Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Next of Kin

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I really hope they spin it as an experimental treatment rather than a street drug.

I think that's where they're going with the sciencey-looking vials, the briefcase. 

I'm still pissed at this because God knows Digg is not stupid and he knows he has resources. What's the justification for the lying again? I honestly can't remember because I blank out every time Tinah opens her damn mouth these days.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think that's where they're going with the sciencey-looking vials, the briefcase. 

I'm still pissed at this because God knows Digg is not stupid and he knows he has resources. What's the justification for the lying again? I honestly can't remember because I blank out every time Tinah opens her damn mouth these days.

I think he is hiding his injury post 602 because he is now GA/Oliver but I don't remember what the justification was before that. I think that is going to cause additional conflict with Lyla since she's accused him of siding with Oliver before. 

It's also weird because there are legal drugs that don't come in back alley briefcases to treat hand tremors  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. There is the prescription opioid to heroin pipeline but he like straight up skipped to the heroin. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think he is hiding his injury post 602 because he is now GA/Oliver but I don't remember what the justification was before that. I think that is going to cause additional conflict with Lyla since she's accused him of siding with Oliver before. 

It's also weird because there are legal drugs that don't come in back alley briefcases to treat hand tremors  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. There is the prescription opioid to heroin pipeline but he like straight up skipped to the heroin. 

This is Arrow. We don’t have time for that kind of storyline progression. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

This is Arrow. We don’t have time for that kind of storyline progression. 

They need the time to show multiple scenes of Dinah being judgemental. Oh show...

ETA: wait, I think there was a scene in 602 with the Dr and she asks him about painkillers? Omg, that is continuity! 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

I know Diggle is buying drugs in back alleys for the drahma of it but it really doesn't make sense.  If he has legit nerve damage, the M.D who is treating him should be treating him in the open and getting him legit drugs. He was in the army less than a year ago -- there's an explanation for any shrapnel damage if anyone asks.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I know Diggle is buying drugs in back alleys for the drahma of it but it really doesn't make sense.  If he has legit nerve damage, the M.D who is treating him should be treating him in the open and getting him legit drugs. He was in the army less than a year ago -- there's an explanation for any shrapnel damage if anyone asks.

Maybe he's dealing with it unofficially because he doesn't want anyone to find out (aka leave a paper trail). If he goes to the hospital there's a chance they could contact Lyla. And if Lyla finds out then the team finds out. 

It's not the best reasoning but it really does seem like Digg isn't thinking very clearly about this..

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Diggle not going to the doctor actually rings pretty authentic to me. My grandfather was a career military man. He could have been bleeding to death, but insisting he was fine and didn't need to see a doctor. He ended up dying of cancer because he flat out would not go to the doctor even though he was in extreme pain. He ended up fainting and my grandmother called an ambulance. He just didn't want to admit weakness or worry anyone.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The only explanation was Samantha was dead and Thea messed up so he didn't say anything.  

• Love 1

Okay, I'm watching the episode again and William's room opens with a sliding door into the living room/kitchen.  So while there may be another corridor opening off from a second door to William's room and some more bedrooms opening off from that, in order to get to their rooms, Raisa and Oliver and now Felicity would have to pass through Williams bedroom to get to theirs.*  So not sexy.  sigh 

*I've seen this in European apartments where an originally large apartment was cut up to form smaller units.

Oliver telling Diggle that he would be a better leader and a better hero than Oliver himself -- Oliver really really wants to retire.  He thinks.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
On 27/10/2017 at 1:08 PM, Jediknight said:

Having Felicity tutor William, and everything's starting to get smoothed over with Oliver and William?  They're going to put in a William has a crush on Felicity storyline.

Actually, I was starting to think that William is a super villain and this whole "give up the Arrow, having problem with math" thing was just a ruse to... 

... yeah then Felicity said he's not even in high school yet so that seems improbable. But I can't see who else is benefiting from Oliver's retirement. I think I've just been emotionally damaged from the stupid.

I do love how everyone on this board is like, "Stuff happened and then OLICITY KISSED THE END".

