Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, WindyNights said:

The Iron Islands and Riverlands were one kingdom and are the 7th kingdom. If the Iron Islands goes off then the 7th Kingdom will still be there just slightly smaller.

I doubt the new ruler will go back on their deal with the Iron Islands considering the support they gave Daenerys.

And so the Greyjoys don't have to be there because they don't get to vote who rules another kingdom. 

But yeah, this is D & D so either it's going to end with the Iron Islands as independent or D & D don't care enough about the Iron Islands to make it come to GRRM's endgame just like how they left Dorne in limbo/in a civil war.

Even if the Iron Islands are one kingdom with the Riverlands, the Iron islands are an important part of Westeros.  Certainly on the show, the Greyjoys have played a more important role than the Tullys in the Riverlands. Where were the Tullys last season? Even with Arya killing the Freys, they did not pop up. Theon Greyjoy is an important POV character in the books.

And as I stated earlier, Dany's deal with Yara and Theon was that they support her as Queen of the 7Kingdoms. In which case as part of the realm and Westeros, they should be at any council deciding on the future King/Queen to proclaim their support for her.

And so where is Tobias Menzies in Seville, representing the Riverlands if this is a great council? 

I think either all kingdoms become independent or the status quo is maintained and the Iron Islands become part of the 7K.

15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

With the exception of the NK, Jaquen, and the Waif, it makes some sense that these regular characters would be together taking refuge in King's Landing. Brienne, Jaime, and Arya would be protecting Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Varys, Davos, and Sam. All the main characters who I would expect to be on the battlefield are not at King's Landing; Jon, Dany, Jorah, Grey Worm, Tormund, Sandor, Beric, etc. It is concerning that Missendei, Pod, and Gilly are not at King's Landing. 

I can't visualize Arya and Sansa running around KL pushing Bran in his chair...

If Bran is there, I pretty certain he is there for filming his visions. Or for warging a dragon. Or facing off with the Night King.  There has to be a narrative purpose for these characters to be outside the Red Keep other than taking refuge.

Does anyone know exactly which location is being used to film right now? Maybe that can give us an idea.

So KL falls in episode 4? Which matches up with Cersei no longer being in charge by episode 4.

6x04: Cersei is defeated

6x05: KL Vs AOTD

6x06: The denouement

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, anamika said:

And so where is Tobias Menzies in Seville, representing the Riverlands if this is a great council? 

I think either all kingdoms become independent or the status quo is maintained and the Iron Islands become part of the 7K.

So KL falls in episode 4? Which matches up with Cersei no longer being in charge by episode 4.

If Edmure and his child dies, then the Starks are next in line...

Sapo is not in Spain, so episode 5 is still a possibility

Lena is in Spain and I'm guessing that Kit and Sapo might arrive for next week filming in Seville. 

Edited by Edith
38 minutes ago, Edith said:

If Edmure and his child dies, then the Starks are next in line...

Sapo is not in Spain, so episode 5 is still a possibility

Lena is in Spain and I'm guessing that Kit and Sapo might arrive for next week filming in Seville. 

I doubt the Tullys are going to get wiped out in the books.

Yes, Sapo's crew could be in Belfast according to freefolk.

Those towers look busted. Looks like an angry dragon did not like those ballistas...

15 hours ago, Edith said:

The problem with this, is that whatever Emilia and Kit filmed in Iceland was for a Nutter episode, so either 1,2 or 4. We know that Jon is in KL in a Nutter episode too, not that is impossible for Jon to be at two different parts of Westeros in the same episode. 

We know that Seville filming is for episode 5 and 6. D&D are the only directors in Spain at the moment. We also know Sapo's crew are there, but the director himself hasn't be seen yet.

True, I had forgotten about that. If it's for 8x04 it could still explain why they aren't in KL yet in 8x05, for example (since travels take as long as D&D want them to). Dragonpit without dragons and dragons without Targs seems weird. There's still Viserion, of course.

My biggest fear is still that Cersei kills Brienne, prompting Jaime to kill her in turn. I hope they won't be stupid and de-fang her before she can bite one last time. Deposed isn't enough, I want her dead ASAP.

