Type keyword(s) to search

The Crossing In The Media

(edited)

New 2017-2018 ABC drama, which is being saved for mid-season.

Official Trailer:

Official Description (disneyabcpress.com):

THE CROSSING

Refugees from a war-torn country seek asylum in a small American fishing town, only the country these people are from is America... and the war they are fleeing hasn't happened yet. As the government tries to uncover the truth behind this mysterious migration only one thing is certain: The lives of the people here - both the townspeople and these newcomers - will never be the same. Writers Dan Dworkin & Jay Beattie executive produce with Jason Reed.

"The Crossing" stars Steve Zahn as Jude Miller, Natalie Martinez as Reece, Sandrine Holt as Emma Ren, Rick Gomez as Nestor, Jay Karnes as Craig Lindauer, Marcuis Harris as Caleb, Simone Kessel as Rebecca, Kelly Missal as Hannah, Rob Campbell as Paul, Grant Harvey as Roy, Bailey Skodje as Leah, Jon D'Leo as Will, Luc Roderique as Bryce and Tommy Bastow as Marshall.

The pilot is directed by Rob Bowman. The series is from ABC Studios.

Like and Follow THE CROSSING:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCrossingABC/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TheCrossingABC
Instagram: www.instagram.com/thecrossingabc/
Hashtag: #TheCrossing

Edited by Just Here
fixed a formatting issue
  • Love 1

I caught the words on my TV "The Crossing . . . from . . . brought you Lost . . . April 2 . . . "
It turned out it was only "from the network that brought you Lost" (ABC), not from the creators or directors or anything, so, clever marketing, I guess?
I mean, they're not going to advertise:
Hey, potential viewers, this looks a lot like The 4400, only from the future instead of the past, and not so many refugees, so let's hope this series doesn't fizzle out without answers like The 4400 did, but we're really not too sold on it because otherwise we would've aired it last fall.

There's some spoilerish, overly wordy verbiage here: http://abc.go.com/shows/abc-new-shows/news/shows/the-crossing-coming-soon-to-abc

I thought the trailer looked pretty good until the super powers part.
The link to the trailer above seems to have expired, so:

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Of COURSE they cancelled it. It's intriguing and 'different' and fun to watch, and it doesn't involve dancing C- and D-listers, famewhores, boring doctors, or unfunny families.

• Love 8

…but it did suffer from cast bloat, IMO. 

And I thought making the Apex total superheroes was a kiss of death to an already complex premise. Just giving the Apex super-immune systems would have been better, again, IMO. 

Also, I thought the male actors were a lot stronger than the female actors. A strong female actor with significant dialogue would have balanced scenes with Steve Zahn and the few others who gave strong performances.
</arm-chair-quarterbacking>

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Just giving the Apex super-immune systems would have been better

Oh, I agree. The show wasn't perfect, but I liked it more than most of the stuff that's on now. I'm disappointed, with both this and Quantico axed.

• Love 1

I'm not totally surprised.  I thought the pacing was a little slow, but I actually liked seeing things develop over a few episodes rather than the current practice of shoving as much as you can into the pilot. 

• Love 4