Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

As if the book Hound isn't more than that? 

Sadly, it seems like some book!fans think different.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

The book character has far more depth and range than the show's version

Maybe there is more space (pages) to develop him in the books, but more depht and range? I really doubt that.

To me, it seems (people knows much more than me about the books), GRRM chose to use some variation of Beauty&Beast (again) as a reference at the core of his Sandor.

When D&D chose to ignore that with their own Sandor and focus instead in his strange relationship with Arya, they created a much more original and compelling story arc for both of them.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1

I think the ages of the actors playing Arya’s and Sansa’s potential love interests might also factor into any potential romantic scenes. From memory the Gendry guy is around 10 years older than Maisie, and both of Sansa’s main options have to be around 20 years older than Sophie.

Given these large age gaps I could definitely see any potential romance being shown with significant looks or hand holding etc.

(edited)
1 hour ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Maybe there is more space (pages) to develop him in the books, but more depht and range? I really doubt that.

Yes, absolutely.  There's a lot more to the Hound in the books, in terms of themes and his character journey (particularly since the TV version barely gets any character development in the first three seasons).

To me, it seems (people knows much more than me about the books), GRRM chose to use some variation of Beauty&Beast (again) as a reference at the core of his Sandor.

When D&D chose to ignore that with their own Sandor and focus instead in his strange relationship with Arya, they created a much more original and compelling story arc for both of them.

There's nothing original about the Arya/Hound stuff in the show, which is a familiar riff on Leon: The Professional and a bunch of other imitators in the 25 years since that feature a young girl and an older veteran killer.  The basic plot, etc. is all from the book, too; the difference is mainly that the show, as it typically does, had them become closer than they did in the books (the latter choice, having characters not become close because the distance between them is simply too great, is really the more distinctive choice).

6 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I think the ages of the actors playing Arya’s and Sansa’s potential love interests might also factor into any potential romantic scenes. From memory the Gendry guy is around 10 years older than Maisie, and both of Sansa’s main options have to be around 20 years older than Sophie.

Given these large age gaps I could definitely see any potential romance being shown with significant looks or hand holding etc.

I don't think there's any basis to think they'd refrain from having them kiss, hypothetically.  Sophie has already kissed multiple older guys on the show.  In Maisie's case, Joe doesn't read as at all age-inappropriate.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1

I think Arya and Gendry definitely have a shot at being an actual romance in season 8,tho I don't see any sex scenes happening.Sansa and the Hound as they are on the show,I really can't imagine it.It would be so weird for me with their big age difference,the fact that the show didn't really develop a romance there imo and they haven't even mentioned each other since like season 3.I don't even see it actually happening it the books either tho it is hinted a lot more and they both have some feelings for each other.

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

If the writers made Sophie kiss Aiden Gillen, who's more or less the same age as Rory McCann and Peter Dinklage (i.e. easily old enough to be Sophie's father), and kiss him more than once at that, they would definitely make her kiss Rory or Peter, assuming that's where her storyline is headed in Season 8 (and I'd be surprised if it is). And if they want to imply a sex scene, they could just have the kiss happen in a bedchamber and cut to the next scene. Easy enough.

Assuming there is a Sansa romance in Season 8, I think the writers may feel the need to convey somehow that Sansa's going to be able to get past her rape and enjoy sex as a mea culpa for Season 5, although I expect they would do that through dialogue rather than a sex scene. If the writers wanted to keep any S8 Sansa romance extremely chaste (limited to dialogue, eye contact, hand holding, etc.), they would have ample justification for doing so given Sansa's experience with Ramsay. 

Frankly, it's hard for me to picture an Arya/Gendry sex scene, let alone a Hound/Sansa sex scene, and I don't really want to picture it, you know? I mean, if necessary I'm sure that D&D can write something that makes sense for the characters (the Grey Worm/Missandei sex scene was fine), and I know intellectually that Maisie has already done a sex scene in another project (not sure about Sophie) and that both actresses are close to the age Emilia was when she filmed some pretty explicit scenes for Season 1 (21 and 22 vs. 23), but I sure as heck don't want to watch it.

News. Latest /Freefolk drama:

/Praised_be_the_Fruit posted screenshots of posts from /StarWarsCantina from a dude who claimed who have a friend in the industry (...don't they all?) who said that 1) Sansa ends up in a position of power, 2) Sansa and Tyrion have good scenes and 3) Dany dies. /BoatsexBaby, who has some insider information (she seems to know one of the stand-ins), implied this was bullshit. 