• Love 1

Question:

When Oliver questioned why Felicity was only 3 times Mathletic champion was he teasing her because 3 times was a lot or was he genuinely wondering why she only won it 3 times?

I keep rewatching and cannot work it out from his expression.

Have decided these are the things I will analyse on Arrow from now on! 

2 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

I'm presuming he's wondering about missing the fourth year? Don't American's have four years in high school? (ignoring the fact she most likely graduated early)

ahh icic! I didn't realise there was 4 years of HS.

(edited)

I think he knew she was the smartest one at her school so there had to be a reason why she wouldn't have swept all four years.  How proud he is of her abilities is one of my favorite qualities about Oliver.  Other people's talents don't take away from his self-worth. 

(Unless they stab him and toss him off a mountain and then he will obsess about becoming a better fighter than them and be willing to sacrifice anything in his life until he found himself locked up on the floor of a LoA dungeon with his loyal but foolish best friend after attempting a suicide mission.  But I think we can call that an aberration.)  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

603 (Next of Kin) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But I couldn't honor that commitment and honor the promise I made to the mother of my son, so I asked the best man I know to help. His name is John Diggle, and he is the Green Arrow."

603 (Next of Kin) – Felicity tells Diggle that she and Curtis are working on his lack of archery skills problem:
Felicity: "It seemed to go well out there tonight."
Diggle: "Yeah, we make a good team."
Felicity: "And yet you still have worried face."
Diggle: "It's because sooner or later, someone's going to find out that the Green Arrow isn't shooting any arrows."
Felicity: "Yeah, well, Curtis and I are working on that. We're gonna figure something out."
Diggle: "Good. Thank you."
Felicity: "Okay. I am going to go home. I'm going to sleep, and maybe I'll even get four hours." (Leaves)

603 (Next of Kin) – Felicity and Curtis help Dinah access the Kord Industries server:
Dinah (over comms): "You get all that?"
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah, and a bag of chips. Sorry. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast this morning. I'm feeling a little peckish."
Curtis: "Ten will get you 20 that Kord's CEO won't tell you anything."
Felicity (over comms): "Can you access the server?"
Dinah (over comms): "Already here. Now what?"
Curtis (over comms): "Okay, you're looking for a master port. It's female with a yellow border."
Dinah (over comms): "Got it."
Curtis (over comms): "Okay, insert our toy and let us do our thang."
Felicity: "You keep saying 'thing' wrong."
(Dinah inserts device into port.)
Felicity (over comms): "All right. We're in. Curtis has got it from here."
Dinah (over comms): "You going somewhere?"
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah, I got startup work to do." (Leaves)
Curtis (over comms): "Yeah, we're still trying to decide on our name."

