Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: After Images

Whimsy

man first Theo (who to be honest deserved it), now Hottie bi Brett who never hurt anyone (as far as I can recall) and his sister gets offed? Grandpa Argent better be killed off  in a rather disgusting way in the season finale!!

So whats the deal with Nolan? Is he a hunter or just under the spell of the "fear"? Speaking of the "fear" this thing is pretty powerful if it can freak out both Melissa and Agent at the same time. It's nice to know that they did hook up and personally I kinda hope they end up together.

Also if the "fear" turns out to be a tiny 6 inch demon I will die laughing at the reference to Buffy.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madhacker said:

man first Theo (who to be honest deserved it), now Hottie bi Brett who never hurt anyone (as far as I can recall) and his sister gets offed? Grandpa Argent better be killed off  in a rather disgusting way in the season finale!!

Totally agree! :-( And I hope Satomi shows up and gets to help with the justice!

That was a satisfying uptick in action from last week. Not that much happened over the hour, but it was coherent, consistent, and significantly advanced the season storyline. 

I loved Melissa sciencing the shit out of their reaction to the cadaver, and I loved Mason going on obscure science tangents when Nolan was trying to be a dick. All in all, a good week for smart people. 

My understanding was that when Peter and Stiles busted out of the other world and the Pack defeated the Ghost Riders, "something else" came out into our world, too. Presumably, Fear. So, did Gerard figure out that Fear was among the populace and decide to use it for his own ends? Or was he just coincidentally trying to create little "f" fear among the townspeople, in order to turn people against the packs?

• Love 2
On 14/08/2017 at 2:24 PM, ahisma said:

Totally agree! :-( And I hope Satomi shows up and gets to help with the justice!

Who?

Just kidding. I just thought it was ridiculous that it was Scott's pack rather than her much larger pack that was apparently dealing with this issue. Why wouldn't he have called Satomi? I don't get it. And I understand why they didn't want to roar once they were in the tunnels but it still didn't make sense that Brett didn't roar for his Alpha immediately, especially when he was dealing with a single inexperienced hunter at first. This is where TV becomes a problem because you can't get actors etc. On a random note, I'm still wondering where Scott's Dad and his "we will talk about this when I get back" thing went.

I loved Melissa sciencing the shit out of their reaction to the cadaver, and I loved Mason going on obscure science tangents when Nolan was trying to be a dick. All in all, a good week for smart people

At least one of the writers on this show has a really solid background in science. And I mean real science, not that pseudoscience bull that passes for science fiction on networks these days. They actually read psychology journals and they're up on the latest research in a variety of fields. I don't know who it is but whenever they put their stamp on an episode it's really obvious. I flove it. This show has always had a variety of intelligent and strategic characters amongst the growling teen hotheads and it's one of its best features. It's just a shame that Lydia is often reduced to wandering around with a cryptic look  on her face chasing visions and Stiles is MIA. 

My favourite part of this episode was Argent and Melissa overcoming their fear to get the skin sample only to discover that the thing they feared did not exist. If you want a perfect metaphor for fear without being heavy handed about it, that's it. They were literally scared of nothing and that fear was so overwhelming that it took both of them working together to realise what they feared was nothing. Scenes like that are why I still persist with this damn show. 

On 14/08/2017 at 1:00 PM, madhacker said:

Also if the "fear" turns out to be a tiny 6 inch demon I will die laughing at the reference to Buffy.

Yes, kind of the same metaphor done for laughs of course in the very humorous fourth season. Rather than nothing, the source of their fear turned out to be something so small it could be stepped on. And that's why Buffy is still one of the best shows ever made. 

My understanding was that when Peter and Stiles busted out of the other world and the Pack defeated the Ghost Riders, "something else" came out into our world, too. Presumably, Fear. So, did Gerard figure out that Fear was among the populace and decide to use it for his own ends? Or was he just coincidentally trying to create little "f" fear among the townspeople, in order to turn people against the packs?

Gerard has always seemed to already know everything about everything so I imagine he knows what was let out of the Wild Hunt and is capitalising on it. Maybe he's the shadowy someone buying Argent's guns. I don't really care. I always felt like Gerard outlived his usefulness a long time ago and don't understand why he isn't dead. He isn't even bleeding black blood anymore and I have no memory as to why. Did he get cured or have they forgotten?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

I always felt like Gerard outlived his usefulness a long time ago and don't understand why he isn't dead. He isn't even bleeding black blood anymore and I have no memory as to why. Did he get cured or have they forgotten?

