Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Knightfall

Recommended Posts

What a riduclous ending. After all the hushed talk and machinations and death to obtain the Holy Grail they just smash it into pieces. Then a bad guy sneaks into the wagon....gets the Grail....scratches on the bottom.... And reveals a piece of paper with something written in Aramaic on it. What was that?

The bill for the Last Supper?

"Okay Judas had the falafel but who had the brisket?"

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎29‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 8:46 PM, ctlady said:

Honestly, when Joan chose Isabella to be recompense for her cousin losing her son I was SO ready for the 'little strumpet' to bite it. 

I think Joan chose Isabella because she wasn't present, so there was time to save her. 

Plus, Isabella was guilty of Lluis's death. She was a very foolish girl who acted without thinking. Even if Lluis had told her mother that he had made love with Isabella, it would have been better to marry him, rather than some other man to whom there would be problems straightaway because Isabella wasn't a virgin.

Irl, there was no problem. Isabella and Llois were betrothed and after they had made love, according to the canon law  they *were* married. 

On ‎9‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 6:58 AM, green said:

Phillip seemed a fairly nice guy most of the season.  Certainty he was the one betrayed and hurt by the his wife and bestest friend ever.   They only "dirtied" Phillip up the last few episodes.  I know all this was filmed way before it aired but it was almost like the writer finally saw the future and knew they had to suddenly make Landry look less horrible than he really is so decided to quickly make Phillip into an abusive husband type and by contrast try to make Landry look better.  Too obvious an attempt to re-write the show at the last minute.

 

I don't think Philip was "dirtied". Even a decent man who is betrayed both by his wife and his best friend and a king often wants revenge. Only a saint wouldn't. Philip was decent even in it that he didn't believe straightaway but wanted evidence. 

Only that Philip made the affair public wasn't quite believable. For king who is cuckolded becomes a laughingstock: how can he manage his realm if he can't even manage his wife? Well, perhaps it was that's why because his revenge was so bloody. 

Edited by Roseanna · Reason: correcting grammar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So the second season premiere aired last night.  I guess I haven't been following closely because I didn't see any media articles about it... I only noticed it was airing when I checked by DVR and it was in the process of recording.  Will have to watch later this week and see if it has improved any.

My questions so far are 1) Did Lord Gillingham's acting improve (probably not) and 2) Did the King get a better hairstyle (probably not).

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

So the second season premiere aired last night.  I guess I haven't been following closely because I didn't see any media articles about it... I only noticed it was airing when I checked by DVR and it was in the process of recording.  Will have to watch later this week and see if it has improved any.

My questions so far are 1) Did Lord Gillingham's acting improve (probably not) and 2) Did the King get a better hairstyle (probably not).

What channel? And is the lead guy still a piece o deadwood?

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed the episode last night. It was helpful that they showed a bit how last season ended to refresh the story line.  The King grew a beard and looked different.  Mark Hamill did great, looking forward to more.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed it. Looks like Morley also got recasted. Same with the villain. Unless it's been so long I fogirt the original actors.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, rmontro said:

This was my take on it:  That was the grail, and the note was a list of names with Landry's name at the end of it.  I'm assuming this was the lineage of Christ from a supposed marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. 

This explains why the Pope changed his mind and let Landry go - because he knew he was Christ's descendant.  It also explains how the grail was more than just a cup, and how what Landry's mother said would change what the Pope knew of God.

Another evidence that it was the real grail:  It failed to heal Queen Joan, but it saved the life of their unborn daughter.

Just saw this, good point. 

On 11/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, Roseanna said:

That's right. The man had a right to sleep with his wife, and she had no right say no. He visited her, not vice versa.

Most of all, they had only one daughter, and the king needed a son. Even if he didn't like to sleep with her, his duty was to do so.

If the Queen couldn't bear a son, she was put in a nunnery. 

