Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Why is it that the good looking people are Mean Girls. Can ugly people be Mean Girls, too? Just curious. Anyway, Cody & Jessica are up each other's butt in HOH all the time & their game is unraveling. I so wanted Josh to be the nice guy. Alas he's not.

6 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

Josh just spoke to the cameras and said he loves Christmas and is keeping her, so if Mark doesn't flip Christmas is guaranteed to stay (barring bad MRI results).

What results would keep her out of the BB house versus staying? If it's truly broken (which I thought it wasn't) would she have to leave?

(edited)

Doc said she may have a fracture that an MRI would show.  They will either tape it or give her a walking cast on Wednesday when they find out what is going on.  She is not going to need surgery as some are saying.  She will be okay; torn ligaments are very painful.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)

Jillian is in the pool float all by herself.  She has made zero effort to socialize thus she is out this week.  Wonder why she came on this show. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

Josh just spoke to the cameras and said he loves Christmas and is keeping her, so if Mark doesn't flip Christmas is guaranteed to stay (barring bad MRI results).

This is exactly the problem. I know they all have to scramble about the vote anyway but there's what, a 50/50 shot that she might still be medically removed? I know we've had injured people in there longer but it really does depend on the severity of the injury, which they aren't sure of yet.

18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Doc said she may have a fracture that an MRI would show.  They will either tape it or give her a walking cast on Wednesday when they find out what is going on.  She is not going to need surgery as some are saying.  She will be okay; torn ligaments are very painful.  

It depends. No matter what grade of injury, RICE treatment is the best but if it's a grade 3 injury, then it's absolutely no weight bearing and probably surgery to repair it. If it's grade 2 or 3, then she might (or definitely) need physio to recover. Do you see Big Brother shutting down the backyard three days a week so they can bring in a physio? Or haul her into the DR for sessions? I wouldn't be so quick to say that she'll be okay but I also wouldn't be quick to say that she won't be. Bodies are weird, y'all. 

My source? Four years of physio and the reigning Queen of "You sprained your ankle getting out of bed? And didn't trip? How?" 

ETA: Sorry, four years of physio on a shoulder, one year of physio on a grade 2 ankle/foot ligament injury (but I have the added complication of hypermobility).

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

This is exactly the problem. I know they all have to scramble about the vote anyway but there's what, a 50/50 shot that she might still be medically removed? I know we've had injured people in there longer but it really does depend on the severity of the injury, which they aren't sure of yet.

It depends. No matter what grade of injury, RICE treatment is the best but if it's a grade 3 injury, then it's absoI lutely no weight bearing and probably surgery to repair it. If it's grade 2 or 3, then she might (or definitely) need physio to recover. Do you see Big Brother shutting down the backyard three days a week so they can bring in a physio? Or haul her into the DR for sessions? I wouldn't be so quick to say that she'll be okay but I also wouldn't be quick to say that she won't be. Bodies are weird, y'all. 

My source? Four years of physio and the reigning Queen of "You sprained your ankle getting out of bed? And didn't trip? How?"

I stand corrected.  I was going by my own experience (foot) and she could be in worse shape.  If Cody was correct in his observation about how her foot looked it is possible but, I do think the doctor would have known it was a fracture if she had bone pushing the skin out on the sole of her foot.  So THAT was probably not a bone.  Torn ligaments contort your foot until it can be manipulated and taped.  A hairline fracture is possible.  I broke my shoulder (ball joint) and it didn't show up on the xray but visible on the MRI.  

ETA.  There is a hard roof under that grass so she did get a solid slam with no earth to absorb the hit. 

Dom is at her feature alter!  She has arisen!  Make up time.  I saw her fist, I win!  I know I am the only one playing but still.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I stand corrected.  I was going by my own experience and she could be in worse shape.  If Cody was correct in his observation about how her foot looked it is possible but, I do think the doctor would have known it was a fracture if she had bone pushing the skin out on the sole of her foot.  So THAT was probably not a bone.  Torn ligaments contort your foot until it can be manipulated and taped.  A hairline fracture is possible.  I broke my shoulder (ball joint) and it didn't show up on the xray but visible on the MRI.  