32 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

True, I had forgotten about that. If it's for 8x04 it could still explain why they aren't in KL yet in 8x05, for example (since travels take as long as D&D want them to). Dragonpit without dragons and dragons without Targs seems weird. There's still Viserion, of course.

But Jon is in KL in a Nutter episode, probably 8x04

(edited)

Lena and Conleth were snapped today in Seville. That source says that Sophie and others were at a restaurant in Seville today (Las Columnas). 

Joe, Gwen and Liam were seen in Santiponce (which is close to the Italica site) yesterday taking pictures with fans, so it seems likely that they were filming yesterday.

List of characters whose actors are currently in Seville: Bran, Arya, Sansa, Gendry, Sam, Brienne, Davos, Tyrion, Varys, the Waif, Jaqen, Robin, and now Cersei.

Characters whose actors have filmed in the past two days based on actor/stand-in sightings at or near Italica: Arya, Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Gendry, Davos, Brienne, and possibly the Waif (based on Faye's hairstyle). Jaime and Jaqen are also possibilities.

Fans have pretty much staked out the hotel, so if there are any more significant arrivals or departures, we'll find out.

WOTW is claiming that Iain Glen is there, but I have yet to see one picture of him (and the person who claimed he saw Iain later took it back). Of course, fans are also claiming Lino Facioli is there, and I have yet to see any pictures of him, so...

Edited by Eyes High
4 hours ago, anamika said:

I doubt the Tullys are going to get wiped out in the books.

Yes, Sapo's crew could be in Belfast according to freefolk.

Those towers look busted. Looks like an angry dragon did not like those ballistas...

The Tullys are totally going to get wiped in the next book or at least Edmure and his baby are. 

Prologue chapter has Edmure in it and Jaime has ordered Prester and his archers to kill him if he even so much gets too far away and Roslin Frey is marked for death by LS.

The Stark kids will inherit the Riverlands before Brynden Tully does.

8 hours ago, anamika said:

Even if the Iron Islands are one kingdom with the Riverlands, the Iron islands are an important part of Westeros.  Certainly on the show, the Greyjoys have played a more important role than the Tullys in the Riverlands. Where were the Tullys last season? Even with Arya killing the Freys, they did not pop up. Theon Greyjoy is an important POV character in the books.

And as I stated earlier, Dany's deal with Yara and Theon was that they support her as Queen of the 7Kingdoms. In which case as part of the realm and Westeros, they should be at any council deciding on the future King/Queen to proclaim their support for her.

I can't visualize Arya and Sansa running around KL pushing Bran in his chair...

If Bran is there, I pretty certain he is there for filming his visions. Or for warging a dragon. Or facing off with the Night King.  There has to be a narrative purpose for these characters to be outside the Red Keep other than taking refuge.

Does anyone know exactly which location is being used to film right now? Maybe that can give us an idea.

Theon's played a more important role and Theon might be dead at this point. Yara is a marginal character in the show.

If Daenerys is dead then their alliance with Daenerys is dead and since they claim to be independent and have been given their independence then they don't have a voice in who should govern another kingdom. It's really simple. Like Dorne pre-Targaryen takeover wasn't at Great Councils before until they were incorporated into the 7K.

Edmure Tully may been off-screened just like uncle Brynden Tully. It's not like the show is shy about killing entire family that survive in the books if the Tullys do indeed survive. Look at the Tyrells. Extinct in the show but they definitely won't be in the books or the Freys who are extinct in the male line but also won't be in the books(too many of them).

More from /BoatsexBaby, /Freefolk poster in the know:

It's possible that my info about Ep 5/6 was only half of it and something else got added to the Spain schedule (some other episode/some extra feature). My info is over a month old shared on Apr 6 and like I mentioned previously, I was told the Spain filming had started already in the first week of May when nothing on social media indicated that. So take it all with a pinch of salt. I can certainly say I wasn't expecting all the cast members who showed up to be there and I don't think all these characters make it to Episode 5.

