Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: A Quick Tip Tutorial

How was Tyme safe? "Put suntan lotion on your face" is not a makeup or hair tip.

If I had to deal with Sandy or John, I would end up stabbing them in the brain with my mascara wand. 

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5

Why would anyone go for any kind of beauty treatment with someone with such over-processed, over-bleached, horribly styled hair, and over-mascaraded lashes as Catherine?

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, GaT said:

How was Tyme safe? "Put suntan lotion on your face" is not a makeup or hair tip.

If I had to deal with Sandy or John, I would end up stabbing them in the brain with my mascara wand. 

I'd go big or go home. Nothing but a barrel roller would do for both of those attention whoring jerks.

• Love 1

These are some nasty people.  I do not know how the hell they love Katherine so much.  I noticed in a lot of her instagram pics she photoshops so her face looks a lot narrower then it is in real life.  This is not right, because it is not an accurate representation of her beauty skills.  She did not even demo her tip, so how was that a tutorial?  She does seem like a nice lady.

Dang, that blonde hair man is a nasty piece of work.

How does anyone stand Tyme's voice?  I like Mitchell and the instructor guy.

• Love 1

I didn't understand how Catherine was safe either given that she didn't actually demo anything. I found it hilarious that bleach blonde Asian guy) was criticizing the lady that got eliminated given he was moving at warp speed and was criticied for not even saying what hairspray he was using. Pot, meet kettle. I don't mind Sandy, but the preppy guy with the inflated lips, and ego, from LA is annoying as all get out. He's a legend in his own mind. Then again, most of them are. 

• Love 2

Jesus H. I have never heard such utterly heinous speaking voices until I tuned into this show. WTF is up with Adriana and Tyme!? Hearing them makes me want to stab myself in the eyes! Proof that some people should be seen and NEVER heard. Actually, what is up with all the contestants? They look so dated and unoriginal... and so does their work! Yeah, I think I'll keep watching for the snark ;-).

• Love 3

With this latest bit of ridiculousness, I'm out.  I can't make heads nor tales of this show, and I give up trying.  Mitchell wins with his "tip" on how to apply totally obvious highlighter - no blending required?  Tyme is safe by showing how to apply sunscreen (and then "falling" and going to the hospital in a firetruck) and John is safe by putting two curls in his models hair and spritzing on hairspray, but Amanda goes home because she doesn't show personality and what's his name with the flip flops couldn't get past the fact that she had the nerve to ask her model what she wanted to learn how to do?  I knew she was going because she was the last one I liked...the rest of these people are insufferable, self-important idiots.  I just want to slap each one and shout "YOU'RE NOT CURING CANCER!  YOU DO HAIR/MAKE-UP!"  If they are examples of the "personalities" the show is looking for, no thank you.  

• Love 2

Am I crazy, or am I just not paying attention?  Didn't Corey win last week?  Wouldn't he have had immunity?  If that's the case why did they stretch out the elimination when it obviously had to be the contestant do did not have immunity? Actually, don't bother answering or correcting me, let's not waste our time even thinking about this steaming pile of shit.

The Melania Trump clone host is like nails on a chalkboard for me. She obviously thinks she is "all that" but she's not.

Danny looks like he belongs in a Las Vegas lounge act circa 1975.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 2

Pity us poor peasants who must do BOTH hair and make-up! ?

John is the one I want to stay for the hate,  haha!

Host Adriana Lima is considered a "super-model," so there's that. I think she seems down-to-earth.

Edited by LennieBriscoe

So if ALL of us are confused as hell I'm thinking they did a really crappy job with this pile of crap. 

So 1/2 of them are doing hair and 1/2 are doing makeup? And who are these helpers? And how do you judge makeup on one person and hair on another and be fair? It's 2 completely different skills. Have ALL  makeup or ALL hair. No helpers. Not that it matters. This is a one and done. 

