Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: The Song in Your Heart

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Mari said:

So Snow and Charming had already met Hook?  But somehow Snow doesn't recognize "Blacksmith Hook" a few (sort of ) years later?

Don't think of the plot holes sweetie, but beware or you might fall in.

• Love 2

so is it Emma's singing that is supposed to win the battle?  There has to be something about it since they keep pointing out her singing as a kid and playing the tape

Yay!  Henry didn't have to sing, I bet he takes after Regina in that regard.

Also the pirate number is awesome, clearly they had performed it before.  Probably on the deck of the Jolly.

Does anyone know if Colin has a choir background? I know he's doing rock stuff now, and there were a few rock touches in his song, but his technique sounds like a choral singer. And he has excellent high notes.

But as catchy as the song is, it's basically just repeating his core character trait from that time period. I wish the songs went a bit deeper and said something these characters might not have said if they weren't singing.

• Love 1
Just now, Shanna Marie said:

I wish the songs went a bit deeper and said something these characters might not have said if they weren't singing.

If they did, it would be a retcon.  TSTW

Okay.  The Rumple/Regina scene was excellent.

Then, we got to hear some more about how Zelena's upset about being rejected.  Aren't we supposed to be prepping for a wedding?

• Love 1
Just now, scenicbyway said:

Seriously, why can't Emma just have a spa day?

This season already had a spa day.  Ungrateful peasant.  Take your Regina/Zelena spa day and be grateful.

:)

• Love 4
Just now, scenicbyway said:

Apparently the Black Fairy can cure dreamshade?  Why does Rumple think his family will stay together?  They will be cursed too!  Ugh...

Probably they made a deal where Rumple and BF and Belle and Gideon will be immune from the curse

Zelena's song mostly seems to exist because Bex is too good a singer to waste in a musical episode. It really has no point.

I think most of these songs would be perfect if this were a self-contained musical. They're the perfect songs to introduce characters. The problem is that this is season six. So, if we met the Charmings singing about hope and happy endings, and then they introduced Hook as a character with the Revenge song and Regina with her hatred of Snow and Zelena singing about being wicked, it would have made for a great act one of a musical.

And I still need a reason why the Black Fairy gives a damn about defeating Emma. There's got to be more than just Because Prophecy.

How did she get to the sherif's station?  

Why is Emma suddenly no longer smart and ready to give up?

Ha- Regina's face when they started singing - that was actually funny.

There's a decided lack of Emma and Hook for an episode that's supposed to be an Emma/Hook wedding episode.

But, hey, we got to hear Regina sing again.  So, there's that. 

• Love 2
Just now, gik910 said:

How did she get to the sherif's station?  

Why is Emma suddenly no longer smart and ready to give up?

Ha- Regina's face when they started singing - that was actually funny.

Emma's giving up because she obviously needs a nap!  She looks exhausted!

• Love 2
(edited)

If Charmz hadn't hesitated, Regina would have been dead. I thought he was smarter than that.

Nice last minute deus ex machina from Blue.

Edited by Jul 68
reasons
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've always had a soft spot for Josh, but now he's the Disney Prince Charming in my mind. The parent company needs to use his skills more.

Edited by ABitOFluff
Stupid slow connection. Josh Dallas for official Disney Prince!
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mari said:

There's a decided lack of Emma and Hook for an episode that's supposed to be an Emma/Hook wedding episode.

Right?

• Love 3