Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: School Mom

Caroline's special efforts to teach a shy, older boy to read while she is substitute-teaching for an injured Miss Beadle are ruined when mean-spirited Mrs. Oleson humiliates him in front of the class and he vows never to return to school.

Not a bad episode but I recall the plot of the family matriarch being the sub teacher who wound up having to teach a 'backwards' student was done at virtually the very same time on "The Waltons". I wonder which series first composed their respective episodes?

These are seriously the highlight of my week. Between "I guess they didn't have IEP's back then" and "Ma stands there, like a boss!" I am honestly laughing out loud. I'm glad there are basically 8 million episodes of Little House _ I hope we get podcasts for all.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Selina K said:

I'm glad there are basically 8 million episodes of Little House _ I hope we get podcasts for all.

Yesterday I was folding laundry and suddenly thought about how great Kim's recap of the Sylvia episode(s) will be, and I got all giddy.

• Love 1

Seasons 3 through 7 are, for me at least, the golden years of this show.  With Mary going blind, the Garveys, Almanzo, Nellie and Percival, the fire at the blind school, Albert, and, of course, the Sylvia story.  I really can't wait for Kim to recap all the craziness to come!  (And there is A LOT of crazy!)

Dumb Abel's real-life father, Dan Blocker, played Michael Landon's brother on Bonanza. So Dumb Abel is practically Laura and Mary's cousin, if you blend real life with TV.

I thought he looked like a young Dan Blocker! Thanks for sharing!

I love listening to podcasts during the work day. I must say that the LHOP is my absolute favorite.

I do not have to re-watch, having seen each episode many times over the years. I can imagine every scene while listening,  and I thank you, Kim Reed!

I like that all the parents kept their kids at home when they learned that Harriet Olsen would be teaching school. It's a nice confirmation that everyone in town hates her and her bitchiness isn't just directed towards the Ingalls fam. 

Loved the bit about Nellie being the Fox News of the prairie. It makes sense!

• Love 1

I forgot how ancient Abel actually looked until I saw the podcast page pic (after I listened to it). Eek!

I hope it's not too OT to say how much I love this podcast, because this is seriously the best podcast. Some episodes come back to me scene by scene as I'm listening, others must not have been in the common rerun lists because I don't remember a thing about them. But it's soaked through SO MUCH of my head it feels amazing to relive with others. :)