Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Not sure but they did a table read through all those scripts so he would've been there when they were read to everyone 

He says he was "sent" the scripts (in October, not end of August like the main actors IIRC) and used "I" when he mentioned getting to the final episode, so I was under the impression that it wasn't at the table read. If actors don't get scripts for the episodes they aren't in, it would be a big hint that Gendry makes it to the last one (and I'd like very much this turn of events).

I also had another idea, re: the last batch of pictures. If Cersei loses her mind (well, completely, since she's already unhinged) I can see her sending the GC and her soldiers North -I'd still need a reason, other than money, for the GC to accept such a stupid idea military speaking, but OK. Those armies managing to attack Winterfell doesn't seem realistic to me, but I would be of another mind if they were turned by the NK on the way there. Then yes, I can see them reach WF and lay siege. It also could be what convinces the Iron Bank that Cersei isn't Tywin reincarnated, and Nestoris to drop her.  It wouldn't be the first time that she makes it horribly worse for everyone with her hare-brained plans, including herself after they backfire at her like her High Sparrow scheme.

Edited by Happy Harpy
(edited)
On 3/25/2018 at 6:26 PM, Edith said:

More via /Freefolk:

1. Daniel Portman posted a selfie showing that he'd shaved--previously he had a beard for Robert the Bruce--and a picture of a drink with a shamrock in it. Maybe Portman's back for filming, too...?

2. Sophie Turner posted a picture of Maisie from Belfast.

3. Kit was snapped having dinner with Ben Crompton in Belfast.

4. Tobias Menzies says he hasn't heard from the show and has no idea whether Edmure is back. On the other hand, if he were coming back, would he say anything?

5. Joe Dempsie did an interview where he talked about having been sent the "scripts" in October, so I guess we can assume Gendry appears in multiple episodes.

6. User /Jamothy posted a video of the Randalstown Forest in Northern Ireland, sprayed down with fake snow and earmarked for GOT filming on March 29th (Thursday).

7. GoTlike Locations reported that there was filming in Magheramorne tonight that had to be eventually called off due to bad weather. Later posted this pic of the set with cast and crew, possibly including Peter Dinklage.

Edited by Eyes High
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

More via /Freefolk:

1. Daniel Portman posted a selfie showing that he'd shaved--previously he had a beard for Robert the Bruce--and a picture of a drink with a shamrock in it. Maybe Portman's back for filming, too...?

2. Sophie Turner posted a picture of Maisie from Belfast.

3. Kit was snapped having dinner with Ben Crompton in Belfast.

4. Tobias Menzies says he hasn't heard from the show and has no idea whether Edmure is back. On the other hand, if he were coming back, would he say anything?

5. Joe Dempsie did an interview where he talked about having been sent the "scripts" in October, so I guess we can assume Gendry appears in multiple episodes.

6. User /Jamothy posted a video of the Randalstown Forest in Northern Ireland, sprayed down with fake snow and earmarked for GOT filming on March 29th (Thursday).

7. GoTlike Locations reported that there was filming in Magheramorne tonight that had to be eventually called off due to bad weather. Later posted this pic of the set with cast and crew, possibly including Peter Dinklage.

He would say something if he were back just like Meera Reed's actress. 

I guess we can safely assume that Meera Reed, Howland Reed and Edmure Tully won't get any closure from the show.

Los Siete Reinos delivers some S8 spoilers. The Spanish stuff is here, but here's the upshot:

1. By 8x03, the AOTD will have added wildlings and NW wights to their numbers.

2. The AOTD scenes from 8x03 that were filmed in the last few days implied that the army was advancing slowly. They filmed the scenes at the Magheramorne quarry, using green screen. They also used aerial shots.

3. The plot of the fight against the AOTD will continue at least until 8x04.

4. The AOTD will confront (among others) a reunited Jaime and Brienne fighting to save humanity.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

4. The AOTD will confront (among others) a reunited Jaime and Brienne fighting to save humanity.

Gimme. Now. Seriously. I don't even hope for a happy ending for them but I want my battle couple.

