Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Reality shows are exempt from child actor laws.  Reality shows was the result of the writer's strike and production companies came up with a no legal/no union way to film and sell shows.  Everyone wonders if the Kate+8 kids will ever see any money for the decades of being exploited by their mother.

They are exempt from federal child actor laws.  Many states have expanded their child actor laws to protect minors, even on reality shows.  Pennsylvania tightened up their law - BIG TIME - specifically because of concerns about the Gosselin kids.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Beden said:

That's not cool, IMO. I'm all for protecting the kids and this is a disappointment.

You.and.me.both.

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

They are exempt from federal child actor laws.  Many states have expanded their child actor laws to protect minors, even on reality shows.  Pennsylvania tightened up their law - BIG TIME - specifically because of concerns about the Gosselin kids.

This could be why these shows jump from state to state to keep ahead of tightening laws.

• Love 1
On ‎18‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 5:02 PM, iluvobx said:

there have been reports that Ami is in hospice care at the hospital and the family is there. 

On ‎19‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 1:47 PM, Beden said:

No one in their right minds would seriously mock or feel no sympathy for anyone suffering from cancer ...

Ha,ha, I noticed your posts were quoted in the Inquisitr.

13 hours ago, checker said:
On 9/19/2017 at 7:47 AM, Beden said:

No one in their right minds would seriously mock or feel no sympathy for anyone suffering from cancer ...

Ha,ha, I noticed your posts were quoted in the Inquisitr.

'Didn't know that...I'm not sure if I should be flattered, insulted or just plain scared.............

Reminds me of a childhood friend whose PhD thesis was quoted decades ago in the National Enquirer; even had it's own small article. He framed it and it still hangs in his office.

• Love 2

The long lost daughter comes to visit. I think it will be the first and last time.

Loved how Billy spun the story so that he was the victim.

How ballsy of Ami to ask her to call her MOM. How idiotic was she for agreeing. But then since I doubt she'll ever be back to visit, what's the harm? 

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 10:42 AM, iwasish said:

The long lost daughter comes to visit. I think it will be the first and last time.

Loved how Billy spun the story so that he was the victim.

How ballsy of Ami to ask her to call her MOM. How idiotic was she for agreeing. But then since I doubt she'll ever be back to visit, what's the harm? 

Google her and see what you come up with.  :)

Is it just me or are some of you others also clicking on this site when we see a new post has been added, thinking it may well be Ami's obit? I'm not snarking here, not in the least, it's just seems--and I don't like even typing this--inevitable.

• Love 3
Just now, Beden said:

Is it just me or are some of you others also clicking on this site when we see a new post has been added, thinking it may well be Ami's obit? I'm not snarking here, not in the least, it's just seems--and I don't like even typing this--inevitable.

There's no show-related information coming out about the family these days, so I think our curiosity is understandable.

15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

There's no show-related information coming out about the family these days, so I think our curiosity is understandable.

I get notification if there is a new post here and in a couple of other groups,

• Love 2
On 9/27/2017 at 1:15 PM, Beden said:

I plead guilty. Just wondering how she is doing.

• Love 1

Interesting info from InTouch and a couple of other sources.  Does Ami really have cancer or have some of the boys just fled?

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/alaskan-bush-people-sons-143215

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/10/alaskan-bush-people-news-ami-brown-health-update-sick-bam-noah-where-photos/

A luxury yacht for Bam?  Geez, guess living in the bush is really a money maker :D  Then move to the Bahamas?  How do people believe these people?

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/08/bam-bam-brown-where-is-this-estranged-alaskan-bush-person/

Edited by iluvobx
To add about Bam & Allison

The "luxury yacht" was partially gutted when Bam bought it for $55,000.  Given that his girlfriend/wife used to be a producer on the show - and given how much money the Browns grifted from the State of Alaska - that doesn't appear to be a huge amount of money for (yet another) broken down Brown-owned boat.

37 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

Interesting info from InTouch and a couple of other sources.  Does Ami really have cancer or have some of the boys just fled?

Never been a big fan of the family - I watched mainly to poke fun of the show as they went through their Green Acres routine of bumbling, inept homesteaders. However, from what I saw, Ami's health has always been bad, and I see no reason to doubt the cancer story. If you buy the illness, and even a touch of the big loving family, then I would argue that the only thing that would make Ami happier than seeing two of the boys married is to finally have some "granbabies"... oh, well the ultimate would be if they all lived in a collection of shacks known as Browntown.

With so much time and no new material to clog up my brain, my thoughts have boiled down to just a few questions that have to be answered, before I can completely block out this farce.