Season 2 kinda ends that. They do have a son.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Watched the season premiere.  I think having a new showrunner has done this show a lot of good.  The writing seemed a lot tighter.  There were no puzzlingly useless characters like the Jewish girl from last season.  And dare I say it, but I do think the acting of the actor who plays Landry has improved.

I don't care for the return of Gawain (can't stand him and his pissy attitude) or the new Isabella.  Not sure why the character was recast, maybe they thought the one from last season was too weak and didn't live up the role of someone who would come to be known in history as the She Wolf of France.  I don't like the French prince.  No real explanation for his sudden reappearance other than he's been toiling around in the south.  I could have sworn that last season the king was desperate for a male heir?  Or am I making this up.  In any event, he's crazy for digging up the corpse of his mother.  I think he did that on his own, right?  The king does look much better with a short haircut and a beard.

Will be interesting to see how Landry and Luke Skywalker get on.  Luke seemed to respect the fact that he was flagellating himself with the cat o nine tails despite being told to leave.

My complaints are that 1) why does everything have to be so dark?  I get that it's medieval times and there is no indoor lighting, but surely they could have had more torches or something.  Or filmed more scenes during daylight.  I couldn't even tell who died in that fight to recover the gold.

2) Too many people look the same.  All the Templars with the long hair look the same.  The guy Berengar who was the first to speak to deny Landry admittance to Chartres... isn't he the one that smashed the Grail last season and found the paper?  Which is suggested to indicate that Landry is a direct descendant of Jesus Christ?  So he knows this about Landry and still is so against him?  All of the Initiates with the buzz cuts look the same.  Too many blondes or light brown haired ones.  

2 hours ago, Stallion12 said:

I enjoyed it. Looks like Morley also got recasted. Same with the villain. Unless it's been so long I fogirt the original actors.

Not sure who you are referring to?  I don't remember a Morley.  And I'm not sure which villain.. do you mean De Nogaret (who Ilike to call De Nougat or De Nacho)?  I think it's the same actor... he just got a haircut or something so looks a little different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Stallion12 said:

Just saw this, good point. 

Thanks for saying that.  It seemed like such a major plot point, and it was kind of driving me crazy that no one was discussing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Stallion12 said:

I meant Jacques de Molay.

And yes, I also meant Nogaret when I said villian.

Yes, Jaques de Morlay is being played by a different actor while de Nogaret is beardless. IIRC, the actress who played Isabella last year could only commit to one season hence the change. IRL , Phillipe and Joan had four children. She died while pregnant with the fifth. Even then the rumour was that he killed her. Phillipe is historically known as being quite cruel. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the second episode, and although I enjoyed it, I am having some trouble figuring out what is going on.  I think part of the problem is that I am still having trouble distinguishing the Long Hairs from each other and the Initiates from each other.  And it doesn't help when everything is so dark that I can't tell what is happening.

1)  One of the blond Initiates... I believe he was the one that scrambled up the human ladder last.  Was he also the one that was caught with the scroll from his mom?  And was he the one that died?

2)  Was the leader of the cult in the woods the same Templar who hates Landry the most, Berengar?  What was the purpose of branding him with a cross?  Wouldn't the Grand Master or Talus find out?

3)  Why did the Templars only send four people into the woods to look for the cultists, and why hasn't anyone wondered where they are?

4)  Is the French prince the one who killed the priest and stole the list of names of babies?  Is he actually going around now killing babies, and if so, why?  I didn't understand this part at all.

5) I understand that De Nogaret is the child of the couple who was burned by the then Father Benedetto now Pope Boniface.  Is the Long Hair with De Nogaret the former Templar Gawain?  Somebody please remind me why Gawain is no longer a Templar.  What is De Nogaret's purpose in killing Boniface other than personal revenge?  Is it because the Pope said that all men must obey him and Phillip doesn't want to obey?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

I watched the second episode, and although I enjoyed it, I am having some trouble figuring out what is going on.  I think part of the problem is that I am still having trouble distinguishing the Long Hairs from each other and the Initiates from each other.  And it doesn't help when everything is so dark that I can't tell what is happening.

