Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Who Let the Dog Out ('Cause Now It's stuck in a Cistern)

24 MINUTES AGO, THEWHITEOWL SAID:

the team tries to rescue a dog stuck in a cistern.

Didn't they do this previously? There was that episode that started with Walter and Paige having a picnic on what looke like the beach at Big Sur. Or was that a boy they rescued? I guess with human depravity being so much front and center in the news lately, rescuing puppies is a safer bet. Heh. With the way humanity's going, maybe we should expect to see all puppies all the time soon on TV. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Have these "geniuses" ever figured out the easy solution to a puzzle?  So Walter was able to get down in that other pipe and got to within a foot of the little dog, but a steel grate separated him from doggy.  Wouldn't the easiest (and safest) rescue have been to take a cutting torch or "jaws of life" down to the grate and cut or force it open?  They had time for Flo  (sorry--Florence) to cook up some chemical gook to quicken the cement hardening, and they were only 9 blocks from their HQ, so surely Happy could have retrieved (or built) a suitable cutting torch.  In fact, I'm certain that those firefighters would have had equipment capable of getting through that grating.  Even a simple hacksaw could have solved the problem. 

And the fire truck had to be prevented from driving onto that lot because the funny soil would collapse the cistern?  Those wells have likely been there for 75 to 100 years or more.  In all those years, not once has anything larger than a small car been driven onto that vacant lot? 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

Cabe's presents got me. This show is ridiculous but that's why I love it.

Agreed on all counts. I wonder what Cabe's gift to Ralph would have been, because I refuse to believe that Cabe completely forgot about Ralph. 

I knew Cabe wasn't going to jail, and I knew that the Homeland agent would see Team Scorpion in action and give them the certification/approval they needed, but it was still fun to watch. It's basically a 1980s action/adventure series with modern technology. 

Also, the dog was adorable. He reminded me of what Wishbone must have looked like as puppy. 

• Love 3

It seemed strange to me that Cabe would go back to his job like nothing happened. It was his own boss that was trying so hard to get him put in prison for 7 years. There has got to be some bad blood between them. It would be funny if Cabe's boss was the one taking bribes from Mark Collins.

• Love 1

It was puzzling to me that the entire exchange with the judge that he wouldn't be swayed by emotional arguments and just needed facts would be at all necessary. I know it's Happy and Walter who are the "robots" and Sly has always been pretty in touch with his feelings...but... Mr. Math wasn't going straight for the whole "he believed it to be torture" angle from the get-go? Facts are his jam. He should've been chock full of facts anyway, not thrown off by a demand for facts. It also seemed like Mr. Photographic Memory read that 200 year old maritime case some other time and only brought it to the forefront of his mind when dude said "island". Is that what they want us to believe? So he did all that research and didn't immediately make note of case about letting prisoners go and not being held accountable? Even if he couldn't have made the island argument from the get go it's weird he didn't have that more...ready. Whole thing felt forced. Puppy thing had its funny moments, but this whole episode felt like a giant "sit around and wait 40 minutes until we eliminate the entire utter lack of suspense as to whether Cabe will (of course he will) get off scot-free.

I liked Florence in this episode. It might be because I like Tina Majorino

Cabe's verdict was a foregone conclusion, imagine if they had been like okay, he's guilty, but he has to perform community service/pay a fine/has a suspended prison sentence until he finds Collins (then of course something would happen in the course of that to make the verdict be revisited and get dropped)

On 12/14/2017 at 11:39 PM, theatremouse said:

It also seemed like Mr. Photographic Memory read that 200 year old maritime case some other time and only brought it to the forefront of his mind when dude said "island".

This happens every episode and on every TV show ever made. Somebody says a word or phrase that triggers some brilliant idea that saves the day at the very last second. This particular show does it about 5 times an episode.

• Love 1

Yes it does, and I'm saying it's especially shitty writing in this context. This show has a better reason than most for doing it (in general): characters with purported photographic memories and encyclopedic knowledge of esoteric shit. So it's more likely they'd have those stupid "google in your own brain" moments, but this one is especially moronic because Sly was preparing for the damn case for weeks in advance. It's not something that just exploded in his face literally and he had to have some word triggered ah-ha moment in the heat of a crisis to think of an answer. He literally did research up front. Lots of it. He should've had that shit at the ready. There were zero surprises in the courtroom, so for him to need to surprise himself was even more silly and annoying to me than the usual silly and annoying that is this show.

On 12/12/2017 at 0:28 AM, UncleChuck said:

Wouldn't the easiest (and safest) rescue have been to take a cutting torch or "jaws of life" down to the grate and cut or force it open?  They had time for Flo  (sorry--Florence) to cook up some chemical gook to quicken the cement hardening, and they were only 9 blocks from their HQ, so surely Happy could have retrieved (or built) a suitable cutting torch.  In fact, I'm certain that those firefighters would have had equipment capable of getting through that grating.  Even a simple hacksaw could have solved the problem. 

Thank you! The whole time I was watching that scene I thought 1 - Why don't they just cut that grate? 2 - Why doesn't the lady with the shot go down there and give the dog the shot through the grate?  I'm sure he'd come close to her since it is her dog.  

• Love 2
On 12/18/2017 at 1:05 PM, joanne3482 said:

Thank you! The whole time I was watching that scene I thought 1 - Why don't they just cut that grate? 2 - Why doesn't the lady with the shot go down there and give the dog the shot through the grate?  I'm sure he'd come close to her since it is her dog.  

The dog broke its leg so that is why they were saying it couldn't come closer