Maybe he ate some magic spiders.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:00 PM, madhacker said:

I was wondering if Gerard was the Scarecrow, but that's a much better explanation. 

2 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

I always felt like Gerard outlived his usefulness a long time ago and don't understand why he isn't dead. He isn't even bleeding black blood anymore and I have no memory as to why. Did he get cured or have they forgotten?

Chris Argent gave him the magical cure all plant after Gerard's knowledge helped them defeat a past season-arc baddy.  I forget which.  I guess that says how much this show sticks with me..  I want him and the guidance counselor dead soon, not at the end of the season.  

Scott was effectively useless, and Liam is so dumb it gives me a toothache.  On the flip side, the Argent / Melissa scenes were fantastic.  Two terrific actors with some decent material to work with.

3 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Maybe he's the shadowy someone buying Argent's guns.

I assumed that right away last episode. Chris was suspicious of the buyers trying to arm up—they are almost certainly fronting for Gerard's new army.

Poor dumb Liam.  I know Gerard set him and all them up, but he could not buy a clue that running off half cocked with zero plan was absolutely the worst possible option.   Same for Lori.  She was raised a werewolf in a pack, yeah?  So WTF was with her 1) going to Scott at all (Alpha of his pack or no, he's an established dipshit who only marginally benefits by comparison to Liam and she has her own Alpha); and 2) why did she absolutely refuse to listen to any advice once she went to him?  I know, wooden acting aside, she was supposed to be  worried about her brother and that was her focus.  But she insisted on running off as well. 

Scott and Malia? I really was hoping I mistook what I saw in the season trailer. Fine, whatever.  It's no more ridiculous than the oversell of Stiles and Lydia (which I was not as opposed to as some, but the execution was eyeroll worthy).  BTW, what was the point of trying to sell the OTPness of Stiles and Lydia only to have him gone the following season? 

Also, I forgot to say this last week... Ugh... Gerard.  Did not miss his growl-delivered scenery chewing. 

I really wish this show was about Melissa and Chris. And I miss Sheriff Stilinski. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

BTW, what was the point of trying to sell the OTPness of Stiles and Lydia only to have him gone the following season? 

I really wish this show was about Melissa and Chris. And I miss Sheriff Stilinski. 

Especially when they are re-igniting Lydia/Parrish. (pun intended, in retrospect)

And ITA! More parents.

I could be totally wrong, but I think Theo is still alive. Not sure how he would have gotten away but I think he did. Sucks Brett and his sister had to die, but not surprising. Also I've decided Satomi and the rest of her pack left after the majority of them were killed by the assasins, and for some reason Brett and his sister stayed behind. 

1 hour ago, emcmac87 said:

I could be totally wrong, but I think Theo is still alive.

I suspect so too. Otherwise, his part in this season is really really pointless rather than just mostly pointless

Sucks Brett and his sister had to die, but not surprising.

Are they dead or just badly injured?

Also I've decided Satomi and the rest of her pack left after the majority of them were killed by the assasins, and for some reason Brett and his sister stayed behind. 

It could be. I have been hoping Satomi would feature more prominently because she's so badass and this show really really needs some female badassery about now. With Allison, Braedon and Kira gone, it's riding on a few old timers. I liked having an older female POC bitten werewolf, especially since Talia can only appear in flashbacks.

• Love 1

I don't know, the mythology on this show is whatever it is, but I really like that they're leaning on it so much as they go out.  I do honestly thing if they keep it up at the level both halves of this season have done, we should get a pretty strong finish.

Or mostly I'm just enthused about Melissa getting so much to do.  She and Chris could have a spin-off where they buy a Winnebago and hunt demons with science.

And I'm making myself vulnerable here, but I may just have gotten the tiniest bit verklempt by Lori and Brett's holding hands before they were run down, and especially her "I was taking away his pain" before she died.

• Love 2
On 8/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, AudienceofOne said:

I don't really care. I always felt like Gerard outlived his usefulness a long time ago and don't understand why he isn't dead.

Ditto.  Between him and the emphasis on the boring Jrs, I may have to skip the rest of this half-season.  

On 8/17/2017 at 1:14 AM, RachelKM said:

I know, wooden acting aside, she was supposed to be  worried about her brother and that was her focus.  

BTW, what was the point of trying to sell the OTPness of Stiles and Lydia only to have him gone the following season? 

I thought Lori was a better actress than all the rest of the Jrs combined.  Monroe (the guidance councilor-hunter) gives me a headache. Looks like Lori's dead which would be a shame.

I'm not sure they knew that Dylan would be unavailable when they wrote/filmed that part.