(...And just speaking for myself, if Sansa survives how can she not end up in a position of power? That's vague as hell.)

/BoatsexBaby also said this about Dany:

Noh. She is part of all the major battles and one of the biggest highlights of the season, the Dance of Dragons has her on Drogon. So no, she won't be sidelined.

Episode 6. The battle of KL with the AoTD on the ground and a breathtaking Dance of the Dragons in the sky. D&D are coming for that Emmy, haha.

...Oh, and apparently /GettingtheBetsyWetsy was called out by the /Freefolk mods, but he (she?) had been looking pretty shaky for a while.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Yes, absolutely.  There's a lot more to the Hound in the books, in terms of themes and his character journey (particularly since the TV version barely gets any character development in the first three seasons).

There's nothing original about the Arya/Hound stuff in the show, which is a familiar riff on Leon: The Professional and a bunch of other imitators in the 25 years since that feature a young girl and an older veteran killer.  The basic plot, etc. is all from the book, too; the difference is mainly that the show, as it typically does, had them become closer than they did in the books (the latter choice, having characters not become close because the distance between them is simply too great, is really the more distinctive choice).

I don't think there's any basis to think they'd refrain from having them kiss, hypothetically.  Sophie has already kissed multiple older guys on the show.  In Maisie's case, Joe doesn't read as at all age-inappropriate.

Book!Sandor had so many moments of humanity that were left out of the show to make him more edgy. Like actually protesting when Joffrey had the KG beat Sansa at court instead of just looking away, or awkwardly trying to console a grief-stricken Arya following the Red Wedding (while show!Sandor just slapped Arya after taunting her), or regretting not just grabbing Sansa from the Lannisters when he fled KL. A large part of his arc is about coming to terms with his past and moving on from his hatred and lack of direction. While he could still follow show!Sandor's path to some degree, I'm really not a fan of how much they're hyping Clegane Bowl. The Mountain is dead. That's not his brother in there, and yet Sandor's still completely fixated on him. There's no sorrow, anger, sympathy or even relief at his brother's state as a zombie; instead, his feelings haven't changed in the slightest. 

How awkward would that be for Joe, though. I know they're actors and it's their job, but he's known her since she was a tiny 13-year-old. I'd feel so uncomfortable having to kiss someone I'd watched grow up.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Yes, absolutely.  There's a lot more to the Hound in the books, in terms of themes and his character journey

Themes in the show version: vengeance, love and hate, war, childhood, violence, fate, esceptiscism and beliefs, parenthood and family, redemption and forgiveness, etc. 

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

There's nothing original about the Arya/Hound stuff in the show,

I wrote "much more original" as much more original than the really overused beast/beauty or monster/lady or badboy/girl trope. Old killer & young girl friendship, we have seen it many times, is true, but it is nothing in comparison with the thousands and thousands of any of the beast/beauty trope or any of its variations. Even in ASOIAF we see them a few times and not only with Sansan. I like the change for once. So yes, it is much more original in the show.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

A large part of his arc is about coming to terms with his past and moving on from his hatred and lack of direction.

Season 7, Episode 1. The gravedigger scene. It is an ongoing redemption story, and he's changing. He learnt to love, as a parent, with Arya; he finally opens his heart with someone who declared herself (Arya) her sworn enemy, who truly hated him before.That is very deep and powerful.  And Sandor challenged the black-white vision of the world in mind of the young Stark girl. Even his encounters with Brienne shows he changed.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

If the writers made Sophie kiss Aiden Gillen, who's more or less the same age as Rory McCann and Peter Dinklage

But Petyr was not part of "heros" group of characters.

6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

If the writers made Sophie kiss Aiden Gillen, who's more or less the same age as Rory McCann and Peter Dinklage (i.e. easily old enough to be Sophie's father), and kiss him more than once at that, they would definitely make her kiss Rory or Peter, assuming that's where her storyline is headed in Season 8 (and I'd be surprised if it is).

Oh I agree that Sansa or Arya having a kissing scene with Gendry/Tyrion etc. is a possibility if there is any romance on the horizon for the Stark girls.  Although if I had to guess I would say it may be a more chaste kind of kiss rather than a full blown makeout session.  Buy maybe I'm projecting a little bit, honestly even a "fade to black" kiss leading to implied sexy times would gross me out; I still think of Sansa and Arya as those cute little moppets from s1!