• Love 1

I was really looking forward to this episode because I used to make instructional tutorials which means I am super picky when I watch other people's tutorials. Even if you don't have a time limit, you still need to be succinct and impeccable. That means don't repeat yourself. Don't say "basically" or "actually" in every sentence. Be clear with your instructions. Make sure that people can see what you're doing, even if that means having more than one camera angle. The intro should tell the viewer what you will be demonstrating. Then you explain what you're doing as you demonstrate (don't say, "Just do this").

What annoyed me is that there were only nine contestants left, so we really could have watched all nine tutorials in their entirety.

John can have a seat. His teammate was trying to help improve his presentation and he clearly can't handle any kind of criticism. Getting all your words out within the 60 second time limit doesn't matter if you're frantically babbling the entire time. I always tried to make my videos as short as possible (it irks me when someone makes a 15 minute video when the actual content is about 90 seconds) but the really important thing in that is to make sure that you sound like you aren't rushing. You have to sound calm and unrushed even if you only have one minute. The fact that John clapped so enthusiastically after his video aired showed just how delusional he is. That video was garbage and he sounded like he was speed reading the entire time. He also didn't actually teach me how to do anything.

Mitchell did a great job. He sounded calm and unrushed but still made time to do a short intro with his teammate. He made sure to plug the product he was using, and most importantly, he chose a tip that he could explain AND demonstrate within the time constraint he was given.

I thought Andrew also sounded calm and unrushed, but he ran out of time at the end.

Danny's mermaid waves tutorial was clear and doable within the time limit, but it seemed way too basic.

Catherine's no-lash lash look made no sense to me. So applying fake lashes under the lash line makes them look natural? No, choosing lighter/more natural looking lashes is what makes them look natural. I get not wanting to take the chance that gluing them on would go awry within the time limit, but she didn't even take the damn lashes out of the package to show where to apply them so we didn't get to see what it would look like afterward. She did make sure to name the lashes and show them to the camera.

Sandy and Amanda both had the same problem - by trying to be nice and include their teammates, they wasted valuable time. They should have concentrated on demonstrating ONE tip in the minute they were given. Amanda sounded like she was rushing, which she could have avoided if she hadn't given her teammate some of her time to give her hair tip.

The biggest problem with Corey's tutorial is that I couldn't see what he was doing. If I can't see what you're doing then I might as well be listening to a podcast and staring at a blank screen. The other big problem was that the braid we were supposed to be pulling out was something he assumed we already knew how to do.

Tyme's video did not teach me how to do anything. Apply sunscreen? For someone who does so many tutorials, she didn't seem very comfortable speaking.

I don't think Amanda had the worst tutorial but she was eliminated because she couldn't defend herself and she wouldn't answer a direct question. I'm glad that

John is such a fucking shit stirring drama queen. And like most shit stirrers, he can dish it out but he can't take it. There is something so weasely about throwing something at another contestant and then saying, "I didn't throw it AT you. I threw it in your direction." The passive aggressive attitude where he attacks someone and then dares them to hit him, gawd. It's like dealing with a child.

Corey can STFU too. Sandy knew he wasn't in the top two, so why would he say he thought he was going to win this challenge? Sandy was being logical when he said that Mitchell was going to win this challenge because Mitchell clearly had the best tutorial. On top of that, the judges called four people up: Mitchell, Corey, Amanda, and Catherine. Of those four, Mitchell was the only one who didn't have a clearly disastrous video so it was obvious that he was going to be named the winner. I don't know why Corey somehow thought that Sandy being able to use the process of elimination to figure that out meant that Sandy doesn't want to be there.

My biggest takeaway from watching this episode was that there are a lot of garbage people on this show. Every week is a contest to see who can be The Worst.

On 10/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, Snappy said:

the preppy guy with the inflated lips, and ego, from LA is annoying as all get out. He's a legend in his own mind. Then again, most of them are. 

Are you talking about the guy who wears button down shirts that are unbuttoned halfway down his chest? That's Danny and he's from Miami. I couldn't think of anyone else who looked kind of preppy off the top of my head so we might be thinking of different people.

• Love 2