Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Anticipation and Wishlist

• Start Topic

Now that we know Season 2 is coming, what would you like to see them cover? 

Personally, I'd love for them to get more big names that have left the church.  I'm finishing Jenna Miscaviage-Hill's book, and she (or her brother or parents) would be fascinating to see featured. Nazanin Boniadi (Scientologist who was in an arranged relationship with Tom Cruise) would be great as well!

i would like to see the lives of the children raised in scientology, any other celebrities who left Scientology, the people who sell the books, leahs family and the story about Lisa mcpherson who died because of scientoligists holding in a hotel room.

(edited)

No more sob stories. I want to hear strength from those who left and motivation to take them down. We know the horrors now let's hear the action plans. Name names of all who oppress, including Tom Cruise.  Tom is next to Miscavach and part of the problem.  Expose those top two with everything you know. 

Edited by wings707

I'd like to hear some from the people that have split from the CO$ but still practice the religion. Their stories about harassment have got to be crazy if the apostate stories are anything to go on.

3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'd like to hear some from the people that have split from the CO$ but still practice the religion. Their stories about harassment have got to be crazy if the apostate stories are anything to go on.

I think most do.  It isn't a religion but a philosophy very much in line with many spiritual beliefs (mine included).  Law of attraction, thoughts become things so keep your mind on positive outcomes etc.  

Nick mentioned Napoleon Hill's book, Think and Grow Rich.  This book is not only about money, far from it.  He talks about the power of positive thought and visualization. 

I would love to see Jenna Miscavige Hill. Nazanin Boniadi would be amazing but she doesn't seem to talk publicly to the press so I doubt it.  It would be great to get Nick Lister, who has done some great videos on youtube with Aaron Smith-Levin.  

The Danny Masterson stuff would probably be a bit touchy as they are still investigating, but it would be great to see.  And hey Jason Lee just left the church maybe he's got something to say. (I doubt it) 

1 hour ago, WInterfalls said:

Nazanin Boniadi

She has a career she is trying to build and no doubt signed a gag order. 

Jenna Miscavige Hill

She is a possibility but what is she going to say other than repeating the horrors she endured?   Done with that.  Maybe she has strength now to come forward and fight.  That would be good. 

Jason Lee

Didn't know about him.  Maybe? 

I would love to hear more from Nick Lister, for sure!  He is strong and has a good attitude. 

11 hours ago, wings707 said:

She is a possibility but what is she going to say other than repeating the horrors she endured?   Done with that.  Maybe she has strength now to come forward and fight.  That would be good. 

Is her story well-publicized if you haven't gone down the Scientology rabbit-hole and read her book?  (I ask this without snark.)  Like would a casual viewer of the show already have heard what she has to say?  If yes, then I agree with you. If no, then I think it would be good for the series as a whole to get her on.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, deaja said:

Is her story well-publicized if you haven't gone down the Scientology rabbit-hole and read her book?  (I ask this without snark.)  Like would a casual viewer of the show already have heard what she has to say?  If yes, then I agree with you. If no, then I think it would be good for the series as a whole to get her on.

Good point!  As a frequent  rabbit hole traveler I forget some are learning about this for the first time on Leah's show.  LOL.   It is important her story be known.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)

I have confidence that pretty much anything Leah chooses to share in season 2 will be worth watching. That being said, it seems like we've heard from most of the usual suspects, so to speak - the people that are called upon anytime CO$ is brought under scrutiny (though an on-camera interview with Jenna Miscavige Hill would be dynamite). I'd be interested in hearing from people that haven't previously spoken out so publicly or prolifically, and also the regular parishioners who were lower down the food chain, so to speak. You know, the ones that probably had to mortgage their houses several times over to afford auditing.

The suggestion of Nick Lister is a good one, and I would add Serge Gil's name to the list. He appeared briefly in the 20/20 special that aired in January, but I'd love to hear a conversation between him, Leah and Mike. Here's an article from Tony Ortega that delves into Serge's past as an auditor. As with anything involving CO$, trigger warnings apply.

As far as getting away from tears and sob stories, I personally don't think they can or necessarily should. Balance is key, of course, but tears and heartbreak go hand in hand with this organization that ruins lives and breaks families. As long as the show doesn't veer into sensationalism, which I trust Leah wouldn't do, I'm open to hearing whatever people have to share, from tears to anger and everything else. I would imagine speaking out on a platform like Leah's show could possibly be a catharsis of sorts, and I can only hope provides some degree of healing to these people, no matter how small. And Leah has enough fight for everyone. It's one of the reasons I love her for doing this.

OK, enough rambling from me. MMV, of course.

DVR alert! According to Tony, A&E is airing a 2 hour special of Leah on May 29th. Looks like it's a recap show of sorts, but you bet I'll be tuning in!