1)  One of the blond Initiates... I believe he was the one that scrambled up the human ladder last.  Was he also the one that was caught with the scroll from his mom?  And was he the one that died?

2)  Was the leader of the cult in the woods the same Templar who hates Landry the most, Berengar?  What was the purpose of branding him with a cross?  Wouldn't the Grand Master or Talus find out?

3)  Why did the Templars only send four people into the woods to look for the cultists, and why hasn't anyone wondered where they are?

4)  Is the French prince the one who killed the priest and stole the list of names of babies?  Is he actually going around now killing babies, and if so, why?  I didn't understand this part at all.

5) I understand that De Nogaret is the child of the couple who was burned by the then Father Benedetto now Pope Boniface.  Is the Long Hair with De Nogaret the former Templar Gawain?  Somebody please remind me why Gawain is no longer a Templar.  What is De Nogaret's purpose in killing Boniface other than personal revenge?  Is it because the Pope said that all men must obey him and Phillip doesn't want to obey?

1)  The blonde guy's name is Rhone, he climbed the ladder and had the scroll from his mother, but he's not the one who died.  That guy's name was Quentin.

2)  It was too dark for me to tell who the cult leader was.  I guess they branded him to drive the devil out of him.  Since Landry won't rat on them, I guess Talus won't find out.

3)  I think they were just supposed to scout out the location of the devil worshippers, so it was a light party.

4)  The prince is killing the babies, presumably under the order of the king.  Because the king's wife was pregnant with Landry's child.  Landry had it cut out of her, and now the king found out and is killing all the babies to kill Landry's baby.

5)  De Nogaret wanted revenge for his parents obviously, and the fact that the Pope was a threat to Phillip was a bonus.  I'm can't remember why Gawain isn't with the Templars anymore.  Maybe someone else does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

God it was hard to find the thread here.  Remember when it was all nice and neat and in alphabetic order without "genres" and sub-genres and hidden shows.  When you could EASILY find any show you were looking for.  I remember and mourn the loss of logic here.

The Landry actor still totally completely sucks and I wish him dead.  The character.  Not the actor.  Just want him fired.  Landry's wingman is way better and should have the lead instead.  (Is he into the nun who is hiding Landry's daughter?  I thought Landry's mother went off with the little tyke last season.  That wasn't her was it?  Hard to tell ages of nuns all decked out in habits).

Meanwhile Mark Hamill is hitting home runs which makes me tune in which I guess was the whole point in the casting.  Hey how about killing off Landry and have Hamill star as the drill instructor who makes men out of wimps and losers every episode.

Villains?  Glad Nose Gray is back.  I like a witty, sophisticated villain and the actor is good.  I have no idea who the anti-Templar Templar is but he too is a better actor than Landy's actor which isn't saying much.  Did Philip change his hairstyle this season from Prince Valiant to Evil Looking Villain style?  Meanwhile Philip's son Louis -- who I don't remember at all from last year -- went from kind of a likeable intro (I love my Mum) to sadistically loving his King Herod impersonation.

So far the first two episodes have been better than all of last year (Mark Hamill).  But now we have Landry going from smug lover boy to smug fake humility guy -- and it is a fake, showy humility too -- which still drags down the show.  ("Let me pray publicly in the courtyard so everyone sees my great humility and is impressed.  Whoops ... that backfired").  At least we haven't had endless boring Landry in bed scenes so far but I'm sure he will get hot for someone else soon enough.

I thought the guy who was Landry's new, young buddy got killed but the poster above said it was another shavehead.  I can't tell the shaveheads apart.  Nor do I really care.  And I have no idea who the guy is that branded Landry.  Anti-Templar Templar Guy didn't like him I guess but I don't remember a Generic Templar Guy not liking him as well.  Just most of the TV audience.

Edited by green
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, green said:

Hey how about killing off Landry and have Hamill star as the drill instructor who makes men out of wimps and losers every episode.