Foot and ankle injuries are always interesting. I've seen people bend things in ways they shouldn't be bent and after an hour of propping it up and icing it, they're good to go. And then I've seen people take a single step, barely roll their ankle, and they're flat on their back with a foot injury until physio/surgery. They can look really bad and be nothing or look like nothing and be really bad. There's no doubt something is wrong with her foot but until the MRI results come in, she's kind of just in limbo. Still worth it to get the votes but I just have this sinking feeling that Cody will win anyway because she'll have to leave on the live show for medical reasons and the eviction will be canceled. On the plus side, Jillian might go back on the block and we'll see if she still has some curse mojo in her. 

My arm break was obvious but showed up on both x-ray and MRI. How could it not? I sheared off the top of my humerus, wrenched it out of the socket, and had it impacted behind the rest of the humerus. Shoulder injury survivor fist bump! (Y'know, if we can move them that much.)

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Shoulder injury survivor fist bump!

HA HA HA!   I have sprained my ankle at least 50 times.  I do this walking on uneven ground.  When I would go hiking I always carried ace bandage, tape and ice pack.  I refused to be denied national parks.  I even climbed Lady Mountain in the Grand Tetons and did not sprain it.  Ta Da!  My husband bought me a bracelet (when we went into town after the climb) to commemorate that accomplishment. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)

Some tid bits of dialog from Twitter.

Christmas has to tell Josh to flush the toilet (not just pee). Make extra food, not just for himself...

Christmas to Josh - even if you are annoying or I get frustrated I care about you. You are making progress.

Paul tells Alex that most people want him to have HOH next week. Alex: "Ok".

Kevin with some fatherly advice tells Josh he could stop complaining about being in the house, many others dying to be in here

Christmas thanking Mark for talking to her yesterday. He thanks her too. They agree to be there for each other moving forward

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Jessica, earlier this morning: "I'm going to completely ignore Elena, that bitch." (paraphrasing, obviously)

Jessica, now: "I'm going to happily chit chat with Elena since we're in the bathroom together. Ignore who?" 

Ooh, if these two get drunk at the 4th of July party, I hope they don't fight until the feeds are back on.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Christmas reminds me a lot of Vanessa ...

Wow, yes. Maybe this is why I just can't bring myself to like her. I hope she at least brings the drama that Vanessa did!

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

I hope Paul wins but something tells me he won't go for it.  He may want to ride out his 3 weeks being a friend to all and let another make waves, ending his 3 weeks of safety without as big a target on his back.

Initially I thought Paul would probably throw it, but now I think he'll go hard for it so he can execute his 'amazing, genius' plan, which is likely just getting Cody out, which is nothing but he will make out to be the biggest move ever.

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Hey, I'm a Rachel fan. I usually feel like I have to duck when I say that, just in case there's some raw-en (tm Nicole) tomatoes flying my way. 

I loved Rachel in BB12, which was hard because I am pretty sure me and you were probably the only ones! I liked her more than Brendan/Jeff/Jordan in BB13, but her association with them made me not actually like her and I certainly wasn't rooting for her to win.

I turn on the feeds to see Jessica and Cody sitting on opposite sides of the kitchen island holding hands across the island. And then they shared mac & cheese off the same plate. I can't.

Then the feeds switched to Paul (because of course) and he was berating Kevin about something. How do these people let Paul talk to them this way? I mean listen I give it to them, they're all better players than I'd be because I would've lost my mind on Paul's arrogant, condescending ass.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Now Jessica/Cody/Dom are talking about how to make money off of youtube/instagram. I try not to be too judgey about that kind of thing because you know what, get that money, but damn it is painfully irritating to listen to them talk about it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Now Jessica/Cody/Dom are talking about how to make money off of youtube/instagram. I try not to be too judgey about that kind of thing because you know what, get that money, but damn it is painfully irritating to listen to them talk about it.

I miss the good ol' days of people here to play Big Brother, not further their brand and their social media empire.