Btw, can anyone remember exactly what we know about the Jacqen and Waif actors from Seville?  Do we know if they actually filmed any scenes or could they have been there solely for that documentary that was being filmed at the same time?

8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

If the writers made Sophie kiss Aiden Gillen, who's more or less the same age as Rory McCann and Peter Dinklage (i.e. easily old enough to be Sophie's father), and kiss him more than once at that, they would definitely make her kiss Rory or Peter

Maybe it's stupid but the difference is that LF is hot and the Hound isn't. People will always accept relationship between two atractive persons. 

8 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

But Petyr was not part of "heros" group of characters.

Fair enough. It would be strange if the writers went to so much trouble to show Petyr’s interest in Sansa as creepy—while downplaying the Hound and Tyrion’s attraction to her—only for her to end up with one of them. However, I don’t think the writers would care about writing a kiss scene for Sophie with a much older actor when they already did so twice.

2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Buy maybe I'm projecting a little bit, honestly even a "fade to black" kiss leading to implied sexy times would gross me out; I still think of Sansa and Arya as those cute little moppets from s1!

Same.

45 minutes ago, nikma said:

Maybe it's stupid but the difference is that LF is hot and the Hound isn't. People will always accept relationship between two atractive persons. 

I think people outside maybe a small subsection of the fandom would be creeped out by TV SanSan even if the TV Hound looked like Richard Armitage (a popular fancast, at least for shippers).

46 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I think people outside maybe a small subsection of the fandom would be creeped out by TV SanSan even if the TV Hound looked like Richard Armitage

Not so sure about that. 

10 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Episode 6. The battle of KL with the AoTD on the ground and a breathtaking Dance of the Dragons in the sky. D&D are coming for that Emmy, haha.

OMG. Can't wait. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nikma said:

I think the reason that kiss was allowed is because it was skeevy and abusive, which GOT is not afraid to do.  Those kisses were not romantic, though, of course, that ship has shippers anyway. 

I would totally have been on board show SanSan if the Hound had been age appropriately cast.  As others have said, SanSan is a thing in the books.

I think that if Sansa and Tyrion both live, that they will be end up together, though, I'm not going to bet any money on it just yet because the foreshadowing for Sansa is to be Lady of the North, not Lady of Casterly Rock.

• Love 1

I mean... maybe there's a reason they didnt cast him as Sansa's romantic Byronic hero...

because he isnt?

She was shown to romanticize Joffrey - GRRM is just continuing with that delusion.

Hound/Joffrey is pretty much in the same wheelhouse of traumatic hateful people doing awful things and taking advantage of her.

Book Sandor is like that creepy old guy in the club who demands that you dance with him and threatens you if you don't.

The Hound helped kill Ned's men. I'm sure she'll love that.

This is why Darkstar was a parody of SanSan shippers loving the "bad boys." Arianne gets in trouble for that and snaps out of it.

Sansa converts trauma into happy stories as a defense mechanism. Folks are shipping her delusions.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

Hound/Joffrey is pretty much in the same wheelhouse of traumatic hateful people doing awful things and taking advantage of her.

There are obvious problematic elements to Sandor’d behaviour, but this is a serious overstatement.  The Hound consistently tries to help, even while being an asshole about it, and being quite limited in what he can actually do because of his own issues, which Sansa in turn helps him with.

Indeed, the biggest negative of how the writers handled this material is the loss of so much of Sansa’s storyline in the first two books, both in terms of plot and theme.  So much of her most positive and empathetic material in those books relates to her interactions with him, and how she comes to be the only person who shows him kindness (even before Ned’s death, which rebuts the fan idea that she was nothing but mean before that).

This is why Darkstar was a parody of SanSan shippers loving the "bad boys." Arianne gets in trouble for that and snaps out of it.

Darkstar wasn’t a parody, he was legitimately supposed to be cool, and he’s nothing like the Hound.

