Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Two Week Notice

Sorry there was no thread for this! 

Just wanted to say, I'm glad V went through with her quit. I hope she doesn't go back on it, as they revealed she has done before. Jeff is one of those people who just can't be serious, even when the situation warrants it. It's exhausting. (Like, can you just be serious for ONE freaking second.) I know Jenny and Jeff came to a breaking point a couple years ago, but I'm guessing the money is what kept her around. Megan is sketchy as hell --ushering V out the door while winking at Jenny about Jeff's obtuseness. 

I do hope we will see a different side of Jeff with the baby. I hope he can drop the persona. I don't want to see Jeff being sarcastic with a baby. 

• Love 8

Can you imagine if someone stood up to Jeff during one of his flip outs in a not-staged-way??  I would love it!! 

Is Jeff or Gage an Executive Producer?  I caught on the credits that Jenni is and can't imagine Jeff not being one too.   They may have a lot of control over what is shown and he would never permit something like that to be seen.    

I usually love Jeff. Not so much this episode. I didn't think he was cute or funny with Vanina. I don't know what he was trying to prove but he came off as a real asshole. I probably would have walked out on him notice or no notice. Things have to have gotten pretty bad for her to have gotten a 25% raise and still quit. 

• Love 13

What I noticed with Vanina quitting was that Jeff and Gage were both aghast that she would quit so close to their baby being born.  Jeff knew she was upset but kept poking, poking, poking.   He was relentless.  He also spun her being upset into perhaps she needed therapy and never saw his culpability.  And, yet he was surprised that she didn't put his needs before her own.  News flash Jeff!  When someone quits, especially under those circumstances,  she's done with you!  She no longer needs to give your issues any thought.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

What I noticed with Vanina quitting was that Jeff and Gage were both aghast that she would quit so close to their baby being born.

I think Gage was mostly surprised and couldn't tell if Jeff was joking about her quitting and she wasn't saying anything.

I absolutely don't think Vanina owes them more than two weeks notice but I can see why both of them were shocked because they thought they had everything lined up other people filling in when they were dealing with Monroe's arrival. I mean it was all Jeff's fault but I get their surprise.

• Love 3

The sad thing is, I think V does feel an attachment to Jeff and the gang. And I bet the money is really good, so it had to be tough for her to make this decision. If he could have just dropped his guard for a moment, they probably could have worked it out. But he is like a poker player with a shit hand who just keeps raising and raising hoping the other person will fold. I'm glad she didn't. 

Why is Gage not concerned about now Jeff will be with their child? I think Gage is an reasonable guy, so it makes me think Jeff must have an okay "off camera" personality. But then, that can't be true given V and all the others who have quit. Also, I remember seeing Jeff on the Wendy Williams talk show several years ago. He came out after Kelly Monaco who is on General Hospital and also won the first Dancing With The Stars. Anyway, she was perfectly fine, but then Jeff came out and spent half his segment literally telling Wendy, "Oh my God, your last guest was so fucking boring!" Wendy was stunned. So was I. That is when I knew Jeff was Jeff. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Why is Gage not concerned about now Jeff will be with their child? I think Gage is an reasonable guy, s

I feel like a Gage apologist but I think Gage holds back a lot on the show and his real thoughts/concerns about Jeff. He and Zoila are probably the only two people on a reality show that have absolutely no social media presence but even Zoila does occasional interviews. Gage basically just appears on the show and nothing else. And even he was hesitant about that, he was living with and working for Jeff long before he actually showed up on the show.

• Love 8

Gage is with Jeff for the money and the lifestyle -- he quite clearly said this episode that he's never bought a house before.  We also had Jeff, last week, mentioning that he pays for everything so Gage will be doing the morning feedings.  Gage likes the lifestyle, and he's the younger hunkier half of the couple, fleeing Nebraska for West Hollywood and into the arms of Jeff, who gets to be his sugar daddy.  Pretty simple to figure out, actually.