• Love 9
Just now, Callaphera said:

I miss the good ol' days of people here to play Big Brother, not further their brand and their social media empire.

Me too! Or at least the days when people weren't so obvious about the fact that they were self-promoting.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved Rachel in BB12, which was hard because I am pretty sure me and you were probably the only ones

Nope.  I loved her, too.  

24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Initially I thought Paul would probably throw it, but now I think he'll go hard for it so he can execute his 'amazing, genius' plan, which is likely just getting Cody out, which is nothing but he will make out to be the biggest move ever.

Hearing him talk today, he will go for it and others will throw it to him if they can.  Most of them want Cody gone and they think he will do that.  He claims he won't to some because that is too obvious, he has another plan.  ***eye roll***

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dom said they were celebrities now.  She went on with how to deal with that.   ugh 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Dom said they were celebrities now.  She went on with how to deal with that.   ugh 

It never ceases to amaze me that so many of these players every season think they're going to be famous. It's so embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Hearing him talk today, he will go for it and others will throw it to him if they can.  Most of them want Cody gone and they think he will do that.  He claims he won't to some because that is too obvious, he has another plan.  ***eye roll***

His super amazing genius plan is probably to get Jessica out. LMAO.

ETA: If the camera operators insist on having Paul on cam at all times then I'm gonna insist they at least make him put on fucking pants.

• Love 3

It never ceases to amaze me that so many of these players every season think they're going to be famous. It's so embarrassing.

I can see the sign at Bubba Joe's BBQ and Square Dance Emporium now:

Tuesday: Karaoke! 99 cent wings!
Wednesday: Dominique from Big Brother 19! 2 for 1 appies!
Thursday: Ladies Night! $2 shots!

Yup, real famous.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Life changes. If you look at the early years, people regretted that there was any social media at all. Roll with the punches, Callaphera! I don't mean to be condescending but I see this complaint every year. We're not going back!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Fatkat said:

Life changes. If you look at the early years, people regretted that there was any social media at all. Roll with the punches, Callaphera! I don't mean to be condescending but I see this complaint every year. We're not going back!

Hey, you kids! Off my lawn! Don't make me go get the hose!

I mean, I get it and I don't disagree. Personally, I'm a low key social media user (I have a Facebook account and that's it) and I have no issues with those who use social media and make money off of it. I'm slightly baffled (bamboozled?) at how it happens but I do get it. That doesn't mean I have to like listening to it. I invest my time every summer to watch these people play a game. I don't follow them after the game is over, I don't care what they do with themselves after the game - unless they show up on TMZ for selling drugs, Adam from BB9 - but listening to them go on and on about how to make money on Instagram or what bots to use to promote their posts or the difference between knowing a photographer or using one provided for you is boring (to me). 

I know social media isn't going away. I can still side eye the people who spend more time taking pictures of their dinner than actually eating it, though. Also, hearing "social media" just brings to mind how often Frankie talked about being a "social media mogul". *shudder*

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean I'm sure that they do get a rise in their Instagram money and they probably do get some gigs at local clubs and stuff, but they think this makes them legit famous and it's, well, sad really lol.

No doubt. The best is when they start talking about going to movie premieres and red carpet events and... you do realize what show you're on, right? You're cheap summer programming on a major network that would probably get higher ratings if they reran old NCIS:LA episodes. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean I'm sure that they do get a rise in their Instagram money and they probably do get some gigs at local clubs and stuff, but they think this makes them legit famous and it's, well, sad really lol.

Andy Warhol.   "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes".

Of course, few things are really new:  "An older version of the same concept in English is the expression "nine days' wonder", which dates at least as far back as the Elizabethan era."

Is there any real money to be made from YouTube/Instagram fandom?  AdBlocker is my friend  :)

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Is there any real money to be made from YouTube/Instagram fandom? 

I was listening to a person on the radio the other day who made a living off Instagram.  The funny thing is, most of the stuff she put on Instagram was social media pictures from other people--not much original stuff.  Still, she had tons of followers.  I forgot how much she said she made in a month, but I was stunned.  It all has to do with how many followers you have and how many clicks you get.

