Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Chapter Seventeen: The Town That Dreaded Sundown

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

Okay, now I’m imagining OTH storylines as narrated by Jughead. I would love to hear his sardonic take on events like a dog eating a human heart that an EMT dropped.

That definitely would have improved One Tree Hill. Lucas narrated One Tree Hill sometimes but Jughead would have been so much better. Is someone creative enough on these boards to edit together One Tree Hill episode and Riverdale monologues? 

19 hours ago, Enginerd said:

Amen to that. After a rewatch of the last couple episodes, I am at least 90% certain I know who the Black Hood is...now I assume I have to wait the rest of the season to find out whether I'm right. But if they reverse-engineer the identity such that the clues we have so far are supposed to be irrelevant, to the point where you can tell the identity wasn't set and the clues weren't correct all along, I'm going to be annoyed. Plot twists and multiple levels of trickery and obfuscation are okay with me, but pretending we didn't see tiny things we saw is not. Everything plotwise needs a reasonable explanation, even in this wacky town where the weather makes no sense.

WHAT?? Are the clues that obvious?!?!? I've been refraining from rewatching them due to keeping an obsession at an arm's length lol but has there been that many clues already?!?! I have several suspicions now but not enough that I can be certain about it...

And the weather!! yeah... I mean, every show universe seems to come with its own weather system really! lol!!I  It was really funny how with the downpour from last episode, Jughead still managed to remain quite dry when he was chatting with Betty, lol.... Not even one little drop of water on the floor...

Hmmm, maybe they'll soon be chopping a xmas tree in shorts because its unusually warm!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, PeekaBoo said:

WHAT?? Are the clues that obvious?!?!? I've been refraining from rewatching them due to keeping an obsession at an arm's length lol but has there been that many clues already?!?! I have several suspicions now but not enough that I can be certain about it...

I wouldn't say OBVIOUS...but there is definitely some quite distinct evidence for the sharp observer.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Enginerd said:

I wouldn't say OBVIOUS...but there is definitely some quite distinct evidence for the sharp observer.

Yeah.. there’s been enough for me to come up with some theories. But like I said.. the show could do a bait and switch on that if they feel like people have caught on or if they didn’t really have a plan to begin with.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2017 at 1:01 AM, methodwriter85 said:

People need to chill. It was obnoxious to watch how shipping (specially Ezra/Aria) basically dominated Pretty Little Liars, and killed any chance of actually interesting pairings to happen on the show because the ships were basically set in season 1 and they weren't allowed to deviate from that, at least for good. Hell, one character's wife was killed off because they couldn't just have him permanently not available for his high school girlfriend.

Had Dawson's Creek run in the age of Social Media, I'm convinced the Dawson/Joey shippers would have gotten their way even though the Pacey/Joey pairing just worked better on so many levels.

I pledge to you all now, if I ever become a showrunner I will not give a fart about fan reaction.  I'll tell the dang story I want to tell, the best and most organic story.  (And, quite possibly, get canceled but... still and all.)

On 11/3/2017 at 0:40 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I personally like Jughead so I’d be sad if they killed him off, but that seems unlikely as something the show would ever do. Especially in season 2 of this show.He and Betty are my favorite characters of the teens.

Yeah, they're not getting rid of the narrator; no fear.  I am convinced the end of the series is Jughead publishing his bestselling novel about life in a small town in the Hudson Valley; and if not, it oughta be.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I pledge to you all now, if I ever become a showrunner I will not give a fart about fan reaction.  I'll tell the dang story I want to tell, the best and most organic story.  (And, quite possibly, get canceled but... still and all.)

Yeah, they're not getting rid of the narrator; no fear.  I am convinced the end of the series is Jughead publishing his bestselling novel about life in a small town in the Hudson Valley; and if not, it oughta be.

Kind of like how the end of Dawson's Creek was Dawson making a movie about his coming-of-age in a small New England town on the Cape. But yeah, that ending makes sense,unless this show gets abruptly cancelled. Even then, I bet they would still have Jughead voiceover the ending.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Kind of like how the end of Dawson's Creek was Dawson making a movie about his coming-of-age in a small New England town on the Cape. But yeah, that ending makes sense,unless this show gets abruptly cancelled. Even then, I bet they would still have Jughead voiceover the ending.

That’s what I think too, that the ending will be Jugheads book. It has to be. Or something connected to said book or something. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That’s what I think too, that the ending will be Jugheads book. It has to be. Or something connected to said book or something. 

In some of the earlier episodes (in season 1), they actually showed him writing it on his laptop, and it matched the voice-over/narration verbatim. I took that as confirmation.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That would a typical sweet ending to the show.... i can picture him standing next to a blow out picture of his book, looking proud ... a fit ending to a great show...

A Dawson's creek-ish ending would be way too happy(and slightly cheesy) for this type of show, imo. 

On the other hand, i can also imagine him writing this from jail (aware of the jones luck). or like a manuscript found in his trailer after x amount of years.... nice twist ending for a season finale maybe... 

Edited by PeekaBoo
Had to add stuff...
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

That would a typical sweet ending to the show.... i can picture him standing next to a blow out picture of his book, looking proud ... a fit ending to a great show...

On the other hand, i can also imagine him writing this from jail (aware of the jones luck). or like a manuscript found in his trailer after x amount of years.... nice twist ending for a season finale maybe... 

Yeah.. depending on where the show goes and what direction it takes. We will see, I guess.

• Love 1

I personally like Jughead so I’d be sad if they killed him off, but that seems unlikely as something the show would ever do.

Well, yeah, of course it's unlikely; my comment was blatant wish fulfillment more than anything else. I don't actually think the show is gonna kill him off you guys, lol. I'll look on the bright side though; without Jughead I wouldn't have the iconic "I'm weird, I'm a weirdo" meme in my life. 

Cole has the most irritating voice ever, it sucks that he's the narrator. 

• Love 2
On 11/9/2017 at 7:52 AM, galax-arena said:

Cole has the most irritating voice ever, it sucks that he's the narrator. 

I like him, but agree that his voice is a little grating, especially for a narration that's trying to sound jaded and world-weary and wise. On the other hand, that makes it more realistically teenage.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Actually the end needs to be that Jughead's writings are rejected as a novel.  But then accepted as a comic book.

LOL no only that but as a nod to the light tone of the original comics Jughead is rejected cause "it's too Dark, you should lighten it up"

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:17 AM, Bugs Meany said:

I was more amused by Kevin’s membership on RedStateMeat.com.

I enjoyed the oral ambiguity of RedStateMeat vs. Meet, and I was so happy when I turned the captioning on to see it was, in fact, Meat.

• Love 1

I'm in the process of catching up on the last few episodes, which is why I'm posting on this thread so late, so I don't expect anyone to read this. But I scanned through all the pages and I cannot believe there isn't one musical theatre geek out there who realized that the librarian's name (said a few times!) was Ms. Paroo, a.k.a Marian Paroo from the Music Man, who was famously the town's librarian ("Marian the Librarian"). Can't believe such a dated but awesome and obvious reference made it into a CW show. These are some show runners and writers we've got here. Most impressive.

• Love 5