• Love 4

I think there will be a Sansan romance (mostly because of what is going on in the books) but I don't think its endgame.  Sansa transferred her "knight in shining armor" from Joffrey to the Hound.  I think she romanticizes him (I also think that Sandor romanticizes Sansa too) and is probably thinking her life is still like a song.  I don't think Sansa sees the real Sandor (or that Sandor sees the real Sansa).  I think that when they reunite they will both break out of their illusions of the other person.  I don't see a real friendship or partnership in their interactions (even though I think they both have an attraction for the other).  I actually see Sandor kind of like Sansa's Daario.  Somebody she needed at the time, has some feelings for but won't sustain a long term relationship. 

Also a person can have more than one love in their life even if its not a long-term relationship.  Jon had Ygritte, Dany had Drogo, Jaime had Cersei and Tyrion had Tysha.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Colorful Mess said:

Sansa converts trauma into happy stories as a defense mechanism. Folks are shipping her delusions.

I agree. The Unkiss fantasy is just another example of Sansa suppressing her trauma through delusions. 

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

There are obvious problematic elements to Sandor’d behaviour, but this is a serious overstatement.  The Hound consistently tries to help

Book Sandor was "trying to help" when he shoved her down on a bed, pressed a knife to her throat and told her to sing for her life?

He gave her arm a hard wrench, pulling her around and shoving her down onto the bed. "I'll have that song. Florian and Jonquil, you said." His dagger was out, poised at her throat. "Sing, little bird. Sing for your little life."

Her throat was dry and tight with fear, and every song she had ever known had fled from her mind. Please don't kill me, she wanted to scream, please don't. She could feel him twisting the point, pushing it into her throat, and she almost closed her eyes again, but then she remembered. 

Trying to help? Seriously?

1 hour ago, Sunshinegal said:

I think there will be a Sansan romance (mostly because of what is going on in the books) but I don't think its endgame. 

Me, neither.

...Going back to S8, /BoatsexBaby has hinted at putting up a post this week on /Freefolk where she's going to reveal everything she knows (for a certainty) about Season 8. /BoatsexBaby is a hardcore Dany fan as far as I can tell and has jeered at any purported leak stating that Dany dies, but whether this is based on her spoilery inside information or is just wishful thinking, I don't know.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

.Going back to S8, /BoatsexBaby has hinted at putting up a post this week on /Freefolk where she's going to reveal everything she knows (for a certainty) about Season 8. /BoatsexBaby is a hardcore Dany fan as far as I can tell and has jeered at any purported leak stating that Dany dies, but whether this is based on her spoilery inside information or is just wishful thinking, I don't know.

Oooooo can’t wait to read it!

29 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Oooooo can’t wait to read it!

It should be interesting!

A crew member posted a farewell post on Instagram where he indicated that the show would be back in April 2019. He later scrubbed the word "April" from his post when he realized his mistake. (I believe something similar happened when Maisie Williams in an interview a while back said the show would be coming back in April 2019 and then later played it off.)

If we're speculating about specific dates, April 14th seems as good a date as any. With six episodes, it's as late as they can start airing episodes without having to air one on Memorial Day weekend (May 27th in 2019).

List of previous GOT premiere dates, for reference:

Season 1: April 17, 2011

Season 2: April 1, 2012

Season 3: March 31, 2013

Season 4: April 6, 2014

Season 5: April 12, 2015

Season 6: April 24, 2016

Season 7: July 16, 2017

(edited)

There is not loss. Just change. There is not loss because she is not, and never was, the Sansa in the books. Some of her plots and themes are the same, some of them are different, that's all.

I agree. The Unkiss fantasy is just another example of Sansa suppressing her trauma through delusion

Agree. Sansa is fighting in her mind a world of lies people told her. A different challenge will be to find what lies she told herself.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, nikma said:

Why do we trust BoatsexBaby btw? 

Do we?  I thought they were just a potentially fake leaker who hadn't been explicitly debunked.  Interesting to read, if nothing else; I generally enjoy seeing what people come up with as potential storylines.

Book Sandor was "trying to help" when he shoved her down on a bed, pressed a knife to her throat and told her to sing for her life?

That's actually a good case of what the full sentence describes, i.e., that he "tries to help, even while being an asshole about it, and being quite limited in what he can actually do because of his own issues".  He shows up in her room offering to rescue her (something that's no doubt been weighing on his mind after his general impotence at helping her in court), which she quite understandably refuses because he's kind of acting like a maniac, between all the booze, PTSD triggers, being covered in gore from the battle, and his general anger issues.  He doesn't take it well (see the aforesaid).  What he needs above all else in therapy and detox, which I guess the Quiet Isle is as close as he's going to find for that in Westeros.

