Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Divide and Conquer

tessaray

Harvey, Louis and Donna must get on the same page – and fast – when Bratton Gould comes after PSL for poaching an attorney. Mike and Rachel struggle to make time for their wedding plans. 

Mike is self righteous but he is by far the least ethical person on this show.  It's not even close.  I'm just amazed they have him breaching Harvey's trust in addition to endangering his client's case on top of committing an offense sure to get him disbarred.  This is just ridiculous.

• Love 5

There were some good lines but Mike just can't help himself, can he?  He's the one who needs a therapist. We all know this isn't going to end well but it wouldn't be Suits without Mike in serious jeopardy, would it?  Hah.   

I was surprised that the Jessica/Harvey scenes are only annoying me at this point, reminding me of what we don't have. 

• Love 2

5) What do you think Alex and Bratton did ?

I don't know but I hope we never find out.

Jessica/Gina Torres looked fabulous. She is just stunning.

Given what's going on in the actress' real life, I'll be surprised if Rachel and Mike ever get married. If she and Harry get officially engaged I look for Rachel to get a once-in-a-lifetime job offer on the other side of the world.

• Love 2
On 8/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, tessaray said:

There were some good lines but Mike just can't help himself, can he?  He's the one who needs a therapist. We all know this isn't going to end well but it wouldn't be Suits without Mike in serious jeopardy, would it?  Hah.   

I was surprised that the Jessica/Harvey scenes are only annoying me at this point, reminding me of what we don't have. 

Mike, Rachel, Harvey, Donna, and Louis need to go to family therapy together.

Actually, scratch that - those five could go to a therapist so much that he'd have enough money to buy an island in a year.

15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't know but I hope we never find out.

Jessica/Gina Torres looked fabulous. She is just stunning.

Given what's going on in the actress' real life, I'll be surprised if Rachel and Mike ever get married. If she and Harry get officially engaged I look for Rachel to get a once-in-a-lifetime job offer on the other side of the world.

It'll be a job offer in England. Maybe Papa Zaine has a firm there.

• Love 1

It'll be a job offer in England. Maybe Papa Zaine has a firm there.

England isn't far enough away. It's basically an overnight jet hop across the Atlantic so theoretically she and Mike could continue their relationship. I'm betting she'll go much further away, like Australia or somewhere in Asia like Hong Kong.

• Love 1

Something's wrong with the writers.  Not a single person used the phrase "shit the bed" in this episode.  I thought it was a requirement that it be used at least once in every episode. 

And maybe Prince Harry wants to get into acting.  He can be a new 1st year that Rachel gets to "supervise".  

• Love 2

Did Alex seriously just say "motherf-er" in this episode?  Wow, they're really pushing the boundaries for being able to use swear words, kinda like the S-bomb they feel the need to drop every other line.

Oh, and Jessica was the one behind the client fiasco the entire time?  Okay.  Get everybody to work together by adding fuel to the fire.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

England isn't far enough away. It's basically an overnight jet hop across the Atlantic so theoretically she and Mike could continue their relationship. I'm betting she'll go much further away, like Australia or somewhere in Asia like Hong Kong.

14 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

Or die.

Her plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan Atlantic Ocean, it spun in, there were no survivors.

Maybe they'll do that :P

• Love 4
On 8/3/2017 at 2:54 AM, iheartET said:

What do you think Alex and Bratton did ?

I was hoping that Alex was not really a lawyer and that Bratton had been hiding it.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:26 AM, Utpe said:

Oh, and Jessica was the one behind the client fiasco the entire time?  Okay.  Get everybody to work together by adding fuel to the fire.

Yes, what if Alex didn't have leverage over Bretton? The firm would collapse? What was she thinking?

It's a good thing that Rachel and Mike put off their Plaza wedding.  I hear that it's been a thin quarter at her dad's firm.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:13 AM, Rascotes said:

Mike is self righteous but he is by far the least ethical person on this show.  It's not even close.  I'm just amazed they have him breaching Harvey's trust in addition to endangering his client's case on top of committing an offense sure to get him disbarred.  This is just ridiculous.

And of course, there is no other law firm in NY that would be interested in taking on a potentially multi-million dollar class action where Oliver has already done most of the leg work. How about the firm that's having a thin quarter?

Finally, they have now added a new "secret" to the series, which I suppose will eventually come back to bite the firm.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I was hoping that Alex was not really a lawyer and that Bretton had been hiding it.

Yes, what if Alex didn't have leverage over Bretton? The firm would collapse? What was she thinking?

