Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks to BRGJOE, THE BIGBOOT, RMONTROE for the likes and positive feedback... I am increasingly liking the comments, posts and discussions on this site about the ABP compared to other sites I have seen.

Here you have an intellectual and stimulating back and forth about the show and it's oddities, that make you laugh and think about what is portrayed. On other sites it seems to be solely the effort of the members to slam the Browns in the absolute most offensive way to the point of being rude, crude and IMO, a little disturbing. The unending, unfiltered  comments about the boys sexual preference and in what orifice they are being subjected to, along with the unending speculation of the youngest daughter being in the first or ending stages of being a prostitute or stripper, are really unnecessary. And then the commenters seem to try to one up the last commentor by being even more vulgar than the last. One can almost see the furious tapping on the iPhone or iPad to put out a message that is invariably misspelled, or a 6 word sentence that lacks content and syntax. Some of the things I've read and seen on these other sites are truly repulsive and make me want to never return. Thanks Previously TV, for the moderators who wouldn't let that happen here.

Discovery Channel has played this program to a tee. Top rated in the schedule, and then they drag out the series to bring in the most advertising revenue...well done. Of course, the viewers like us are wondering why they advertise the program one way and present it in another. They showed us upcoming scenes last week, that we presumed were going to be shown this week. Well, they never said 'Next week on ABP', just 'This season on ABP', and then gave us all a 'rerun/flashback/never before seen scenes' program that was truly disappointing. The network bigwigs know how to play the game to their benefit. We loyal viewers have watched for this long and want to see how it ends, how things get all tied up. If you quit watching now, it would be like reading 'Gone With The Wind' and putting the book on the shelf without reading the last chapter, or stopping 'The Green Mile' 15 minutes before it ends.

So the previews for next week actually included more flashbacks as we see the Browns in their 'natural' state in the wilds of Alaska. Wow, that is pretty brazen for even Discovery, after showing almost a whole episode of flashback scenes in episode #3... New season ? Of what ? How many 'never before seen' scenes have they got ? Will we be watching an hour of them sleeping in their bunks next year at this time ???

more

• Love 4

What I don't get is why, if everything else is fake and staged, why then should it be true that Ami has terminal cancer? Lots of actors get written off shows by dying.
I think of ABP as a soap opera, EdTV, Hunger Games, Prince of Bel Air - (Billy) I looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my cush as King of the Bush
IMO ABP could even be obliquely compared to a boy band, complete with fans, characterizations, rumors+gossip, etc.

I want to be optimistic and go on innocently enjoying the laughs the show gives me as couch entertainment, but by no means in the face of a REAL tragedy.

But you never know, maybe they have no material because they did have to stop filming for awhile, for personal reasoms of the family, and the storyline will take a big jump when it's back?
That all the flashbacks are commemorating Ami?

Yeah, I've occasionally seen message boards that go all over the place on this show.  You have some like RO says are really crude and obnoxious and full o' trolls.  Then you have other places where they are full of "true believer" fans.  Like the ones who still want to send food and clothing to those poor Browntown kids.  Neither forum is where I would want to spend much time at all on.

That's why I like this forum.  We playfully snark on this show all the time without too crude and obscene.  Not that the Discovery folks mind at all -- they're laughing all the way to the bank regardless.

Another thing though that doesn't pass the smell test -- why do they have to permanently leave Browntown?  (ok, we do know why -- they lost their lease to that land).  But what's the show's explanation?  Haven't quite heard that.  I mean, if Ami gets well (hopefully!), then they can resume their lives in the bush.  If things don't go well (you know, the worst happens), they can still pack up and go home (i.e. Browntown).  Don't see why they have to permanently dismantle the place.  And what about that nifty wind turbine thingie that Noah-divinci apparently finally got working?   Is that also going on the scrapheap?  Just makes no sense.

Like a lot of stuff about this show.  :)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, brgjoe said:

I mean, if Ami gets well (hopefully!), then they can resume their lives in the bush.  If things don't go well (you know, the worst happens), they can still pack up and go home (i.e. Browntown).

