Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Last Damn Arctic Storm

• Start Topic

I am also not here for Nick giving Edgar a hard time. I don't know what his problem with Edgar is. Heck, the strings edgar first pulled up were ones Sig set, not him. Still haven't forgiven Nick on what he pulled with Edgar last time.

Jake made it through an episode without angrily shrieking. Good job, Jake. Maybe he's gonna finally start to mellow out. Maybe. 

Wasn't expecting Edgar to shed some tears, but it makes sense because this past year/2 yrs. have been pretty rough. And Sig told him a good job. 

Johnathan, oh gosh, stay safe. That's quite the retirement you're living.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 10

Great ending montage.

I was very pleased to note that although Sean wasn't at the top of the leaderboard, his crew walked away with more money in their pockets than most of the others, and for only 3 weeks work.  He's got the makings of one very fine captain.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Great ending montage.

I was very pleased to note that although Sean wasn't at the top of the leaderboard, his crew walked away with more money in their pockets than most of the others, and for only 3 weeks work.  He's got the makings of one very fine captain.

I love Sean and his attitude. I loved in one of the previous weeks how he stood up for his older crew member.  He really is a good guy with a good head on his shoulders.

• Love 9

We got a massive clue from Disco that Sig did not, in fact, retire.   Mike Rowe narrated that he was home "mourning the loss of his friend."  Uh huh.  

The timelines were alllll over the place for this one.  As always, all that mattered was the size of the quota.  There was never any danger that any of the F/V's would not fill them.  Sean sure seems to have the touch, though.  Good for him and his family.

I have no idea how Jake's crew leader was able to do anything with that busted hand.  Wow.  It was a nice reminder just how tough the veteran crabbers all are.

The wedding video was great to see!  Of course Sig was not wearing a tie in any of it.  :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing your smart and wise thoughts in here all season.  I look forward to more.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I have no idea how Jake's crew leader was able to do anything with that busted hand.  Wow.  It was a nice reminder just how tough the veteran crabbers all are.

Not sure if it's been posted here, but Hannes - the guy with the busted hand - passed away at 34 a couple of weeks ago.  Autopsy showed severely clogged cardiac blood vessels.  Sadly, that could be a sign of drug abuse.  Most 34-year-old guys with a physically strenuous lifestyle don't drop dead of a heart attack.  

• Love 4

Loved the final scenes from Mandy's wedding, so looked so pretty. I agree about Nick and Edgar. I can not see that one working out at all. I also like Sean - a very level headed guy ho does not have anger issued like Jake.  I saw that posted a couple of weeks ago about Hannes. Very sad - way to young to die.

• Love 6

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I thought Sig bailing out on the ship was bad form.    For years we have listened to him and the other captains telling us what a deadly occupation crabbing is, how the sea throws death at you in countless forms on the Bering Sea but you just gotta keep your eyes on the prize and keep working ... and then when it happens, when all the tough talk becomes real, Sig abandons ship and leaves Edgar to pick up the pieces.

Kudos to Wild Bill for keeping it together when they lost the generator.   No yelling, no accusations, he just went down and fixed it (although I was waiting for one of the guys to say "Um, Bill?  Who's driving the boat?").      

Edited by millennium
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Sig's heart attack last season really changed him.  The old Sig never would have bailed; but the heart attack probably brought home his own mortality.

My husband had a heart attack almost two years ago.  Even though he is - thank God - fully recovered, it does change your outlook.  Priorities change, and we don't postpone doing things that we "always wanted to do."  Now, we do them.

• Love 2

Was that the last show of the season?  Didn't really come off hat way, but there aren't any more shows scheduled for the next two weeks.

I'm thinking that they're really letting us hang for a while till they figure out if this show is going out to pasture, which it really should.

Discovery and the History channel  may be running out of shows.

16 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

Discovery and the History channel  may be running out of shows.

Maybe they'll change their focus like so many other cable channels (Bravo, TLC, Oxygen, TNT, A&E, the list goes on).

Edited by Neurochick