5 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

There is not loss. Just change. There is not loss because she is not, and never was, the Sansa in the books. Some of her plots and themes are the same, some of them are different, that's all.

It's a loss because nothing replaced it.  Sansa's story in the early seasons is a hollowed out shell.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SeanC said:

It's a loss because nothing replaced it.  Sansa's story in the early seasons is a hollowed out shell.

Disagree. Her world crumbles around her while she tries to find her own way to survive, to show strenght even in hard times. 

(edited)

EDIT:  We're getting off topic with this, so I'll leave it there.

As has been discussed in here a lot, pretty much all of the book Sansa/Hound stuff was cut from the show, so I have no idea what if anything will happen there in the final season.  The writers' choices frequently mystify me, but it's such a huge part of Sansa's book character arc that it's impossible for me not to at least consider that it will turn up in some form in the final season.

Edited by SeanC

On the subject of leakers, we'll almost certainly never know, but I'd love to know who Lads really was and how they got all the information they did.

4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I agree. The Unkiss fantasy is just another example of Sansa suppressing her trauma through delusions. 

Me, neither.

...Going back to S8, /BoatsexBaby has hinted at putting up a post this week on /Freefolk where she's going to reveal everything she knows (for a certainty) about Season 8. /BoatsexBaby is a hardcore Dany fan as far as I can tell and has jeered at any purported leak stating that Dany dies, but whether this is based on her spoilery inside information or is just wishful thinking, I don't know.

I am interested in hearing what this person knows.

2 hours ago, SeanC said:

On the subject of leakers, we'll almost certainly never know, but I'd love to know who Lads really was and how they got all the information they did.

I remember when I know no one (including me) believe Lads only for it to turn out that all his/her leaks were correct. He or she clearly had read all of the early scripts. Someone's friend/significant other, maybe?

(edited)
4 hours ago, nikma said:

Why do we trust BoatsexBaby btw? 

Speaking only for myself, because she posted photos from Seville that proved that she either knew one of the GOT stand-ins or knew someone who worked closely with them.

4 hours ago, SeanC said:

That's actually a good case of what the full sentence describes, i.e., that he "tries to help, even while being an asshole about it, and being quite limited in what he can actually do because of his own issues".  He shows up in her room offering to rescue her (something that's no doubt been weighing on his mind after his general impotence at helping her in court), which she quite understandably refuses (...) He doesn’t take it well. (...) What he needs above all is therapy and detox (...)

“He tries to help, even if he’s an asshole about it” and “He doesn’t take it well” are an awfully generous, even euphemistic take on what is nothing more than an abusive, creepy asshole reacting to rejection by shoving a child down, pressing a knife to her throat and threatening her life.

...And of course you think Sandor’s the one in need of therapy, not the child he assaulted and traumatized. Nice.

It’s a loss because nothing replaced it. Sansa’s story in the early seasons is a hollowed out shell.

Only to those who consider SanSan the be all and end all of Sansa’s story in the books, as you apparently do.

3 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

I believe BSB might have some inside info from extras / doubles etc, but I’m skeptical as to whether she has legit info on the actual ending. I am definitely interested to see what she posts though!

I don’t think /BoatsexBaby (BSB only makes me think of the Backstreet Boys) knows the ending, either, but she unquestionably has access to some inside information, and hopefully she’ll share more of what she has.

What she has said so far of note, off the top of my head:

1. Sophie, Gwen, Peter and Lino and their stand-ins/doubles filmed in Seville during the day. The only other stand-ins/doubles in Seville were Kit's and Jacob's.

2. Maisie, Isaac, John, Liam, and Joe also filmed in Seville during the day, but their stand-ins/doubles were not in Seville.

3. Kit and Jacob (Grey Worm) rehearsed a stunt on Tuesday afternoon (the day before everyone left Seville).

4. The battle of KL will take place in 8x06 at least partly, with the AOTD in KL while Viserion ridden by the NK does battle with Drogon ridden by Dany in the sky.

5. Principal photography will continue until December (just location shots, no actors). Expect the show to premiere no earlier than April.

