Type keyword(s) to search

Media for The Haunting of Hill House

• Start Topic

It’s going to be an adaptation of ‘The Turn of the Screw’ apparently. That’s where the quote in the trailer comes from. 

I really enjoyed the scattered quotes from ‘Hill House’ so it will be fun to listen out for a bit of Henry James.

Well, I did like almost everything about Hill House (besides the much too happy and wrapped up ending; what can I say? I like my horror anthologies to end on a more sinister/cynical note) so I am looking forward to season 2. It looks like it'll be called The Haunting of Bly Manor, and I read that it may have some of the season 1 actors playing new characters (not confirmed, but there's a possibility). We do have to wait until 2020, which is the downside.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I read that it may have some of the season 1 actors playing new characters (not confirmed, but there's a possibility).

I kind of hope so. Overall it was a great cast. I also LOVE Turn of the Screw so this should be interesting.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, Mabinogia said:

I kind of hope so. Overall it was a great cast. I also LOVE Turn of the Screw so this should be interesting.

I actually saw a production of it when I was 21 and fell asleep during it but that just might have been a really shitty production.

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I actually saw a production of it when I was 21 and fell asleep during it but that just might have been a really shirtty production.

I'm not sure how TotS would work as a play. It is an amazing short story that can be read differently each time, as it is left ambiguous enough to be read as a ghost story or a tale of insanity. It could make a beautiful movie, because of the gothic setting, moors and fog and lots of atmosphere, but IDK how that would work on a stage unless it is a really high end Broadway production.

After the first season I understand that they are going for more of a loose interpretation of the source material, rather than a film adaptation of a book, so that gives me hope that they will take all the tension of TofS and the slightly disturbing themes and turn it into something interesting. I've been burned before though, so I'm going into this cautiously optomistic.

• Like 1

The production I saw had the little boy being played by an adult male but I didn't realize it so the scene where

Spoiler

the little boy gets possessed by the ghost and tenderly caresses the nanny was completely lost on me, significance-wise.

I find dolls and little kids in on the scary stuff really creepy in this genre. I'll definitely be watching this during daylight hours like I did with Hill House because I'm a wimp like that.  This looks really good and I'm intrigued with what it is all about. Next month needs to hurry up.

• Love 1