Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Complicated

• Start Topic

Yeah I know your right. It has politics, sex, longtime secrets (apparently Barba's whole life) best friends banging the same woman, corruption, gang affiliation ( I always thought Munoz and Eddie Garcia were probably gang twerps when kids protecting Barba, maybe BX9 which would give Barba a gang connection too...juicy!) more sex, and longtime secrets. Yeah, that stupid kid crap is a much more interesting choice.

• Love 1

This episode felt very similar to an episode Blue Bloods this a few weeks ago: daughter was missing for years, "came back", turns out it wasn't her, and the brother killed her long ago.  Except no real explanation how or why.   At least this one had some kind of "ending." 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, milner said:

am sure I just saw this same plot on another show.  I knew immediately that the girl was a fake and that the brother was involved.  Anyone remember a show recently with the same story? 

Blue Bloods. That's how I knew the outcome of this story from the start...

There's nothing I can really see about this episode that hasn't already been said.  I too recognised the rehashed plot straightaway and enjoyed it far more the first time.  And please, can someone make Benoah stop?

• Love 1

I’m confused with a few things in this episode (surprising right? How could I be confused with such great focus on the crime instead of Olivia’s never ending personal drama??) 

How old was the brother supposed to be? Would he have even been old enough to be tried for the murder when it happened? Did he end up going to jail at the end for the murder or something else?

Did Emma (or whatever her name was) actually pick that case to impersonate or was she actually trying to get away from something else and just rolled with it when the opportunity presented itself? And if she did pick this case and research it, why did she start the whole thing in Manhattan instead of Queens where the family lived?

Why were Olivia and Grandma allowed to have a debate in family court when they both had lawyers present? Wouldn’t a real judge have told them to sit down immediately?

why is this show still in and why and I watching? Caressi. That’s why. Also Finn. And some Barba.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2

You're not alone FozzyBear. We are simply, burnt out on Benson and whatever train wreck rolls through her miserable exsistance ever single f-ing week. The cases defy reason and logic most of the time, the show doesn't even pretend to be a "police procedural" Benson leaning over shoving her mega hooters and six inches of cleaveage in rapists faces while snarling and whispering in a phone sex voice has gotten..well...just silly. We love Barba ( underused) we love Finn ( almost MIA) and we too, wonder why this show is still on if its only for the purpose of showcasing MH's questionable acting skills and pushing her uber left political agendas. Color us mystified too.

• Love 3

Okay after 19 years it is perhaps inevitable that they're running out of stories although you'd think the perversity of mankind would always provide something new 'ripped from the headlines'. This was so obviously a rehash and once again we have the SVU detectives screwing up by feeding the 'victim' the details as they're questioning her, allowing her to shape her story to fit their pre-conceptions, you'd think they'd learn. And of course once the press is involved they can't lose face by admitting they were wrong.

Amazingly I actually quite liked the Benoah aspects of this story, I thought Brooke Shields was very good in this role, we actually feel for her but I hope that means we will see less of him from now on, he could always be away visiting his grandmother etc 

Personally I'd like SVU to make it to 21 seasons, just to get the record but it looks like it will have to try a lot harder to get there. 

• Love 1
On 10/25/2017 at 11:51 PM, CelticBlackCat said:

No one else in NYC was available to save Noah so the job landed to Saint Olivia.  She has Lucy to take care of Noah during her long work days and she only lives 20 minutes from her home in NYC.  Now that Granny Porter has arrived, Lucy Poppins may get a break from her 18-hour days when Saint Olivia graciously allows her to spend time with her grandson who is the same age as herself.

Ah...Hmmm. Thanks