Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

They broke the fourth wall a while ago and said anyone can understand Stewie when they need to because plot.

I spit out my food when they kicked in the fourth verse about not freeing the slaves.

Yes, Die Hard is a christmas movie.

fyi, Warwick Mall is a real mall in RI.

I'm surprised they went this way with the plot though; Meg strikes me as someone who takes matters into her own hands. I can't say more, because, Disney.

They pulled another 'oh my stars' with Peter.

Soooo many mall jokes.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, Galileo908 said:

I thought Meg smiling was way weirder. Yeah, why am I not surprised that Meg got off to the first person to show her some kind of affection? Or just Santa in general? And apparently you see Jimmy Connors your first time? And ONLY the first time.

Howe old is Meg? Surely this isn't the very first time she, umm, "smiled".

In fact, wasn't there a joke about her getting a fatal infection from frozen hot dogs?

21 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

They are so inconsistent with who can understand Stewie. Chris can, but Meg can't? The soda jerk could.

They lampshaded that by saying it depended on if they needed something to be funny.

15 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Yes, Die Hard is a christmas movie.

I watch it every Christmas...along with The Muppet Christmas Carol.

I didn't love Stewie being scared of Santa after his previous murder attempts; but I can believe that Meg never "Sorry, Disney!"-ed before.  She's had a few sexual encounters, but I can believe she never reached Disney+...guys her age aren't usually the best experiences.

• LOL 2

Episode 10:

"Connie's Celica"

When Lois gets a job as the music teacher at Chris and Meg's school, a mean student, Connie, decides to make Lois the target of her antics.

Airs January 5, 2020.

Ooh. Danny McBride gets a huge burn. Do they not like him?

And a Skeelo joke. That's a huge reach back. Lego priest was a big burn.

Please tell me someone else knows who Connie Sellecca is.

Do you want a vegetable sent to you in the mail? I cracked on this one. I don't know anyone who uses blue apron.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:03 AM, OnceSane said:

"Connie's Celica"

When Lois gets a job as the music teacher at Chris and Meg's school, a mean student, Connie, decides to make Lois the target of her antics.

Meh. There were a couple funny bits, but I found my attention wandering.

What was the joke about the Lego priest? Is that a real show?

Episode 11:

"Short Cuts"

When Brian accidentally becomes a local hero, an old street pal, and now a successful millionaire dog, reaches out and tries to convince him to get neutered. Meanwhile, Lois gets a pixie cut against Peter's wishes, so Peter retaliates by trying to out-embarrass her.

Airs February 16, 2020.

Take THAT, Sizzler!

I got the feeling Chicago Seinfeld was hanging around the writers room for years.

I loved Peter and Lois's war to see who can be the most awful, and OF COURSE it ended with them screwing. Lois moving everything in the kitchen was the last straw for me. That's when I thought "You monster."

Yes, Brian is awful, but being so awful is what made George Townsend improve his whole life. And he now only has one testicle, so I feel it evened out.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:41 PM, OnceSane said:

"Short Cuts"

When Brian accidentally becomes a local hero, an old street pal, and now a successful millionaire dog, reaches out and tries to convince him to get neutered. Meanwhile, Lois gets a pixie cut against Peter's wishes, so Peter retaliates by trying to out-embarrass her.

Meh. I was suspicious of George Townsend from the beginning and knew Brian lying about having read his books would come back and bite him. I was hoping Brian's heroic act would be revealed as a fraud and hilarity would ensue.

Lois blowing up about Hathaway was random and hilarious. And Tiny Tom Cruise comes back.

Who was the librarian? Was she recurring?

21 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I loved Peter and Lois's war to see who can be the most awful, and OF COURSE it ended with them screwing. Lois moving everything in the kitchen was the last straw for me. That's when I thought "You monster."

They must have had a blast coming up with shit for them to do and yell at each other - I'm going to get a life coach!

Episode 12: 

"Undergrounded"

Peter secretly gets a credit card and overspends the family money, so Lois grounds him. To plan the perfect escape, he builds a tunnel leading directly to The Drunken Clam.

Airs February 23, 2020.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

They finally made a joke about Patrick Warburton being on Seinfeld.

They got Mila plugging her Bad Mom movies too. Available on all streaming platforms. 

