Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Wasn't Dean the character that used the dating app back in s10.....where he would have likely learned MIRYL.  WTF.

I do have one idea that I posited in the spoiler thread....that maybe with all the pics Jensen posted of himself cosplaying the Red Hood aka Jason Todd supposedly for Halloween, that maybe, just maybe that is the "Jason" that Dean saw as a hero.  It would be a super meta reference but that happens in this show. I know I'm probably hoping for too much, but that would be great. For instance,  given the BTS pic of Jensen looking at the mannequin with the Red Hood costume and has a brief fantasy of being the Red Hood?  And IMO Dean would know who the Red Hood is given his love of Batman.

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I would love this. I forgot about the mannequin.  Thanks for the ray of hope!!

Yeah, that's exactly the outfit he has on in the pics. Bittersweet, because it gives me hope for tonight's episode, but dashes the (very) faint hope that the Halloween pics meant more than an awesome photoshoot.

• Love 3

My headcannon is that Dean missed out on the Fortnite craze because he was possessed and/or in the AU. And while I know what MIRL means in text on a screen, I wouldn't know what it meant saying it out loud like that, like a word. 

We could also think that Dean is doing a great job "acting" like a geeky insurance nerd.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, that's exactly the outfit he has on in the pics. Bittersweet, because it gives me hope for tonight's episode, but dashes the (very) faint hope that the Halloween pics meant more than an awesome photoshoot.

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm going to guess the episode just has a passing comment on the mannequin (like the reference to Gilmore Girls in Hollywood Babylon) so Dean can do a doubletake and say something like "what a dick" about Jason.  And then Jensen asked if he could borrow the costume for Halloween and was told, "sure, as long as we get some pictures." 

I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Love 3

I'd have to go back and look but didn't Dabb specifically say that the hatchet man was was like SPN's version of Jason and Freddy.  I took the Jason reference to be the guy from Friday the 13th and not Jason Todd.

I also thought Dabb said right out it was The Hatchet Man that Dean saw as an idol. 

• Love 3

Here is the quote.

Dabb points to the fourth episode of season 14, “Mint Condition,” as a good example, noting that “Dean is in a very dark place in the beginning of that episode” but quickly gets into the “cool ’80s nostalgia throwback” feeling when he comes face-to-face with his hero from an ’80s horror movie franchise. Dabb reveals that the episode was inspired by “Halloween” and “Friday the 13th,” and the “hero” Dean loves is “our version of Jason, basically.”

So it seems they are refering to Dean having a serial killer as an idol.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Here is the quote.

No, Sam is the serial killer fanboy.  Dean just likes random mindless violence.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Here is the quote.

2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

No, Sam is the serial killer fanboy.  Dean just likes random mindless violence.  

I hate Dabb.

• Love 5

While I thought the sneak peak was pretty lame, I didn't find it overly offensive. Like when they have Dean struggle to pronounce words.

Sam knowing everything about anything and delivering it in that tone, accompanied by the eyeroll is annoying but at least it wasn't about hunting lore. I did not know either the video game or the acronym myself.

That moment where he spoke over Dean was weird and awkward, though. Reminded me of that AU ep last year where Sam was the farthest away from the monster in the tunnel but rushed forward, yelling "I got it". Center of attention complex much?

From Perez I give it a 5 in the meh scale. Hopefully Dean does get better scenes and especially sonething badass.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Based on the promo pics, it doesn't seem like Dean does a very good job of fighting off Hatchet man.

He'll probably saved by random dude standing next to him

Or Sam. Again.

That's what I'm expecting more than anything else because S12b all over again.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Here is the quote.

There is an argument that  Jason Todd is a serial killer. I refuse to let go of this last hope. LOL

3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I really can't express how much I could care less about Nick.  Just go away and don't come back.  Take Chief's army with you.

So, Nick is the Big Bad then it seems? Give Pellegrino his own damn show and get him off Supernatural.