I remember reading somewhere that a millions hits on Youtube earns you about $10,000.  I don't know how accurate that is, but that's what I read.

18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They do,  Jade from the bach was reported to have earned a million on instagram.  I don't necessarily believe that figure but there is money to be made if you have fans.  Big if.     

Just now, Callaphera said:

19 seasons of Big Brother and they still haven't found a quieter pool filter or better microphone. 

I know.  I was trying to listen to Dom and Mark.  I picked up one thing.  She laughed, Mark said what?  She said, "nothing what you said was...."

Didn't hear the end but again she was condescending.  Like you are so cute when you misunderstand.  

9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

19 seasons of Big Brother and they still haven't found a quieter pool filter or better microphone. 

That pool must be disgusting. They couldn't find a filter quiet enough to clean that sucker. LOL!!! Enter at your own risk. Yuck!

• Love 1

Dom is flirting with Mark, big time.  She finds it hard to have to wear clothes in the house and she finds it hard to be around so many handsome men.  She has a beautiful smile and she was using it!  LOL   He is not responding in kind.  She is in his friend zone.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They do,  Jade from the bach was reported to have earned a million on instagram.  I don't necessarily believe that figure but there is money to be made if you have fans.  Big if.     

I imagine Bachelor people make way more than BB people do, but still I do think you could make some decent cash after BB if you put in the work.

Christmas is talking about her family now and I find her so much easier to take than I ever have. Her game talk is too intense and condescending for me and when she talks talking about herself/her job I find her irritatingly arrogant.

I really hope the vote is up in the air all the way until Thursday and I hope that the vote doesn't just end up unanimous. That'd be fun! 

• Love 2

Drake is going to be play their party tonight.  Josh asks if he is going to bring any friends.  ???  Kevin says Drake should be enough.   Josh says it should be Drake and Kanye.   LOL!

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Christmas is talking about her family now and I find her so much easier to take than I ever have. Her game talk is too intense and condescending for me and when she talks talking about herself/her job I find her irritatingly arrogant.

Our feeds are not in sync at all.  I haven't seen her in awhile. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Our feeds are not in sync at all.  I haven't seen her in awhile. 

She was just in the living room with Ramses/Jillian talking about her grandpa.

(edited)

Jessica is talking with Jason now. She is telling him that not including her vote she believes the vote will go 6 for Christmas to stay and 5 for Jillian to stay. She wants assurance from him and Alex that they won't put her up if she votes to evict Christmas. I did not expect Jessica to be the first one to realize that Christmas is going to stay and jump ship lol.

Do these people know Jason is married? Because he was just talking about a showmance and said he digs the hell outta Alex. ETA: Which was probably not a good thing to say to Jessica if you're trying to get in good with her lol.

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I dunno. Drake seems a little... big? for Big Brother.

Really though. There's no way he's playing at their party. Maybe he's playing on the CBS lot and they'll be able to hear him though.

• Love 1

So, I just had my feeds on mute in another window, and I finally decided to go back to it. The first image I see? The camera is just panning to Cody in the pool, but he looks exactly like that Michael Phelps meme with the pouty/angry face. I laughed out loud really hard.

Jillian, meanwhile, is still not campaigning to the people she should be campaigning to. Girl, Jason and Jessica are already keeping you. You need Josh, love. They all really think that they have an 8-4 vote in Jillian's favour. 

ETA: Also, I can't believe I used the word "love" as anything other than a verb. That really goes to show how I feel about Jillian and her dimwittedness.

• Love 2
(edited)

I need Jessica/Cody/Alex/Jason/Ramses to continue to believe this is going to be a tie vote all the way until the vote. I love seeing people blindsided! But I imagine Kevin and/or Josh will eventually let them know that they're voting out Jillian.

ETA: Ooooh, Jessica wants to talk to Alex. That I gotta see! 

10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I dunno. Drake seems a little... big? for Big Brother.