I've wondered the supposed logic behind this as well--and yes, of course they've simply lost their lease or outstayed their welcome.

But, if, for the sake of argument, Ami loses her fight then why wouldn't they grieve and continue with the dream they've all ostensibly shared all their lives? Isn't that what Ami would want--for them to continue on with or without her--finish Browntown and have all the younguns bring their various SO's to expand the place and provide a safe haven in the bush for all those grandbabies?

I've also wondered if (Ami's illness aside) it's simply cheaper to film in the lower 48 than on location--no hotel bills, less per diem, fewer travel expenses...

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Beden said:

I've wondered the supposed logic behind this as well--and yes, of course they've simply lost their lease or outstayed their welcome.

But, if, for the sake of argument, Ami loses her fight then why wouldn't they grieve and continue with the dream they've all ostensibly shared all their lives? Isn't that what Ami would want--for them to continue on with or without her--finish Browntown and have all the younguns bring their various SO's to expand the place and provide a safe haven in the bush for all those grandbabies?

I've also wondered if (Ami's illness aside) it's simply cheaper to film in the lower 48 than on location--no hotel bills, less per diem, fewer travel expenses...

I think the answer is a bit of both, culminating with Discovery letting things slide to the point of not knowing what to do.

Between the lies of both the Brown and Discovery of how off the grid they are, to them pleading guilty to not living in Alaska long enough to claim the stipend, to even how much their trades were a lie, why would they have their lease renewed? Plus Discovery relied on the fans turning a blind eye but now those same fans are questioning an awful lot, including why couldn't they stay up in Browntown and come down in shifts.

One part fans on Facebook seem to be WTF-ing, which even I did for different reasons, was Bear and the water jug. They're expected to believe this Bush Boy, brought up to preserve resources, cut open a jug of water just to dumb said water out... just to scoop water out?

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, I was sad to hear that Ami's lung cancer is stage four and has spread. She looks very sick........

As crazy as I think they all are, I feel sorry for them all, especially the two girls.  I don't know if I would want to be filmed if I was going thru the treatments she will be facing.  However, I am sure disco will eat it up. After all, they showed Phil Harris dying, which I always felt was an invasion of the Harris family's privacy. In the book on Phil a disco producer admitted to pressuring Phil to film him.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 2
On 7/6/2017 at 4:57 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

I can't figure out the house - it has to be a good size going by the outside plus all the people in it.  But (and someone correct me if my memory's off on this)............all we've seen so far is the yard, deck and room that Ami's bed is in.

I can't figure it out either. Yes I haven't seen anything but the bedroom, yard and deck. Honestly it doesn't look like a very nice house from those shots. Maybe it's a prop set and they are actually staying at a nice hotel.  Make them feel like they are back in the bush with a fake home to film out of. 

When Matt started up that "saw mill" I kind of cringed a bit. He's "alone" and playing with a homemade poorly built gas powered sharp object. I thought this is it. This is where they are going to spin his blowing himself up story into a bizarre saw mill accident.  Well played disco.  You have us on the hook and are just playing with us now.  

• Love 1

is it bigger than that one-room cabin they tried to build way back when?   the one where winter was coming and they had to build it now or disaster?!      iirc, they were all going to live in that one room.........all winter.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:29 AM, brgjoe said:

Another thing though that doesn't pass the smell test -- why do they have to permanently leave Browntown?  (ok, we do know why -- they lost their lease to that land).  But what's the show's explanation?  Haven't quite heard that. 

I believe they have said that Ami is going to need to be close to the hospitals as her treatment goes on, and presumably after that to be close by for follow ups and monitoring. 

Anyway...  You know, I don't mind all the "fake reality" stuff, some of it is even kind of amusing in a way.  But all these flashbacks are seriously ticking me off.  It's like they say "Okay, we have 20 minutes of new footage, we can throw in a bunch or old footage and deleted scenes, and stretch this out into a full season".  I mean, at this point, they are practically abusing the viewer, who they probably figure is too stupid to notice anyway.  It's not cool, not cool at all.  Give us new footage about what is supposedly happening currently, do we really have to watch Bam run the boat into the pier for the 50th time?