• Love 7

I really want to know who out there is clamoring for more Nick/Pellegrino? Seriously - where are they getting this idea from? I simply do. not. care about this character. More than that, I actively dislike the story, retconning Nick's history. Honest to god, what kind of hold does Mark P have over the showrunner(s) that they simply can't/won't let him go?

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I really want to know who out there is clamoring for more Nick/Pellegrino? Seriously - where are they getting this idea from? I simply do. not. care about this character. More than that, I actively dislike the story, retconning Nick's history. Honest to god, what kind of hold does Mark P have over the showrunner(s) that they simply can't/won't let him go?

It’s painfully clear that TPTB are only writing for themselves now. They don’t care about the fans, the WB or even ratings. Dabb wants the Sam show, Bergen’s wants the Kaia and friends show and the Duo want all Mark all the time. They will prop their pets until cancellation. That’s just the reality now.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

It’s painfully clear that TPTB are only writing for themselves now. They don’t care about the fans, the WB or even ratings. Dabb wants the Sam show, Bergen’s wants the Kaia and friends show and the Duo want all Mark all the time. They will prop their pets until cancellation. That’s just the reality now.

+1000

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Mark P also cancelled his Saturday appearance at MinnConn so that means he several of the next episodes. 

Just go away. 

Wait, this was from MinnCon or are you saying he pushed it to Sunday? I'm confused.

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And yet looking at the pic posted of JA in the Con thread I can't help but get more PO'd about this. The look on his face is what I picture when he gets these spoilers and scripts nowadays. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

The only spoiler I saw from the gold panel is that Dean eats some slop soon.

Someone really needs to talk to these writers about priorities.

Come ON!!! :-/ 

What do you want to bet that this isn't dropped like all of Dean's actual storylines?

• Love 3

I watched the gold panel, and it seems the slop Dean has to eat in in this upcoming ep. (or that is the impression I got from how he worded his response).  I really hope they aren't going to say Dean's worst nightmare is bad food.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I watched the gold panel, and it seems the slop Dean has to eat in in this upcoming ep. (or that is the impression I got from how he worded his response).  I really hope they aren't going to say Dean's worst nightmare is bad food.

Sadly, it will probably be more like Dean's worst nightmare is having to eat at a fancy restaurant because he might need to have good table manners, (which he always had until somewhere around s11).

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Remember when we had show runners that actually cared about putting out a half decent product

...*more sighs*... :-/

And I just saw some of those spoiler pics on tumblr-the Dean and Bobby ones-and guess who my money is on to give Dean his usual boo hoo, suck-it-up princess speech after he's been traumatized? You guessed it, they couldn't get the original so Bobby II will have to do. Hilarious, eh?

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

...*more sighs*... :-/

And I just saw some of those spoiler pics on tumblr-the Dean and Bobby ones-and guess who my money is on to give Dean his usual boo hoo, suck-it-up princess speech after he's been traumatized? You guessed it, they couldn't get the original so Bobby II will have to do. Hilarious, eh?

And again AU Bobby is NOT Bobby. You can’t just cut and paste characters and expect the fans to fall in line. Alt Bobby has to earn it just like real Bobby. I kind of resent the implication that we should love AU Bobby and AU Charlie just because they are played by the same actors. Also, chaining Alt Bobby to the ice queen isn’t making her more popular, it’s making him less.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

*more sighs*... :-/

With the spoiler that Dean eats slop, and knowing this is Glynn who seems to be a fan of comic relief Dean, hopefully this is better than it looks. 

Glynn isn't one of my favorite writers.

• Love 2

IMO, the body language of Dean in those pics spells AU Bobby telling Dean some more "hard truths" of the sort that only Dean needs to hear(according to the writers  on this show, that is-all of them, series-long) after he's been traumatized.

I'm so dreading this episode now. :-/

I SO! hope that I'm wrong...