603 (Next of Kin) – Oliver brings a Big Belly Burger bag of food to Felicity's loft apartment and asks for her advice regarding William:
(Oliver knocks on the door. He’s carrying a Big Belly Burger bag.)
Felicity: “Hi!”
Oliver: “Hey.”
Felicity: “Um, City Hall is six blocks that way.”
Oliver: “I thought maybe you could use a late afternoon snack.”
Felicity: “Who are you? My mother? I mean, that's not even accurate. My mother rarely remembered to pick me up from school, let alone make me a snack.”
Oliver: “May I come in?”
Felicity: “Yeah. Yeah.”
Oliver: “I, uh, love what you've done with the place.”
Felicity: “Yeah, well, you know, it's near impossible to find affordable office space in the city. Someone should talk to the mayor about that. Oh, speaking of, how do you feel about the name ‘Bit By Bit’?”
Oliver: “Sounds like a sitcom from the eighties.”
Felicity: “Great. That's, like, really not what we're going for. Well, who knew that when you stopped balancing being vigilante with everything else, that you would have time to drop off snacks? Speaking off, how is William, now that you're done pulling double vigilante/daddy duty?”
Oliver: "It's a two steps forward, one step backwards sort of thing. I was just thinking that I'd really love to be able to lean on Thea, but, um... I mean, she just seems to have a knack for this sort of thing."
Felicity: "Yeah. She'd be the most badass aunt ever."
Oliver: "Would she ever."
Felicity: "Well, I know I'm not Thea, but I am so down to help in any way that you need."
Oliver: "Well, truth be told, aside from snacks, I do sort of need your help."
Felicity: "Ah!"
Oliver: "William has a math test later this week that he's really stressing out over and, um... every time I open my mouth, I'm making it worse."
Felicity: "So the man who took down Damien Darhk is bested by arithmetic."
Oliver: "It wasn't my strongest subject in school."
Felicity: "No? What was? Truancy?"
Oliver: "Charm."
Felicity: "Yeah, no doubt. (Pauses) Let me guess. You told him something along the lines of, 'Just relax, I would have been psyched to get a C, all I got were F's.'"
Oliver: "D's. I most - how'd you know that?"
Felicity: "Cause I know you. And I know that, if you even cared about school, you would have been good at it."
Oliver: "Thank you."
Felicity: "Nothing would grab my gears more when I was his age than when my mom was just telling me to stop worrying when I was freaking out about a project."
Oliver: "Why?"
Felicity: "I didn't need to learn how to relax. I needed to figure out how to do the work."
Oliver: "So what do I do?"
Felicity: "Well, ask him... ask him what he needs. And then put him in the driver's seat, and he'll show you how to help him."
Oliver: "You make things so simple. Always have."
(Felicity makes a cute shoulder twisting gesture with a smile. Her cell phone rings.)
Felicity (on phone): "Curtis?"
Curtis (on phone): "No wonder Kord doesn't like to share their secrets. They invent a lot of really nasty stuff, including this new military grade nerve gas ZX."
Felicity (on phone): "What does that have to do with our mystery killer woman?"
Curtis (on phone): "She downloaded the transport schedule for said nerve gas. Now, do you find that alarming, or is it just me?"
Felicity (on phone): "No. I definitely find that alarming. When is it moving?"
Curtis (on phone): "One hour."
Felicity (on phone): "Okay. I'm on my way. Alert the Green Arrow. Well, I mean Diggle. I mean John. (To Oliver) I mean, it's just good OPSEC to use code names in the field."
Oliver: "I agree. Go."

603 (Next of Kin) – Felicity helps Diggle identify a device that was attached to a Kord Industries truck:
Diggle (over comms): "Overwatch. Any bogies on thermal?"
Felicity (over comms): "Just you guys. And I'm guessing you're not bogies. What's going on, guys? Why aren't you moving?"
Diggle (over comms): "I'm trying to find that out right now." (Shows a device with his helmet cam)
Felicity (over comms): "Perfect. Ignition blocker."
(Onyx attacks Team Arrow.)

603 (Next of Kin) – Felicity identifies their attacker as Onyx Adams:
Felicity: “What the hell happened out there?”
Rene: “Ask him. Dude just froze.”
Diggle: “Casualties?”
Felicity: “Everyone got out. A dozen people got sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Two are in critical condition.”
Rene: “What the hell, Hoss? There were two targets and two of us. What was so freakin’ complicated?”
Diggle: “I don’t know. This never happened to me in the field before. Not in the army and not with this team.”
Dinah: “Fog of war. Things don’t always go perfect out there so we close ranks and we move on.”
Diggle: “Thanks. It won’t happen again.”
Felicity: "Okay. Good, 'cause it looks like you guys got another shot at these guys. Facial recog came back with a match. Onyx Adams. Leader of a CIA black ops squad working undercover in Syria. They disappeared in 2015 with $100 million in Syrian government gold."
Dinah: "And what have they been doing since?"
Rene: "My guess is preparing for the ZX gas heist. And finding the tech they need to do it. Why weren't they blinded by the flashbangs like we were?"
Curtis: "Also, if these guys got away with 100 million in gold, why would they risk it by trying to steal nerve gas?"
Diggle: "Fine. See if you can pick up any chatter on the dark web - encrypted message boards, whatever. I'll check with Lyla, see if any Intel has changed. Also, I'm sorry about tonight. That wasn't me."
Dinah: "Hey. When I said move on, I meant you, too."