I certainly would like it if 8x06 is saved for a conclusion to the whole series, with lots of character interaction, so that the ending isn't rushed. But if Cersei or Buffoon Euron last longer than the NK, I'm not going to be pleased. Hopefully the big battle in 8x05 also involves the AoTD.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

Gimme. Now. Seriously. I don't even hope for a happy ending for them but I want my battle couple.

I certainly would like it if 8x06 is saved for a conclusion to the whole series, with lots of character interaction, so that the ending isn't rushed. But if Cersei or Buffoon Euron last longer than the NK, I'm not going to be pleased. Hopefully the big battle in 8x05 also involves the AoTD.

Jaime and Brienne fighting WWs (I assume, since they have Valyrian steel swords) side by side is everything.

Valyrian steel roll call for Team Jon/Dany:

Longclaw: Jon

Widow's Wail: Jaime

Oathkeeper: Brienne

Catspaw dagger: Arya

Heartsbane: Sam (unless he hands it off to someone else)

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Jaime and Brienne fighting WWs (I assume, since they have Valyrian steel swords) side by side is everything.

Valyrian steel roll call for Team Jon/Dany:

Longclaw: Jon

Widow's Wail: Jaime

Oathkeeper: Brienne

Catspaw dagger: Arya

Heartsbane: Sam (unless he hands it off to someone else)

Since Sam is an awful fighter I'm guessing he'll be handing it off to someone else (Jorah maybe?) who could use it more effectively. It would be wasted on Sam. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, glowbug said:

Since Sam is an awful fighter I'm guessing he'll be handing it off to someone else (Jorah maybe?) who could use it more effectively. It would be wasted on Sam. 

Jorah and the Hound are the best Westerosi fighters who don't have Valyrian steel, so it'd be a good idea to give it to one of them. Tormund, maybe? Grey Worm fights mainly with a spear IIRC, or he'd be another candidate.

Of course, someone might also find Dark Sister in Lyanna's grave...

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

In the books Jaime has a dream that sends him back to Harrenhal to rescue Brienne. In that dream he is confronted with ghosts and Tywin gives him a sword that splits into two, one of which goes to Brienne. The swords take flame and together they are faced with the dead. Jaime dreams he and Brienne will fight the dead with flaming swords.

Any chance that Brienne and Jaime's twin Valyrian steel swords will take flame next season?

At least, Jaime fighting wights with one hand is believable. I like the idea of he and Brienne fighting side by side. He has a lot to atone for and this is a good start. I think that he dies by the end of the story, but Brienne out lives him as she did her previous love, Renly.

4 hours ago, glowbug said:

When they met and bonded, I predicted that Sam would give Jorah Heartsbane and am pretty confident that I am right on this one.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

Wait what happened with WOTW?

People take pictures of the set, post them on a Twitter account. Pretend to have very spoilery pictures, then delete their twitter account, tagging WOTW. Asked (on Twitter?) about pic-people, WOTW called them "a faker like the others". Pic-people are pretty pissed off, since they allege they were the ones who provided WOTW with BoTB spoilery close-up pictures of the battlefield a couple of years ago. They post a picture on Freefolk in the post linked above:  A bunch of skeletons looking like a close-up on the corpses seen at the WF set. Pic-people deleted the post, don't know yet what happened next.

If the pictures were legit, the skeletons weren't charred (some white bones) and were wearing some sort of pelts. Not Unsullied, either wights or Dothraki I'd say.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

Isaac and John Bradley are in Belfast as well. Looks like almost all of the cast have gathered in Belfast for some major filming.

Sam can give his sword to Jorah and Jaime should hand over his sword to the Hound. Jaime sucks as a fighter now. He had to get saved by Rickon, sorry Dickon, during the field of fire 2.0. It would be the waste of a good valerian sword to be used by one handed Jaime.