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Remember when we had show runners that actually cared about putting out a half decent product

Maybe Dean's worst nightmare is being someone else's sandwich...which I would actually be impressed by  because it would mean that maybe Dean is tired of being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sadly, I actually want to believe it will be more than something basic and stupid. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

And again AU Bobby is NOT Bobby. You can’t just cut and paste characters and expect the fans to fall in line. Alt Bobby has to earn it just like real Bobby. I kind of resent the implication that we should love AU Bobby and AU Charlie just because they are played by the same actors. Also, chaining Alt Bobby to the ice queen isn’t making her more popular, it’s making him less.

I was rewatching Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid a couple of days ago, and man, Bobby has kind of always been an asshole to Dean. (Back in s2, I thought that was the only time that I thought Bobby was decent and loving to Dean in that moment after he figures out Dean sold his soul).   I get that Bobby was in torment over his dead wife coming back to life but he was flat out cruel to Dean.  'Don't you get tired of always being wrong". Well, no, Bobby, Dean is actually right most of the time...so STFU.

My point in bringing this up here, is that I think the only reason they brought back AU Bobby is be that same asshole. (No one will ever convince me that Bobby was a truly loving father figure to Dean.  Sorry). As much as Michael used Dean, he didn't leave him a drooling mess thus far anyway, and maybe Michael will have seen what shit Dean's been through and that will help Dean to tell AU Bobby to step off, if it comes down to a lecture from him to Dean.

I just know I'm not here for any version of Bobby to once again lecture, berate, cajole or otherwise behave cruelly to Dean and have the show couch it as "Good for Dean" and have Dean appreciate being treated that way.  JMHO.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I just know I'm not here for any version of Bobby to once again lecture, berate, cajole or otherwise behave cruelly to Dean and have the show couch it as "Good for Dean" and have Dean appreciate being treated that way.  JMHO.

We'll see. If Dabb&Co are not using these outside characters as mouthpieces with authorial intent, then there is no need for this to happen.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

IMO, the body language of Dean in those pics spells AU Bobby telling Dean some more "hard truths" of the sort that only Dean needs to hear(according to the writers  on this show, that is-all of them, series-long) after he's been traumatized.

I'm so dreading this episode now. :-/

I SO! hope that I'm wrong...

I know which pic your referring to and that was the exact reaction I had.

I hope we're both wrong.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

My point in bringing this up here, is that I think the only reason they brought back AU Bobby is be that same asshole. (No one will ever convince me that Bobby was a truly loving father figure to Dean.  Sorry). As much as Michael used Dean, he didn't leave him a drooling mess thus far anyway, and maybe Michael will have seen what shit Dean's been through and that will help Dean to tell AU Bobby to step off, if it comes down to a lecture from him to Dean.

I will always be team real Bobby just for the fact that he said Dean was his favorite when he was under a truth spell and he was the only one concerned when Dean was acting suicidal and couldn’t bare Dean dying before him in Season 7. Real Bobby earned the right to give Dean tough love speeches. Alt Bobby is just another asshole heaping more crap on Dean.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

I will always be team real Bobby just for the fact that he said Dean was his favorite when he was under a truth spell and he was the only one concerned when Dean was acting suicidal and couldn’t bare Dean dying before him in Season 7. Real Bobby earned the right to give Dean tough love speeches. Alt Bobby is just another asshole heaping more crap on Dean.

Will respond in Bitch/Jerk

Hahaha, so AU!Bobby is the only one of the AU-hunters who didn`t sign up for the flunky army? What gives. Though why did he rope Dean into the description of "idjitS". Chief is the main office so shut up. 

I agree, though, that he will be made to learn his lesson. Though better him than Dean.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Don't tell me they aren't trying to pass NuBobby as old Bobby.  He's still the same asshole.

But I'm guessing he's going to come to get an appreciation of Sam's leadership skills.  That will probably be his lesson.

Yup, IA. This one is going to be all about how awesome Chief is, even if he makes a mistake. Count on it.

• Love 4