Hmmm. Whom does she mean? Varys? The NK? Davos?

More /BoatsexBaby weirdness:

1. /BoatsexBaby initially posted that Peter and Sophie's doubles were with the crew on Thursday when they'd been spending the previous two days sightseeing in Seville.

2. /BoatsexBaby then edited her post to remove the reference to Peter and Sophie's doubles. The post now reads "Btw I can confirm that there was filming today. ##edited for reasons##"

3. /BoatsexBaby later said that doubles strolled out of the Italica site through the main entrance after filming but refused to name which doubles she meant.

4. Today, when another poster said that "Peter and Sophie" had filmed, /BoatsexBaby said that "I never confirmed who it was. If this is something you got from elsewhere, that's great. But I want to clarify that this didn't come from me."

Okay...? Sounds like Peter and Sophie did film and that /BoatsexBaby wanted to make sure that whoever told her that didn't get in trouble.

The new /Freefolk theory is that in addition to whatever's being filmed in Seville they're doing some extra stuff for a BTS documentary-type thing, which would explain why characters who are dead by Episode 5 have their actors showing up in Seville. It wouldn't explain why other main Season 8 cast (Iain, Rory, etc.) are absent, though.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

The new /Freefolk theory is that in addition to whatever's being filmed in Seville they're doing some extra stuff for a BTS documentary-type thing, which would explain why characters who are dead by Episode 5 have their actors showing up in Seville.

I am pretty confident that this is wrong. This show costs millions to film, there is no extra money to waste to bring actors to the set to film anything that isn't necessitated by the script. Why bring back Jaquen and the Waif for bts filming where there are far more prominent characters that the fans would want to hear from like Sean Bean, Michelle Fairley, Richard Madden, etc. Whatever  is being filmed in Seville might or might not be for the final episode. They might be scenes that will be inserted into other episodes. Besides if the Night King is really there, there is no way that this can be an after war victory lap/coronation alone. He must be there to continue the attack so war isn't over. Do we know what is being filmed in Belfast? Is it being filmed right now?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Besides if the Night King is really there, there is no way that this can be an after war victory lap/coronation alon

I have a very slim theory on this. The actor who plays the NK also played one of Rhaegars Kingsguards in the Tower of Joy flashback scene in season 6. Wasn’t Wilf Scolding also spotted fairly recently on Instagram? Wasn’t there rumors that Rhaegar may be making an appearance in a flashback next season? It’s possible that Vladimar may also be shooting not just as the NK, but also in capacity as a stunt fighter for any other flashbacks involving Rhaegar. 

• Love 2

On jaquen and the waif:  I've always been curious what the FM would think of wights.  They worship death and see granting it as a holy calling after all.  The Others in effect, are cheaters of death who keep the rightfully dead from fully joining the syncretic death god that the FM serve and pay sacrifice too.  It isn't hard to imagine they might have a vested interest in defeating them imo though I agree with others that certain connections regarding their order probably won't be made explicit by the show.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, GraceK said:

I have a very slim theory on this. The actor who plays the NK also played one of Rhaegars Kingsguards in the Tower of Joy flashback scene in season 6. Wasn’t Wilf Scolding also spotted fairly recently on Instagram? Wasn’t there rumors that Rhaegar may be making an appearance in a flashback next season? It’s possible that Vladimar may also be shooting not just as the NK, but also in capacity as a stunt fighter for any other flashbacks involving Rhaegar. 

It is possible, but it still doesn't explain what the NK actor is doing in Seville when Scolding is not there. Besides, if they have hired him as the NK, it seems unlikely that they would also pay him to be a stunt for another role. They wouldn't want to risk him being injured preforming a stunt and being unavailable to play the NK.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

Peter Dinklage spotted today at a Paris airport according to an Instagram post. He was also seen there on the 8th when he flew to Seville. So that’s two actors who have already left Seville: NCW and Peter Dinklage.

Isaac, John, Liam and D&D were spotted tonight returning to the hotel, so they’re still in Seville.