A couple things did make me laugh this episode:

1)  Rain couldn't even bother to pretend that she missed Alaska, and that she wasn't thrilled to be living in Southern California instead.

2)  When Matt lit his "bull dragon" expecting it to blow flames, and instead the head just caught fire and fell off.  Epic fail!

And speaking of Matt, he didn't invent the idea of building a house out of tires, it's a well known recycling/off the grid type of construction.  Also, that saw mill of his is a death trap.  Discovery needs to make sure that is destroyed, because if someone were to try to use that, and lose a limb, they would have a lawsuit on their hands.

Didn't they keep showing "Coming up" previews of some of the kids dismantling the turbine, but then never got around to showing it?  It looks like Bear may be responsible for wrecking the turbine again.  In fact, they never even got around to heading back to pack up Browntown.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

Okay, we have 20 minutes of new footage

I don't know what episode you were watching, I saw about 10 minutes of new stuff and it literally was boring...

3 hours ago, rmontro said:

Didn't they keep showing "Coming up" previews of some of the kids dismantling the turbine, but then never got around to showing it?

Just like the Matt explosion and the deathbed Ami scenes... We will probably see the explosion in October, the dismantling of the turbine will be in the 'special' 'Christmas with the Browns episode', most likely... When they finally got around to showing Ami in the bed (with her prop rose ), I was expecting (along with about 99% of the viewers I assume ) to be given an update and review of her medical condition, and all we got was a feeble "Rain got me some ice water" comment... I almost shouted at the TV "You despicable people and your horrible show should be torn down and a parking lot put in your place" !!!....

OK, I'll admit it, I did shout it.... haha

............more.............  or less

• Love 1
(edited)

has "someone" climbed that wind-power pole?

in realityworld,  couldn't a couple of the young men who want to live in the bush,............   live in that house?      that would be a bush thing to do.   

who's going to tend that cow when it returns?       

it will need,.................uhhhhhh,..............wait.  .........    cow    ..........   reality.     ............    I'm confused.

ypxxy1q.jpg

Edited by clod
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, realityobserver said:

I don't know what episode you were watching, I saw about 10 minutes of new stuff and it literally was boring...

No, I meant there are about 20 minutes of new footage total that they are trying to spread out over a whole season.  And filling in the rest with old footage and deleted scenes.

I liked the scene where Bear was trying to get Rain to say she missed Alaska, to no avail.  I got the impression she was completely happy to be in Southern California, where it's warm,, and she probably has friends her own age to hang out with.  Give her a few years, and I bet she'll be out clubbing with other celebs (even if she is a D lister).

• Love 1
On 7/8/2017 at 0:32 AM, Sup wit dat said:

The new Alaskan Bush People but for real, not the bullshit we're getting from the Brownclowns.  Make it so!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4676130/How-world-s-isolated-family-fled-modern-world.html

Interesting article.  Love how they embrace technology but hate that the husband seems like a real loony-toon.  Being stoned?  Loved it.

@realityobserver - love your recaps.  You save me from having to even being tempted to watch this shitshow.  Now following you on Wordpress.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, clod said:

is it bigger than that one-room cabin they tried to build way back when?   the one where winter was coming and they had to build it now or disaster?!      iirc, they were all going to live in that one room.........all winter.

Well, when they weren't all in private rooms at the Hoonah Lodge....

(Sorry for the weird quote blank below...my bad.)

15 hours ago, realityobserver said:
19 hours ago, rmontro said:

• Love 1

About the footage/flashbacks/repeats:  Could it be that they're just phasing out, lazy mf?

Don't/Didn't they shoot with cameras, drones, GoPros and helicopters, for months at a time?

Don't dozens of editors pare max terabytes down to what we got to see?

Is it just hype? Where is the rest?

Faithful viewers are ready for the hushpuppies.  Right?

