Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: High Water and a Devil's Daughter

When it's discovered that The Hollow's latest servant is on the loose, Freya places a protection spell on the compound, forcing Klaus, Hayley and Hope to remain inside. Meanwhile, Elijah takes matters into his own hands when Vincent is reluctant to perform a dangerous ritual needed to strengthen their defense against The Hollow. Finally, while Freya enacts a risky plan that brings her face to face with their latest threat, an unexpected twist leaves her life hanging in the balance.

Promo:

Wish we got more of Charles Michael Davis as Josh as Marcel. I did enjoy Klaus' two children bonding. The actress who plays little Hope is adorable. But yet another "truce" that'll be broken by the end of the next episode?

Loved Klaus going all hybrid on smug Dominic, dude needed to be put down. Meanwhile isn't this the second time this season that Elijah's been willing to sacrifice a bunch of kids?

And that was definitely a crescent birthmark on the hollow when it possessed Sofya right? She kind of sounded like an older Hope, but I'm pretty sure the birthmarks were on different shoulders.

I'm already tired of this "Elijah is the new Klaus" storyline/complete change in character. Part of me is glad that Klaus finally knows what it's like for the shoe to be on the other foot, but mostly I'm just rolling my eyes.

Love that Hope set Marcel free, but we'll see how long this truce between him and Marcel lasts. You know these two can only go so long before sniping at each other.

Loved Josh as Marcel - too bad we only got a few seconds of that.

I still don't care about Sofya, with Papa Tunde's mystical knife of torment (Cami: "Glad that's still around!") stuck in her or with the hollow in her. When Dominic stabbed her, I thought oh good, at least that means she'll be out of commission for a little while so I won't have to deal with her, but nope!

Poor Josh. He always gets fucked by the Mikaelsons. Move that refrigerator! Be faux Marcel/bait! Sheesh. No wonder he doesn't like them.

Now that Davina is holding all that witchy power, will we get to see her again? For Josh's sake, I hope so, because he misses her and he could use a friend in between being forced to help the Mikaelsons.

Maybe I'm bugging but the voice of the hollow sounded like davina to me and I thought she said somn to the effect of pulling me back into darkness... So knowing she shows up to help next week has me weary... She Stoll hates Klaus... And you never know how crazy she could have gotten on the other side.. Maybe shes pissed at Marcel yet again.. 

• Love 1

Does the Tyler and Mystic Falls reference mean Elijah, Vincent, Marcel, Klaus and Company are going to pay a visit to Mystic Falls, or try to resurrect Tyler?

I liked Josh in Marcel's body, and I agree it should have lasted longer.

It always amuses me that they have characters with so much power (Elijah, Marcel, Vincent, Klaus, Freya, etc.), and they have to keep upping the ante.  When the Hollow and Davina go to war depending on who ends up on each side, will there be anything left of New Orleans?

(edited)
4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Does the Tyler and Mystic Falls reference mean Elijah, Vincent, Marcel, Klaus and Company are going to pay a visit to Mystic Falls, or try to resurrect Tyler?

Spoiler

I think there was a spoiler awhile ago that Alaric would appear on this season, so I'm guessing the bone is at the Armory.

As someone who tries (vaguely) to follow the TVD/TO timelines, I was intrigued by Freya's mention of Tyler's death as "a few years ago." So does that mean that the last season of TVD occurred sometime during the five years the Mikaelsons were out? That would mean

Spoiler

That the TVD world we see next week is likely set a few years after the TVD finale.

Damn, this season is dark. (I was like, Davina's skull?!?!) I'm happy whenever Josh appears, just because we get some levity! Josh's dialogue often feels like it fell out of the Buffyverse to me, which I mean in a very positive way.

Is Cami the other girl who is in the photo of Davina that is often shown at Rousseau's? It looks like a redhead but I can't figure out if it's someone I should remember.

Edited by Moxie Cat

Oh Hope, he's not your friend he's your brother.

The Klaus/Marcel/Hope family feels straight up killed me, from the moment Hope asked Klaus about the little boy and seeing Marcel's childhood memories have been preserved through everything. Marcel telling Hope he's unable to hate [their] father, protecting her life as well as her innocence and how uncomfortable he looks when Klaus finds them. Klaus' realization that Marcel protected Hope in the same manner he shielded Marcel and his face upon hearing Marcel had always known him to be a monster. Klaus & Marcel's first honest encounter since the everything went down was altogether satisfying, the first time I not only saw the possibility of them reuniting and was invested in it. Hope was so sassy and seemed like a Mikaelson (in a prideful, fiercely family first way) for the first time and it was glorious. I'm disturbingly pleased by the fact Hope took comfort in Klaus despite not believing his paint.

Vincent with Davina's skull was beyond creepy but so smart, he saved the girls, gained an ally against the hollows yet not the Mikaelsons, though it sadly proved Elijah's crazy faith in him/his gift right. I get that no one ever learns from their mistakes and frying pan to fire is their way of life but god Elijah, take a moment to remember the last time a vampire decided they knew the Harvest better than the witches and that the Ancestors were the power behind the prophesied Mikaelson downfall. Vincent calling out Elijah was spot on and seeing Elijah labeled virtue-less was quite the experience but I am really sick of vampires being held to human standards, especially when the wolves face no judgement for triggering their curse and the witches aren't held accountable for the blood on their hands.
There's definitely a heightened appreciation for Klaus as the mastermind & villain and seeing Klaus all hybrid was refreshing considering how many times he's been overpowered lately. Seeing Klaus and Hayley get along, legitimately understanding and reassuring each other was fantastic and oddly natural.

