Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Stakes on a Plane

raven

Abigail holds Jackson prisoner in order to extract information from him that is critical to her secret master plan, and the team faces a mid-air crisis when their plane experiences an electrical malfunction.

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

Jamie's trousers were... acceptable.

Yes they were.

What a weird place to end the episode ?  Was this supposed to be a double-episode  ?

This is what happens when you don't lock the door on your giant plane -- people plant hybrid eggs on it that grow into a squidopus, or whatever the hell that was.

How did the hybrid know to screw with the battery ?  Did attend an online DeVry course while it was growing in the walls ?

Clem in the tank just looks ridiculous.

I don't get it -- Abigail has domesticated razorback wolves, isn't that enough ?  And where is Abendegos ?

The bigger question -- how did Abigail get Jackson from Ohio to Copenhagen so quickly ?  In the time it took for Jamie to sleep off the tranq dart.

Did Abigail also invent hypersonic air travel ?  And why Copenhagen ?  Abigail said that Jackson would find out why they were specifically in Copenhagen, but no explanation was given.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yes they were.

What a weird place to end the episode ?  Was this supposed to be a double-episode  ?

This is what happens when you don't lock the door on your giant plane -- people plant hybrid eggs on it that grow into a squidopus, or whatever the hell that was.

How did the hybrid know to screw with the battery ?  Did attend an online DeVry course while it was growing in the walls ?

Clem in the tank just looks ridiculous.

I don't get it -- Abigail has domesticated razorback wolves, isn't that enough ?  And where is Abendegos ?

The bigger question -- how did Abigail get Jackson from Ohio to Copenhagen so quickly ?  In the time it took for Jamie to sleep off the tranq dart.

Did Abigail also invent hypersonic air travel ?  And why Copenhagen ?  Abigail said that Jackson would find out why they were specifically in Copenhagen, but no explanation was given.

Either it was or they're pulling an UTD and making things up on the spot each episode.

• Love 2

I loved Dariela's reaction to the Wall O' Weapons.

I could sit and watch an hour of Max and Mitch.

Logan's voice was the AI! Hee!

"Why are there two green wires?" Oh, Abe. Forever looking for logic. 

• Love 3

So many absurdities, so little time.  Why didn't Jackson just deliver a good solid kick to Abby's groin/stomach area?  It would have put her down without all the extraneous rasslin' that failed him.

The plane is apparently pressurized in compartments, because while the vehicle bay was decompressing, the rest of the plane was apparently functional.  Which leads to the question, just how much air was in the vehicle bay such that the windstorm lasted several minutes?  And why was Jaime able to converse with Abe through the gale?

The bosses in the control center must have watched Airplane:  "It's a hybrid nest."  "A nest of hybrids."  I felt like saying, No it's a hybrid nest.

I'm glad Microsoft wrote the code for the program to fly the airplane.  Jaime types in "Reboot".  The tablet comes back with "Are you sure you want to reboot?  Y/N"

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Free said:

...or they're pulling an UTD and making things up on the spot each episode.

I don't think there's much doubt about this!  Zoo could teach Lost a thing or two about making it up as you go along...

5 hours ago, mertensia said:

Logan's voice was the AI! Hee!

Yes, that was a little weird!  But I guess they can save the cost of a voice-actor and put it towards the excellent CGI...

4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I'm glad Microsoft wrote the code for the program to fly the airplane.

That explains why aircraft security is so easily compromised.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, mertensia said:

They might be making it up on the fly, but at least Zoo is fun to watch. 

Generally I would agree, but I can't stomach torture scenes, even cheesey fake ones like Jackson being strung up by his shoulders for hours, so this episode was one I could have gladly missed.

And then why did Mitch not want anyone to know he was blinded during the process of deactivating the brain chip? Because it would be easier to lie by omission about being blind than to lie by omission about why he and his father were trying to deactivate the chip? Hrmph.

I hope next week is better for me, but this season's story arcs could potentially make me quit this show. I watch a lot of TV, but I can be quite fickle too. And speaking of fickle: Dariela and Abe?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And then why did Mitch not want anyone to know he was blinded during the process of deactivating the brain chip?

Because it would raise too many questions, or something.  This trend of no one telling anyone anything is annoying, though there were a lot of funny bits with Mitch and Max.  I predict Max to sacrifice himself to save Mitch, though I hope not, because they're entertaining together.   Max doesn't need to be around permanently but he can pop up every now an then.

On 8/18/2017 at 3:20 AM, Dowel Jones said:

The bosses in the control center must have watched Airplane:  "It's a hybrid nest."  "A nest of hybrids."  I felt like saying, No it's a hybrid nest.

LOL, I thought the exact same thing!  But that's not important right now. 

The actress playing Abigail is def twirling her metaphorical mustache but damn she gets tiring.  On and on and on.  Why is it always Daddy issues?  Shut up, Abigail.