We’ve got some confirmation on some of the people who will show up in the 2-hour special on May 29. Are you ready? How’s this great lineup: Australian television journalist Bryan Seymour, California attorney Ford Greene, University of Alberta Professor Stephen Kent, Rolling Stone journalist and Inside Scientologyauthor Janet Reitman, our old pal and journalist Mark Ebner, and one of the stars of our book about Paulette Cooper, former Guardian’s Office volunteer Len Zinberg. 

Edited by Maelstrom
On 5/15/2017 at 11:31 AM, Atlanta said:

I'd like to see more about the disappearance of Shelly Miscavige and the weirdness of Cruise.

We know that Shelly was taken to their secret location (forget name) and was spotted (there is a pic) in town with a handler some years ago.  She was very thin.  She has been brain washed, of course, and may even be dead by now.  I would love to hear the details too but I bet we will never know.

More exposure of Cruise for sure.  He is the number 2 guy and needs to be exposed.  Leah has been avoiding talking about him.  He has power in COS so go after him. 

On 5/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, wings707 said:

We know that Shelly was taken to their secret location (forget name) and was spotted (there is a pic) in town with a handler some years ago.  She was very thin.  She has been brain washed, of course, and may even be dead by now.  I would love to hear the details too but I bet we will never know

Tony Ortega had an article that she was spotted with her handlers several months back.  Still very thin and suspected to be drugged up but still alive at least. 

On 5/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, wings707 said:

We know that Shelly was taken to their secret location (forget name) and was spotted (there is a pic) in town with a handler some years ago.  She was very thin.  She has been brain washed, of course, and may even be dead by now.  I would love to hear the details too but I bet we will never know

Here I found the article. 

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/15/claim-frail-looking-shelly-miscavige-spotted-near-scientology-compound-in-california

Did they talk to Chris Shelton at all? I know he didn't have a whole episode, but I can't recall if he was on one of the AMA episodes.  If not he might have some great stuff.  He's mentioned on a few podcasts that there have been some people contacting him to help those who have escaped the Sea Org or left the church and don't have anywhere to go.  

Did anyone else watch the preview last night?  I was trying to figure out if it was for Season 2 or a one-off special, but my DVR caught it.  Leah and Mike were interviewing a journalist who had gone to do a feature on Scientology.  She claimed to be leaving but Rinder and his goons were watching, and knew she actually stuck around to try to dig up more dirt. 

ETA, I just found out that it is a two hour special that airs May 29th, so it is not part of Season 2.  It is called Merchants of Fear.

Deaja, how long was the preview? My DVR didn't catch it because it exists to torment me, but I watched a 30 clip on A&E's website. Was there more that aired?

Seriously looking forward to seeing more from Leah and Mike. Seems like the first season covered CO$ 101 pretty well, but season two maybe will delve into the stuff that no one's talked about openly. The Cherch screwed up big time when they alienated Mike and Leah, the person with all the dirty secrets and the person with a big mouth and no fear.

(edited)

I can't wait for the Memorial Day special, but it also makes me think maybe it was put together as a viewer sop because season two has been pushed back. The initial tease for it was "summer" but that starts in a few days. The new season is being filmed now and I'm afraid the stories can't be edited and the entire arc of the season plotted out so quickly. I'm starting to think it won't be released until the Fall, which I get, but major bummer. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Lord Donia

I really, really, really want to hear from one IRS agent who was the target of Scientology's campaign.  Blow the lid off THAT nutfuckery, puleese!

Then, maybe CPS, or any government agency that allows children to remain abused and uneducated ...

And since I'm wishing for the impossible/improbable - the incriminating evidence Scientology has on Cruise & Travolta.

But most of all, I want to see David Miscarriage eat dirt.

(Hey, the thread did say "Anticipation and WISHLIST"!  ;-)

Where is the thread for the Memorial Day Monday 2 hour special?  It was all new material and excellent.  Surprised I can't find a thread for it here.

So I have listened to a few podcasts recently with Nora Crest and I would really love to have her on the show.  Her experiences in the Sea Org and the RPF as a Lesbian are really interesting and harrowing.  Also she comes across as very likable and witty.  

Jason Beghe could be interesting. He's pretty blunt and a little abrasive in his delivery but I've always thought he was pretty hot in a blunt and abrasive way. lol.   Initially he came out with guns blazing against Scientology but I haven't heard him say much about it since then.

On 7/11/2017 at 5:20 PM, WInterfalls said:

Has a start date been announced yet? I mean beyond Summer which is halfway over. 

In case you didn't see it in the other thread, August 15th!

I'm so excited for tonight. Of course, since I really want to watch tonight, something will find a way to keep me from it. :)