• Love 1
(edited)

y'all reminded me of something I read years ago.

in general, tv show syndicators want close to 100 shows before making syndication (rerun) deals.

one show was mentioned where they were going to be one season short.    advertising revenue was dropping and the show was going to lose money if continued one more season.

the producers decided to cover the losses of the next (last) season themselves, just so they could reach the right number for a syndication deal.

could that be what is happening with ABP?      are they stretching out new content - trying to reach a critical number of shows before unplugging it?

how many shows have been created?   counting specials.

Edited by clod
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, checker said:

About the footage/flashbacks/repeats:  Could it be that they're just phasing out, lazy mf?

Possible.  From Billy's comments, it doesn't sound like the family is going to be back in the bush anytime soon.  And I know they've shown us some of Ami's health problems, but as things get worse I doubt that they are going to continue filming.

I think that instead of showing us all this old footage of them in the bush, I think they should flip it on its head and convert it into a Beverly Hillbillies/fish out of water type show.  They can script that just as easily as the Alaskan stuff.  Or move them all to Kentucky and rename it Kentucky Bush People.

• Love 2

I think Discovery is tauting another "lost footage episode" tomorrow ( Wednesday July 12).  If that's the case, they need to just put this series away, either for good or on a hiatus.  It was very ill considered to air this new season so soon after the last, especially given the health of Ami.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

I think Discovery is tauting another "lost footage episode" tomorrow ( Wednesday July 12).  If that's the case, they need to just put this series away, either for good or on a hiatus.  It was very ill considered to air this new season so soon after the last, especially given the health of Ami.

I doubt Discovey or Billy would let that happen. In spite of what would morally right this is too much of a cash cow for them. Billy could have easily said, kids stay up there, keep Browntown going and if things get worse come down. It was our dream to live up there and make Brown town happen, so keep it going. Nope, we've got to film those poor fish out of water.

Besides, when they have a fan base who believes every word that comes out of their mouth despite being proven to be frauds and liars, why wouldn't they milk that for all it's worth?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, rmontro said:

I think that instead of showing us all this old footage of them in the bush, I think they should flip it on its head and convert it into a Beverly Hillbillies/fish out of water type show.

They already ARE fish out of water wit their 3 Stooges act up in the bush.

• Love 2

I keep seeing the commercial where Bam and Bear are dressed up in costumes in a town (looks like Ketchikan).  Bam says, "You look like a Care Bear, you know that?"

Suddenly I wonder how people who have lived deep in the bush for their entire lives know what a Care Bear looks like.

Also, I watched for the blurred out stuffed animal on Ami's bed.  It looks like a blue plush stuffed fish; I suspect it's blurred because of copyright restrictions.

• Love 2

At least this time DISCO pretty much said this would be a clip show.  Even though it's supposedly another "special" episode of the show.

Thanks realityobserver once again.  Appreciated the review -- since I had no desire at all to tune into that clipshow crapfest.  Sounds like we who didn't see it didn't miss much.  Except more bullshittery, apparently.

• Love 1

From the looks of things, most of next week's show is old footage also.  We got Ami's diagnosis weeks ago, and they were waiting to hear (on the show) what her treatment was going to be.  Nothing has advanced from that point at all, not one inch, because they're stuffing the show full of filler.  All the new footage we've seen so far wouldn't even fill one episode.  Discovery should be ashamed of themselves.

That said, it was kind of nice to see where Mr. Cupcake came from.  He was definitely a cute puppy.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, rmontro said:

From the looks of things, most of next week's show is old footage also.  We got Ami's diagnosis weeks ago, and they were waiting to hear (on the show) what her treatment was going to be.  Nothing has advanced from that point at all, not one inch, because they're stuffing the show full of filler.  All the new footage we've seen so far wouldn't even fill one episode.  Discovery should be ashamed of themselves.

That said, it was kind of nice to see where Mr. Cupcake came from.  He was definitely a cute puppy.

Might be hard because they are supposedly in Colorado.  Maybe for the marijuana but I thought you could get medicinal marijuana in Ca., so there would be no need to go to Colorado.

