opportunities for enlightenment via new people and cultures.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
I'd most like to visit Japan. As a westerner and never having been anywhere in Asia, I'd be thrilled to have the opportunity to be immersed in such a beautiful and rich culture.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
We've kicked ass together in music for a while now. It'll be fun to use our skill sets in innumerable other ways. Chris is definitely the yin to my yang. We complement one another's shortcomings exceedingly well.

Name: Chris Marchant

Instagram: @chrisjmarchant
Twitter: @chrisjmarchant

Hometown: New York, New York

Current occupation: Musician

Describe what you do: I perform as part of the singing string quartet Well-Strung. We travel all over the country and world, performing approximately 120 shows a year. Our favorite thing to do with music is combine classical music with the pop music of today.

Three words to describe you: Perseverant, pragmatic, and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: Games of any kind, going to concerts and musicals, traveling, and escape rooms.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
I've been performing with and helping Well-Strung form and grow from the very beginning. I'm so proud to be part of a group of such talented men.

What scares you most about traveling?
You're always opening yourself up to the possibility of disasters when traveling. It's impossible to be prepared for everything.

What excites you most about traveling?
I love exploring. I love experiencing different customs and connecting with people wherever I go.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
I've never been anywhere in Asia so I'd welcome any opportunity to change that. I've also not been to Africa and I'd love to see the Serengeti.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
I'm excited to do this race with Trevor. He and I push each other in life, both musically and intellectually. I want to put all the skills we've been using in life together to the test in The Amazing Race.

I was surprised how sad I was to see this team get eliminated. If there's another Unfinished Business season, I'd be okay with seeing them come back. For whatever reason, I think they were better racers than their actual finishes would seem to indicate.

I'm curious how far behind Cody and Jessica they were when they arrived at the mat. They seemed to knock both sides of that detour out pretty quickly (though I suppose the editors always make it seem that way), so it looked like it was close. If it had been a leg with more self-navigation, they might have survived (assuming their own navigation was good—I saw an interview where they admitted that it wasn't there strong point). Only Lucas and Brittany massively changed positions that leg (going from first to fifth). Aside from that, everyone arrived at the mat in the same order they started the leg in.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:12 PM, Hera said:

I was surprised how sad I was to see this team get eliminated. If there's another Unfinished Business season, I'd be okay with seeing them come back. For whatever reason, I think they were better racers than their actual finishes would seem to indicate.

I'm curious how far behind Cody and Jessica they were when they arrived at the mat. They seemed to knock both sides of that detour out pretty quickly (though I suppose the editors always make it seem that way), so it looked like it was close. If it had been a leg with more self-navigation, they might have survived (assuming their own navigation was good—I saw an interview where they admitted that it wasn't there strong point). Only Lucas and Brittany massively changed positions that leg (going from first to fifth). Aside from that, everyone arrived at the mat in the same order they started the leg in.

I totally agree, they were my favorite team.  The fact that Team BB decided to UTurn them was definitely a negative in my book.  In all honesty they should make the NEL the UTurn legs.  The UTurned team still has a speed bump next leg if they are last but it will add to the inter team drama right?