Edited by Eyes High
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Peter Dinklage spotted today at a Paris airport according to an Instagram post. He was also seen there on the 8th when he flew to Seville. So that’s two actors who have already left Seville: NCW and Peter Dinklage.

So NCW left before Lena arrived. I wonder if he will be heading back to Seville. Peter Dinklage leaving already indicates whatever they are filming it is short, unless he will be going back. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am pretty confident that this is wrong. This show costs millions to film, there is no extra money to waste to bring actors to the set to film anything that isn't necessitated by the script. Why bring back Jaquen and the Waif for bts filming where there are far more prominent characters that the fans would want to hear from like Sean Bean, Michelle Fairley, Richard Madden, etc.

I'm skeptical as to this theory, personally, but there are actors in Seville whose characters you wouldn't expect to be alive by 8x06--Varys, Jaime, the NK, etc.--so I do wonder. NCW is the real question mark, since he seems to have left without filming anything: arrived Wednesday, didn't film Thursday, left Friday morning. Peter left early, too, but it seems that he filmed on Thursday at least.

And this is another question for me. Whatever they filmed on Thursday, it had to be an awfully short scene for them to film it in one day, right? What would be the point of such a short scene on the Italica site? If it's just a walk and talk-type scene, couldn't they have set the scene elsewhere and filmed it in Belfast? Very strange.

Whatever  is being filmed in Seville might or might not be for the final episode. They might be scenes that will be inserted into other episodes. 

If /BoatsexBaby is to be believed, whatever is being filmed in Seville is supposedly for 8x05 and 8x06. Nutter isn't there and won't be. 

Besides if the Night King is really there, there is no way that this can be an after war victory lap/coronation alone. He must be there to continue the attack so war isn't over. Do we know what is being filmed in Belfast? Is it being filmed right now?

There were mercenaries and smallfolk scenes filmed on the KL set. Kit was also filming this week. Belfast filming rarely (never?) takes place on the weekend, so I doubt anything is filming right now.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

So NCW left before Lena arrived. I wonder if he will be heading back to Seville. Peter Dinklage leaving already indicates whatever they are filming it is short, unless he will be going back. 

The only people who are known to have filmed are Peter and Sophie (and that's only "known" because Peter and Sophie's doubles were seen working with crew on Thursday, so it's up in the air as well), but as you said, it makes no sense for HBO to fly in a bunch of cast to stay at an expensive hotel for multiple days for a publicity stunt. 

This discussion about a publicity stunt etc. reminds me of conversations about how Season 7 scenes filmed in Spain out in the open must be obvious fakes or publicity stunts and couldn't possibly be the real deal since cast members were snapping selfies with fans and the like...when in fact they were all scenes that showed up in Season 7, not a fake to be found. So we'll see.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

m skeptical as to this theory, personally, but there are actors in Seville whose characters you wouldn't expect to be alive by 8x06--Varys, Jaime, the NK, etc.

That’s what made me think, as wild as it seems, that maybe Vladimir is not filming as the NK, but in a flashback sequence of some kind in some battle sequence as Rhaegars Kingsguard or maybe even in another flashback as his human self with the Children of the forest before he was the NK. Maybe something to do with Bran. Who knows ?‍♀️

Edited by GraceK
(edited)

Looking at those blasted or melted towers, maybe we are going to see another Harrenhal. Maybe Jon and Cersei talking was about Jon giving her one last chance to surrender and she refuses. Cersei has always been stupid and proud - I can see her making a last stand at the keep like Harren the Black. And then the Red Keep is destroyed by Dany or Jon or Dany and Jon. We did see the Red Keep totally destroyed in Dany's vision.

Aegon: Yield now and you may remain as Lord of the Iron Islands. Yield now, and your sons will live to rule after you. I have eight thousand men outside your walls.

Harren: What is outside my walls is of no concern to me. Those walls are strong and thick.

Aegon: But not so high as to keep out dragons. Dragons fly.

Harren: I built in stone. Stone does not burn.

Aegon: When the sun sets, your line shall end.

I would personally enjoy anyone saying that line to Cersei.