I will say that the clip of Bam and Bear dressed in costumes does show just how short Bear really is.

There are no words for this shit show. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Also, I watched for the blurred out stuffed animal on Ami's bed.  It looks like a blue plush stuffed fish; I suspect it's blurred because of copyright restrictions.

And crazy as it sounds, THAT was what I was watching and wondering about the whole time they showed that scene.... ?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, realityobserver said:

And crazy as it sounds, THAT was what I was watching and wondering about the whole time they showed that scene.... ?

One other possibility.  There is a stuffed blue fish toy that is very rare and sells for over $150.  Maybe they didn't want the fans to see that they blow that much money on stuffed animals out there in the wilderness.

• Love 2

Thank you, RealityObserver, for yet another great recap of this drek! I must admit I'm amused for the Matt explosion episode coming up, especially since this is all supposed to be taking place in real time but we all knew about this before the season started?

I also continue to be amused by their fans on Facebook, even with their attempts to say if you can't say anything nice don't comment at all. Truth doesn't seem to faze them in the least. They can't answer why if this is all real did they all leave Browntown, let Discovery dismantle it and move to the lower 48. Heck, ABP Exposed found a great pic of the guy with Noah who towed his car in CO.

It justifies my statement of why they won't let this cash cow die. Even with proof from the state of Alaska of their fraud, the fans insist everyone is out to get them. They can do no wrong.

• Love 3
(edited)

Read Reality Observers recap and I missed this when the show aired:  Noah is back in Alaska (didn’t he leave last week?), putting down bones wrapped in red ribbon, or something, to detox the bear population’s ‘Fairy Circles’.

My bad - I did a FF through all the recap stuff and skipped most of the episode - except for Cupcake because, well, PUPPIES (how could you not love puppies no matter who they're going to live with!).  Now I'm sorry I missed this but not sorry enough to re-watch on demand.  Still, of all the family Noah is supposed to be Mr Logic, Mr Science, Mr Inventor; you wouldn't think he'd be the one to float off into fairly land unless the fairies used a semi-electrified fence that covers 3 feet of land.

Can't tell what they're doing next week - they're in the desert cooking eggs in the sun, then they're in a forest that looks like Yellowstone or Yosemite or the Rockie Mountains (buffalo sightings; could be any of those places or even further like South Dakota).  Are they traveling to a new treatment center?  Are they re-capping the families perilous journey from Alaska to LA?  Are we ever going to get a timeline that makes sense?  (the answer to that last one is no).

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Read Reality Observers recap and I missed this when the show aired:  Noah is back in Alaska (didn’t he leave last week?), putting down bones wrapped in red ribbon, or something, to detox the bear population’s ‘Fairy Circles’.

This scene took place at the very beginning of the episode... 

Timeline of the show ?   Well, even Noah can't fix that mess, this last show was just a 'lost' episode that they said took place 4 years ago. What is happening now is up for grabs. 

What seems to be the truth is; The family went to Southern California and hung out a few months while Ami got deathly ill. Finally decided to seek treatment at UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica. Meanwhile Noah stayed behind in Browntown to scare the bears away from the family's possessions. Upon testing Ami and finding cancer, the cult of Browns decided to stay in the lower 48. Matt went north to Brownghetto to inform Noah and stayed behind as Noah headed south. Bear and the 2 girls decided to head north also to pack up stuff from the cesspool dump called Browntown. Somewhere in there Matt blows a refrigerator up and he is in need of medical treatment. Billy and Ami have decided to live somewhere that is more convenient to medical care, that place possibly being in Colorado. This is based on speculation, Discovery Channel teasers and websites dedicated to finding out what in the hell these people are up to.

Meanwhile, Aunt Martha and Uncle Sedrick are trying to find the hidden jewels that cousin Poindexter left behind after his unsolved murder in Harlington Manor... 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Are we ever going to get a timeline that makes sense?