Hamill's very good in his role, but the problem with this is he is an unlikable villainous prick.  I can see the appeal in being a Templar Knight, but with all the crap they put them through I'd walk.  Why is Landry so intent on being a Templar anyway?  He wasn't keeping the vows - he was banging the queen of France behind his best friend the King's back.  If I was him, I'd travel far, far away and build me a new life as a farmer or something.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2019 at 8:20 PM, rmontro said:

1)  The blonde guy's name is Rhone, he climbed the ladder and had the scroll from his mother, but he's not the one who died.  That guy's name was Quentin.

2)  It was too dark for me to tell who the cult leader was.  I guess they branded him to drive the devil out of him.  Since Landry won't rat on them, I guess Talus won't find out.

3)  I think they were just supposed to scout out the location of the devil worshippers, so it was a light party.

4)  The prince is killing the babies, presumably under the order of the king.  Because the king's wife was pregnant with Landry's child.  Landry had it cut out of her, and now the king found out and is killing all the babies to kill Landry's baby.

5)  De Nogaret wanted revenge for his parents obviously, and the fact that the Pope was a threat to Phillip was a bonus.  I'm can't remember why Gawain isn't with the Templars anymore.  Maybe someone else does.

Thanks so much... very helpful.  Especially the part about the killing of the babies... that makes sense to me now that he wants to kill Landry and Joan's child.  Not sure how he is so certain that the baby survived, for all he knows it died.  Maybe he assumes that the baby would have been buried with Joan.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:07 AM, green said:

Did Philip change his hairstyle this season from Prince Valiant to Evil Looking Villain style?  Meanwhile Philip's son Louis -- who I don't remember at all from last year -- went from kind of a likeable intro (I love my Mum) to sadistically loving his King Herod impersonation.

I thought the guy who was Landry's new, young buddy got killed but the poster above said it was another shavehead.  I can't tell the shaveheads apart.  Nor do I really care.  And I have no idea who the guy is that branded Landry.  Anti-Templar Templar Guy didn't like him I guess but I don't remember a Generic Templar Guy not liking him as well.  Just most of the TV audience.

I think Philip changed his hair and grew a beard because there were too many guys with long hair.  Plus maybe they wanted the beard to signify he is older and to provide more contrast to his son.  You don't remember the son from last season because he never appeared... not sure why they chose to add him, other than to have another unlikeable villain.  De Nogaret seems to be a lot more subtly sinister this season than last, while the prince seems to be outright evil.

And as I mentioned, yes, I cannot tell the Initiates apart, they all look the same except for Landry.  And all of the Long Hairs have the same dirty blonde to medium brown hair so I can't tell them apart either.  Would it have killed the show to dye some of them more blonde or darker brown?

16 hours ago, rmontro said:

Hamill's very good in his role, but the problem with this is he is an unlikable villainous prick.  I can see the appeal in being a Templar Knight, but with all the crap they put them through I'd walk.  Why is Landry so intent on being a Templar anyway?  He wasn't keeping the vows - he was banging the queen of France behind his best friend the King's back.  If I was him, I'd travel far, far away and build me a new life as a farmer or something.  

I feel like Mark Hamill is channelling Yoda with the gravelly voice.  He's kind of a cartoon.  I did cheer when he dismissed the snitch but apart from that he's just a complete dick.  

I agree that Landry really has nothing to prove anymore and not sure why he wants back in so much apart from the fact that he feels like he has no other place to go to.  Since he is the main character I guess there would be no show if he left the Templars so I guess that's why he's still around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

I feel like Mark Hamill is channelling Yoda with the gravelly voice.  He's kind of a cartoon.  

To me he sounds a lot like his Joker voice that he uses in the Batman cartoons.