I did like the tag at the end on the honeymoon. 

Episode 13:

"Rich Old Stewie"

Stewie's future life could not be going any better, living as a wealthy, old Mr. Burns-type man, until his retirement is interrupted by Brian, who brings news that Peter is dying.

Airs March 1, 2020.

"How's Frank Sinatra Jr? Do you still hang out with him?"
"No, he died. I'll never forget it."

This was a weird episode, but it was nice to see a (fairly) realistic of the future of this show. Everyone's an old loser except for Stewie. I wish that didn't turn out to be a dream, Stewie managed to kill the whole family but Brian, who couldn't die. I was actually satisfied at that.

The biggest laugh from this episode was the slowed down version of Surfin' Bird, and Peter listing off all the dead cameos. Ed Asner is still with us. Rodney Dangerfield was supposed to join the cast when the show came back, but he died before he could.

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 10:39 AM, OnceSane said:

"Rich Old Stewie"

Stewie's future life could not be going any better, living as a wealthy, old Mr. Burns-type man, until his retirement is interrupted by Brian, who brings news that Peter is dying.

Strange ep, but I had it pegged as being a dream or something. TBH, I wasn't expecting it to be very good before they began with the Citizen Kane opening scene.

• Love 1

Episode 14:

"The Movement"

When Peter starts coaching for Quahog's minor league baseball team, he gets constipated during the national anthem and must kneel, unintentionally becoming the face of racial justice.

Airs March 8, 2020.

Meg's being traded to American Dad?! That's insulting. To American Dad. I also appreciated Homer making a cameo, plus Peter wondering why the whole Wakanda bit wasn't The Cleveland Show.

I wasn't really feeling this one until the Nike commercial.

• Love 1

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:46 PM, OnceSane said:

"The Movement"

When Peter starts coaching for Quahog's minor league baseball team, he gets constipated during the national anthem and must kneel, unintentionally becoming the face of racial justice.

Is it wrong to have laughed at the fake Nike commercial?

• Love 1

That was a brilliant bit. 

I was dying when Peter kneeled because he shit himself. I knew it was obviously going to spin out of control but wasn't expecting WaQuohoag. 

I loved the end though when Peter said the anthem is played too much. 

I've never heard that song. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I've never heard that song. 

The Hampster Dance was big in the early 2000s.

Fun Fact: it's a sped up version of "Whistle Stop" from Disney's animated Robin Hood movie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Episode 15:

"Baby Stewie"

Stewie builds a DNA-altering machine that will allow him to remain smart forever, but the invention has the adverse effect and he instead transforms into what he should have always been - an actual baby.

Airs March 15, 2020.

This was an odd episode, but worth it to watch Brian drown himself in the toilet.

I liked the Cleveland short. Also, Quagmire couldn't drink, but we see him with a glass of wine while reading a book at the restaurant.

Edited by Galileo908
12 hours ago, OnceSane said:

"Baby Stewie"

Stewie builds a DNA-altering machine that will allow him to remain smart forever, but the invention has the adverse effect and he instead transforms into what he should have always been - an actual baby.

This was an interesting "make Brian suffer" ep, but I thought Stewie destroyed his time machine and was unable to rebuild it when Brian died.

Episode 16:

"Start Me Up"

Peter's non-stop sweating becomes a liability at his company, so his boss tells him to work from home. Meanwhile, after Stewie and Chris cause thousands of dollars in damage to an electronics store, the two create a fake Kickstarter campaign with Brian to pay back the money.

Airs April 19, 2020.

Weenie & The Butt got Me Too'd. Of course.

The whole plot about Peter working from home, plus the remote table read, was pretty timely. I loved his whole bit of running out and going to work...and then do it again when he forgets his phone.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:37 PM, OnceSane said:

"Start Me Up".

Peter's non-stop sweating becomes a liability at his company, so his boss tells him to work from home. Meanwhile, after Stewie and Chris cause thousands of dollars in damage to an electronics store, the two create a fake Kickstarter campaign with Brian to pay back the money.

Timely or coincidence? I cannot decide!

Of course, Brian is that guy who returns things to the store without a box or receipt (and got it from a previous return/exchange...).

So, if I am self-employed, can I report myself for sexual harassment?

• Love 1