603 (Next of Kin) – Felicity uncovers more information about Onyx and her motives for her crimes:
Felicity: "She shoots, she scores!"
Diggle: "What do we have?"
Felicity: "Okay, these are our new friends back in 2015. But last night, you said there were only five."
Rene: "You think when that leader went rogue, not everyone went with her."
Felicity: "Woof. Wild Dog for the win. Three of her original members defected back to the CIA. For a little while at least."
Diggle: "What do you mean, 'for a little while'?"
Felicity: "Okay, 'cause this guy and this guy were both killed in separate poison gas attacks last year, one in Mosul, one in Tripoli. The video footage is - it's really gruesome."
Dinah: "Well, poison gas can't be a coincidence."
Felicity: "No. I mean, ISIS is linked to both of them, but I'm pretty sure this is how Onyx likes to solve her problems."
Curtis: "So she staged two terrorist attacks just to settle a grudge?"
Diggle: "No, not just a grudge. These are the only two that can pin her to the stolen gold."
Felicity: "Bingo."
Diggle: "All right. So she's wiping out defectors."
Felicity: "Got one left - Rob Reynolds, whereabouts unknown."
Rene: "Yeah, but you got to figure Star City or somewhere close by."
Dinah: "Well, I'm guessing we should worry what this gas could do to a populated area."
Felicity: "Oh, yeah. Look." (Shows a video of the aftermath of a gas attack)

603 (Next of Kin) – Oliver visits the Arrow Bunker to ask Felicity for help with William and to give a pep talk to Diggle:
Felicity: "I'm still working on a 20 with Reynolds. It's gonna take a while. These black op guys are really hard to find."
Oliver: "Hey."
Felicity: "Hey. Wow. I'm just surprised to see you here. And I'm also surprised that you remembered the access code."
Oliver: "It's been, like, a week."
Felicity: "Yeah. It was - it was a joke."
Oliver: "Okay."
Felicity: "I'm guessing you're here for -" (Looks over at Diggle)
Oliver: "Well, yeah - and the guy that you're searching for - this Reynolds."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver: "Can Curtis handle it?"
Felicity: "Yeah. I'm sure he can. Why? What do you need?"
Oliver: "Well, I asked William what he needs, and he needs a tutor."
Felicity: "Aw. Lucky for you and for him, you are looking at Nevada's three-time State Mathletics Champion."
Oliver: "Only three times?"
Felicity: "Yeah, they wouldn't let freshmen enter. It was an ordeal. I got over it, but it still kind of hurts."
Oliver: "This can't interfere with an operation."
Felicity: "No. We're in a holding pattern. I'm sure Curtis can come and cover me. I might have to leave abruptly, but other than that, yeah. No, it's not a problem."
Oliver: "Well, I'll probably see you back there."
Felicity: "Okay, yeah. Okay, yeah. Yeah, I'll call Curtis. He'll be here soon. Okay. Okay, bye. Bye." (Leaves)
Oliver: "This is weird."
Diggle: "Being back down here?"
Oliver: "How many times have you come down here to find me brooding?"
Diggle: "Well, I'm not brooding, Oliver. I'm thinking."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Diggle: "Okay, maybe I'm brooding a little bit."
Oliver: "Well, if you haven't figured it out already, that expression is as much a part of the uniform as the green hood."
Diggle: "Every time you were down here brooding, it was because you made some kind of mistake. I think you made another one, man."
Oliver: "No. Not even close."
Diggle: "Who came to you? Rene?"
Oliver: "I needed to come and ask Felicity a favor. And then, of course, I saw that very familiar expression. It makes me wonder if maybe I asked too much of you."
Diggle: "What do you mean?"
Oliver: "I gave up being the Green Arrow for William, but you have JJ, you have Lyla. It doesn't exactly seem fair."
Diggle: "That's not the issue at all, Oliver. I made my peace with this whole life a long time ago."
Oliver: "So what's the problem?"
Diggle: "I don't know how you did it. You never hesitated to make the call. You were always sure."
Oliver: "I'm not. I was never sure, not one time. I'm very flattered that it - it looked that way on the outside, but on the inside, it was - it was instinct. It was instinct, and it was fear."
Diggle: "Yeah, but you worked past it."
Oliver: "Well, you'll work past it, too. Now, I'm not gonna sit here and say that you won't make mistakes, that you won't lose people along the way. You know, most - most will be strangers, but some well, some won't be. Because, John, you're one of the main reasons that the Green Arrow even exists."
Diggle: "What are you talking about?"
Oliver: "The Restons."
Diggle: "The bank robbers?"
Oliver: "The bank robbers, yeah. You were the first person who convinced me to look past just the names on my father's list. You helped me discover that the Hood - that persona - he wasn't a hero. You - you helped me find one. All of this - the Green Arrow, the idea of it - it exists because you had faith in me. Now you got to have the same kind of faith in yourself. Because, if you do, you can be a better leader. You can be a better hero than I ever was."