It's a good thing that Rachel and Mike put off their Plaza wedding.  I hear that It's been a thin quarter at her dad's firm.

And of course, there is no other law firm in NY that would be interested in taking on a potentially multi-million dollar class action where Oliver has already done most of the leg work. How about the firm that's having a thin quarter?

Finally, they have now added a new "secret" to the series, which I suppose will eventually come back to bite the firm.

Yeah, seriously - I was thinking Mike would be like "hey my future father in law has a firm that would probably love to take this on...."

Since he could probably come up with a way to get in trouble that way. Maybe in the Suits universe, if a case starts at a firm, it stays at a firm :O

• Love 1

So. USA decides to stop bleeping the F-bombs with this episode? It was...jarring to hear Charlie, I mean Gus, I mean Dulé dropping the F-bombs.

And just how pathetic and saaad did Rachel look, trying to lure Stephanie back? Moron, she now has an OFFICE with a WINDOW, and at a bigger firm, so why would she want to come back to abuse and sit like a sardine in a can at those cubicles at your firm????

I don't want the sekrit to be that Alex isn't a lawyer (which doesn't make sense because didn't he and Harvey go to Law School together???), but something shady, like how they got the clients Bratton had?

Donna continues to annoy because all I see is that her new position is in name only. What exactly does she do now? Sit and tell Rachel what Rachel has to do and can fire associates?

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And just how pathetic and saaad did Rachel look, trying to lure Stephanie back?

Yup, she lost any credibility that might have remained to her as a leader, which wasn't much after Donna's actions.

55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Donna continues to annoy because all I see is that her new position is in name only. What exactly does she do now? Sit and tell Rachel what Rachel has to do and can fire associates?

So, Donna fired Stephanie without also reassigning whatever she was working on, resulting in a motion of Louis' not getting filed?  Who does that?  What if they missed some crucial deadline?  She will run the firm into the ground.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't want the sekrit to be that Alex isn't a lawyer (which doesn't make sense because didn't he and Harvey go to Law School together???), but something shady, like how they got the clients Bratton had?

Maybe Alex didn't graduate from college before attending Harvard Law, or had someone take the LSAT's for him, or had his Ethics class grade changed by a hacker....

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So. USA decides to stop bleeping the F-bombs with this episode? It was...jarring to hear Charlie, I mean Gus, I mean Dulé dropping the F-bombs.

And just how pathetic and saaad did Rachel look, trying to lure Stephanie back? Moron, she now has an OFFICE with a WINDOW, and at a bigger firm, so why would she want to come back to abuse and sit like a sardine in a can at those cubicles at your firm????

It's something that he signed an affidavit saying that Bratton had no involvement in or didn't tell him to do, something like that.

Maybe they breached attorney-client privilege in order to get a client? Or maybe they blackmailed or bribed someone.

8 hours ago, bros402 said:

It's something that he signed an affidavit saying that Bratton had no involvement in or didn't tell him to do, something like that.

Maybe they breached attorney-client privilege in order to get a client? Or maybe they blackmailed or bribed someone.

If so, it would still be a punishable/disbarrable offense for Bratton not to have reported it once he did know about it. He can't insulate himself with Alex's affidavit. If he tried to use it, he would actually be providing evidence that he knew of the scheme in the first place!

As an example, Jessica and Louis were never prosecuted/ brought up before the bar despite their failure to turn Mike in once they became aware he was practicing law without a license. Heck, Louis even used that knowledge to make partner, so he definitely profited from his ethically-required failure to report. However, the prosecutors had no proof. If they had leaned on Jessica and Louis and one of them had been stupid enough to offer up an affidavit signed by Mike stating that she or he had not known of his lack of law degree at the time he was hired, the fact that that affidavit was drafted at a time that they did know that Mike was currently impersonating a lawyer would have been proof of guilt.

I don't see how the affidavit would help Bratton, but I do expect it to pop up in the future as leverage over Alex. I believe there was a similar piece of paper floating around Pearson Specter in the past involving Harvey, but I don't remember the details except that I thought it made no sense, either

• Love 1

Dear Oliver,

Over lunch you asked for help with a case of yours. After several minutes I realized you were asking about I case I contractually agreed not to be part of, the X matter. However, during that time I also realized you are not currently competent to interview witnesses or form legal theories in a case of this type.

Obviously I cannot be part of this case, so I must decline your offer to associate. However, you seriously need to consider referring the case out. I would hate to see you jammed up with the Bar.

I wish you well,

Mike

• Love 3