It could be the NK destroying the Red Keep with Viserion, but I doubt the Others get a dragon in the books.

So, I just watched this scene to take a look at the Red Keep:

Dany walks into a destroyed Red Keep. She walks towards the throne and just as she is about to touch it, she hears a sound - maybe dragons, maybe screaming. She walks away without touching the throne and moves towards the sound which happens to be the beyond the wall. So far it holds true - Dany is fighting for the throne. Jon calls for help and Dany goes North without getting the throne.

Then she goes into a tent and sees Drogo with their child. Drogo asks her to stay with them. Dany quotes Mirri Maz's prophecy 'Until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...etc.' and leaves them. I wonder if this is meant to show Dany choosing duty over love.

Edited by anamika

If they are filming a top secret season finale in Seville, I have to say I am surprised by all the actors openly talking about it on their instagram etc. - especially actors who rarely talk about the show on social media. Like this:

We have a Greyjoy! 

22 minutes ago, anamika said:

If they are filming a top secret season finale in Seville, I have to say I am surprised by all the actors openly talking about it on their instagram etc. - especially actors who rarely talk about the show on social media. Like this:

They did the same last year though. I remember Emilia's pic with Kit and Natalie. Also Lena and Emilia.

1 hour ago, Edith said:

If the Mountain shows up in Seville, Sandor probably isn’t far behind.

24 minutes ago, anamika said:

They did it in 2016 during the last Italica shoot. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

If the Mountain shows up in Seville, Sandor probably isn’t far behind.

They did it in 2016 during the last Italica shoot. 

Yeah, but I would assume that for a series finale - which would basically give away the show's ending in terms of which characters are sticking around - they would be more circumspect about the whole thing. Especially since they seem to be extra careful about everything else so far. But maybe they don't care and the actors just want to have a good time.

24 minutes ago, Edith said:
We have a Greyjoy!

Nice. I wonder if Alfie is going to turn up as well.

Edited by anamika
(edited)
28 minutes ago, anamika said:

Yeah, but I would assume that for a series finale - which would basically give away the show's ending in terms of which characters are sticking around - they would be more circumspect about the whole thing. Especially since they seem to be extra careful about everything else so far. But maybe they don't care and the actors just want to have a good time.

No, not really. They know they can't hide, and what is the best strategy to conceal what they are filming? Hide it in plain sight!

Do I believe that all as those actors are filming for episodes 5 and 6? No.

Are they only filming a documentary or extras for season 8 dvd? No freaking way! They rented a historic site, they built structures and brought crew, extras, etc. 

Someone is filming, the beauty is that we can't be sure which of them are. 

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't want to quote myself from yesterday, but with the Mountain's arrival. Ha, I got it right. If the leaks are correct that Cersei is not in charge by episode 4, then they must be filming scenes for that episode. There is no way that the Mountain is alive if Cersei has been overthrown. The alternative is that the leaks are wrong and that the confrontation with Cersei occurs in the last two episodes. I have always felt confident that Jaime and Cersei have a last showdown before he kills her or he dies and I still think that will happen.

Nice to see that Yara has made it this far! Yay!

58 minutes ago, anamika said:

Well, they can't hide the actors when everyone knows where they staying. Besides, we aren't sure what they are filming here. If the war is still going on as indicated by the NK actor's presence, any number of the characters filming could still die, excluding Martin's main five.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I don't want to quote myself from yesterday, but with the Mountain's arrival. Ha, I got it right. If the leaks are correct that Cersei is not in charge by episode 4, then they must be filming scenes fo that episode. There is no way that the Mountain is alive if Cersei has been overthrown. The alternative is that the leaks are wrong and that the confrontation with Cersei occurs in the last two episodes.

