Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: This Is a Butt-Workout

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well, the real-time polls are back. And they are still annoying and add nothing to the content of the show.

I know it it TAR-Canada, but do they really need to Canadianize all episodes outside of Canada? How lame is that they need to go to Canadian Embassy, in the middle of staged ball-hockey game, just to get a clue?

I used to like TAR-C compared to TAR. What it lacked in places, it made up in more challenging challenges. But now it seems like it is more gimmicks than content.

Edited by TV Anonymous
  • Love 1
(edited)

Man, some of those botched dives looked painful. When Ivana was standing on the platform and complaining about her sore back, I got sympathy pains. My back was out a while ago and the hunched way she was holding herself really made me feel for her.

Edited by Pamela
  • Love 1
(edited)

So the dance was better than diving Ivana? she could have saved more time if she sucked it up, one dive, 5 seconds? instead she had to get dress, go to the dance, practice, 3 attempts. :/

Kudos for her partner that is so kind.

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 1

Has Jon always told people they were "the 2nd team to arrive" instead of "you're team #2" and I just never noticed? Because as soon as he started greeting people like that, I knew it was a TBC. 

I have been saying since the 1st episode that the hosers remind me of the guys from that old SNL skit with Martin Short about the synchronized swimmers so I just about died when that actually turned out to be one of the challenges. 

Zed and Shabbir are still my favourites. They just make me laugh.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Pamela said:

Man, some of those botched dives looked painful. When Ivana was standing on the platform and complaining about her sore back, I got sympathy pains. My back was out a while ago and the hunched way she was holding herself really made me feel for her.

Diving hard for some people.  Ivana was close and only had to do one more, she should have just done it. Ebonie should have went straight to the dancing.

I was extremely impressed by the diving!  I'm one of those people who have never been able to dive, so I'm in awe of anyone who can. Especially from a high platform with presumably little to no diving training.

Also, those teeny tiny bathing suits should have been their own challenge! 

• Love 1
On 27/07/2017 at 4:33 AM, Rachel RSL said:

Zed and Shabbir are still my favourites. They just make me laugh.

Plus Zed looked best in the speedo. 

Father/Son and Brother/Sister top my rankings. Then almost everyone else. Big gap. Then Super Annoying SnowBros. 

• Love 4
On 26/07/2017 at 2:33 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Has Jon always told people they were "the 2nd team to arrive" instead of "you're team #2" and I just never noticed? Because as soon as he started greeting people like that, I knew it was a TBC. 

Whenever Jon or Phil say "you're the x team to arrive" instead of "you're team #x," that either means it's a TBC or you've incurred a penalty. 

Does anyone still have their Express Pass?

They kept showing Zed and Shabbir asking their cabbie to wait and showing others trying to flag down cabs throughout the show. I was sure that there was going to be a financial issue at pay time, but that never happened,  so good for them. I like them so far.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AEMom said:

Whenever Jon or Phil say "you're the x team to arrive" instead of "you're team #x," that either means it's a TBC or you've incurred a penalty. 

Yes, I know but Jon doesn't always greet them the same as Phil. And lately he does this things where he holds up his fingers. So I was wondering if he's been changing it up all season. 

I think the hosers still have their Express Pass. At least, I don't remember them using it yet.

8 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Yes, I know but Jon doesn't always greet them the same as Phil. And lately he does this things where he holds up his fingers. So I was wondering if he's been changing it up all season. 

I think the hosers still have their Express Pass. At least, I don't remember them using it yet.

I tend to pay close attention to how they're greeted and nothing really strikes me as being overly different,  but perhaps you've noticed something that will be used in the final memory challenge.

At first I thought maybe he was just signing the numbers, and maybe he is - I don't know sign language, but it could just be him doing it randomly. I highly doubt it has anything to do with a final memory challenge, that would be beyond lame.

19 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

The hosers used their Pass when they couldn't complete the blacksmith task so there are none left on the Race now.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2017 at 0:46 PM, piequinn35 said:

So the dance was better than diving Ivana? she could have saved more time if she sucked it up, one dive, 5 seconds? instead she had to get dress, go to the dance, practice, 3 attempts. :/

Kudos for her partner that is so kind.

You can actually seriously injure your back diving. The dancing (this dance, anyway; obviously, there are some dances that could also lead to serious injury) is unlikely to. You might be too stiff to be able to actually do it, but you'd have to try really hard to actually damage yourself. A bad dive on an already dubious back could cause much more serious and long-term problems.

Race-wise, switching was a time suck for sure. But life-wise, it was probably a smart call.

• Love 4