I'm totally with you on trying to tell everybody apart.  Everyone is filthy and has long hair.  It's like the Monty Python and the Holy Grail joke:  How can you tell he's the king?  Because he doesn't have shit all over him.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, blackwing said:

And as I mentioned, yes, I cannot tell the Initiates apart, they all look the same except for Landry.  And all of the Long Hairs have the same dirty blonde to medium brown hair so I can't tell them apart either.  Would it have killed the show to dye some of them more blonde or darker brown?

This is the problem in most war/soldier movies.  Platoon was the only one that seemed to mix up the looks enough for me to follow who was who.  Band of Brothers mini-series was really good but aside from the lead character and his best buddy I couldn't tell anyone else apart all those endless hours except for one lone really big guy.  I watched one last night -- 13 Hours -- about the Benghazi attack.  I couldn't tell any of the fighters apart period except for the one token Black guy.

And I'm also saying stuff like dye someone's hair blonde or make someone bald or give someone a scar or eye patch or do something to tell these guys apart.  I spend my whole time trying to figure out who is who in these shows and usually never do so miss any real connection to the show and/or storyline. 

Geez, old WWII movies did it far better,  There was usually the teenage looking character of "The Kid" they all protected and the fast talking hustler guy from Brooklyn or Jersey and the big, blonde-haired young farmer from Kansas and the southern stereotype who could shoot squirrels at a thousand yards and the troubled, cynical loner with the stubble on his face that comes through in the end and, of course, ALWAYS the hardcore (Hamill) Sarge that they all hate until what he teaches them saves all their lives.

Edited by green
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, blackwing said:

  Not sure how he is so certain that the baby survived, for all he knows it died.  Maybe he assumes that the baby would have been buried with Joan.

In the first episode, they found and dug up the queen's body. While someone in the scene was trying to create outrage that her body had been defiled by being cut open, Philip realized that her stomach had been cut open to save the baby, so there was a good chance that the baby was still alive.

Why I don't understand is why they chose to kill the Pope since its a fact anyone can check. I see that they're going to go with the Friday 13 massacre of the Templars; so I wish the show would either stick with the main facts from history or disregard all of them. And yes, I know they've already messed with history in other parts of the story. Killing a pope just seemed . . . more egregious.

Edited by rur
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yea, I thought the show's  killing of  the Pope differently than what really historically  happened was bad writing. At least try__ to stick to historical facts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay if Louis is looking for Landry's baby why is he killing babies that clearly were fathered by other men?

No Luke Templarwalker, don't go soft on that idiot Landry! 

Sure he has super powers so he can defeat a dozen polite peasant pagans that are very careful to line up and come at him slowly one at a time so he can dispatch them like an assembly line of Red Shirts.  (That fight scene was like the anti-Ubbe chillingly realistic fight scene in Vikings this season).

And he is such a special little snowflake that he gets to have his major guilt trip in front of everyone so he can show off how humble he is.  (Show off + humble = oxymoron). 

And we have learned that everything in the world is all about him and his needs so he isn't exactly a team player.

But for tough old Sarge to go all fluffy unicorns and rainbows with him was like the final straw.

A good guy version of Nose Gray would have been so much more interesting as he uses his cleverness to outwit and foil Philip's evil plans behind the scenes instead of going around strangling stray popes.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, green said:

Okay if Louis is looking for Landry's baby why is he killing babies that clearly were fathered by other men?

Because there's no proof that it's the father's child. Maybe the couple we saw last night did have a child that died, so the mother agreed to raise someone else's infant. That's the way Louis would see it. The only way to be sure is to kill them all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed this week's episode with the exception of anything to do with Gawain.  I really dislike him.  The prince is horrible even though I know we are supposed to dislike him.  He's in his 20s and he has erectile dysfunction, I'm not sure if I am supposed to feel sorry for him or not.  But I don't.

So it seems there are three main Initiates that are Landry's buddies.  There's Rhone, guy with Scottish accent, and slightly better looking guy.  Were those three in Landry's team of 6 from the beginning?  Quentin died.  Who was the last guy and is he still around (if there were even 6 to begin with).