Is Billy getting his own medical treatment right now, too?  Does Ami have cancer, or a fungal lung infection?  Isn't the $21.000 PFD due date Nov. 2017?  Is that the reason they're blowing all their money now (incl. payment for new season) --so they don't have it when it's due?  I've decided ABPE is a part of the promotion hype, because everything they've exposed was exposed by Reality TV Scandals long ago.  They'll never make it together to Colorado, everything is falling apart.  Will the children ever get a share of any money paid out to Billy? 

Boats are always money pits, Rain shouldn't sing, Gabe IDK, Noah is in luuv, that's all peanuts.  I'm sooo ready for some new events, and hilarious recaps!!  How loong can this go on?!!  Aaarrgh!

Edited by checker
Twila?
On ‎27‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 5:52 PM, iluvobx said:

Google her and see what you come up with.  :)

I came up with the info. that she's not Billy's daughter but her invisible sister Brandy is?!?

9 hours ago, checker said:

With so much time and no new material to clog up my brain, my thoughts have boiled down to just a few questions that have to be answered, before I can completely block out this farce.

Is Billy getting his own medical treatment right now, too?  Does Ami have cancer, or a fungal lung infection?  Isn't the $21.000 PFD due date Nov. 2017?  Is that the reason they're blowing all their money now (incl. payment for new season) --so they don't have it when it's due?  I've decided ABPE is a part of the promotion hype, because everything they've exposed was exposed by Reality TV Scandals long ago. 

I did not realize that so much is going on behind the scenes of these morons. I stopped following the so called 'updates' and 'news' as it seemed to be totally unreliable and pretty much put out by the DC and the Brown family. And I found the ABPE FB group to be somewhat of an enigma, only one person can post to the main timeline, and if you try to add info, you will be told that you are wrong, they are right, and then after awhile, kick you out of their little group. Checking into their group was frustrating to say the least. 

Now I only watch the shows they broadcast and take it from there, whatever they show on TV is gospel in my eyes and fair game to comment on, good or bad.

That is why I decided to create my own Reality Observer website to do the recaps, my own FB page to post silly photoshopped images I create, and my You Tube site to post my absurd videos that completely make fun of the Brown family, among other things. And on all of these sites/pages, anyone is welcome to come visit and post whatever comments or views they want. Yeah, if you are offensive and crude, I will show you the door, but so far so good.

So now I gather Billy is sick, owes money, Ami may or may not have cancer and the kids are scattered... I have heard from someone that Rain is giving advice on her Instagram site and trying to sing songs or something... Oh well...... 

And I am always grateful for the folks here at Previously.TV Forums for the chance to be heard...

More....

• Love 3

It would be easy to believe that Ami doesn't have cancer but some infection or other non-lethal problem or possibly isn't sick at all....everything else is made up so why not this; it falls right into the Brown's shifty ways.  There's a report today though that she's getting ready for a second round of Chemo and the only reason I'm leaning towards the "it's true" side of the campfire is the lack of a show or filming - If Ami were only faking sick or playing at it being more serious than it is they would be filming the "treatment" and billing it as the family wants to share this journey and Ami wants the fans to see her fight - there's no way in the world the family  Billy would let the opportunity to make money pass them by and Disco would be all over advertising it.

• Love 2

I do believe that Ami does have cancer.  I don't believe that Billy suffers from all the ailments that they have claimed.  

I don't believe that they all live together as they want everyone to believe, only for filming.  We know that Matt had his own apartment in Hoonah and stayed there at night.  The others stayed in hotel rooms.  I believe that only the girls live with Ami & Billy.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

I do believe that Ami does have cancer.  I don't believe that Billy suffers from all the ailments that they have claimed.  

I don't believe that they all live together as they want everyone to believe, only for filming.  We know that Matt had his own apartment in Hoonah and stayed there at night.  The others stayed in hotel rooms.  I believe that only the girls live with Ami & Billy.

I believe the cancer story. Even when Ami was healthy, she looked sickly.... even taking into account her dental/neck issues.

As far as them not really living together in Browntown... heck it makes more sense to me for those 20 and 30 year old adults to actually have a life than what they portrayed for the camera.

• Love 2

Cancer or not... I find it very hard to believe that DC would even attempt to make this horrible stuff up, imagine the firestorm if it was found out they made it up for ratings... Even the loyal sheep fans would revolt. Lots of cancer survivors out there...Lots...

Do the boys live with mommy and daddy, did they ever ? Yeah, probably, till they were old enough to escape. Filming as a 'family' in a remote Alaskan location is basically fiction in my view, everything presented on the show even points to that. What self respecting adult lives in a shack made of tires, or a tree house that appears to made by a 10 year old, and expects any kind of dignity from others ? Even by their standards it seems rather absurd. DC even admits that what is shown on the show is basically a reenactment of times gone by, be it a very goofy reenactment. I mean, for all the scenes watched and filmed, I never once saw any sort of an outhouse or port a potty, what did they do, hold it all in till they get on the boat ?

