Type keyword(s) to search

Farscape - General Discussion

millahnna
  • Start Topic

Aeryn mention in this article about Claudia Black's new film...

'FARSCAPE' & 'STARGATE SG-1' FAN FAVE CLAUDIA BLACK TACKLES ‘MORE MATURE’ SPACE ROLE IN THRILLER ‘DEUS’
By Benjamin Bullard   SEPTEMBER 16, 2022
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/deus-the-dark-sphere-claudia-black-sci-fi-thriller-interview 

Karla, Black’s character, anchors the film and brings a tragic backstory along on her extended Achilles tour, which requires the crew to hibernate their way through months of isolated space travel and thus lends an extra layer of gravity to their far-from-home decisions. Talking with SYFY WIRE, Black says there’s a decidedly more grown-up, astute human angle to her leading role in DEUS than what fans have seen from the beloved characters she’s portrayed in Farscape (as Aeryn Sun) and Stargate SG-1 (as Vala Mal Doran).
".... She’s a much more mature woman than we’ve seen compared to other characters I’ve played. Vala was extremely playful; Aeryn was a very sort of tragic, soft-centered heart of an epic space opera. ...."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

There's a web page that just plays Farscape? I clicked on the link and Aeryn was sucking on Crichton's finger because he cut himself. I haven't swooned for over 15 years. 

Looks like!

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I used to run home in the early 2000s. I was on the west coast and the feed was live.

Lucky you! Here in Oz, most SF/F shows were broadcast late at night. TNG, DS9, B5, Farscape, Buffy, Angel. Oh, Channel 9, I don't miss you. Program the recording to start 5 minutes before, you'd still end up with 30 minutes of... a current affairs show, I think. Some kind of irrelevant nonsense, at any rate.

SG1 was always on at a decent time, which made me happy. Maybe Seaquest and Charmed? I wasn't into those, so I'm not sure. But don't worry, soaps like 90210 and Melrose were on during primetime. Never liked soaps, so I'll admit to being bitter.

Anyway, Farscape!

(edited)

THE 20 BEST SCI-FI TV SHOWS ON PEACOCK: THE CONTINENTAL, FARSCAPE, RESIDENT ALIEN & MORE
By SYFY WIRE Staff   Updated Jan 4, 2024
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/the-best-sci-fi-tv-shows-on-peacock-right-now 

Farscape
Farscape still has a dedicated fanbase even though it's been more than two decades since the show's premiere. The series follows human astronaut John Chrichton (Ben Browder) as he finds himself stranded on an alien world after accidentally getting sucked through a wormhole. In his effort to make it back to Earth, he joins a ragtag group of aliens on the run who soon become his newfound family. It's a show well worth a watch (or rewatch) if you're looking for some awesome space adventure. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

I found myself watching Till The Blood Runs Clear. Overall good, but there's a moment where Aeryn gets in a fistfight. Wow, sound effects have improved in the last 20 years. These ones are just so over the top, it almost sounds like a cartoon. At least the explosion effects are good.

But one of my pet peeves with fights. When you hit an enemy with an object and stagger them, you keep hitting them with the object, don't just throw it away. You keep hitting them until you're sure you've won.

• Like 1