I hear ya. They were jumping around so much it was quite confusing. Were they showing scenes of them in Colorado? Billy was talking about building a house but it didn't look like the Lost Episode time period. And the scenery looked more like CO than Alaska. Oh goodness there are all over the place this season. 

Why did Billy have to fly 80 miles in an, I'm sure, very expensive plane ride to POW island to get a free dog?  Did they not have free dogs in Ketchikan which would have been much closer? Did I miss something? 

Mr. Cupcake is the only real thing in that whole show. 

Edited by Dennie
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Dennie said:

I hear ya. They were jumping around so much it was quite confusing. Were they showing scenes of them in Colorado? Billy was talking about building a house but it didn't look like the Lost Episode time period. And the scenery looked more like CO than Alaska. Oh goodness there are all over the place this season. 

It does appear that they are going to relocate (presumably in Colorado) and build another bush type house in a fairly rugged area.  But wouldn't that be too far from medical help for Ami?  I wish they would just tell their story in linear time rather than jumping all over the place.  I guess they keep trying to remind us why it's called Alaskan Bush People.  Or else they're just trying to wring every last bit of television out of every last piece of footage that they have.

The scene where the brothers were hitting on the girls:  I loved how Noah picked the girl with the crutches.  Go for the lame, the injured, and the ones that can't run away.  :)

• Love 3
22 hours ago, rmontro said:

It does appear that they are going to relocate (presumably in Colorado) and build another bush type house in a fairly rugged area.  But wouldn't that be too far from medical help for Ami?  I wish they would just tell their story in linear time rather than jumping all over the place.  I guess they keep trying to remind us why it's called Alaskan Bush People.  Or else they're just trying to wring every last bit of television out of every last piece of footage that they have.

It would depend on where in CO they relocate to--as we know, the bush can be a block away from Domino's Pizza. Denver has some good medical facilities, maybe not quite the Mayo Clinic but not chopped liver, either. My little boy lives and works in Denver and it's a large and growing place, lots of stuff going on there. If they choose to end up in the boonies, maybe not so much; I'm guess it depends on where TPTB find some idiot willing to allow their land to be despoiled for $.

I also suspect that they're trying to wring every last bit of time and money out of already in the can footage, be it 'lost footage', extended scenes' or whatever--no point in just letting that stuff sit in some storeroom somewhere when they can air it as new and improved. I also wouldn't be surprised if A) Ami's filming time is severely shortened due to her treatments and obvious serious condition and B)the other family members are tired of this mess and want to move on--at least a goodly % of them, anyway.

1 hour ago, Beden said:

It would depend on where in CO they relocate to--as we know, the bush can be a block away from Domino's Pizza.

Maybe they're going to live literally in a bush.  I'd tune in to watch that.

Some of the family members are probably tired of the filming, but as I've said before they probably don't have too many career options.  Might as well milk the cow while they have it.

So much WTF in the latest episode it isn't even funny. Also, thanks once again for an epic recap, RealityObserver!

Where to begin? Guess they wanted us to forget this was all supposed to be happening in real time? Especially since the explosion happened months ago. Which, speaking off, they made sure to push the "he was alone" thing, I mean it came off odd how hard they were pushing.

Again, assuming this real time drek is still being pushed, you expect me to believe Ami is so cancer stricken you can't get treatment in Alaska, so bad she's close to a feeding tube, but there's future footage of them off to find a new Browntown. For the record, I'm not doubting the cancer, Discovery just screwed themselves with the real time bit.

Butter stick eating, what can you even say about that?

• Love 2

Great recap again, realityobserver!

Admittedly I only saw bits and pieces of this patchwork episode myself.   So will only comment on what I actually did see.

I tune in and see Matt and Kenny the Extra.  They're both just talking and reminiscing.  Bo-ring.  So, I tune out for a little bit.  Then after awhile of watching (bad) baseball, I tune back into the show.  I see where Kenny is almost in hysterics, crying about missing Matt and the rest of the cult.  I almost expected him to say, "I just can't quit you, man!"  Time to change the channel again...click!

