Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The In-Laws

• Start Topic

On 5/28/2017 at 8:27 PM, biakbiak said:

Did anyone else think it was weird that Ashley's sister was cooking (okay making guacamole) in their apartment? Ashley doesn't cook but Anthony does and it seemed like a weird thing to do the first time they were entertaining them in their new place. It made me think that she is even more controlling and involved in Ashley's life than we have seen.

Ashley's sister is a very excellent cook. Ashley cooked dinner that night since Anthony was late getting home. Sister isn't controlling, the Producers control all the Drama. 

14 minutes ago, Trisha neel said:

Ashley's sister is a very excellent cook. Ashley cooked dinner that night since Anthony was late getting home. Sister isn't controlling, the Producers control all the Drama. 

They told her to repeatedly suggest they move on next door, Anthony's face in the kitchen while she was doing it, and his comments about her interfering? I clearly don't know them but I always feel sad for these people who are so desperate to be on TV they put on am act of who they are to go along with producers telling them what to do. I guess because I don't want to believe most people are that desperate I take "producer manipulation/control" of everything they don't like. To paraphrase  Heather B. from like 25 years ago the producers and editors can only manipulate the footage you give them. 

(edited)

Especially if there aren't any obvious issues, then they'll definitely find something to create drama & edit it like crazy.

So I try to say 'well IF this is the case'... because who really knows.

These reality shows are the new badly acted/edited soap operas.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Especially if there aren't any obvious issues, then they'll definitely find something to create drama & edit it like crazy.

So I try to say 'well IF this is the case'... because who really knows.

These reality shows are the new badly acted/edited soap operas.

Agree. It has also become beyond obvious with this show they will do edit jobs when they can and if they have to have the "experts" go in to plant the seed of doubt in one or tell another to stick with it and keep trying to create drama/issues it will happen. I think most though are kind of easy to see through but not everyone will see it the same way though still. Which makes it so we than having discussions otherwise it ends up like some where we all end up feeling the same and there isn't much else to say. LOL 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They told her to repeatedly suggest they move on next door, Anthony's face in the kitchen while she was doing it, and his comments about her interfering? I clearly don't know them but I always feel sad for these people who are so desperate to be on TV they put on am act of who they are to go along with producers telling them what to do. I guess because I don't want to believe most people are that desperate I take "producer manipulation/control" of everything they don't like. To paraphrase  Heather B. from like 25 years ago the producers and editors can only manipulate the footage you give them. 

Google Frankenbites and then rewatch

• Love 2
On 5/26/2017 at 8:49 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Danielle needs to do something about her dogs. Even Dr Pepper gave their yapping a side eye. Hire a trainer or go to an obedience school and "train" Danielle how to handle them. That's nice that Cody seems willing to pitch in with them but I'm sure it's a turn off.

I thought just the opposite. If he decided to become the Alfa and show some authority and limits to the dogs, Danielle would feel more attracted to him.

Instead, he expresses his doubts about saying something about the dogs to the camera. Sigh.

On 5/26/2017 at 11:40 AM, gonecrackers said:

Ashley, the 'independent woman', won't take her husband's name, but allows her sister to interfere in her life.  Don't take his name if you don't want to, but don't call yourself an 'independent woman' with the sister stuff being an actual issue (not the contrived name business) - I almost laughed out loud on that one.

Agree. Also, how independent is someone who works for Mom and Dad?

(Nothing wrong with it, I would love to have a family business, but to raise the independent woman flag, umm no so much.)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Passthepopcorn said:

I thought just the opposite. If he decided to become the Alfa and show some authority and limits to the dogs, Danielle would feel more attracted to him.

Instead, he expresses his doubts about saying something about the dogs to the camera. Sigh.

Agree. Also, how independent is someone who works for Mom and Dad?

(Nothing wrong with it, I would love to have a family business, but to raise the independent woman flag, umm no so much.)

Ashley runs a very successful Bar/ restaurant/ nightclub. Her mom retired a year ago. So she isn't working for anybody but herself. She is a very strong independent woman. The bar/ restaurant/ nightclub is a very demanding occupation, and in the Chicago area very few are owned and operated by women. 

Thanks Madding crowd, looks very successful on the website.  

