Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Patrick Bolton

• Start Topic

I'm having trouble finding pre show favorites, but I like him a lot.  Seems very down to earth, but could be smart when it comes to game play.

In his video he says he needs to be careful of sunburns because he gets them easily.  Looks like he failed given the burn he already has.  May be a long 39 days for him!

Edited by LadyChatts

Interestingly enough, in this Hollywood Reporter article  Probst singles Patrick Bolton out as the one person he doesn't see winning. (The interview was conducted hours after the season began, so all 18 castaways were presumably still in the game at that point.). The relevant question and answer:

Do you have a winner prediction for this season? I know it does not always go well for you.

I know. I picked Ciera last season, and she was the first out. (Pauses.) Man, it's not like I'm trying to avoid it, and I think you feel my energy here: There are so many people here who could win, and so many people I would be happy to see winning. Our casting team, led by Lynne Spillman, has really gone to another level in the last few years. I remember seasons where I would say, with a cocky attitude to the players, "There are five or six of you here who have no chance, and you don't even know who you are. You're that out of it." And then we started shifting: "Why would we do that? Why would we bring somebody on that can't win? Let's bring somebody on who can win." And man, our casting has just gotten better. I look at this [cast] and I think Patrick [Bolton of the Hustlers tribe] is going to have a hard time winning, I think Simone [Nguyen of the Hustlers tribe] could win if she goes deep enough ... yeah, I would say Patrick is the one guy whose attitude might rub people the wrong way. Otherwise, you have 17 people who have a shot at winning this game, and I think that's legit. I would be happy with any of them. When I do my little casting sheets, I write "LW" if it's likable winner. That to me says if they get on the show, then I'm good with it, because they're a likable winner. No matter who wins, we have 75 percent of them as likable winners, so we're good to go. The audience is investing this time. Our job is to give you somebody to invest in.

I disagree that they've gone to another level in casting. 

Also, I'll keep in mind Probst said Spencer had no shot in hell at winning, and he came close (and got a rare apology from Probst).  I can't wait for his full cast assessment.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I disagree that they've gone to another level in casting. 

Also, I'll keep in mind Probst said Spencer had no shot in hell at winning, and he came close (and got a rare apology from Probst).  I can't wait for his full cast assessment.

That's pretty much exactly what I thought.

Although to be fair to Probst, Spencer's own mom and sister thought the same thing. That said, Probst and I do not always agree on what makes a great castaway. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, simplyme said:

That's pretty much exactly what I thought.

Although to be fair to Probst, Spencer's own mom and sister thought the same thing. That said, Probst and I do not always agree on what makes a great castaway. 

I guess to be completely fair to Probst, even I thought the same thing, and thought Spencer came off as an obnoxious jerk at first.  I think he got pretty damn humble when his tribe of Brains went on a losing streak and the men were getting picked off.  Then the arrogance came back until Chaos Kass flipped.  He did win me over at the end, and I would have loved to have seen him pull off a win.  Too bad his second time out was a bust.

I do hope he's wrong about Patrick.  But, I can kind of see where Patrick might not be cut throat enough for the game.  I guess it depends if he's ever gotta get ruthless in the moving business.

Edited by LadyChatts

I always get nervous when people from my alma mater show up.  The jury might still be out on Patrick, but previous Auburn people include Debbie Beebe from Tocantins and Krista Klumpp from Redemption Island. Neither of whom really did Auburn proud.

Come on Patrick! Turn down the weirdo! War Eagle!

• Love 2

I can see the pros and cons of keeping Patrick.  On the one hand, if no one likes him and he's that unbearable at camp, then he may be a shield later on down the road because he'll likely go before you.

On the other hand, if no one likes him and he's unbearable at camp, that equals perfect final 3 fodder.

However, maybe Simone rubbed people the wrong way, too.  From her interviews I certainly expected her to, though only lasting 6 days I'm not sure what she could accomplish.  Ryan called her weird, and I don't think he would have pulled that from nowhere.  But thanks again to a 1 hour show and 3 tribes, we don't get to see a fraction of what goes on at camp.  I wish they could do like BB with Live Feeds, except since they can't do Live Feeds, just stream the extra camp footage online.  Or at least more of it so we get a better idea for dynamics.

• Love 2

Patrick's day after is up on the All Access site.  He's definitely more mellow, and had this side of him been on the show, he might have still been in the game.  He's disappointed but grateful for the opportunity, and obviously wishes he went further.  He says he stood out too much on his tribe (at least he's observant, even if it's in hindsight) and says he should have tried to put a target on someone else (let them stand out more I guess).  He didn't remember everything he watched before going out there, and realizes looking for the idol and not making friends with Lauren were his downfall.  Essentially, he thought he had the numbers and got cocky.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I just happened to watch episode 2 again and it made me appreciate Patrick's blindside even more.  He was way beyond rude to Lauren.  At one point they're all sitting around the fire and he asks Lauren if she dances, then he asks if she "puts on a show" at night, then if she dances in the shower?  All this is said while he's grinning form ear to ear and looking around at the others while chuckling and jerking his head in Lauren's direction like a comedian encouraging everyone to, "just picture it" and laugh at her.  Talk about awful. I wish Lauren had shoved a crab down his shorts.  She had so many reasons to hate that guy, I don't know why she needed to make it about his hair color.

• Love 11

Truthfully, I think losing the challenge might have been the last reason he got voted out.  It was just the icing on the cake.  None of his tribe looked ashamed or upset that he left and they blindsided him.  I think he was just a loose cannon, and an overconfident onE at that.  He was way too comfortable.  I wonder if going down to talk to Lauren, and doing a bad job at lying, helped seal the deal.  Ali tried warning him about his lack of social skills.  He just seemed unaware.  

I don't know why she said anything about his hair color, either, but since he was insinuating that she couldn't have won that challenge (and we all know why), I wasn't upset by it.  I'm glad Lauren was going to go down swinging.  I'm also glad Patrick didn't have the satisfaction of smirking at her when she got voted off.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
(edited)

Honestly, between sharing a first name with he who has recently been dubbed the worst SpongeBob Squarepants character of all time (though I've always found him funny and don't know how he got dubbed as such) and sharing a last name with one of the most vile Game of Thrones villains of all time, I should've expected just as bad, if not worse, from this guy.

. . . I kid, of course.  I kid.  Though not by much. . . .

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 2

That's funny.  The name Bolton still gives me the shivers, from Game of Thrones.   

We have a Spyro Xbox game with little flame-headed demons that Patrick reminds me a lot of, just in how he looks.  Actually his behavior, too.  The game demons do this weird taunting dance, then fling fireballs at you.  

So I'm guessing they aren't friends anymore?  Also, she's right.  She did try to warn him.  Repeatedly.  It's not her fault he didn't listen.  Why keep someone around that's going to potentially sink your game for the sake of loyalty?  The fact that she didn't proved Ali's a player.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

She did try to warn him.  Repeatedly.

Remind me... What did Ali warn him of?  That the tribe disliked him and was going to vote him off?