I also liked the plane flying in a circle when it was on low battery in safe mode. Safe Mode!  LOL.  Also when Max went to plug in the gizmo to zap Mitch's brain (and shouldn't Mitch have a bald spot from brain surgery - oh, never mind) he easily opens a giant electrical panel with a very prominent "Danger High Voltage" sign and just plugs his gizmo in.  As one does.

I like Abe being serious scientist and trying to get the spinal fluid and all.  

Fun episode.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, raven said:

Because it would raise too many questions, or something.  This trend of no one telling anyone anything is annoying, though there were a lot of funny bits with Mitch and Max.  I predict Max to sacrifice himself to save Mitch, though I hope not, because they're entertaining together.   Max doesn't need to be around permanently but he can pop up every now an then.

The only problem is that they did that exact same thing with Oz Sr. sacrificing himself for Jackson -- and that's what triggered Abigail to go all "make the hybrids/rule the world" or whatever her end game is.

• Love 1

Good point that we've already had a father sacrifice; I don't want to lose Max so it looks better for that, hopefully they won't want to duplicate.

Not sure of the timeline but the way Abigail was droning on about Jackson's family dying in an explosion made me wonder if she were responsible for it.  Also that Jackson's son is still alive somewhere, I could see her nabbing him, but then this would have been the time to tell him, so maybe not?

5 hours ago, raven said:

the way Abigail was droning on about Jackson's family dying in an explosion made me wonder if she were responsible for it.

Oh, I definitely got that impression from her tone and manner.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Oh, I definitely got that impression from her tone and manner.

I just assumed that Abigail was driving the truck that hit the filling station and killed Jackson's wife/son.  Or maybe paid a guy.

How else would she know that Jackson's son was wrapped in a yellow blanket knitted by Jackson's wife ?

• Love 2
On 8/19/2017 at 2:07 PM, raven said:

LOL, I thought the exact same thing!  But that's not important right now. 

The actress playing Abigail is def twirling her metaphorical mustache but damn she gets tiring.  On and on and on.  Why is it always Daddy issues?  Shut up, Abigail.

I also liked the plane flying in a circle when it was on low battery in safe mode. Safe Mode!  LOL.  Also when Max went to plug in the gizmo to zap Mitch's brain (and shouldn't Mitch have a bald spot from brain surgery - oh, never mind) he easily opens a giant electrical panel with a very prominent "Danger High Voltage" sign and just plugs his gizmo in.  As one does.

I like Abe being serious scientist and trying to get the spinal fluid and all.  

Fun episode.

I hate to pick nits, but squid/octopus are invertebrates.   They would not have a spine to get spinal fluid from.  I didn't get a good enough look to see if this hybrid was formed in a way to have a spine.  And didn't Abe stab the needle in a tentacle anyway?

But the rest of the show was completely believable.  /snark

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:46 AM, shapeshifter said:

Generally I would agree, but I can't stomach torture scenes, even cheesey fake ones like Jackson being strung up by his shoulders for hours, so this episode was one I could have gladly missed.

And then why did Mitch not want anyone to know he was blinded during the process of deactivating the brain chip? Because it would be easier to lie by omission about being blind than to lie by omission about why he and his father were trying to deactivate the chip? Hrmph.

I hope next week is better for me, but this season's story arcs could potentially make me quit this show. I watch a lot of TV, but I can be quite fickle too. And speaking of fickle: Dariela and Abe?

Zoo is only entertaining for ridiculous animal attacks and certain team dynamics, other than that, it can be bogged down by nonsense like Jackson's dad storylines and other convoluted story arcs.

• Love 1

Pretty much zoned out during all of the Jackson/Abigail stuff.  It was obvious that Abigail was going to end up getting what she wanted, so it was just a waiting game, until he finally broke.  Which ended up by her just needling him about his dead son and wife.  And certainly sounds like she knew every aspect about it to the point that I almost wondered if she actually did it, but that wouldn't make any sense.... right?

The plane stuff was more fun with Abe and Dariela fighting some bizarre snake/octopus hybrid, AI Logan, and the new dream team that is Mitch and Max.  Of course now Jaime knows that Mitch is being controlled, so assuming he survives that kick through the wall, I wonder how they're going to handle this little development.

So, I'm guessing all these hybrid nests that Logan and Michael Hogan's organization has found is going to be part of Abigail's grand plan.

On 8/20/2017 at 9:55 AM, raven said:

Good point that we've already had a father sacrifice; I don't want to lose Max so it looks better for that, hopefully they won't want to duplicate.

Not sure of the timeline but the way Abigail was droning on about Jackson's family dying in an explosion made me wonder if she were responsible for it.  Also that Jackson's son is still alive somewhere, I could see her nabbing him, but then this would have been the time to tell him, so maybe not?

I thought maybe Abednego was Jackson's son.