Very much so, but they seemed to think so.  I doubt they would be told.  Part of having a celeb come to perform they want the surprised faces and usually the name of the singer is on a banner so they know who it is!  Who would have recognized Ziggy Marley last season?  Not all of them. 

I need Jessica/Cody/Alex/Jason/Ramses to continue to believe this is going to be a tie vote all the way until the vote. I love seeing people blindsided! But I imagine Kevin and/or Josh will eventually let them know that they're voting out Jillian.

ETA: Ooooh, Jessica wants to talk to Alex. That I gotta see! 

I think it will be a blindside.  No one wants to deal with a reaction until they have to. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I think it will be a blindside.  No one wants to deal with a reaction until they have to. 

I feel like Kevin will tell Jason before the vote, but maybe I'm overestimating their bond.

ETA: 

Well then. I try with you, Jason, I really do, because you are a riot, but this, along with calling Dom Da'Vonne and your weird hate for her in general, makes it hard.

• Love 2
(edited)

But I imagine Kevin and/or Josh will eventually let them know that they're voting out Jillian.

Josh won't, Paul and Christmas told him to keep it secret and lie about his vote.  I think Kevin really is voting to evict Christmas, he just plans on lying to Paul.

The funny thing is if the vote does end up 7 to 5, Alex/Jason are going to think it was Jessica that lied to them and voted out Jillian.  They're going to think that alliance is still intact.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

I think Kevin really is voting to evict Christmas, he just plans on lying to Paul.

Oh OK. I'm not sure I agree. Kevin just seems so much closer to Christmas than Jillian to me. And I can't imagine he doesn't realize that Christmas is going to stay. But maybe he really is as blind to what's going on as he appears.

ETA: The fact that Paul is so aggressively campaigning for Christmas to stay would be reason enough for me to vote her out.

• Love 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Oh OK. I'm not sure I agree. Kevin just seems so much closer to Christmas than Jillian to me. And I can't imagine he doesn't realize that Christmas is going to stay. But maybe he really is as blind to what's going on as he appears.

He is closer to Christmas than Jillian, but he is closer to Alex than Christmas.  And he overheard Christmas talking about an eight person alliance that he knows he isn't a part of, and ever since then he seems fired up about voting her out when he talks to Alex.  

It's possible I'm wrong though, I can't get a good read on him.  

• Love 1

Elena's campaigning to Ramses right now. This is the first time I've heard Ramses talk gameplay. I'm gonna listen for a bit.

GODDAMIT ELENA! She just told Ramses the seven people voting to keep Christmas, including Mark. She included Kevin, though, and not Josh. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Elena's campaigning to Ramses right now. This is the first time I've heard Ramses talk gameplay. I'm gonna listen for a bit.

GODDAMIT ELENA! She just told Ramses the seven people voting to keep Christmas, including Mark. She included Kevin, though, and not Josh. 

I am listening to this.  What a jerk. 

I think Paul is going to put Jason up and tell him he is a pawn for his plan.  I think he wants him out so if his plan goes south to get either Cody or Jessica out it is fine.   Jason is stupid and can screw up his plans, anyone's plan!  Jesus.  Jessica and Jason, perhaps.  

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I think Paul is going to put Jason up and tell him he is a pawn for his plan.  I think he wants him out so if his plan goes south to get either Cody or Jessica out it is fine.   Jason is stupid and can screw up his plans, anyone's plan!  Jesus. 

Paul has spent so much time campaigning to Jason for Christmas, which has really been more like him lecturing Jason on how much better Paul is at the game than him, so I think it's had the complete opposite effect on Jason and it's probably a good idea for Paul's game to go after Jason at this point.

• Love 3

I don't know why I've spent almost ten minutes, watching this Paul/Jason shitfest of a conversation. I'm getting a headache from it.

*switches feeds to Jessica/Cody*

Oh, that's why. 

No good feeds to turn to.

Jessica bitching about yet another female. Raven's getting the stink eye this time, because Raven gave her stink eye earlier and now Jessica's pissed. 

• Love 3