After some more bad baseball, I tune back into the Browntown follies.   Bear and the girls are trying to take down the fabulous wind turbine thingie.  Once again, they stupidly go at it in a haphazard manner and the thing falls to the ground once again.  But miracle upon miracles, it's supposedly undamaged.  Hard to damage a pile of junk, I s'pose.  <CLICK!>

When I land on Discovery again, I see the (apparent) reenactment of that explosion which injured Matt.  The show is claiming it happened while he was all by his lonesome in Browntown.  Didn't it actually happen in his apartment (shhh!) in Hoonah?  And then the show claims the explosion happened from gunpowder from some sort of anti-bear IED or something.  Whaaa? 

That was enough for me for one week.  <click> 

• Love 1

When one gets a top of the head injury big enough to get 9 staples, doesn't one usually get at least part of ones head shaved? I didn't see any shaved spots in that greasy dirty mess of a Matt mop.  They are not even trying with this storyline. 

Each one of them returning to Brownsville is supposed to be packing the place up. I have yet to see anyone packing (unless you call tearing down the wind power thingy packing). I'm sure they already took whatever was most important to them to Cali. Can they just burn the rest of the junk and be done with it.  

So the 10 year old Bear child thinks he is in charge of keeping his sisters safe in Brownsville? Biggest laugh of the night. 

I couldn't even watch the butter eating contest. Who does that?? And where did the butter come from...did they stop at the grocery store on the way? Didn't see them carrying any groceries off the skiff. 

• Love 4

And yet again I was out, having dinner with friends last night and clearly didn't miss anything.

I mean, I missed nothing and--truth be told--seeing a possibly/likely dying woman in pain isn't entertainment and doesn't edit well with slapstick IMO.

This is now horrible and not in a 'the jokes are so bad they hurt' kind of way. This is simply indefensible for exploiting genuine physical and emotional suffering, no matter how it's being defended due to contracts or whatever. I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer but--c'mon. Enough. The shits and giggles are over for me. Sure, I'll hang around for the snark but actually watch this? No and no.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Someone cage up that Feral Caveboy and give him his ADD meds. AweShome !

You beat me to it!  I was thinking the same thing after watching Bear do his running, climbing, digging, howling "I'm back in the bush" celebration.  And it went downhill from there which taught me one thing - a little of Bear goes a very, very long way.  I don't think he's gotten this much screen time before and you realize he's exhausting to watch; if that's what he's really like it's no wonder the Browns encouraged him to go do extreme bush rolls in the grass and hang out in the treetops - anything to get rid of him and shut him up for awhile.

So explosions were heard in Browntown and reported to the crew who had left for the night - Heard and reported by who?  It's never said and the premise that Billy drilled into the viewers over the years, (we're so remote, it's so far to town and a dangerous trip, there's nobody around we rely on ourselves) just gets thrown out the window and glossed over by production.  For a film crew they're not very creative - at least say they left one camera man with night vision there or a remote feed that was being monitored; a five year old could come up with a better story than "somebody heard it".

Noah left and was supposed to be going to CA to be with Ami.......... yet he was available to be with Matt in Juneau but then was nowhere to be seen when Matt got to CA two weeks later (we assume it was two weeks).  Matt tells the story to Bam but his head doesn't look shaved, there's nothing to indicate where the staples were, he doesn't even show Bam where he was hurt.  Bam doesn't look or sound like he's even trying to pretend anymore.

The interesting part was Ami and the crew - I wish they'd come out and say what's going on with the filming.  If you go by last night it seems like it's with the Brown's consent but they don't want to be filmed every minute like when Billy said he needed a break (understandable), it also seems like they have someone higher up helping them maybe even sitting in on the medical meetings they don't film.  It was touching that the producer cried too and explained things to the boys so Billy didn't have to and hopefully she's not faking that part.  But would it hurt to just come out and say that - "We continue to film with the Browns consent and Ami and Billy have asked us to follow their medical journey" or some such thing.