Hiding Tunde's blade in Sofya exceeded the usual hiding in plain sight it almost made up for the cliche that all answers reside in Mystic Falls; the most magical place on earth... almost.

Josh in Marcel's body with Freya was great and so perfectly in character for Josh to not want to leave her alone with Dominic.

Ya'll know I heart Elijah but his behavior this season is OTT even for a Mikaelson. I know he's feeling desperate about all this but damn, murdering those four young witches, he should have known better. Was totally feeling Vincent's desperation and apprehension at reaching out to Davina, just knowing that perhaps, hopefully, she was not completely torn apart on the other side made me smile. 

So we get what, just a couple minutes of Josh in Marcel's body but will no doubt be stuck with the Labonair Holler in boring Sofya? Ugh. More Josh!

Is Cami the other girl who is in the photo of Davina that is often shown at Rousseau's?

I believe it is. 

Hope and Marcel were adorable. As with every character on this show he sometimes annoys me but I like that he has a soft spot for children. And I may have cheered when Klaus finally, FINALLY, beheaded Dominic, man was he annoying. 

Still don't care about Freya and Keelin. 

• Love 1

I still find Elijah more interesting than Klaus even if they have now supposedly traded places.  I think it's DG's cool sophisticated delivery, and Elijah's suit.

I would have no problem with Vincent calling the vampires out on their murdering ways so long has he remembers what the witches and werewolves have done.  Unfortunately, all of these people end up looking like hypocrites.

I completely agree with Josh about Marcel's body.  Yum.

Also, while it would be correct for Elijah, Klaus, Kol and Finn's last name to be Mikaelson, Freya's and Rebekah's last name would be Mikaelsdaughter.  Hope's last name would be Klausdaughter.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think there was a spoiler awhile ago that Alaric would appear on this season, so I'm guessing the bone is at the Armory.

As someone who tries (vaguely) to follow the TVD/TO timelines, I was intrigued by Freya's mention of Tyler's death as "a few years ago." So does that mean that the last season of TVD occurred sometime during the five years the Mikaelsons were out? That would mean

Reveal hidden contents

That the TVD world we see next week is likely set a few years after the TVD finale.

Damn, this season is dark. (I was like, Davina's skull?!?!) I'm happy whenever Josh appears, just because we get some levity! Josh's dialogue often feels like it fell out of the Buffyverse to me, which I mean in a very positive way.

Is Cami the other girl who is in the photo of Davina that is often shown at Rousseau's? It looks like a redhead but I can't figure out if it's someone I should remember.

Yes, TVD did a three year time jump and TO did a five year time jump so S4 of TO takes places 1 year after TVD's series finale. I recall correctly, the timelines on the two shows diverged slightly because of how much time they were covering on each season (at one point on TVD, Caroline came to New Orleans looking for Klaus and no one had seen him because he was chained up in Marcel's basement). Before the time jump on TVD, they were about two years behind real time (for example, S6.E14 aired in February 2015 but actually took place in February 2013).

The three year time jump in S7 of TVD allowed the show to finally catch up to real time and then some. According to the TVD universe timeline, S7 took place over the course of about a month (March-April 2017), but it actually aired October 2015-May 2016. S8 took place in fall 2017 through March 2018. S4 of TO begins in May 2019.

Yes, the picture at the bar is of Davina and Cami, which I found kind of weird because although they defended each other to the Mikaelsons and they worked together to save the city numerous times, they didn't seem like two characters on the show who just hung out for fun. The picture is of them laughing together and I don't remember seeing them ever in the same room unless there was a crisis happening.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yes, TVD did a three year time jump and TO did a five year time jump so S4 of TO takes places 1 year after TVD's series finale. I recall correctly, the timelines on the two shows diverged slightly because of how much time they were covering on each season (at one point on TVD, Caroline came to New Orleans looking for Klaus and no one had seen him because he was chained up in Marcel's basement). Before the time jump on TVD, they were about two years behind real time (for example, S6.E14 aired in February 2015 but actually took place in February 2013).

The three year time jump in S7 of TVD allowed the show to finally catch up to real time and then some. According to the TVD universe timeline, S7 took place over the course of about a month (March-April 2017), but it actually aired October 2015-May 2016. S8 took place in fall 2017 through March 2018. S4 of TO begins in May 2019.

Yes, the picture at the bar is of Davina and Cami, which I found kind of weird because although they defended each other to the Mikaelsons and they worked together to save the city numerous times, they didn't seem like two characters on the show who just hung out for fun. The picture is of them laughing together and I don't remember seeing them ever in the same room unless there was a crisis happening.

That was some impressive time math there!  I would bet neither of the writing staff could to be so detailed.

Also, that picture is clearly a fake.... no one on this show hangs out just for funsies.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, doram said:

Davina was actually one of the most developed characters in this show, male or female, and it really blows my mind that they killed her off. 

Me too....plus I really loved Davina/Kol.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for mentioning that. I thought it sounded like Davina but I wasn't sure. I always liked her so I hope we'll get to see her again.

Edited by paulvdb