603 (Next of Kin) – Felicity tutors William in math:
Felicity: "Okay, and after you divide by x?"
William: "Uh, solve for x?"
Felicity: "Yes, but first?"
William: "Is it, factor the binomials?"
Felicity: "Yeah, right. Cool."
William: "But why can't I just solve for x?"
Felicity: "Oh, you will. I mean, eventually, probably in high school, but first you have to master the binomials."
William: "Oh, I'm gonna bomb this."
Felicity: "I know it sucks because you're new and probably a little behind. But the fact that you're frustrated means that you can see how useful math could be, which means, unfortunately, you're really good at it."
William: "Oliver said school doesn't matter in the real world."
Felicity: "Hmm, well, Oliver didn't grow up in the real world. School changed my life."
William: "I used to love school."
Felicity: "Yeah. You will again. Promise."
Oliver: "How's it going in here?"
William: "Good."
Felicity: "Yeah, I'd say we're making progress."
Oliver: "Good."
William: "Could you tutor me some more before the test?"
Felicity: "Um, yeah. I mean, if it's cool with your dad, it's cool with me."
Oliver: "If it's cool with you, it's totally cool with me. (He and Felicity smile at each other, and then he presents a plate of food) Special delivery."
William: "Hey, that's not grilled cheese."
Oliver: "No, it's not grilled cheese. Those are Monte Cristos."
William: "What's a Monte Cristo?"
Felicity: "What? You've never had - this is the best nighttime snack you can ever have, And you used waffles."
Oliver: "Well, that is how we do it in the not real world."
(Felicity's cell phone rings.)
Felicity: "Curtis got a location on Reynolds. We gotta - well, I gotta - go. This is - without you, it's weird."
Oliver: "Best of luck out there."
Felicity: "Oh, I'll be in the Bunker for this. William, you're awesome."
William: "Thank you."
Felicity: "See you soon." (Leaves)
William: "She's pretty cool."
Oliver: "Yeah, she is."