I am waiting like everyone else who follows this show, to see where it will now lead. IMO they have painted themselves into a corner, no matter what is presented now will look rather scripted, far more scripted than before, to please the huge base of fans out there who are really concerned for Ami and really believe all the crap that is portrayed. For the rest of us it is all comic fodder to be made fun of, ridiculed and blasted for it's never ending abuse of the term 'reality show'....

More...?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, realityobserver said:

Cancer or not... I find it very hard to believe that DC would even attempt to make this horrible stuff up, imagine the firestorm if it was found out they made it up for ratings... Even the loyal sheep fans would revolt. Lots of cancer survivors out there...Lots...

Do the boys live with mommy and daddy, did they ever ? Yeah, probably, till they were old enough to escape. Filming as a 'family' in a remote Alaskan location is basically fiction in my view, everything presented on the show even points to that. What self respecting adult lives in a shack made of tires, or a tree house that appears to made by a 10 year old, and expects any kind of dignity from others ? Even by their standards it seems rather absurd. DC even admits that what is shown on the show is basically a reenactment of times gone by, be it a very goofy reenactment. I mean, for all the scenes watched and filmed, I never once saw any sort of an outhouse or port a potty, what did they do, hold it all in till they get on the boat ?

I am waiting like everyone else who follows this show, to see where it will now lead. IMO they have painted themselves into a corner, no matter what is presented now will look rather scripted, far more scripted than before, to please the huge base of fans out there who are really concerned for Ami and really believe all the crap that is portrayed. For the rest of us it is all comic fodder to be made fun of, ridiculed and blasted for it's never ending abuse of the term 'reality show'....

More...?

They showed them building an outhouse at Browntown.  Seems like that was one of the first things done, dug the hole and then planks over it, guess it beats a bucket any day.  The made sure that the sides were high enough, not sure what they used as a roof or if anything.  They also showed No-ah building the "bush shower".  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

They showed them building an outhouse at Browntown.  Seems like that was one of the first things done, dug the hole and then planks over it, guess it beats a bucket any day.

Ahhh, thanks... must have forgot that scene, or was busy making popcorn... I do remember the shower though... Still don't believe for a second they actually ever lived there full time, I'll ask the folks at ABPE and see what they have heard...hahahahaha    ?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, realityobserver said:

Ahhh, thanks... must have forgot that scene, or was busy making popcorn... I do remember the shower though... Still don't believe for a second they actually ever lived there full time, I'll ask the folks at ABPE and see what they have heard...hahahahaha    ?

I've been to Hoonah Alaska, the town nearest "Browntown." Folks who live there told me that they see them hanging out near their rooms at the Icy Strait Lodge, playing with their I-phones and heading to the local pizza parlor. They don't, however, see any signs of any of them having actual jobs.

• Love 1

Seemed like Billy would only get sick when there was actual work to do.  Maybe that's what he's trying to avoid once again. ;)

Honestly, I don't know what to believe out of this group of grifters.  I would like to think Discovery wouldn't go THAT low and fake something as serious as someone having cancer.  So I do believe Ami is fighting that terrible disease.  The rest of it?  Who knows?  As much bullshittery as we've seen from this bunch, most anything is possible.

Are these guys even near Colorado right now?  Or are they all still hold up in Hoonah hotels? 

• Love 1
On 10/18/2017 at 9:14 AM, AZChristian said:

On 10/18/2017 at 7:48 AM, Beden said:

AZ, c'mon...they have jobs; they're reality TV stars. AND backwoodsmen.

Coffee spewing out of the nose first thing in the morning - NOT good.  LOL.

OMG - both these cracked me up. I do believe ami has cancer. Any of the other stuff - nope.

• Love 4
On 10/17/2017 at 2:19 PM, realityobserver said:

What self respecting adult lives in a shack made of tires, or a tree house that appears to made by a 10 year old

Key words there are "self respecting"  :)  

I don't find it hard to believe that most of the kids are still living at home (wherever "home" is).  A lot of millenials are, and outside of their Park Slope paychecks, none of them appear to have been pursuing a career.  I also think that Billy's backstory (losing his family at a young age) has caused him to keep his children closer to the roost than most.  And Ami seems to have caught the same attitude from him.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:05 AM, brgjoe said:

I would like to think Discovery wouldn't go THAT low and fake something as serious as someone having cancer. 

Unfortunately, I firmly believe Ami has cancer.  You could see from this last season that the producers didn't want to show the family in the city.  They used every excuse to show old footage of them living the "bush" life, and dragged out the cleaning up of Browntown to monotonous levels.

• Love 4
On ‎05‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 5:52 PM, Rock knocker said:

That boat looks like a money pit.

Also looks like the scene of Bam and Allison very own show away from the tribe.

