Type keyword(s) to search

Conner Canon and Continuity

On 4/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, BitterApple said:

Agree! The jack-and-jill bath on the original series drove me crazy because I'd try to come up with a floor plan that made sense, but couldn't. I use to do the same with Golden Girls, trying to figure out how four bedrooms were supposed to be off a ten foot hallway that had the kitchen on the right side and the living area/lanai on the left. 

Yes and shows like Gilmore Girls and Last Man Standing made floor layouts so twisted and turned you wanted to go: "What if I put a hole in one of the walls, will I get a magical work out room?" 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Has anyone else noticed they closed the gap behind the stove? In the original you can see it feet away from an actual wall. I'm still looking for the basement door...

It comes and goes like the other door in the master bath.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Mmmfloorpie said:

The other door in the master bath?

In several episodes they show people entering the bathroom through Rosaeanne and Dan's bed room and then someone else will enter through the other door on the other side of the bathroom.

• Love 1
On 18/05/2018 at 5:25 PM, peacheslatour said:

In several episodes they show people entering the bathroom through Rosaeanne and Dan's bed room and then someone else will enter through the other door on the other side of the bathroom.

Hmm that door was there the entire series tho? It's where the hallway to the left of the kitchen pantry goes.

(edited)

So it's official that Roseanne and Dan got married in 1973. Becky still seems to have a 1975 birthdate, but  Roseanne might have been a little older than 18 when they got married if she's 36 in season 1/2.

Her Wiki birthdate is still 1952.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

But I was just starting to care again :(

And dammit, how did Mark die, what happened between Andy and Jackie, and why does no one give two shits about Jerry, their child and or baby brother who they theoretically love?

With all due respect, you might be a little confused re the bolded. Andy was Jackie's son, not her husband, in the original show; Jackie's now ex-husband (I think the characters divorced during the original show) was Fred, who worked with Dan at the garage & accidentally got Jackie pregnant, then eventually married her. They later divorced because they were incompatible. He was played by veteran actor Michael O'Keefe (who I think is also the real-life ex-husband of the legendary, Grammy-winning singer Bonnie Raitt) during seasons 6-8 of the original.

I noticed, while researching that, the character of Andy has the last name Harris, which is/was Jackie's last name in the show. I can buy Jackie not changing her name when she married. But I'm not so sure about Andy having his mother's last name & not his father's (& I'd swear Fred had a last name; I just don't know what it was). I suppose I could wank that Fred's last name was also Harris, & he & Jackie weren't related except by marriage (it really is unusual when 2 people with the same last name, but who aren't related, get married--at least I guess it saves on having to change a lotta legal stuff after your marriage, except your marital status).

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

With all due respect, you might be a little confused re the bolded. Andy was Jackie's son, not her husband, in the original sho

I think the original poster was referring to their (apparent) estrangement. We will never know why Andy was NOT featured or mentioned in the reboot.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

With all due respect, you might be a little confused re the bolded. Andy was Jackie's son, not her husband, in the original show; Jackie's now ex-husband (I think the characters divorced during the original show) was Fred, who worked with Dan at the garage & accidentally got Jackie pregnant, then eventually married her. They later divorced because they were incompatible. He was played by veteran actor Michael O'Keefe (who I think is also the real-life ex-husband of the legendary, Grammy-winning singer Bonnie Raitt) during seasons 6-8 of the original.

I noticed, while researching that, the character of Andy has the last name Harris, which is/was Jackie's last name in the show. I can buy Jackie not changing her name when she married. But I'm not so sure about Andy having his mother's last name & not his father's (& I'd swear Fred had a last name; I just don't know what it was). I suppose I could wank that Fred's last name was also Harris, & he & Jackie weren't related except by marriage (it really is unusual when 2 people with the same last name, but who aren't related, get married--at least I guess it saves on having to change a lotta legal stuff after your marriage, except your marital status).

Oakland.

• Love 3

With all due respect, you might be a little confused re the bolded. Andy was Jackie's son, not her husband, in the original show; Jackie's now ex-husband

Nope, not confused. Jackie clearly adored her son Andy and in the reboot her son is never even spoken of by his cousins, all of whom seemed affectionate to Andy. Jackie isn't even referenced as being a mother. I get *Fred* the ex being persona non grata (although I rather liked Fred and didn't care for how the character was treated in later seasons but Andy's complete erasure bothered me, especially when it's easily cured by "At least Andy is doing well in the Air Force, I just wish he could get leave". 

• Love 3

I'm trying to do a rewatch and the ever-changing distance between Lanford and Chicago is bugging the shit out of me. In the tornado episode, Lanford is said to be in Fulton county, IL. That is probably a 3 1/2 hour drive from Chicago (not counting any traffic or Illinois road construction). Sometimes, the distance is presented accurately and other times it seems like Lanford is supposed to be one of the outer suburbs.

I know it is super nit-picky, but it is something I notice all the freaking time, especially since I'm from the central part of Illinois and have a lot of family in Fulton County. If they needed to have a bigger city nearby, they should have used Peoria!

• Love 4

While we are talking about Andy, I always found it interesting that Laurie and 'Fisher' have kids together. I believe she was pregnant with her son Will when they finally let Laurie show. She went from not to POP real quick!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

While we are talking about Andy, I always found it interesting that Laurie and 'Fisher' have kids together. I believe she was pregnant with her son Will when they finally let Laurie show. She went from not to POP real quick!

Her bump got too big to hide! They went from the standard baggy clothing/big bag/constant coat/untied apron trick to having her hold a comforter and film in the bathtub (one of my favorite scenes).

Semi-related, but I just found out like 2 minutes ago that Original Recipe D.J. Sal Barone is the same guy from Impractical Jokers.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Her bump got too big to hide! They went from the standard baggy clothing/big bag/constant coat/untied apron trick to having her hold a comforter and film in the bathtub (one of my favorite scenes).

Semi-related, but I just found out like 2 minutes ago that Original Recipe D.J. Sal Barone is the same guy from Impractical Jokers.

"Hey Roseanne, I brought back that comforter I borrowed" lol

• Love 1