603 (Next of Kin) – Team Arrow tracks down Rob Reynolds and defeats Onyx; and Felicity and Curtis give Diggle a new crossbow that shoots arrows:
Curtis: "Traffic cams picked up Reynolds heading north on Hillcrest. The only things out there are souvenirs and the Haselby Grand."
Rene: "A hotel's a great place for an ex-spook to stash a go-bag and try to slip out with the tourist crowd."
Felicity: "Huh. It makes you wonder if his old crew tipped him off or he's just the luckiest target in the world."
Dinah: "Either way, there are hundreds of people in that hotel, so if they disperse the gas -"
Diggle: "They won't. Let's move out."
Curtis: "Did he forget to say 'suit up,' or was 'let's move' like his version of 'suit up'? Because, personally, I like 'let's suit up,' 'cause then it just lets you know that you -"
Dinah and Rene: "Go suit up, Curtis."
Curtis: "Yeah, I have to go suit up."
Diggle (over comms): "What do we know, Overwatch?"
Felicity (over comms): "Lots. Thermal reads a potential 166 casualties inside, and Onyx's team cut the CCTV."
Rene: "So we're going in blind."
Curtis: "Literally if we get hit with those flashbangs of hers again."
Rene: "Your dorky-ass glasses better work."
Felicity (over comms): "Got visuals, thanks to Mr. Terrific's T-spheres. Go now."
Diggle (over comms): "We need locations on Reynolds and the gas."
Felicity (over comms): "I have him, upper lobby, but I got no way of detecting the gas."
Diggle (over comms): "Canary, Terrific, see if you can locate the gas. Dog, you're with me on evac after we clear Reynolds."
Felicity: "Oh, I really hope he's not making decisions based on animal code names."
Felicity (over comms): "Guys, you got two hostiles in the lobby."
Curtis (over comms): "Overwatch, we need a way to neutralize the nerve gas."
Felicity (over comms): "You could burn it, but I don't suggest it since you're still inside the building."
Curtis (over comms): "We won't be for long, I hope."
Rene: "Can we do this after every win?"
Felicity: "Oh, a new tradition for a new era. I like that."
Curtis: "To go with our new Team Arrow victory dance."
Dinah: "I didn't know we had an old one."
Diggle: "We don't. Never will. Things won't be changing around here that much."
Rene: "Look, there's something you should know."
Diggle: "You went to Oliver."
Rene (to Dinah): "You told him."
Diggle: "She didn't have to. I know you, Rene. I know all of you. It's a leader's job to."
Felicity: "Oh, yes... So Curtis and I have been working on a little something in our spare time. Very limited spare time, may I add."
Curtis: "We call it the Green Monster. Or something cooler than that. Like, pretty much whatever you want to call it. The important part is, it shoots arrows instead of crossbow bolts."
Felicity: "260-pound draw weight. The arrows exit the gate at 400 fps. That's feet per second. Integrated recoil energy dissipation system."
Curtis: "Adjustable mount scope, quick detach quivers, pistol grip, finger guards, non-slip rubber insert."
Rene: "You two want a moment alone?"
Felicity: "You want to take it for a spin?"
(Diggle uses the crossbow to shoot arrows through four tennis balls into the wall.)
Rene: "Damn, Hoss."
Dinah: "Did you guys put stabilizers on that crossbow?"
Curtis: "Nope. That aim there is pure John Diggle."
Felicity: "Not a bad idea, though, for the next upgrade."

603 (Next of Kin) – Oliver gives Felicity a key to his apartment, and they kiss:
Felicity: "Oliver! With a gift."
Oliver: "You busy?"
Felicity: "No. Um, no. I - come in. I was just working on a name for the startup, which would be a lot easier if Curtis and I actually knew what we were trying to start up. Heh, you know, that's tomorrow's problem. Is it my birthday?"
Oliver (handing her the gift): "William got an 'A' on his test."
Felicity: "Oh, he did? Oh, that's awesome. I mean, I knew he would. He's super smart. His understanding of math is at prodigy levels, much like me at his age. Ha ha! Can you believe he's your son? I didn't mean it - that's not what I meant. I mean, math isn't everything. I mean, you have - you have so many redeeming qualities. You know, you have amazing abs - and I'm just gonna open this."
Oliver: "Please."
Felicity: "Okay. Hmm."
Oliver: "It's a key to my apartment."
Felicity: "Okay. Um. Won't that be confusing for William? I mean, it sure as hell is confusing for me."
Oliver: "I know that when I took William in, we agreed that we would keep our distance because he was gonna have a lot to process."
Felicity: "He's still got a lot to process."
Oliver: "Yes, he does. Every day, there's a new challenge."
Felicity: "I sense a 'but' coming. There's a 'but' coming, right?"
Oliver: "But then I saw you with him. And I became 100% sure that, if you want, his life will be better with you in it. Just like mine."
Felicity: "Are you sure... that's what you want?"
Oliver: "I'm sure."
(He leans over to kiss her, she pushes his shirt off his shoulders, and they move back out of frame, still kissing.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1