Type keyword(s) to search

S16: Brandon Kee

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I've come here to gush about how much I LOOOOOVE Brandon's designs. I'm reading in the episode threads that while he's generally well - liked, his clothes aren't everyone's favorites. 

But I love them. I haven't liked a PR designer's lookd this much since Alexandra.

Edited by 303420
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, gingerormaryann said:

Two new interviews with Brandon.  Interesting that he met Ayana at Utah fashion week and then he shows up at PR and there she is as well.

http://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/tv/2017/11/09/will-a-former-murray-high-hockey-player-win-project-runway-hes-the-favorite/

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/project-runway-brandon-kee-celebrities-146464

Thank you for the links, those were both really interesting. He very much comes across to me as quite introverted, which worked in his favor this season, with twins behavior contrasting so strongly.

Must confess - I watched just to see if she used any flamingos.  Her style is similar to his, but the addition of flowers make her collection far superior, IMO.  With all the straps and weird hemlines, makes me wonder if they worked together on their stuff.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Her stuff is beautifully made and very intriguing. Those flowers are gorgeous.

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Must confess - I watched just to see if she used any flamingos.  Her style is similar to his, but the addition of flowers make her collection far superior, IMO.  With all the straps and weird hemlines, makes me wonder if they worked together on their stuff.

I agree with you both.  Dina's collection is far superior to Brandon's.  Her clothes look well-designed, beautifully constructed and fresh.  She shows evidence of knowing how to fit a woman's body, make seams, buttonholes, collars, unlike Brandon.   I also notice that they don't all look so nearly identical.  I can see what she was saying in Tim's home visit when she noted that her designs didn't show so much skin, as Brandon's do.  Not a crop top in sight on Dina's collection.  It makes me wish she had been the Project Runway contestants, rather than Brandon.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I agree with you both.  Dina's collection is far superior to Brandon's.  Her clothes look well-designed, beautifully constructed and fresh.  She shows evidence of knowing how to fit a woman's body, make seams, buttonholes, collars, unlike Brandon.   I also notice that they don't all look so nearly identical.  I can see what she was saying in Tim's home visit when she noted that her designs didn't show so much skin, as Brandon's do.  Not a crop top in sight on Dina's collection.  It makes me wish she had been the Project Runway contestants, rather than Brandon.

One of the big issues with PR is the time constraints. We have no idea how long it took Dina to make these clothes or how many times she was able to fit a model. One of Brandon's skills was his ability to make a well-made garment in a short amount of time. That got him through the main competition. The fashion week collections were done in five weeks which averages to two garments per week. By the time they arrived back in NY, Brandon had never seen his collection on any live model. He seems to have made his clothes with enough margin to fit many body times. He had three possible tops for Liris. Cutting those down to closely fit a more standard size model is a ton of work.

I did enjoy Dina's collection, but it looks as if she spent months on it. 

• Love 8

If you saw Dina on Finale Part 1, she seems very articulate about fashion, her likes and dislikes about Brandon.  She even said she didn't care for the fabric he chose, which is somewhat surprising.  I also think Tim put a lot of weight into her opinion because he said he was worried that it would be a skin show and then Brandon said she doesn't like skin showing, perhaps like Ayana.  A good line was when Tim asked if Brandon was pushing the boundaries of taste to which she responded he's pushing the boundaries of silhouette.  I think she'd be a very nice contestant on PR.

• Love 7