De Nogaret was at least a hateable villain last season... this season they seem determined to make the prince and Gawain the villains so De Nogaret just seems like a nonentity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It was nice to see Talus finally giving Landry some respect.  I was about ready to give up on the whole lot of them, but they pulled me back in.  It helps if at least someone on the show is a little bit likable.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoyed it, did not feel bad for the Prince at all. Liked when talks made the save, kinda wish he did something like that in tlj.  Agreed about nogrey not being as hated this season. Did feel bad that Talks was captured at acre,  considering Geoifry screwed them over causing that 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, Stallion12 said:

Agreed about nogrey not being as hated this season.

Makes me wonder what happened to that woman De Nogaret escorted out of the royal chambers when she recognized the prince.  My guess is that he killed her.

Not much to say about the last episode.  Landry and the initiates become full Templars.  But it looks like the Templars' days are coming to an end, and their persecution is about to begin.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, rmontro said:

Makes me wonder what happened to that woman De Nogaret escorted out of the royal chambers when she recognized the prince.  My guess is that he killed her.

Prince Louis dragged her out covering her mouth and saying she was hysterical, not Nose Gray.  Then he had her chained at the foot of his bed and did something -- I have no idea what -- with blood (hers or his??) then maybe rape (?) then he was "fine" and could get it on with his wife later in the episode.

I really have no idea what that scene was about other than he felt it cured him after none of his other "remedies" he tried did and the woman was chained and brutalized horribly.  And remember she had to listen to a long-winded monologue of poor poor Louis and all the pressures of being a prince while waiting chained before the actual assault.  I kind of assume she was killed off screen afterwards because Louis leaves no one alive to tell tales.

The leprosy knights of Lazarus were cool.  But they quickly and clumsily shoehorned in a tale of bigotry from one of the shaveheads I will NEVER be able to tell apart against them and he finds out he owes his life to same and changes and hurrah for tolerance etc.  Fine, just the way it was presented out of nowhere was so awkward.

I do NOT look forward to the love story they are setting up for Landry's Wingman.  He had been the cool character so far.

No Luke, don't ride away and warn others.  Use The Force instead.  Have Landry ride away for a few episodes at the very least.  (You notice Landry is always screwing up or he is Superman.  No in between so a completely cardboard, unbelievable character acted very very badly).

Weirdly uncomfortable seeing a church burning in France in this episode the same day Notre Dame burned.

Edited by green
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, green said:

Prince Louis dragged her out covering her mouth and saying she was hysterical, not Nose Gray.  Then he had her chained at the foot of his bed and did something -- I have no idea what -- with blood (hers or his??) then maybe rape (?) then he was "fine" and could get it on with his wife later in the episode.

I really have no idea what that scene was about other than he felt it cured him after none of his other "remedies" he tried did and the woman was chained and brutalized horribly.  And remember she had to listen to a long-winded monologue of poor poor Louis and all the pressures of being a prince while waiting chained before the actually assault.  I kind of assume she was killed off screen afterwards because Louis leaves no one alive to tell tales.

I have no idea what happened here either... that woman was the woman whose baby he killed last week, right?  I didn't know what was going on with the blood, at first I thought he was raping her and she was a virgin, but then I thought she was the mother from last week so that couldn't be the case.  Whatever it was, I found myself not really caring.  Louis and Gawain are approaching fast forward status for me.  I just tune them out.

When Talus was making the Initiates into full Templars, he named "Rhone the Merciful".  I really really wanted him to give honorific epithets to the other two so I could actually learn their names and faces.  But alas.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, green said:

Prince Louis dragged her out covering her mouth and saying she was hysterical, not Nose Gray.  Then he had her chained at the foot of his bed and did something -- I have no idea what -- with blood (hers or his??) then maybe rape (?) then he was "fine" and could get it on with his wife later in the episode.

Funny that I would have missed that scene, maybe I was out for snacks or something.  I remember the scene with his wife, but I didn't know what had turned him around.