And hopefully atleast next season, Brienne lets the Starks know that she and Jaime have Ice.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3

Some interesting news regarding Sophie's GOT schedule from the Dark Phoenix delay:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is going to see some considerable changes before its release, as sources tell ComicBook.com the Simon Kinberg-directed film is in need of multiple weeks worth of reshoots to change significant story points in the film.

After testing the film, 20th Century Fox has elected to bring the film back into production ahead of its release. They will have a significant roadblock in doing so, however, as its titular Dark Phoenix actress Sophie Turner will be heavily tied up with obligations to Game of Thrones' final season through September. The film has already been pushed back to Valentine's Day in 2019.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/27/x-men-dark-phoenix-requiring-significant-reshoots/

(edited)
1 hour ago, anamika said:

Some interesting news regarding Sophie's GOT schedule from the Dark Phoenix delay:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/27/x-men-dark-phoenix-requiring-significant-reshoots/

Interesting. I thought filming would end in June--didn't Lena say something to that effect?--but there was talk that filming could extend through August.

In unrelated news, sounds like Dark Phoenix is in deep trouble if they sent it back for multiple weeks' worth of reshoots after testing.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Interesting. I thought filming would end in June--didn't Lena say something to that effect?--but there was talk that filming could extend through August.

In unrelated news, sounds like Dark Phoenix is in deep trouble if they sent it back for multiple weeks' worth of reshoots after testing.

Yeah, I thought about posting that article earlier, but I wasn’t sure how legitimate it was based on the seeming discrepancy in what we’d previously been told about the production timeline of the show.  If it’s true, though, Sophie must be filming a fair bit in the summer.

Both Dark Phoenix and New Mutants (which I’d guess must have similar schedule issues with Maisie) seem to be getting significantly reworked.  I’d be interested to know if the impending Disney buyout is leading to some sort of internal politicking.

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Interesting. I'm not sure that it means more than her long absence from Belfast in terms of storylines, though, since there's no way to know what they film for the interior and non-battle scenes, and in which order.

It would be logical that GoT secured the main and heavily recurring actors for a big longer than the planned schedule (in case of big delays or other imponderables).

Dark Phoenix sounds like a dud, but again people cried "doomed" for movies like World War Z -or a little show named GoT- because of extended reshoots and it turned out pretty well for them in the end.

(edited)

Miscellaneous spoilers via /Freefolk:

1. Saintfield filming has wrapped up.

2. A lot of fog/smoke spotted coming out of the Magheramorne set.

3. Maisie and Sophie have left Belfast.

4. Hogwort7 posted a set photo of a trebuchet.

5. Filming will break soon for Easter.

6. GotLikeLocation spotted film crew near Shane's Castle (location used for Winterfell crypts).

7. Davy Orr posted video possibly showing Beric's flaming sword.

ETA: /Hogwort7 resurfaced at /Freefolk and posted 24 set pics. In addition to the trebuchet I mentioned, it's pretty much just a lot of dummy corpses: skeletons, what looks like wights, Ironborn, Northmen, Unsullied, and horses. There are also Mormont and Arryn shields. (Maybe the Ironborn are involved in the fight against the NK?)

/Hogwort7 additionally claims that he saw scenes filmed with Jaime dying in Brienne's arms and Melisandre fighting the NK by herself (but not winning). Apparently, Melisandre has the power to turn the dead against the NK.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

/Hogwort7 additionally claims that he saw scenes filmed with Jaime dying in Brienne's arms and Melisandre fighting the NK by herself (but not winning). Apparently, Melisandre has the power to turn the dead against the NK.

If Jaime is going to die, could Tyrion be responsible for offing Cersei...

Jaime fighting with one hand was always going to be a bad idea.

Some squids on those shields there - either Euron's or Theon's. Some golden shields as well.