• Love 3

Gage is with Jeff for the money and the lifestyle -

I've always thought this. Jeff may believe he has all the control - he's very controlling about everyone in his life, even his clients - but Gage may surprise him. Gage could move to another business easily if he wishes. I've also wondered if Gage's long-range plan is to end up with primary physical custody and child support from Jeff. I think Gage is using Jeff.

Edited by pasdetrois
17 hours ago, strongoxman said:

Gage is with Jeff for the money and the lifestyle -- he quite clearly said this episode that he's never bought a house before.  We also had Jeff, last week, mentioning that he pays for everything so Gage will be doing the morning feedings.  Gage likes the lifestyle, and he's the younger hunkier half of the couple, fleeing Nebraska for West Hollywood and into the arms of Jeff, who gets to be his sugar daddy.  Pretty simple to figure out, actually.

I don't think Gage is attractive or "hunky" at all. He has Ken doll hair and a nose like Pinocchio, I find him very unattractive. I think of the two Jeff is better looking, except for that weird upper lip. Is that his natural lip or was it enhanced? 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I don't think Gage is attractive or "hunky" at all. He has Ken doll hair and a nose like Pinocchio, I find him very unattractive. I think of the two Jeff is better looking, except for that weird upper lip. Is that his natural lip or was it enhanced? 

Gage isn't my type at all, either, but even Zoila called him "Barbie Bitch" for years.  Jeff has freely admitted to making a mistake with augmenting his lips on WWHL in the past.

• Love 1

Thanks for answering my question @strongoxman. I didn't think it was natural, I don't watch this on a regular basis and never saw the first few seasons so I had no idea. I wonder how long ago it happened and what went wrong. 

I feel bad, I shouldn't have said what I said about Gage's nose. He can't help what his nose looks like and it was wrong to insult his appearance. His hair though, I can make fun of. 

• Love 2

No idea why Gage stays (Jeff doesn't have enough money for the amount of abuse Gage takes). But I think Jeff keeps him because he can abuse Gage so blatantly.

As far as Jeff paying for everything. He can do that because Gage has made several  very lucrative deals that basically saved Jeff's business.

And what kind of crappy parent does not want to be there for their child's feedings? We're talking 7am not 3am. Selfish jerk.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

No idea why Gage stays (Jeff doesn't have enough money for the amount of abuse Gage takes). But I think Jeff keeps him because he can abuse Gage so blatantly.

Who knows, maybe Gage thinks the sex is fantastic?  I highly doubt Jeff thinks about Gage in that way, though, because that would require he actually recognize his behavior as abusive, which he clearly doesn't.  Jeff's probably quite content with a younger, hunky gym bunny who's decent enough in bed.

For the record, though, I do not care for Gage and his passive-aggressive pouting temper tantrums.  I think both of them have poor communication skills, but while Jeff can make me cringe, Gage just pisses me the fuck off.

Anyway, they're both two consenting adults, so whatever works for them is really very little of my business.

Edited by strongoxman
  • Love 1
On 8/25/2017 at 7:05 PM, Bronzedog said:

What I noticed with Vanina quitting was that Jeff and Gage were both aghast that she would quit so close to their baby being born.  Jeff knew she was upset but kept poking, poking, poking.   He was relentless.  He also spun her being upset into perhaps she needed therapy and never saw his culpability.  And, yet he was surprised that she didn't put his needs before her own.  News flash Jeff!  When someone quits, especially under those circumstances,  she's done with you!  She no longer needs to give your issues any thought.

The only way he knows to get someone else to not be angry is to make them laugh.  And he hasn't realized yet, not even after it happening over and over and over and over again on the show, that people reach a point when they are not just going to laugh it away.

I hope that Vanina at least finally opened her mouth and got a few digs in herself.  Like:  you didn't say those things *to* me, but you did say them about me.

I feel sorry for this poor baby.

• Love 3
On 8/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, stewedsquash said:

Oh good grief. This show! I pride myself on not having any smoopie ovaries and yet...My ovaries! I loved every single second of this episode. 

Well except for Megan. I am doing the two fingers to my eyes then switched to you Megan. I see you...

I don't like Megan, to be continued all season.

I think Megan is a mean girl.

• Love 2