Share this post


Link to post

Just found that season 2 had started and just got caught up on the episodes.  I saw MHs name in the credits before hub did and he didn't even realize who was playing the character until I told him!

Too much to say to catch up on, but the thing that bothers the bejesus out of me is that this takes place in Paris, yet every character speaks with a British accent.  I have yet to hear an authentic French accent.  If there has been one, it's been drowned out in a sea of British

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 3.  Or is it four?  I have no idea at this point.

Now we have the inept and so-called "hero" Landry not being able to put away the princeling he has wounded badly?  First he can't be bothered to walk over several yards to eliminate the threat to the kid and two women and obviously the whole convent but has to ride off to find the former?  And those women would be safe if he just eliminated the threat and finished the job too.

Then the second time he turns around in maybe real slo-mo and finds Louis mysteriously gone because by the time he would turn around if in real time Louis wouldn't be able to turn around himself let alone start running.

But no, Louis had managed to clear the place entirely in said split second and disappear, still wounded.  Meanwhile Landry can't be bothered to run after him a few yards or even track the blood trail and Finish. The. Job.

In other news it has been confirmed today that the real name of The Flash is Prince Louis.

Edited by green
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, green said:

Episode 3.  Or is it four?  I have no idea at this point.

That was episode five.  Great point on Landry not finishing off the immediate threat to his daughter.  Not a very protective father at this point.  

Prince Phillip finding out that his father killed his mother is an interesting development, I wonder what changes that might bring?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that it was pretty poor of Landry to not be able to kill Louis.  I know that in history, Prince Louis succeeds his father and becomes King Louis X.  So is it too much to hope for that he die a grisly death?  I don't care if he is stunned by the revelation that Philip killed Joan and will change his ways.  We only saw him killing one baby but presumably he has killed many.

This show has already shown that it isn't unafraid to alter depictions of history.  Joan supposedly died in childbirth but there are rumours that she was poisoned by an enemy.  Pope Boniface did indeed have a dispute with Philip and was imprisoned and beaten, but he supposedly died of a fever and was not murdered by de Nogaret.  Worst of all, I have no idea who this Raymond person is supposed to be, as he cannot be the pope who succeeded Boniface in history.  So maybe there is hope that Louis dies in this show.  Maybe his wife will kill him.

Not really sure what the endgame for this show is supposed to be, since we know the Templars get destroyed and many of them get burned at the stake.  If this is the final season, then I see things accelerating towards that.  Maybe with Landry as the sole secret survivor?  I can't see a show like this having the purported hero killed and the villains winning.  If they intend to keep this series going and there will be a third season, it just seems like not much is happening.  King tries to kill Landry.  He fails.  Rinse and repeat.  That's pretty much the whole season so far.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

Not really sure what the endgame for this show is supposed to be, since we know the Templars get destroyed and many of them get burned at the stake.  If this is the final season, then I see things accelerating towards that.  Maybe with Landry as the sole secret survivor? 

I'm not expert by any means, but from what I understand, theoretically at least, some of the Templars survived but went into hiding.  IIRC, Spain was friendly to some and housed them under a different guise, and they lasted awhile in Ireland and Scotland.  Some say they have ties to the modern Freemasons.

I don't think the series really bears dragging out, but they could go a number of different ways with it.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Landry as a sole survivor.  I don't know if this has been renewed or not, but I could see them getting one more season out of it, like the previous poster said.  After that, I don't know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah either the Portugal via Spain survival route or, more likely, the one to Scotland is more the endgame.  I say more likely since they could have brushes with the English king along the way since Philip's daughter is a major player in the series and she ends up in England with their king. 

And since we are in the midst of not only a pro-Templars pop culture revival but also a Templars came to America to bury all their relics craze these days maybe Landry ends up burying the Arc of the Covenant on Oak Island then dropping his Templar's metal cross there for the metal detector guy to find centuries later, heh. 