Edited by anamika
1 hour ago, anamika said:

If Jaime is going to die, could Tyrion be responsible for offing Cersei...

Jaime fighting with one hand was always going to be a bad idea.

Some squids on those shields there - either Euron's or Theon's. Some golden shields as well.

Nah. Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei or else it lacks impact for Cersei. Cersei expects Tyrion to kill her. Jaime doing it kills her very soul. She can't even kill Jaime.

Edited by WindyNights

He saw Jaime pass out in Brienne's arms. Just like Tyrion at Blackwater, he's only hurt. (Stage 1, denial. I know, I know.) But in Brienne's arms...I'll be a mess.

Pictures are creepy even if you know it's a TV show, seems right out of an history book of horrors. Interestingly, though, I didn't see any conspicuous sign of a Lannister soldier.

Arya taking Jaime's face to off Cersei could happen. I know that Bronn and Jaime might have taken that way as well, but ever since the report of a tunnel entrance at the KL set, I've thought of Arya going there and infiltrating the castle.  Cersei would never know - was it why they had Arya state she could see the thoughts of the people whose face she wore, in S7? Maybe it would be even crueler that way. Personally, it wouldn't be a satisfying solution on paper; I'd rather that either Arya or Jaime kill Cersei as themselves.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

I would much rather Jaime died heroically in Brienne's arms than with Cersei, especially more than the murder'suicide theory going around. And I actually prefer Tyrion to be the Valonqar, and for it to be the result of Cersei's treatment of him (at least partially) so that it could be a self fulfilling prophecy. 

• Love 1

L7R is saying that the J/B spoiler they reported, is going to happen in episode 4.

"With all this information, and compiling everything we know so far from the eighth season, we can have more or less a scheme of the last season of Game of Thrones:

• Winterfell will be attacked by a human army. We believe that the assailants will be the Gold Company, which will appear this season.
• The NK will also appear later with his army, and we believe that the place of this battle could also be Winterfell. As we have seen, there would be significant losses.
• We are not clear about it: perhaps Winterfell falls and there is a second subsequent battle (Arryn and Greyjoys knights have appeared now); but what seems clearer is that the NK would succeed in the first assault at Winterfell.
• And what happens then with the famous meeting of Jon with Cersei that will take place in KL? Here we can only speculate, but we think it could take place after these Winterfell events: maybe Jon will try a final agreement with the queen. Those scenes, when directed by David Nutter, could also be from episode 4 (like those of Jaime and Brienne, who we know fight together in that same episode) Are they earlier? Nutter also directs chapters 1 and 2, but Jon is at the end of the seventh season heading North and it does not seem very feasible that he can travel so fast to KL.
• We could assume in any case that these negotiations fail, because KL will be attacked by fire (we think  dragon) also in the last season.
• And the shooting in Iceland? Again we can only theorize, but we think it could be a last attempt to destroy the Heart of Winter or something similar in the Lands of Eternal Winter, as the last hope to kill the NK, although this is the least fit of everything."

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, whateverdgaf said:

I would much rather Jaime died heroically in Brienne's arms than with Cersei, especially more than the murder'suicide theory going around. And I actually prefer Tyrion to be the Valonqar, and for it to be the result of Cersei's treatment of him (at least partially) so that it could be a self fulfilling prophecy. 

That's valid but Tyrion explicitly states that he's going to rape Cersei before he kills her. Not sure that GRRM would actually go through with that.

10 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

He saw Jaime pass out in Brienne's arms. Just like Tyrion at Blackwater, he's only hurt. (Stage 1, denial. I know, I know.) But in Brienne's arms...I'll be a mess.

Pictures are creepy even if you know it's a TV show, seems right out of an history book of horrors. Interestingly, though, I didn't see any conspicuous sign of a Lannister soldier.