I think the KL filming in Belfast is either 4 or 5. I get the feeling that Sapochnik will be filming an AOTD battle in episode 5 and D&D get the ending in episode 6. And if the mountain is filming we should be seeing the Hound in Belfast. Unless they both head to the Dragonpit for Cleganebowl. And maybe even Jaime and Brienne there. It will be interesting to see if NCW or Gwen go to Belfast or stick around in Seville.

image.thumb.png.df8a57dfd3ca734efaf375448ba8f924.png

More filming in the 'North' locations. In another forum someone mentioned that people wearing GOT jackets were walking massive huskies near the Belfast studios. It's possible that Nymeria and her wolf pack maybe making a reappearance in the North.

Also, from freefolk:

Not sure if this is relevant, but I just read on the Los Siete Reinos site that the production sent out emails or notices to nearby businesses that they would be hearing explosions at the KL Belfast set and that the explosions have already occurred. Guess that means that at least some filming was going on while Kit was in Belfast.

Edited by anamika
1 hour ago, anamika said:

s. It's possible that Nymeria and her wolf pack maybe making a reappearance in the North.

This has been a DREAM of mine. If this happens I will die of joy ?

• Love 6

Sophie posted an Instagram photo from Seville a couple of hours ago, so she's evidently still there.

No doubt enjoying her first southerly location shooting since Season 4.

(edited)

It sure seems like a lot of main characters have survived to the last two or three episodes. There is either going to be a bloodbath in the final two episodes or all the major characters are going to survive.

On Freefolk a poster brought up this early leak from eight months ago. Based on the character appearances, this outline seems to get a lot of it right. The most notable, the unexpected return of Jaquen.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

It sure seems like a lot of main characters have survived to the last two or three episodes. There is either going to be a bloodbath in the final two episodes or all the major characters are going to survive.

On Freefolk a poster brought up this early leak from eight months ago. Based on the character appearances, this outline seems to get a lot of it right. The most notable, the unexpected return of Jaquen.

I don’t know how I feel about this one lol

53 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I'd call that more a byproduct of the poster evidently running with the fan theory/fix-it that there has to be more to Arya's departure from the House of Black and White.  I'd be more persuaded if they had mentioned anything about the Waif/the Waif's face.

Everything about Dany's supposed resolution is both inconsistent with prior seasons and doesn't make any sense at all on a character level.  Supposedly she gets word of a slave revolt in Volantis, but a Volantene was one of the three guys she dealt with at the head of the slaver coalition, who all surrendered to her in the end.  She's already dealt with Volantis in the show.  And Dany leaving her child behind to be raised by others while she moves back to Essos?  Doesn't warrant serious consideration.

They've also created a second "Sansa rallies the Vale" plot, presumably out of (understandable) dissatisfaction with the show's first go at it.

• Love 4
(edited)
37 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I don’t know how I feel about this one lol

I don't either. It is remarkably detailed and pretty consistent with what we know about the filming and the casting, especially Jaqen's reappearance. I honestly find it hard to believe that Jon dies after all that, but if Dany lives I will take it because it will make all the Dany-haters lose their minds.

6 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I'd call that more a byproduct of the poster evidently running with the fan theory/fix-it that there has to be more to Arya's departure from the House of Black and White.  I'd be more persuaded if they had mentioned anything about the Waif/the Waif's face.

Everything about Dany's supposed resolution is both inconsistent with prior seasons and doesn't make any sense at all on a character level.  Supposedly she gets word of a slave revolt in Volantis, but a Volantene was one of the three guys she dealt with at the head of the slaver coalition, who all surrendered to her in the end.  She's already dealt with Volantis in the show.  And Dany leaving her child behind to be raised by others while she moves back to Essos?  Doesn't warrant serious consideration.

They've also created a second "Sansa rallies the Vale" plot, presumably out of (understandable) dissatisfaction with the show's first go at it.

I got the impression that Dany takes her son with her to Essos. She doesn't leave him in Westeros. So do you think that the mention of Jaqen is just coincidence? 

The ending does seem inconsistent with Dany's character and just strange and random that Tyrion and Sansa end up ruling as regents when a legitimized Gendry has way more claim to the throne.

Edited by SimoneS

The fact that the leak is so detailed makes me even more doubtful. With the lads stuff last year we got the major plot points for each story from the scripts. We didn’t get a more detailed episode by episode breakdown until close to the airing dates when that Friki guy had seen them. I’m always suspicious when someone gives a more comprehensive breakdown than D&D and the actors combined could lol.