(Well that actually could happen if The Curse of Oak Island was on the History Channel instead of the Discovery Channel instead because cross-overs are big on networks, haha).

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, green said:

maybe Landry ends up burying the Arc of the Covenant on Oak Island then dropping his Templar's metal cross there for the metal detector guy to find centuries later, heh. 

As ridiculous as that sounds, I would get a huge kick out of it.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw it, it's ok, kinda sucks that the grail plot was dropped where they don't explain what the secret was. I don't see them r a ndomly covering it now.

Edited by Stallion12

Share this post


Link to post

Next week (5/15) is episode 8, which I believe is the final episode for this season. Last night's episode moved the end of the Templar movement forward through some fairly grisly scenes. (I covered my eyes at a couple points.) It had a pretty decent cliffhanger ending, then the previews for next week gave it away.

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding last week's episode (#6), I thought it was beyond stupid and ridiculous that the Templars are in a battle, and they all stop because someone holds a sword up to Landry's throat.  Are you freaking kidding me?  There are probably people dropping dead all around and everyone sacrifices themselves for Landry?

Regarding this week's episode, I'm always amazed by the level of cruelty of people in the Middle Ages.  from Isabella's betrayal of Margery, to the torturers, to the bloodthirsty mobs.  Some sadistic people in those times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately, we see it time and time again in movies and tv shows where the action just stops and centers on a certain scene etc.... All through last night's episode, I kept waiting for the calvary or cavalry  to arrive .

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, rmontro said:

Regarding last week's episode (#6), I thought it was beyond stupid and ridiculous that the Templars are in a battle, and they all stop because someone holds a sword up to Landry's throat.  Are you freaking kidding me?  There are probably people dropping dead all around and everyone sacrifices themselves for Landry?

Regarding this week's episode, I'm always amazed by the level of cruelty of people in the Middle Ages.  from Isabella's betrayal of Margery, to the torturers, to the bloodthirsty mobs.  Some sadistic people in those times.

I enjoyed last week's episode and the battle for Chartres.  But yeah.  The only reason why they all laid down their swords is because this is a TV show and the guy that plays Landry is the lead actor.  In real life, I'd like to think that if one of the senior Templars had told his people to keep fighting at all costs, that they would have done so.

This week's episode... the only thing I enjoyed about it was the depiction of medieval Paris.  So very cool looking, like if you were transported into a Dungeons and Dragons game and this village was your stopping point before embarking on a quest.  The set decorators must have had a lot of fun putting it together.

The rest of the episode.... yeech.  Not one positive thing happened apart from the fact that Anne, the other lady, and Eve are apparently safe and on the run.  Everything else was awful.  All of the bad people (Philip, Louis, De Nogaret, Isabella) won.

I especially marvel at the cruelty of Isabella.  In history, once she moves to England and marries Edward II, she becomes a holy terror.  I guess this show wanted to depict her as starting early.  The show clearly has played with history (in real life, Isabella was about 13 when she moved to England and married) in many aspects, but I'm not sure why the show thought that depicting Isabella here as a vengeful beeyotch for no good reason was a good idea.  Other than to show that the entire French royal family except for Queen Joan were bad people.

I guess another good thing about this episode is that I finally learned the names of the three main Initiates / new Templars.  Apart from Rhone, I learned that the one with the Scottish accent is named Kelton and the other one is Vasant. 

So besides Jacques De Molay (burned) and Berengar (throat sliced), were there any other "name" Templars who died?  The old guy who collapsed when pushing the cart, who I didn't know but they did call out his name.  Who were the two that got set on fire after De Molay?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like this week wasn't that good. I'm still annoyed tgey didn't finish the grail secret.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Stallion12 said:

Sounds like this week wasn't that good. I'm still annoyed tgey didn't finish the grail secret.

I firmly believe they'll get back to it, if they are renewed for another season.

They may even have something at the end of the next episode, if they think the series will be cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×