Type keyword(s) to search

Knightfall - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, if this show is going to end after two seasons, I would say it was a fairly satisfying end.  After they depicted Pope Boniface being murdered, I shouldn't be at all surprised that they were so willing to change history, but it still bugged.  Queen Joan is said to have allegedly died in childbirth, which I guess on this show, she technically did.  But King Philip died in a hunting accident.  And Princess Margaret did not kill herself.  I thought that she was going to live to give birth to her only child, a daughter, and that it was going to be implied that the father was one of those twins since the show suggested that Louis was impotent.  In history Margaret became Queen when Louis ascended after the death of his father, although she died shortly thereafter.

I suppose these events were so long ago that it could be argued that nobody really knows how these people died.  Things could have been made up to avoid scandal.  So I guess I shouldn't be so critical of the show.

Overall, I found it very entertaining.  Disappointed that Tancrede died... he was awesome.  If the show somehow comes back for a third season, he will be missed.

• Love 2

I agree with you about some of the changed history, I felt it could have been left alone and still have been an interesting view. Tancrede was a favorite of many viewers, he will be missed if there's a season 3 . So many___ dark scenes last night.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 11:37 AM, Stallion12 said:

Sounds like this week wasn't that good. I'm still annoyed tgey didn't finish the grail secret.

I said they would get back to it, but now I'm thinking maybe they've just dropped that storyline altogether, and consider it finished.  

Not sure if they'll get another season, but if not Landry killing the king would be a good note to end on.  

Even if there is another season, they've very firmly established that they're not sticking to history.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, rmontro said:

I said they would get back to it, but now I'm thinking maybe they've just dropped that storyline altogether, and consider it finished.  

Not sure if they'll get another season, but if not Landry killing the king would be a good note to end on.  

Even if there is another season, they've very firmly established that they're not sticking to history.

It's annoying that they didn't even clarify what the secret is.  I believe we have interpreted it to mean that whatever was on the piece of paper implies that Landry is the secret descendant of Jesus Christ, like in the Da Vinci Code.  But then they didn't even mention it at all during this season.  Odd.  

If the show comes back for another season, I'm not even sure what storylines would feature.  Louis would be King with De Nogaret at his side.  They pretty much encouraged Landry to kill Philip.  Would they put on the public face that Landry murdered the King and is now an outlaw? 

Would Isabella claim her title as the She Wolf of France (Philip told her to always be a wolf, and never a sheep) and wreak havoc in England?  Seems odd that the show would split time between France and England.  Or does she just disappear?

So now we have this band of about 8 surviving Templars.  Are they all that is left?  We only saw De Molay and two others get burned.  What happened to the rest?  There were a lot that laid down their swords that were still alive after the battle at Chartres.  What would these 8 do?  Would they still live as Templars or would they just live in secret and do good for the people.

Seems like if the show comes back for a third season, that the showrunner can just decide to make up a whole new season long plot.  Because at this point, the show would no longer be about the destruction of the Templars.  It'd just be another show that happens to be set in medieval times.

Personally I would prefer if they would just ditch France altogether and go to England.  Landry and his gang against the evil of Queen Isabella and Roger Mortimer.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

It's annoying that they didn't even clarify what the secret is.  I believe we have interpreted it to mean that whatever was on the piece of paper implies that Landry is the secret descendant of Jesus Christ, like in the Da Vinci Code.  But then they didn't even mention it at all during this season.  Odd.  

Maybe it's intended to be kind of like the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Here's this big secret, but the principles aren't aware of it, and the secret is lost to time.  They gave what they considered to be the end of the story (the secret), and just moved on from there.  The more I think about it, the more I think they're done with it, even if there are any more seasons.

It is hard to see where they would go if they continue the show.  That last episode really did feel like a series finale.  Other than following them to Oak Island, where could they go?  🙂

(edited)

Well these last few episodes were pure crap.  And the ending was absurd.  Also they decided to kill off the only truly good man in the series other than the dude with the lightsaber in Loyal Wingman Templar.  And kill off his beloved Nun besides. And kill off the fairly decent wife of Louis.  Yep, the trifecta of good killed leaving only Luke Templewalker as the only character I'm remotely interested in.

And of course all action screeches to a halt so Good Templar Guy and Noble Nun can die in each others' arm.  At first I thought Templar guy might live but break into "A Little Fall of Rain" with his Eponine a la Les Mis but then no it was straight Romeo & Juliet Offed By Others.

I still have no idea who the shaveheads are.  Their hair should have grown out months back by the way. Plus why were they shaved at all?  Templar recruits didn't get haircuts to look like US Marine recruits and Paris wasn't Paris Island.  Geez.  (I take it one of the shavetails was the guy who broke under torture and was fed to the mod but he somehow survived the mash pit)?

Meanwhile we had:

Gwain:  You started it.

Landry:  But you were worse.

10 minutes later they are still having a hissy fit at each other ...

Gwain:  No, I wouldn't have done what I did it you didn't do what you did first.

Landy:  No, you bad.

Gwain:  No, you bad.

Landry:  Bad actor goes into mumble mode for some unintelligible stupid speech saying some sort of garbage to finally end 10 minutes of my wasted life that felt like an hours.

At the end I could not decided who I wanted to see win the dumb final sword fight which stupid Landry comes back for because ... why?

PS:  Landry, Gwain was right.  You are to blame for this whole big mess.  You threw the first stone betraying your old friend by screwing his wife.  Then you treated Gwain like crap sending him off down a dark path.  You and Philip deserve each together in the end.  You both stink.

Edited by green

Just saw the notification that the show has officially been cancelled.  I'm not surprised at all, it was kind of a mess.  I was surprised it even came back for a second season.  Still, disappointing to me because I am a sucker for historical shows, especially those set in medieval  times.

• Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, blackwing said:

Just saw the notification that the show has officially been cancelled.  I'm not surprised at all, it was kind of a mess.

I didn't realize it was still dying on the vine, I had given this show up for cancellation as soon as the last episode had aired.  It looked so much like a series finale.

SPOILER ALERT! Do not read below if you don't want any spoilers. Scroll below to read.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

My own theory as to who Landry is, is that he is Jesus' direct descendant that is why he always survives. Hence, the story line that his own child survives at the end of season 1. Landry is also the true holy grail since he holds the blood of Christ in himself. This is why the Pope had to ask for Landry's forgiveness when he heard his mother talk about the grail not being just a grail. After the SECRET talk, the Pope completely changed demeanor toward Landry.

• Love 1