Arya taking Jaime's face to off Cersei could happen. I know that Bronn and Jaime might have taken that way as well, but ever since the report of a tunnel entrance at the KL set, I've thought of Arya going there and infiltrating the castle.  Cersei would never know - was it why they had Arya state she could see the thoughts of the people whose face she wore, in S7? Maybe it would be even crueler that way. Personally, it wouldn't be a satisfying solution on paper; I'd rather that either Arya or Jaime kill Cersei as themselves.

My issue with Cersei going out by Arya's hand is that it's the type of cartharsis that GRRM doesn't like to do. 

So when Tyrion killed Tywin, that was cathartic except that it completely destroyed Tyrion's internal self to do it and he became a kin-slayer.

Arya killing Cersei wouldn't matter to her. She'd be happy about it. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Edith said:

L7R is saying that the J/B spoiler they reported, is going to happen in episode 4.

"With all this information, and compiling everything we know so far from the eighth season, we can have more or less a scheme of the last season of Game of Thrones:

• Winterfell will be attacked by a human army. We believe that the assailants will be the Gold Company, which will appear this season.
• The NK will also appear later with his army, and we believe that the place of this battle could also be Winterfell. As we have seen, there would be significant losses.
• We are not clear about it: perhaps Winterfell falls and there is a second subsequent battle (Arryn and Greyjoys knights have appeared now); but what seems clearer is that the NK would succeed in the first assault at Winterfell.
• And what happens then with the famous meeting of Jon with Cersei that will take place in KL? Here we can only speculate, but we think it could take place after these Winterfell events: maybe Jon will try a final agreement with the queen. Those scenes, when directed by David Nutter, could also be from episode 4 (like those of Jaime and Brienne, who we know fight together in that same episode) Are they earlier? Nutter also directs chapters 1 and 2, but Jon is at the end of the seventh season heading North and it does not seem very feasible that he can travel so fast to KL.
• We could assume in any case that these negotiations fail, because KL will be attacked by fire (we think  dragon) also in the last season.
• And the shooting in Iceland? Again we can only theorize, but we think it could be a last attempt to destroy the Heart of Winter or something similar in the Lands of Eternal Winter, as the last hope to kill the NK, although this is the least fit of everything."

Cersei's also not queen when KL is attacked by dragonfire leaving it open to Daenerys, Jon or Euron.

We've got a report of Jon stabbing Daenerys through the heart and a picture of it happening beforehand.

Meera Reed and Edmure Tully won't be showing up. 

The intro will involve Wintertown.

On 3/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, Eyes High said:

Miscellaneous spoilers via /Freefolk:

1. Saintfield filming has wrapped up.

2. A lot of fog/smoke spotted coming out of the Magheramorne set.

3. Maisie and Sophie have left Belfast.

4. Hogwort7 posted a set photo of a trebuchet.

5. Filming will break soon for Easter.

6. GotLikeLocation spotted film crew near Shane's Castle (location used for Winterfell crypts).

7. Davy Orr posted video possibly showing Beric's flaming sword.

ETA: /Hogwort7 resurfaced at /Freefolk and posted 24 set pics. In addition to the trebuchet I mentioned, it's pretty much just a lot of dummy corpses: skeletons, what looks like wights, Ironborn, Northmen, Unsullied, and horses. There are also Mormont and Arryn shields. (Maybe the Ironborn are involved in the fight against the NK?)

The only reason I'm even skeptical of Hogwort's stuff is  because of that last part Melisandre having the power to turn the dead against the NK. 

That pretty much eliminates the NK as a threat apart from the dragon since there are hundreds of red priests with the same power that Melisandre has.

12 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

We've got a report of Jon stabbing Daenerys through the heart and a picture of it happening beforehand.

It was debunked (by Frikidoktor?) IIRC, as as a candid picture taken on set during S7. It was no report, just another troll.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

That's valid but Tyrion explicitly states that he's going to rape Cersei before he kills her. Not sure that GRRM would actually go through with that.

