Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: When Harry Met Harry...

Trini
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Kayti Burt at denofgeek wrote a review of this episode that just nails the problems I have with it.  She goes deeper than the show wants us to analyze but hey, I'm tired of being forced to watch it on a shallow level in order to enjoy it.

The trouble with this show is even on a shallow level I'm starting to find it pretty offensive and I am not someone who thinks much when I watch these things. 

There is no need to analyse anything, it keeps hammering out offensive things even when I don't want to spot them! 

• Love 3

I really enjoyed the first season and I understood why fans were complaining that the latter seasons were "too dark" but I would take them over this season which is just borderline juvenile.  Also there's nothing funny about a sexist pig and I know that if it was Wally or any other non-white male behaving like Ralph, people wouldn't be so quick to overlook his skeevyness or "can't wait" for the tptb to tone it down. Instead they would be calling him all kinds of names and asking for the actor to be fired.

Edited by allyw
  • Love 8

It's hard not to cheer for the Black Bison, a marginalized woman trying to reclaim her people's history, when she breaks out of the Central City P.D. using a police mannequin, a contemporary symbol of institutional violence against marginalized people.

????  She's guilty of attempted and actual murder in the episode: it's not like she accidentally commanded those statues to attack with murderous intent.  Having a good baseline motive doesn't mean you get a pass for all of your sins, which is why Ralph shouldn't get a pass for being a sexist pig. 

I hope the beginning of the next episode has Devoe asking Joe why he brought along a forensics expert for what is ostensibly a police interview.  Does everyone else think it's bring your kid to work day whenever Joe and Barry show up to situations where Barry shouldn't be there?

• Love 2

I am enjoying and appreciating the lighter tone this year, and adding an unsaintly character like Ralph to the mix has helped. I like that the friction between him and Barry is legitimately Barry's fault. Tom Cavanaugh must love getting up and going to work every day.

I am still going to point out that I think that Devoe is actually possessed by the spirit of Metron in some way. Not only is his bad guy wheelchair very much like Metrons, but his suit, and the iconography of his tech interfaces are all very Kirby-esque.

10 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

I am still going to point out that I think that Devoe is actually possessed by the spirit of Metron in some way. Not only is his bad guy wheelchair very much like Metrons, but his suit, and the iconography of his tech interfaces are all very Kirby-esque.

I keep thinking of Metron every time I see him also.

I know they want to set up a contrast to Barry and have Dibny become a "better" person and hero, but they just made him too sleazy. Plus, I don't think he adds anything much to the show. Not plotwise or powers-wise. He's not strongly connected to any of the cast (besides Barry), or the Big Bad. I guess he gives Barry a storyline and someone to mentor; but he already has (or should have) his arc with DeVoe/Thinker, his upcoming wedding and his changing relationship with his fianceé, readjusting to being back on Earth - including his neglected CSI job, mentoring Wally, and whatever challenge the villain of the week brings. They have touched on most of those, but not consistently.

I'm just glad that the DeVoe arc is going to get some focus very soon.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2017 at 7:30 AM, Lovecat said:

That mask resembled what I imagine Joey Tribbiani's foreskin prosthesis to look like.

Well, thanks! Now you've ruined my thoughts of Joey Tribbiani's foreskin....:(