30 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I don't either. It is remarkably detailed and pretty consistent with what we know about the filming and the casting, especially Jaqen's reappearance. I honestly find it hard to believe that Jon dies after all that, but if Dany lives I will take it because it will make all the Dany-haters lose their minds.

I got the impression that Dany takes her son with her to Essos. She doesn't leave him in Westeros. So do you think that the mention of Jaqen is just coincidence? 

The ending does seem inconsistent with Dany's character and just strange and random that Tyrion and Sansa end up ruling as regents when a legitimized Gendry has way more claim to the throne.

Some of this leak has already been debunked. 

Do we have any evidence that Emilia has filmed past episode 3? Or 4?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

So do you think that the mention of Jaqen is just coincidence? 

Yeah, I would say so.  While they aren't the most common interpretation by any means, various people (particularly those who find the way Season 6 wrapped up that plotline) have proposed that there must be more to it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

I can’t imagine Jon happily dying when he finds out Dany is pregnant. I would think he would want to be around for his child, especially given his own upbringing.

If he's dying anyway, I can believe he'd be happier knowing his and Dany's son (which she didn't think she could have) exists and is with her at least, if he can't be.

(edited)

I find that leaker’s ending deeply unsatisfying so I hope it’s not true. It does fit with a lot of filming spoilers, but it also conveniently confirms a lot of popular fan theories. Maybe I missed it but where is the scene with Jon and Cersei, which we know takes place? Dany taking her son with her to Essos makes absolutely no sense if she intends for him to rule Westeros, especially since she says Westeros will never be her home presumably because she wasn’t raised there. Also, there was no mention of Jon and Dany getting married so Jon ends up fathering a bastard, which he was very much against. And the baby is TPTWP/Azor Ahai? That doesn’t even make sense.

Cersei is also supposed to be killed by being choked to death by the valonqar (“And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”) but according to this leak she dies from being stabbed (after she’s strangled).

Speaking of prophecies, how does Dany’s ending fit with MMD’s prophecy that Drogo will be returned to her, which happens after she bears a living child? MMD’s prophecy is coming true in the books so Dany’s book ending will in all likelihood involve Drogo returning to her in some way be it in death or some other symbolic way. The characters are supposed to have the same ending as the books so even if not explicitly stated (because the prophecy has not been fulfilled and arguably debunked in the show) the prophecy still should be fulfilled.

It’s an awful ending all around. Even a tragic ending that made sense would be more satisfying than this bittersweet one. It fails on both a character and plot level. 

Edited by glowbug

Yep, a lot there that leaves me shaking my head!  Especially, why would we need the TPWWP/Azor Ahai if the NK is dead, the WW are dead and the Undead are now most sincerely dead?  

• Love 1
(edited)

I am just disappointed that Ghost only shows up at the very end to stand near a Weirwood tree. Typical D&D. They probably wanted to use the CGI budget for wight elephants this time around.

I do think out of all the characters, Jon has the highest probability of dying. He has been been marked for death ever since his resurrection and his story has basically been about the Others.  Now that it looks like Sansa has rejoined whatever story it is in the south and  Sweet Robin seems to have made a reappearance, her chances of survival goes up. I am guessing she is rejoining her Vale plot after she gets control of the Vale in the books.

Sansa sends word to Kings Landing that she wants to parlay with Cersei. Cersei laughs and agrees to it out of boredom, but Sansa can only bring a couple of guards. The queens meet in the throne room. Cersei says she should have never come back to Kings Landing, but Sansa replies she knows Cersei won't kill her. She tells Cersei she learned everything from her, what to do and what not to do, and then she gives her an ultimatum, to abdicate before the break of dawn or be executed. She says the people are cheering for a new queen. Sansa leaves the red keep unharmed.

I like this. This is like Aegon giving Harren his ultimatum. Also the spoilers seem to acknowledge SanSan with one line, lol!

Edited by anamika