My issue with Cersei going out by Arya's hand is that it's the type of cartharsis that GRRM doesn't like to do. 

So when Tyrion killed Tywin, that was cathartic except that it completely destroyed Tyrion's internal self to do it and he became a kin-slayer.

Arya killing Cersei wouldn't matter to her. She'd be happy about it. 

I agree.  Just because Arya WANTS to kill Cersei, doesn't mean that she will.  She wanted to kill Joffrey, but she didn't get the chance to do it.  And she chose reuniting with Jon rather than kill Cersei.  I think that it would be a big character moment that Arya can kill Cersei and chooses not to. 

• Love 2

So do the pictures confirm Golden Company at the Winterfell battles?

ysk2KdW.jpg

Those look like the solid gold shields that the Golden Company are supposed to carry:

golden_company_pike4.jpg

Members of the Golden Company do not carry sigils or blazons, limiting their symbols to solid gold banners and shields; however, their most representative symbol is the lance carrying the gold-dipped skulls of their former commanders who followed Bittersteel, who decreed that upon his death his skull be boiled and dipped in gold to be put in the lance, and his successors followed suit in the tradition.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/ASongOfIceAndFireTheGoldenCompany

There's a whole lot of what looks like golden dust sprinkled all over those corpses. Maybe these guys had the spears with gold dipped skulls and all the gold paint came off!

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, anamika said:

So do the pictures confirm Golden Company at the Winterfell battles?

Those look like the solid gold shields that the Golden Company are supposed to carry:

They certainly look like it.

Now, on whose side are they, who sent them etc.? Anyone's guess.

Everything "we think" and "we theorize" from L7R seems quite influenced by previous false leaks. And I LOLed at "it does not seem very feasible that Jon travels so fast to KL". Not that they aren't completely right in absolute, or that it isn't absolutely logical, but the GoT Jetpack is trademarked at this point.

It seems that one leaker, who said he was an extra on the Karstark army for the WF battle, was legit. A user at Freefolk noticed that what he described was confirmed by the pictures. Off the top of my head, according to this leaker Tyrion and Bran had scenes and they seemed in good terms, Theon was pushing Bran's wheelchair (Aww. Sorry not sorry.) Tyrion manned one gate and Sam the other.

Edited by Happy Harpy
On 3/29/2018 at 5:41 PM, WindyNights said:

The only reason I'm even skeptical of Hogwort's stuff is  because of that last part Melisandre having the power to turn the dead against the NK. 

That pretty much eliminates the NK as a threat apart from the dragon since there are hundreds of red priests with the same power that Melisandre has.

Not speaking to the validity of the spoilers, but I don't see this as an issue.  The show would just ignore that there are other Red Priests.

• Love 2

I agree that that that's not an issue, since the show or the books never set a limit for her powers. She could be the most powerful red priestess in history if they want that. 

Does his costume look different? Maybe it's just the filter on the picture, but for some reason it looks all bright and shiny to me....

Leakers slowly emerging from the woodwork. Though it looks like there were some early leakers who look to be right now but were laughed off because no one believed them.

Edited by anamika
3 hours ago, Lemuria said:

May I ask if someone can translate the Frikkidoctor video?  No matter what I try, I can't seem to get English subtitles (I know: Techdinosaur).

Thanks.

You tried gear icon > subtitles > auto generate . English?

Not very good and a translator be better.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, GraceK said:

Riding a dragon we think?

It's been debunked as fake

On 3/30/2018 at 5:36 PM, nikma said:

I agree that that that's not an issue, since the show or the books never set a limit for her powers. She could be the most powerful red priestess in history if they want that. 

The books definitely take a firm stance that she's powerful but not the most powerful and that she's faking a lot of the time to appear grander than she is.

Per WOTW, the Roman amphitheater in Spain where they film the Dragonpit will be in use from May 3 to May 18.

So in about a month we'll get what will surely be some interesting cast sightings.

• Love 1