6. Battle scenes were filmed in Seville involving the Unsullied and wildling/Dothraki extras among others. They couldn’t get the permits soon enough so a lot of the battle was filmed with greenscreen in the Magheramorne quarry. Some of the quarry scenes (Jaime/Brienne, Melisandre on a horse, etc.)  are supposed to be in KL, if not necessarily at the Dragonpit. There were night shoots in Seville to finish the quarry battle scenes.

7. The production did film a documentary and extra features in Seville alongside the Season 8 scenes. The extras/stand-ins are also part of the documentary.

8. These 8 characters are involved in the KL battle for certain: Jon, Dany, Arya, Melisandre, NK, Jaime, Brienne and Bran.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)

A new Sophie interview with Digital Spy:

Her final scene as Sansa "took about five days to shoot" – leaving Turner and her unnamed co-stars "all quite sweaty, and bored by the end".

But helping to alleviate the difficulties of shooting was a touching farewell gift from Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. "I wrapped shooting in Spain – like, the whole of Game of Thrones," Turner explained. "But I remember the first time, when I wrapped in Belfast with the crew that we worked with so often, it was in the Winterfell courtyard.

So the Seville filming was, in fact, her final day of shooting.  There's that debate laid to rest.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, SeanC said:

A new Sophie interview with Digital Spy:

So the Seville filming was, in fact, her final day of shooting.  There's that debate laid to rest.

Thought as much. That's very much what her tweet sounded like. Someone mentioned that she definitely filmed afterwards, but she was probably just hanging out with the gang till the wrap party and then headed to Australia.

So what's this about then?

But helping to alleviate the difficulties of shooting was a touching farewell gift from Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. "I wrapped shooting in Spain – like, the whole of Game of Thrones," Turner explained. "But I remember the first time, when I wrapped in Belfast with the crew that we worked with so often, it was in the Winterfell courtyard.

"I wasn't even shooting there, but the director, David Nutter, called me into the courtyard, because he knew it was my last day on set. He said to the whole crew, 'Sansa Stark is leaving Winterfell for the last time.'

"As you can imagine, I bawled my eyes out.

"Then David and Dan presented each actor with their favourite scene of their character in a storyboard, with a little note on the back. That set me off as well. As soon as they brought that out… And the documentary crew saw me. It was just a nightmare, to be honest – I was just bawling.

"It's very emotional. But we keep delaying our goodbyes. We keep going, 'We'll see you at the wrap party. It's fine.' And then we're like, 'Well, we won't say bye now. We'll say bye at the premiere.' 'We won't say bye then. We'll say bye at Comic-Con.' We never want it to be goodbye, really."

She wrapped in Belfast while David Nutter was filming? Which means about the end of April.

And it does look like a documentary crew is following these guys around everywhere.

Edited by anamika
43 minutes ago, anamika said:

She wrapped in Belfast while David Nutter was filming?

She was talking about the show filming in the Winterfell setting for the last time.  That's why she said she wrapped in Belfast the first time, then in Seville, the second? third? time.  Seville was the last time she filmed for the show.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, anamika said:

Thought as much. That's very much what her tweet sounded like. Someone mentioned that she definitely filmed afterwards, but she was probably just hanging out with the gang till the wrap party and then headed to Australia.

So what's this about then?

She wrapped in Belfast while David Nutter was filming? Which means about the end of April.

And it does look like a documentary crew is following these guys around everywhere.

Sophie may have been in Belfast post-Seville to do ADR.

Yes, Sophie was seen in Belfast in April a few times, so that must have been when she wrapped.

/BoatsexBaby has been heavily implying that the scene Sophie, Peter, Gwen, and Lino filmed with doubles was an action scene where doubles were needed because of risky action falling short of stunts (running around during a battle, e.g.).

If Sophie wrapped in Seville, that leaves Sansa out of a good chunk of the finale. She must have no part in the climactic KL AOTD attack sequence. It also means that if there was a scene filmed at Tollymore forest in May (the location where they filmed the discovery of the direwolf pups for S1) as rumoured, Sansa wasn’t part of it.

(edited)
1 hour ago, WearyTraveler said:

She was talking about the show filming in the Winterfell setting for the last time.  That's why she said she wrapped in Belfast the first time, then in Seville, the second? third? time.  Seville was the last time she filmed for the show.

I get that. Sophie wrapped in Belfast around April which was around the time Nutter wrapped. I very much doubt that the show films for the last time in the Winterfell courtyard in a Nutter episode 4 or episode 2. We don't go back there in the finale for the rebuilding? Maybe D&D shot those scenes much earlier then. As per filming spoilers, the Winterfell set is back to looking as good as ever.