BTW:  If you're wondering about Ami's diagnosis, 3B is advanced cancer that's metastasized.  There's also the TNM designation (T for Tumors, N for Lymph Nodes and M for Metastases) which wasn't mentioned so if she were (for example) T1, N0, M0 she'd have a small tumor, no lymph nodes involved and not metastasized but being 3B she likely has an "N" or "M" level or both plus having well advanced cancer in the lungs. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, thebigboot said:

Where to begin? Guess they wanted us to forget this was all supposed to be happening in real time? Especially since the explosion happened months ago. Which, speaking off, they made sure to push the "he was alone" thing, I mean it came off odd how hard they were pushing.

Again, assuming this real time drek is still being pushed, you expect me to believe Ami is so cancer stricken you can't get treatment in Alaska, so bad she's close to a feeding tube, but there's future footage of them off to find a new Browntown. For the record, I'm not doubting the cancer, Discovery just screwed themselves with the real time bit.

I notice people seem to get hung up on the "real time" bit.  I think at the beginning of each show they've said something along the lines of "The events depicted in this episode are still playing out in real time" or something like that.  I just take that to mean that Ami's health issues are still ongoing, and haven't been resolved.  I don't think it has anything to do with how the episodes were filmed.  There is still as much fakery as ever.

I do think it's odd that they're out looking for a new Browntown.  Someone here suggested maybe they are building on a piece of property that is close to a medical facility.  The way it looks in the previews appears pretty odd though.  RailingKill said in his recap that you can't just pull off the road anywhere and decide to build a cabin, although I wouldn't be surprised if that is how it is presented to us.

• Love 1

I thought was the producer that was there was Bam's wife and she would be close to them and what is happening to Ami.  She said she weighed what 94 lbs?  Ami was always small anyway.

Did you notice that Gabe was barely seen?   Just coming back from the hospital with Ami & Billy.  

I noticed that about Matt's head too.  Perfectly gelled hair.  No way would it look like that if the accident had just happened.  As for Noah, maybe his flight out of the area had not left when Matt pulled his boneheaded move.  Not sure what to think about Discovery, are they thinking that the fans are that stupid that they don't know what really happened or is it they just don't give a shit now about the show?

Please oh PLEASE, less Bear.  Can't take him and his bullshit.  3 seconds is 3 seconds too much of him.  Those poor bears that are exposed to him.  If they were the wild ones, they would have him for lunch.

You can tell that both Gabe and Bam have checked out of this show.

1st post so please give some slack if I'm all over the place. I've already lost my post once. By the time I post my observations someone may have already made the same observation or answered a question that I pose.

What was that shit on Matts head when the paramedics were tending to/examining his head........slimy reddish jello? As was mentioned before I thought this explosion took place in his apartment, and that is a widely reported fact. So, how can anyone believe this story that it happened when he was alone in B-town? Have the people/fans that believe this stuff not heard about that or do they think it's just FAKE NEWS!? How come none of his family have any idea how this happened for days after? I would think one of the first things I would want to know is what and how it happened. Perhaps they just didn't want to say to much and be caught in the lie. When he told Bam he had nine staples (would the family not know that by the time he talked with Bam?) I too thought wouldn't they have had to shave off some of that mop mess of hair.

I have more to say but holy sticks of butter I don't want to lose this post again. Maybe I'll try later. I am so glad I found this site and realize that I am not the only one who makes the same observations you guys do. I regret that it appears that the show is coming to and end and I won't be able to watch, question, comment, and laugh along with you. For years I have watched this show with the facial expression of a cat who just licked his butt wondering who on earth watches this? Wondering why the hell am I? Sometimes when a friend comes over I go to on demand and pull up an episode of this and torture them by making them watch some of it while I comment on it like Crow, Mike, and Tom Servo from MST 3000.

Not that anyone cares but I have been without a computer for over two years. This is a new one and I can't navigate it, it does all kinds of weird things, and I'm on some medication that is messing with my ability to think, not to mention how the unrelenting pain is effecting my cognitive ability.

IS THERE A SPELLCHECK ON THIS FORUM AND WHERE DO I FIND IT?

• Love 3