Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: ODYOKE

When one of Alex’s friends is framed for a domestic terror attack, they turn to her for help. With an upcoming vote in the House for a Muslim registry bill, the task force realizes this attack isn’t a coincidence. The Collaborators are actively stirring fear to pass the registry, and our team heads to the Hill to turn the votes. Meanwhile, Alex and Owen track down an assassin.

I've said this before but this show's commitment to diversity is really distracting.  As someone who picked which college he attended based on diversity, I don't want to harp on this too much but now we have a Spanish national as the speaker of the house's chief of staff.  Maybe that in and of itself isn't too crazy but you couple it with the south african lawyer the CIA recruited, the mexican national/criminal the CIA recruited, the half american/half indian the FBI and CIA recruited, the englishman the CIA brought over and gave unlimited access too, the two muslim twins who I can't recall where they're from but clearly have an accent that is not American and you have way too many people involved at the highest levels of national security who have questionable ties to the US.  

Also, the moral high ground these clowns were taking was really annoying.  A muslim registry is idiotic but it must be nice to live in a fictional world where muslim terrorists don't commit acts of terror and instead its always some grand conspiracy involving old white men.  Maybe if the creators took half a second to dwell on the utter devastation this fictional US has endured it would make a little more sense to see why that conversation was happening.  New York has been attacked twice, the President was assassinated, a mall was blown up, the FBI training center was attacked, its no wonder this citizenry is scared out of their minds.  And this has only been in the last 2 years or so.

I also wonder if the show writers care if Republicans watch their show because they spent about 2 minutes of cumulative show time just shitting on them.

As one who is new to the show - watched all of season 2 in the past three weeks and never saw season 1 - I'm often unsure if I don't know something because a) understanding last season would make it clear, or b) I've lost track of what happened because at my age my memory isn't what it used to be (or maybe it is and I just forgot), or c) it's part of what isn't yet been revealed.

So - are we supposed to know where Lydia's real allegiance is? And whether or not she's connected to The Collaborators? There are so many factions in this year's storyline it's easy to lose track.

I suppose that means she's learned her tradecraft really well. I have a hunch she still has at least one significant role to play before the season ends.

Texas mom- when you figure it out tell us, b cause we dont know why we are watching either. Although I will say this is the first episode I have been able to follow in I don't know how long. I actually enjoyed watching it. 

Cigar95- no, you aren't supposed to be able to figure it out. Season 1 wouldn't help at all. 

So Ryan has another damaged female to deal with? 

Edited by mythoughtis
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Apparently no one on the writer's staff remembers Timothy McVeigh. Terry Nichols. The Unabomber. Adam Lanza. Jared Lee Loughner.

Because it wouldn't be convenient enough to the storyline of the episode.

When discussing the bill before Congress, Shelby said something like "My state representative voted for it ..." Unless she claims residence in one of the few states that has only one representative in the House, that makes no sense. Members of the house represent DISTRICTS, not states. A "state representative"would more likely be a member of your state's legislative body, not the U.S. Congress.

Edited by J-Man

I basically gave up on this show in mid-season 1 and I came back for Hunter Parrish.

Please tell me that they aren't going with Blondie ending up with Clay. That would be gross on many levels.

I do feel like Clay's not ending up with his fiancee, either through death or a break-up.

Edited by methodwriter85
12 hours ago, cigar95 said:

As one who is new to the show - watched all of season 2 in the past three weeks ...

Ugh, it's only Season 2?!? Gah, this show is such a drag it feels like it's been on forever.

PC subtext all over the show but this was one of those "I not even going to try and disguise it" epis. The Ted Cruz remarks  from last season were the biggest case of I'm not even going to disguise it. This epi with open swipes & topic  did the same thing. And in the same epi where we get another righteous indignation shower they tase and basically kidnap a US citizen on US soil and openly bribe a legislature with a new plant in their state.

I'm also unclear on Owen's demotion from the field because he passed line about sizing up students since the Clinton years and yet didn't they mention it was 8 years? He's also predictable. Breakfest same time and everyone hangs out at the same bar/restaurant. Spies and predictability.

Now matter how much eye candy preaching is still ugly.

On 4/11/2017 at 1:26 PM, MV007 said:

I've said this before but this show's commitment to diversity is really distracting.

It depends on what you mean by "diversity". Every single person is model-perfect, and each and every person could wear the clothing of any other cast member of the same gender. Also, bills originate in the House, not the Senate. Unless I misheard the blond's description of the mission they got that wrong.

22 hours ago, iheartET said:

Oooollaaa Felix is REALLY cute!

Jon Kortajorena was immediately recognizable, as he's been modeling for what seems like decades. I had no idea that he spoke.

Since the show writers obviously hate viewers like me, I am done with them. It's been fun.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I basically gave up on this show in mid-season 1 and I came back for Hunter Parrish.

Please tell me that they aren't going with Blondie ending up with Clay. That would be gross on many levels.

I do feel like Clay's not ending up with his fiancee, either through death or a break-up.

They're basically setting up them to hook up before the season ends.

It's even more gross that she hooked up with the dad last season.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, AAEBoiler said:

Ugh, it's only Season 2?!? Gah, this show is such a drag it feels like it's been on forever.

It's been dragging on and on.

10 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

It depends on what you mean by "diversity". Every single person is model-perfect, and each and every person could wear the clothing of any other cast member of the same gender.

Fair point, and I'm 100% positive if someone pointed this out to the creators, they would add in a number of new characters to represent whatever group is thus far underrepresented.