If Sophie wrapped in Seville, that leaves Sansa out of a good chunk of the finale. She must have no part in the climactic KL AOTD attack sequence. It also means that if there was a scene filmed at Tollymore forest in May (the location where they filmed the discovery of the direwolf pups for S1) as rumoured, Sansa wasn’t part of it.

Yes, it looks like she basically wrapped in Belfast by April and had 5 days of shooting in Seville wrapping up fully. So absent those 5 days in May, we now know that Sophie did not film for the months of May and June.

I am also liking that Sophie is starting to give interviews. She's the most leaky of the cast and has immediately given us some info. Give us more interviews Sophie!!

On 7/10/2018 at 5:51 AM, Eyes High said:

8. These 8 characters are involved in the KL battle for certain: Jon, Dany, Arya, Melisandre, NK, Jaime, Brienne and Bran.

I would say that Tyrion is most definitely involved as well. Peter Dinklage has been in Belfast for the past however many weeks when the battle scenes were being filmed on the KL set. He was pretty much the only actor who flew in for Kit's wedding from Belfast.

Edited by anamika

Sophie may have been in Belfast post-Seville to do ADR.

Yes, Sophie was seen in Belfast in April a few times, so that must have been when she wrapped.

/BoatsexBaby has been heavily implying that the scene Sophie, Peter, Gwen, and Lino filmed with doubles was an action scene where doubles were needed because of risky action falling short of stunts (running around during a battle, e.g.).

So are you now saying that the scenes in Seville were not the denouement? I am not clear. Given the different in temperature, wouldn't it be difficult to hide that the actors in Seville were in a warmer climate?

12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Given the different in temperature, wouldn't it be difficult to hide that the actors in Seville were in a warmer climate?

Not really, no.  Like, a lot of the desert scenes in Mad Max: Fury Road were actually filmed in very cold conditions, but you’d never know that from the finished product.

1 minute ago, SeanC said:

Not really, no.  Like, a lot of the desert scenes in Mad Max: Fury Road were actually filmed in very cold conditions, but you’d never know that from the finished product.

But how do they hide that the actors are hot and sweating? So you do think that the Seville are not the denouement, but rather action scenes? This was my thought, but so many people were convinced otherwise.

3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

But how do they hide that the actors are hot and sweating? 

Makeup, I suppose.

As for the possibility of it being some kind of action scene, that seems a bit more probable now, though even five days isn’t actually a ton of time for that sort of thing.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, SeanC said:

As for the possibility of it being some kind of action scene, that seems a bit more probable now, though even five days isn’t actually a ton of time for that sort of thing.

Maybe, it's a small scene. These guys holed up somewhere, or running somewhere through the dragonpit. I don't envision Sansa doing any hardcore fighting, so I doubt it's a big action scene.  Whatever it was, Sophie seems to have been bored and sweaty. I am guessing a lot of wait time between filming.

If it's not an action scene, then it could be them all just sitting around in the dragonpit like the last season finale. Maybe Sansa had to wear her big fur cloak like Jon had to and that's why Sophie was all sweaty. I remember Kit complaining during DVD commentary about how hot and heavy his fur cloak was in that scene.

5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

So are you now saying that the scenes in Seville were not the denouement? I am not clear. Given the different in temperature, wouldn't it be difficult to hide that the actors in Seville were in a warmer climate?

I think it's possible they were doing some episode 5 filming in Seville - scenes that run concurrent with what Sapochnik was filming on the KL set in Belfast. GOT directors have talked about filming some scenes for episodes that they are not in charge of because of scheduling or other issues - namely being unable to be in two places at once and the show simultaneously filming in different locations with different units. It could be D&D handled Sapochnik's Seville scenes because he was busy in Belfast. We know Kit was in Belfast while Seville filming was going on and then flew in directly from there to Seville. I think some of Sapochnik's crew were spotted in Seville.

image.png.fd1007e150dccb88c3c095ef436ff990.png

"Fans will be satisfied with the level of blood, lust and Treachery." 

Edited by anamika
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I now doubt it, since /BoatsexBaby keeps insinuating it’s a Daznak’s Pit-type scene with the doubles running around in the midst of chaos. I agree about the climate issue, but I guess they just decided to cross their fingers and hope that Seville wouldn’t be too hot in May.