That would be about 18 miles from the loop.  Wonder where their apartment is for those 3:00 AM trips home.

53 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am sort of surprised she isn't hosting viewing parties.

Probably doesn't want the "crazy" ones to show up there and hound her questions if she is there. I am sure there are ones that have already tried. Yet doing "viewing parties" would really bring them in and unless one wants to deal with that mess of crazy forget it. LOL

• Love 1

Can you imagine all of Sheila & Nate's closest family & friends, watching every episode together, & taking in the latest status updates on Sheila's lack of orgasms?  That must be creating great memories for all.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Can you imagine all of Sheila & Nate's closest family & friends, watching every episode together, & taking in the latest status updates on Sheila's lack of orgasms? That must be creating great memories for all.

Ever since the casting special when she first brought it up, I've wondered if Sheila realizes that people can hear this.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Ever since the casting special when she first brought it up, I've wondered if Sheila realizes that people can hear this.

Right? Who would want to be the person going into work with this aired on tv for all to hear about? Or running into their family after they just watch it...YIKES!! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Right? Who would want to be the person going into work with this aired on tv for all to hear about? Or running into their family after they just watch it...YIKES!! 

Or talking to your pastor . . .

If they sing Just As I Am, surely the entire church will lose it during the chorus.

(edited)

In the Sunday church program:

Seeking members to pledge their special prayers to Sister Shelia to be brought up... up... up... to her matrimonial orgasm.

See Brother Nate at the refreshment social after Sunday service for further details.

Edited by humbleopinion
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, Evil Queen said:

I am side eyeing Nate still. I don't buy the act he has going. To many times there are these glances he has given during their "talks" that says we weren't shown everything that went on and from what we saw before they got married as well makes me question him still. I almost feel some of what he says/does is more for tv and because he knows how he may look depending on the edit....which would be why he said off camera he didn't want to be married to her anymore and not on camera, kwim? Shall see though we still have a bit to go now. 

Nate said he didn't want to be married to Sheila anymore, off-camera?  How did I miss this? I must have been dozing again. That's what I get for watching it just before bed.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:55 PM, Jack Sampson said:

Cody and Danielle – Cody looks like a pretty cool dude and, at first, seemed to be attracted to his mother…wait, Danielle is his wife?  Yikes.  Cody owns a gym and has worked as a trainer – I know several trainers and they’re used to very attractive young girls throwing themselves at them.  Cody’s never had to learn to live with a woman so he appears awkward.  It wouldn’t matter anyway because he’s just not attracted to her at this point.  Isn’t Cody the first guy in the show’s history to friendzone his wife?  And Danielle isn’t bringing anything to the table except complaints.  Even when they were doing things on the honeymoon, all she did was badger him about not being manly enough.  If a guy is on the fence about his attraction to a woman, that gibberish is not going to help.  Maybe the problem is that she’s just not feminine enough.  Watch Cody on the couch reading his texts - the dude is checked out.

Danielle claims to want a man to take charge but she seems like the first one to get angry when a man does.  Maybe she needs an older man with fewer options.

Anthony and Ashley – Anthony is a fun and likable dude but that chubby bastard hit the game show wife jackpot!  Can we please end the show now and let me believe that Ashley is amazing.  Hot, laughs easily, reasonably intelligent, likes sex, wants a family, can overlook her husband’s average (at best) looks – I could continue for a few pages.  Her only major flaw so far is her family.  If we end the show now I don’t have to see her problems bubble to the surface.

Also, either Anthony makes next to nothing or Ashley’s parents wildly overpay her.  The average bar manager in Chicago only makes around $35k. 

I'm binge watching this season so I apologize for the delayed response but I was shocked that Danielle was paired with Cody.  She looks much older than her years.  She looks like she's dabbled into fillers already.  I thought physically that Danielle matched more with Anthony than Cody.  I really think Cody has never been that attracted to Danielle but he's used to being steamrolled.  I mean the guy was still living with mom and dad in a small house on a farm.  I'm sure he doesn't make a shitload of money yet from his gym but his milquetoast personality makes me think being on this show was his form of rebelling against his parents.  

This may be mean but for a dietician, Danielle seems a bit thick.

• Love 1