What is this?!??!  Check Nov. 2nd tweets

Twitter @JoshBamBamBrown

Twitter @FathomThisFerry

www.fathomthisfilm.com 

Curious to hear your opinions!

Rumor - Season 8 is filming and the whole family (including Ami) is in Colorado at the "new homestead" 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/alaskan-bush-people-filming-145777

ETA:  The picture in the article of Billy pushing Ami in the wheelchair was taken 10/31 in Colorado and if you look closely Billy has a pack of Marlboro's in his pocket (no lessons learned there apparently)

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Rumor - Season 8 is filming and the whole family (including Ami) is in Colorado at the "new homestead" 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/alaskan-bush-people-filming-145777

Interesting as it has been reported from several sources that Ami has started her next round of chemo.  I believe Rain posted something on Twitter with a picture the other day.  Then again, nothing about this family would surprise me.  Maybe someone said "Work" to Billy :D

• Love 2

Checker - According to the above article, rumors have Ami doing very poorly. As to where they are living this will answer everyone's question: A quote from the In Touch Weekly article:

"Amid reports Alaskan Bush People matriarch, Ami Brown, is just days away from succumbing to stage-four lung cancer, rumors are swirling that her family has begun filming Season 8 without her. Ami's youngest child, Rain Brown, recently posted a photo on Instagram in Trinidad, CO, aka the site of the Brown family's new digs — which no one expected them to return to until they began filming.  Currently, the reality star family lives in a mansion in Beverly Hills — close to where Ami is receiving treatment. The $2.7 million mansion has it all, according to Radar Online: five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a master suite that has its own jacuzzi, and gorgeous marble floors. However, the best part is the crystal clear in-ground pool and hot tub in the backyard, surrounded by pretty trees and flowers. It's a far cry from the Alaskan wild, that's for sure" !

It also says they having begun filming "for the money". I know cancer treatments are expensive(my Dad's were and he had ins.) but, you would think with all the money they made from the show that Billy and Ami would have good health insurance.  I wonder if they own the "2.7 million dollar mansion"?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, NEGirl said:

"Currently, the reality star family lives in a mansion in Beverly Hills — close to where Ami is receiving treatment. The $2.7 million mansion has it all, according to Radar Online: five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a master suite that has its own jacuzzi, and gorgeous marble floors. However, the best part is the crystal clear in-ground pool and hot tub in the backyard, surrounded by pretty trees and flowers. It's a far cry from the Alaskan wild, that's for sure" !

Does that sound like the Beverly Hillbillies or what?  

Park Slope must be paying for that mansion, because it doesn't sound like they could afford that based on what their reported salaries have been.  Maybe it's included as an employee benefit, and Park Slope can write it off on their taxes as filming expenses.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, Beden said:

C'mon...spill! What kind of $ are we maybe talking here?

Oh, from the source I read Ami and the kids were getting like $50-60,000 a year.  Billy was getting more because the show was based on his book, not sure what he was getting but they said his net worth was $500 k.

Actually, now that I think about it, $2.7 million doesn't sound like that much for Beverly Hills.  That would buy a castle where I live, but I know the cost of land and housing in California is kind of crazy.

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Oh, from the source I read Ami and the kids were getting like $50-60,000 a year. 

that should support a bush lifestyle.    :)       they need this show to continue.  

last time I watched, I wondered what the boys would be doing for a living in ten years (if show-money dried up).

think they all could hold a regular job?

7 minutes ago, clod said:

think they all could hold a regular job?

Could they?  Yes.  I think most of them have shown that they are willing to work, Billy has kept them as slave labor for years.  And what they lack in skill some may give them a pass on because of their celebrity.  

Will they?  Not so easy to answer.  Billy's also been a guiding light for the grifting lifestyle.  I think milking this TV show for all its worth is their best bet.

Maybe they could have some spin-offs like "Bear Teaches Tumbling" for a morning exercise show.  Sheriff No-uh could have a reality show version of Andy Griffith, maybe Gabe could be his deputy.

• Love 2

While I wouldn't turn down $50-60K, it's not a fortune, assuming that's gross and not net. Even if they pool it together, with Ami's medical expenses and they obviously travel quite a bit more than they admit to....I can (almost) see why grifters would stay with this mess rather than try to get real jobs.

And thanks for the info--I was curious.

• Love 1

Remember that Billy & Ami were very well off before the show started.

Billy Brown is not and never has been as poor as he portrays himself.  He came from a well-off Texas family and he was the sole survivor of that family.  Not to mention the books that he and Ami have written.  I believe most of the traveling was at the expense of Discovery.  As for the mansion, either they bought it a long time ago or Discovery is footing the bill for it.

• Love 1

Is this "mansion" the house they have shown us that they were staying in all this last season?  Because while I could believe that house might cost $2.7 million if it was in Beverly Hills, I wouldn't describe it as a mansion.

• Love 2