The fact that Sophie came back to Belfast a number of times after Seville before leaving for good makes me wonder about all the post-Seville actor sightings for those actors who unlike Maisie, Kit, NCW and Liam (among others) didn’t explicitly state they were still filming: Isaac, Pilou, Gwen, etc.

9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

But how do they hide that the actors are hot and sweating? So you do think that the Seville are not the denouement, but rather action scenes? This was my thought, but so many people were convinced otherwise.

In other seasons we were told by the actors that they had cooling units under their outfits.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nikma said:

People on free folk think she means Tyrion, but I think it's Varys.

I think if there is betrayal they will both be in on it, since they seemed to be on the same page with regards to Dany last season. Anyways, D&D's take on any 'betrayal' is probably not going to amount to much. Probably Tyrion keeping some information from Dany or something like that.

Someone on freefolk  pointed that this was a pre-season 7 interview, so nothing to do with season 8.

(edited)
21 hours ago, anamika said:

Maybe, it's a small scene. These guys holed up somewhere, or running somewhere through the dragonpit. I don't envision Sansa doing any hardcore fighting, so I doubt it's a big action scene.  Whatever it was, Sophie seems to have been bored and sweaty. I am guessing a lot of wait time between filming.

If it's not an action scene, then it could be them all just sitting around in the dragonpit like the last season finale. Maybe Sansa had to wear her big fur cloak like Jon had to and that's why Sophie was all sweaty. I remember Kit complaining during DVD commentary about how hot and heavy his fur cloak was in that scene.

I think it's possible they were doing some episode 5 filming in Seville - scenes that run concurrent with what Sapochnik was filming on the KL set in Belfast. GOT directors have talked about filming some scenes for episodes that they are not in charge of because of scheduling or other issues - namely being unable to be in two places at once and the show simultaneously filming in different locations with different units. It could be D&D handled Sapochnik's Seville scenes because he was busy in Belfast. We know Kit was in Belfast while Seville filming was going on and then flew in directly from there to Seville. I think some of Sapochnik's crew were spotted in Seville.

image.png.fd1007e150dccb88c3c095ef436ff990.png

"Fans will be satisfied with the level of blood, lust and Treachery." 

The quoted interview itself is a reprint of a pre-S7 interview Emilia did elsewhere, though. I think that bit about what Emilia is willing to wager is just patter the writer made up.

Assuming the Seville filming with Sophie, Liam, Maisie and others was all for a Dragonpit battle (parts of which were already filmed in the Magheramorne Quarry), coupled with what we know about the big KL exterior sequence filmed with Maisie, Kit and Liam but without Sophie and others who filmed at Seville (Joe, e.g.), the timeline for 8x06 mystifies me...especially since /BoatsexBaby has named eight characters she knows are involved in the KL battle because they filmed KL scenes elsewhere--Jaime, Brienne, Jon, Dany, Arya, the NK, Bran, and Melisandre--but hasn't named Tyrion or Sansa as part of that battle, even though they're at the Dragonpit, which is supposedly the site of that battle, with Arya, Brienne and Bran (who are part of the battle). Nor did Sophie film anything at Magheramorne Quarry as far as I'm aware, since she was away from Belfast while filming was going on.

We also know that Sophie wasn't part of any KL exterior filming except the Dragonpit. Does Sansa just pop up at the Dragonpit, run around in the middle of the battle, and then hide out there for the remainder of the KL sequence while Arya, Jon, Davos, etc. do all the work of (I assume) shepherding KL residents to safety as KL burns to the ground, as Kit, Maisie, and Liam were filming those scenes through May and June? Or does Sansa die at the Dragonpit after all? And if Sansa doesn't die, what is she doing while all the KL exterior craziness shot in May and June is occurring? The KL exterior sequence involving Jon, Davos and Arya must take place separate from whatever was shot at Seville, since Liam and Maisie filmed in Seville and the characters can't be in two places at once. Nor is Sansa involved in whatever's going on with the Mountain (and, presumably, although we don't know it for a fact, Sandor) that was filmed in June, since Sophie wrapped in May.

Emilia at least has a reason for being absent from the bulk of the KL exterior filming and Seville filming (Dany's on a dragon the whole time). What is Sansa doing?

...It's all super confusing.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1